PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart shelves only Chewbacca can reach

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Went to the larger of the two local Wal-Marts last night. They have tons of stuff. About 25 feet of stuff, plus more in bin-like objects around the corner.

But they also have the lower three or four feet of shelving full of lightsabers and stuff, and the figures go almost all the way to the roof. I'm not tall, but I don't think even Michael Jordan could've reached the top rows. And I just know- I mean, I just know that there was stuff up there I wanted.

I'm sure WM doesn't care, but they do know they can't sell what people can't get to, right?

JediDan
05-24-2002, 05:31 PM
One of the Wal marts near me is like that too. They have the figures standing up on a shelf WAY up on top about 8 feet up. And yes there was all the new ones up there, :rolleyes:

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:34 PM
A store here has all (read: 3 figs and 3 vehicles) the AOTC stuff behind the counter. I really hate that.

And why do they do that: They don't give a crap.

:(

Darth Sidious
05-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Thats weird...I can always reach stuff on the top shelves. Im not horribly tall either. They should lower the stuff though. I am very light, and I have mastere the ancient art of peg climbing. When I was younger I climbed the pegs all the way to the top and found my Grand Admiral Thrawn. In my excitement I stood up (Still on the top of the shelf) and yelled "I found it!!!" Everyone in the whole store saw me. I was kicked out but they let me buy the Thrawn. It rocked. I still climb pegs today for very high shelves.
:Pirate: Arrgh! I be the Peg Pirate!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2002, 09:35 PM
You know, there's something called "asking for help."

JediIan
05-24-2002, 10:07 PM
You know, there's something called "asking for help."

Jason B
05-24-2002, 11:02 PM
you know, there's something called, "speak to a tall person." :p

Jaina Solo
05-25-2002, 05:47 AM
Ever try to find a store employee when you actually need one? I didn't see any tall people, either, just a couple of kids who were having the same problem I was.

Hmm. Maybe next time I'll take a step ladder from the hardware department for a test drive... ;)

DarthMaulSithLord
05-25-2002, 05:50 AM
Most of the employees working in toystores here are young and small females. Not a bad thing, but they can't get to the high shelves.

:)

Taichi
05-25-2002, 10:43 AM
Nope, I just stack garbage cans in a precarious, and dangerous fashion, building-block style, until I can climb to the top, like some kind of daredevil, and then I must maintain a steady balance, as I rifle through the figures near the top.....

add to that the fact that many, many figures are falling off the pegs at this point, and striking my already fragile perch, and you can see why I have so much head trauma......

Starfig873
05-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I remember when I was younger and that was always a problem. I hated it to death, and all the good stuff was up higher and NOONE was ever around. Now I'm a healthy six foot four. My suggestion? Drink your milk kids. ;)

QLD
05-25-2002, 02:06 PM
I just throw nerf balls at them until what I want falls down. Actually, I never have this problem, but I did throw a nerf football once and knock down a huge toy display. That was fun.

Dooku Fett
05-25-2002, 02:08 PM
My Wal-Mart's Star Wars display is fine. It's spread out and is only maybe 3 or 4 pegs high.