PDA

View Full Version : S-wow-ffy

jeddah
09-17-2001, 02:04 PM
Hi Swaffy,

As you can guess the Alpha's arrived this morning along with the TF lander. :) I didn't realise I was getting aTF Lander and am over the moon. Who am I to thank? I know this model probably isn't too popular with all y'all (I think JT called it a brick) but I think it's wonderful. Love the doors with the disgorging MTTs and the rigid turrets. A shame the cockpit has to be forced shut to keep the BD in, and that the opening doors keep falling off, but that's all academic, really.

The WOW in the subject comes from the effort you put into your mixtape (unfortunately I only have a CD player @ the mo') particularly the programme; guys I kid you not, he has designed and executed the most opulent and splendid brochure to accompany the tape, complete with moodily nostalgic bound front-cover. I am a bit confused as to what I am to do with this? Send it to VT or BritC?????

Oh, and some kerrappy little fat-ships were included :p I take it these are Brit C's Galaxy VOYS? he he he

I think you're a real kindred spirit SWAFFY, to put that much effort in.

jeddah

good shot jansen
09-17-2001, 02:51 PM
back on july 19th, the following exuberance flowed oh so easily from the divine miss j over my baggin' of the tf lander

Originally posted by jeddah

Wahey!

ILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUV YOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUV YOUILUV YOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOU
*breathe*
ILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUV YOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOUILUVYOU.

then today we git this bit o' rubbish

Originally posted by jeddah

............."I didn't realise I was getting aTF Lander and am over the moon. Who am I to thank?"...............

sheeesh............

np: soft cell - tainted love/where did our love go?

SWAFMAN
09-17-2001, 05:29 PM
Jeddah,
The booklet is yours to keep. I made 4 of them, and VT has an exact duplicate, as do I. It is the liner notes to accompany the tape. If we have VT's ominous comments to go by:

"hey swaffy, speaking of "terrorism", as it so happens i finally got around to giving your mixtape an initial listen today & yesterday. my reaction? let's just say i'm dispatching a few More "strike force ships" in your direction as we speak"

...well, I hope you find more to enjoy than our VenerableTunemeister compadre. As I've said in other posts, music, as is true of all art, is probably the most subjective of all subjects. I would never choose or dismiss friends based solely upon their differing opinions of a piece of music.

I anxiously await your honest critique of the contents of the tape. Same for VT, beyond the few words he issued above.

Peace.
or if not Peace, then Victory!

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 09:32 AM
I don't remember calling the Lander a brick.

How else would you have the battle droid's cockpit if not closed?

jeddah
09-18-2001, 12:20 PM
Thanks Swaffy, I didn't realise I was included in your mixtape run - I thought you'd have excluded me on the strength of VTs nigh-intolerant despatches on my posting a critique to his tape. :p

As soon as money gets a bit more thick on the ground, I shall listen-galore :)

GSJ, I can only apologise for my rudeness. Please don't think me an ingrate.

jeddah

good shot jansen
09-18-2001, 06:29 PM
i was only funning wit ya!

btw, the brickster would be moi!

i'm glad you like it, it's still a brick to me!

np: paul simon - one man's ceiling is another man's floor

vulcantouch
09-19-2001, 01:05 PM
-is that a uk way of saying "nagging & whining"? ;)

swaffy: music, as is true of all art, is probably the most subjective of all subjects"
-i would agree in the sense that context is crucial; but i also believe there exists an empiricism of artistic merit which proves itself over time. for example, matisse will always be capable of evoking a superior range, complexity and depth of response than norman rockwell. recognizing this is not the same thing as being a snob; as the recently-deceased pauline kael wrote, "i don't trust critics who say they only care for the highest and best. it's an inhuman position, and i don't believe them." :cool:

"I would never choose or dismiss friends based solely upon their differing opinions"
-Now we're cookin ;) E Pluribus Unum, baby! :D

"I anxiously await your honest critique. . . beyond the few words issued above"
-all things come. . . ;)
vt
np: chic, "strike up the band"

vulcantouch
04-10-2002, 05:25 PM
when swaffy returned VTape club selections (maybe i'll have another dozen or so to loan ya by next winter? :) ), he enclosed an avon bp 7 and a dc tfbattleship :cool: the dc has been absorbed by bjr's collection, for which he expresses da thanx :) but the avonbp7's still up for grabs, in case one of you i'll shortly be mailing to (jt, jdah, gsj, dc etc) seeks it :)
i'm Still absorbing gsj's & timminator's mixtapes, but as soon as i'm ready i'll start us a MMixtape MMadness thred where we can post our detailed critiques- unless one of you beats me to it that is :Pirate: but i wouldn't be in such a hurry if i were yall, cuz that bloodbath ain't gonna be pretty :evil:
vt
np: fixx, "red skies"

SWAFMAN
04-10-2002, 08:09 PM
i was starting to get a bit concerned about the box o' VideoTapes! Good to hear they arrived safely. I still owe you a Broadway Damage post in 'da humps thread. thanks again for sending the tapes. maybe we can do it again sometime.

if you haven't been there yet, check out my reply to your last post in the 'gw is a hypocrite' thread. you're becoming an international celeb! (as if you weren't already! ;) )

jeddah
04-17-2002, 12:31 PM
quick hijack

Swaffy or GSJ, could either of you burn a .mov or .mpg of the new EP2 trailer for me? Or perhaps email it to my paradigm-shift addy?

Just thought I'd ask because I know you're both techno-able and I can send you a blank CD-R

:kiss:

jeddah

SWAFMAN
04-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Jeddah, I have a few of the trailers downloading at this moment. Will get them burned to CD for you & sent to VT for fwd to you.
:cool:

vulcantouch
04-17-2002, 11:15 PM
. . .but you guys do realize, do you not, that if it's forwarded via me jdah will not receive said ep2 trailer unti well after ep2 Itself is released? but like i sez, whatever yall decide's ok by me :)
hey swaffy, you notice that mere days after i declared bin laden ded, al jakeeroff trots out a six-month old VTape of same?
the Lengths some people'll go to to Try to discredit my undiscreditable VerdicTs, eh? :rolleyes:
:happy:

SWAFMAN
04-18-2002, 11:46 AM
Jeddah I've burned a CD w/ trailers "Mystery", "Clone Wars", "Forbidden Love" and "Breathing". All of them are in .mov Quick Time format, plus an extra .mpeg version of the "Mystery" trailer. The video and sound quality are really nice. Unless I hear otherwise fairly soon, I'll mail this to VT for inclusion with his next package going to you. If you'd like me to try emailing you any of these files as attachments, they range from approx 12MB to approx 32MB. Lemme know if your email account can accept files of this size.

VT That OBL video sure does seem dubious. I haven't read anything on BBC news or elsewhere saying Uncle Sam stopped payment on your check. :)

:( watching live TV of an absolutely beautiful building (Pirelli Tire bldg.) in Milan, Italy that's been hit by a plane. Much confusion now, but early reports say it was an accident, not terrorism.

jeddah
04-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi Swaffy, thanks, you're a king. <sheepishly> :o I'd kinda like to see the Clone Wars trailer before I see the movie if at all possible. I think I've got about 8 dollaris left in my Paypal account I can send to cover postage if you don't mind....?

I heard about the plane too. How long do you think it'll take before our immediate gut reaction will not think of the WTC whenever there's a report of a plane crash? Everytime I hear about plane accidents I immediately think terrorism even though I know better....

jeddah

SWAFMAN
04-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Jeddah, what method of mail/shipping shall I use? I have only shipped to England via regular mail (ground/sea?). I assume there is an Air Mail option via the post office, or even something lke UPS or FedEx. I can look into the cost and delivery times at this end. If you already know something about what's the best option, balancing cost and delivery speed, please let me know.

