PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blades!

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 11:54 AM
okay, so there are so many accessories threads, that i figured i'd start my own thread about my accessory idea...

i thought of something that would be really cool... now that all the blades for the lightsabers are detatchable, they should make different shapes for them... if you look at any of the movies during the duels, the blades, when in motion, are wedge shaped, not skinny and straight. if they made all the colors in the wedge shape (regular sized base, wider and squared off top) the jedi would all look too bad-@$$! it would look like a freeze frame of the movie... just a thought (and a really cool one, if i do say so myself...) they should just bag them with a bunch of hilts (they can just re-use molds, although if they were the metal ones, that would be sooo cool...) i also thought that they should make a couple that are shorter than usual ones... so they look like they are being turned on or off.

please support this idea, because i think this should be made...

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Where have i heard this thing before?

;)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-24-2002, 05:28 PM
I like Hasbro's new take in makig the lightsabers/ blast effects better looking. Motion blades would rock!

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:45 PM
But it should be done properly. It would suck it if they looked like fans instead of moving blades.

:)

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Where have i heard this thing before?

;)

yeah, but i figured i had to start a new thread some time... i felt that at 50 posts, i had the right to... lol. plus, i think it's a good enough idea.

as for the fan problem, i'm not sure it's feasible, but if they made the mold thicker at the edges and thinner in the middle, it would look like the middle was lighter than the edges, creating the illusion of glowing. also, if the blade was straight on one side, and the other side was the one that was angled, it would look less like a fan, and more like it was moving in the direction of the straight part. what does anyone else think?

RooJay
05-24-2002, 06:36 PM
I'm down with motion blades. They'll have to be in addition to regular blades though. It'd kinda suck to have figures with ONLY motion blades. I can see something like this as a welcome addition to the concept of clip-on blast/ energy effects.

DarkArtist
05-24-2002, 08:34 PM
The only problem with this idea is that the accessory packs really didn't work on Hasbro's part. Hence the reason why the last few packs were so short run. I would love to see an accessory set of various hilts and lightsaber blades. That would rock plus for us creators we can make dozens of Jedi and not have to rely on buying multiple Luke's or other Jedi Figures..........

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 08:46 PM
it could be a thing that is packaged with a jedi figure... if each fig came with a regular non-moving blade, and a motion blade, they might do that... i agree, the accessory packs didn't do too well, but if this was done well, i bet collectors would go apedoody over them...

bigbarada
05-25-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm not really sure about this. Think about it, all that extra plastic on the end of the saber blade is going to make it "top-heavy" and put a lot of stress on that little peg that holds the blade in place. That peg is thin and fragile enough as it is, why push your luck?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-30-2002, 07:17 PM
The peg will hold. How heavy can a piece of 2" long and 5 milimetre wide plastic be?

:D

RooJay
05-30-2002, 08:35 PM
That's what I'm saying. All of the pegs on my sabers seem pretty strong. I could easily see how they be able to hold AT LEAST twice the weight EASILY!

darthvyn
05-30-2002, 11:51 PM
they are making those new accessory packs, so maybe we'll see something like this...

darthvyn
06-29-2002, 09:35 AM
MUUUUUWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAA... you thought it would die... i dug into the depths of the dear hasbro forum and resurected the motion blades thread like the firey phoenix rises from it's own ashes! it will never die!!!! back on top!!!!! it's alive, ALIVE, ALIVE!!!!!! MUUUUUWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAA...

support motion blades...

QLD
06-29-2002, 01:04 PM
No, I don't think it's a very good idea at all.

darthvyn
06-29-2002, 07:14 PM
well i don't think YOU'RE a good idea, so nyah!

LTBasker
06-29-2002, 07:49 PM
They wouldn't be able to do them correctly. The thing about the blades is when they're in "motion" like the example your give, you see the inner beam in "motion" and the light it's giving off also moves around it, but Hasbro doesn't mold any inner beam, just the one color blades, so it'd look more like a fruit roll-up rather than a lightsaber in motion.

darthvyn
06-29-2002, 08:34 PM
it's probably pointless to argue, seeing as though it's doubtful they will make 'em anyway... i just wanted to bring my first thread back from the dead...

