PDA

View Full Version : Why can't they seem to get Artoo's dome right?

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 12:30 PM
It seems that Hasbro has made all the other Astromech domes correctly... three projector "knobs" on the dome. It seems that practically every Artoo, with the exception of ONE, is missing that one that's placed on the top. Is there any history/reason as to why that is?

LTBasker
05-24-2002, 12:40 PM
They don't care about it being THAT accurate when usually the only special thing about the R2 fig is the new feature?: Wheels, electronics, rockets, missile-lightsaber...

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 01:42 PM
(sounding a bit like Marge Simpson) "Hmmmmm..." :frus:

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 02:21 PM
My main complaint with the new R2 is that his dome is turned to the side and stuck there.

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah... there's that, too. They really couldn't do much about that because of the electronics, though.

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 03:22 PM
I hadn't thought of that. They could've just had the dome facing foreward, though.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 03:31 PM
If I remember correctly the EP2 Artoo is the exact same mold that was used for the Power FX Artoo 6 years ago. Hasbro/Kenner wasn't so interested in accuracy back then.

So far the Artoo with holo/Leia is the all around best version of Artoo yet. I won't waste my money on another Artoo figure until they manage to make one better than that version.

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 03:36 PM
I'm with ya on that BigB.

Beast
05-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Hopefully the upcoming E2 R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets will be as good or better then the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. But they really need to do R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender w/ Drink Tray. And then R2-D2: Trench Battle Damage and R2-D2: Endor Bunker Damage. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hopefully the upcoming E2 R2-D2 w/ Booster rockets will be as good or even better then the R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia. But they really need to do R2-D2: Jabba's Bartender w/ Drink Tray. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Yes, it's amazing that with all the different versions of R2, even the uneeded POTJ Naboo Escape (did it even have some sort of feature?) Hasbros still hasn't made bartender R2.

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Yeah... the big "feature" on Naboo Escape Artoo was the fact that he had WHEELS!!!! Oooooooooh...!

I think that's the only one they've gotten right, though... regarding the dome details. I'll have to double check on the Holo Leia Artoo... which I think is the best Artoo, but is only "passable" as compared to some of the other Astromechs we've gotten.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 04:35 PM
I have the Holo Leia Artoo opened and he is far and away the best astromech droid yet made. All the other have their bodies elongated to fit the third leg. For some reason the HL Artoo doesn't seem to have this problem. Plus he has the correct number of little knobs sticking out of his head and has cool little holo-foil stickers for some of his head details.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:17 PM
Which can come of very easily.

:D

JediTricks
05-24-2002, 10:51 PM
I wonder why only R3-T7 has a "top eye" in the proper spot on his dome, most of the top eyes on the Hasbro 4"-scale astromechs have been not on the rear-left upper door but instead between that door and the left upper door where the seam is.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Which can come of very easily.

:D

I haven't had this problem with my HL Artoo's stickers. Are you speaking from experience? In any case, a little bit of Elmer's Glue should hold them in place as long as you're not planning on taking him in the bathtub with you.:)

JetsAndHeels
05-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Did you say they were making an R2 with Booster Rockets JarJar? If so, then why? I mean we have already seen this figure in the EP1 line. I guess its the same as the battle droid and some of the jedi. Hasbro needs to put them in the saga line to make some extra $$ and to make them available to anyone who didnt get them the first time.

Beast
05-24-2002, 11:11 PM
No, they are making him because the E1 figure was from a cut scene. The E2 R2 w/ Booster Rockets will have them coming out of the legs like they do in the movie. Hopefully they give him lil blue lollipops for his booster rockets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
05-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Perhaps his little socket mechanism as well. That would be nice to have on an R2.