(I don't know if I'll ever get to a place where plane crashes don't first make me consider terrorism. When we went to NYC last year to see the WTC site and pig-out on good deli food, we were sitting in a booth next to a window at the 2nd Ave. Deli. At one point, I looked up and saw a passenger jet flying over the skyscrapers of Manhattan, and I got a huge dose of that feeling you get in your stomach right after you almost crash your car/motorcycle. Fear/adrenaline? It was very strange.)

jr44772@adelphia.net

jeddah
04-18-2002, 12:41 PM
BTW Swaffy, did anyone forward you the Queen Mother email I sent out? I only have old email addys for you.

jeddah

jeddah
04-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Oh, just seen your speedy response, we must be both OL at the same dime ;)

Well, one of the R2 builders sends me stuff by ...International Priority Mail (http://ircalc.usps.gov/) and for the stuff under 4 lbs, it's always $5.00. If this is not too much of an effort, we could go this way, or I could arrange with John a convenient time when I can have the internet for 6 hours.

Thanks again Swaffy. I missed Clone Wars trailer at the cinema and really want to see the R2 part.

jeddah

SWAFMAN
04-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Jeddah, I will go to the post office tomorrow (Friday) and mail the CD to you via international priority mail. If it costs more than $8.00 US, I will reply here before mailing. Can you please email me with your mailing address again? The clone wars trailer is Very cool. Hasbro BETTER make AFs of all the ships! Wait 'til you see all of them. Some are sorta blockish, like the MTT, but they're still great.

vulcantouch
06-24-2002, 10:06 AM
just alertin my fellow foruMMers to the fact that a crazy person posts among us: swaffinator owed me ~$3 cuz of paypal-incurred charges, & axes me if there might be anything he could send in trade rather than $$ while he was at it. so i listed a couple things offa toppa head (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=105581#post105581) for the halibut. who'da guessed THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=883547946) is what he'd go & do :rolleyes: :sur: :crazed: spendin ~$13 to pay back ~$3? like i quoted him via email, "some people don't understand the first Thing about cost analysis" (fett to himself, shadow-mode-observing 4 costly tie fighters chase the falcon into hoth asteroids, Tales Of The Bounty Hunters novel :eek: )
sheesh, do a guy a coupla fun, no-cost-to-yerself, i-was-goin-that-way-anyway favors & he thinks he Owes you or sumthin. so let this be a warning to the restaya: when swaffy feels indebted he goes overboard ;)
vt
p.s. to swaffy: to answer huntpost 284 quextion, it arrived last thursday or friday- a-ok except for seller charging you $2.90 for what turned out to be $1.26 postage :frus: about 2/3 of album is the jb7's instrumental versions of "blueberry hill", "unchained melody" etc; the rest are jb compositions i hadn't heard before, some of which are supercool & trigger love-at-1st-hearin :cool:
and p.s. i still say bin laden's dead, regardless of the most recent contrary buzz :p

jeddah
06-24-2002, 02:29 PM
ayup, Swaffy's :cool:

:)

jeddah

vulcantouch
03-12-2003, 10:23 AM
. . .gotta give swaffy props for sending me the alien gigership mm he didn't want (b'jr'll likely add it to the daisy-chain dozen he already has), as well as the $6 from jg which, as i recall, is part of a 3-way compensation so jdah should knock $6 off what i'm owed :)
in return: tho i can't seem to lure swaffy over to the hump for all the gum in egypt (the other day, rather than post there he sends me an Email about a spate of his recent, utterly humpworthy flik viewins, can you Believe that?? :frus: ), i imagine he'll find latest huntpost (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=229781#post229781) of interest :)
vt

JediGoofy
03-13-2003, 05:32 AM
The $6 SWAFMAN forwarded you are actually my payment for the LEGO Mini TIE Fighter Jeddah kindly bought me with an issue of the SW insider.
Instead of getting my money jeddah told me to forward it to you.

I hope this is complex enough to satisfy you, vt. ;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. I hate exclusive items (like the LEGO Mini TIE) unless there are friendly board members like you Jeddah! Thank you! :)

jeddah
03-15-2003, 03:38 PM
cou cou, Jedigoofy!

Mon Plaisur.

Bises

jeddah