Jargo
06-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Stangely, I can see this working. What you actually need is a blabe that's almost the same as a regular one but flattened at the top so it looks more like the squared off blades in the movie. Then a thin wedge of the same plastic flowing off from the blade in a tapered way so it's thinner at the bottom end than at the top and thinner at the edges than at the center but still thinner than the actual blade itself. Onto this you add a sculpted streaking effect but very subtle and you achieve hopefully the effect of a blade cutting through the air with a tracer following the saber beam. I can see it in my head but find it hard to describe in words. But as a pack in for major jedi characters and something to pack in with yet another dull vader figure i can see its potential and see that it's a much better use of lumps of clear colored plastic than the force effects. The force effects suffer from being too thick and from never being sen anywhere in the movies. The motion blades are seen everywhere a jedi weilds a saber in action. Ergo it's a great idea that hasbro should have thought of. Figures should pack with a saber hilt with a peg to attach the hilt to the figures belt. A metal saber hilt if they have a magnet in their hand, a normal saber blade and a motion saber blade. That would make up for a lack of articulation in the legs when hasbro pose the Jedi in Bruce Lee fight positions. :D

Eternal Padawan
06-30-2002, 08:06 AM
OH! I think Jargo hit on the way to make Hasbro start making these. Give them the choice between ANYTHING and more articulation in their figures and they'll head the other direction.

So articulated figures or motion blades Hasbro? They'll gobble up motionblades like kids eating candy on Halloween...

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 07:07 PM
jarg's, that's sort of similar to my post on the first page about making it thicker in the middle, where the color is more pure, and thinner at the edges, where the color is washing out... or maybe thickest at one edge, and getting thinner toward the "back" of the blade, to give more of a motion sense...

Jargo
07-02-2002, 08:31 AM
Jarg's? You called me Jarg's?...... You must die slowly and painfully for this insult! :p

When the cows turn in revolt and stage an uprising and seize power of the globe from the capitalist fools who are now in seats of power then and only then will we se the motion blades become a reality from the bowels of hasbro. The cows know what's what. They'd get things right.......... :crazed:

other than that i guess we just keep plugging on about it here. :(

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 08:42 AM
One thing that would make the motion blades really bad is if Hasbro did go along with them and they kept their energy blast bottoms for the blades it wouldn't be too pretty...

darthvyn
07-03-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Jarg's? You called me Jarg's?...... You must die slowly and painfully for this insult!

sorry, is that some sort of middle english curse or whatever the hell it is you people speak over there... lol...

LTB... true, i don't like the energy stuff at the bottoms... i could just see all sorts of extra ripples and ridges all over these things... that would not be good...

Obi-Don
07-03-2002, 10:18 AM
I always for more lightsabers. The more the better,but I would have to see this motion saber. It sounds good though.

Jedi Knightrider
07-08-2002, 09:54 AM
wow, i agree with obi-don, more lightsabers is always better - i think this is a cool idea!

Darth Cruel
07-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Darthvyn - Emperor Jargo is upset that you called him Jargs because he wants to be known as Loretta. Read his signature.

Jargo
07-19-2002, 07:13 AM
And what pray tell is wrong with that? Don't you oppress me!

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 05:35 PM
alright, so, i'm in a thread reviving mood!!!

anyway, they should make these. i'm gonna keep reviving this thread until they do...

make them (shakes fist)

Janzeke Khan
08-19-2002, 08:12 PM
It Sounds good but I'm more interested in diffrent Lightsaber colors (Yellow, Orange, and Purple) and Custom hilts for each Jedi. But these will be a plus for us Open Box Collectors.

RooJay
08-21-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Janzeke Khan
It Sounds good but I'm more interested in diffrent Lightsaber colors (Yellow, Orange, and Purple)

So you're an EU fan too? Cool!;)

darthvyn
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
heh, heh... brining this thread back... ahhhh, my first thread ever...

anyway, what do all the new people think about this?

RooJay
04-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I'd still love to see 'em (I've always thought they would be a great idea), but I've been hearing rumors that Hasbro plans to stop producing lightsabers with removeable blades sometime soon, which would make these pretty improbable.:cry: