PDA

View Full Version : What will be on clearance?

tgr3328
05-24-2002, 02:39 PM
When the figures are finally put on clearance, which ones do you think will still be on the shelves? I am trying to figure out which to buy now and which will still be around later.

Perhaps they won't have the massive clearance sales like they did with the EP I line.

Any ideas which figures will be the Sio Bibbles, TC-14's, and Naboo Royal Guards of the Saga series?

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 02:47 PM
Are you kidding? Those three Ep. 1 figs are ones I never found. Those, and Amidala w/Ascension Gun.

My bet is Captain Typho, and probably some of the alien Jedi. Nikto and Kit Fasto, I'd guess.

therock0603
05-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Man, the Bibble and TC-14 wave was the hardest to find. Those are worth the most and I luckily found them and have them on the card. I found them while out of town in a store near Gulf Shores, Alabama. It's a specialty store that carries everything, just a bit higher of a price. I never saw those figures anywhere else.

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 02:56 PM
I saw one TC-14 once...didn't grab it. Silly me.

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Which ones will be the Sio Bibbles, my guess is Dooku,Yoda,Mace, the new Padme and anything else that is hard to get. What will be left is Anakin (outland),1st Padme,R2,C3PO,Kit,Obi, and anything else in the first assortment. The best buy right now is Jango Fett Kamino Escape. It's one of my favorites, I like Dooku and Yoda, but Jango removable helmet,Guns that fit in holster, and grappling hook is just so cool. Another thing I think will be big is the figures wtih background inserts, they are also hard to get, only the first 16 came like that.

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 03:16 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing any of the basic figures go on clearance any time soon. A few sales here and there might be nice. This film is much more popular with the viewers and the figures are much more interesting - lots of Jedi, Clones, etc. E1 figs were just boring - like the movie.

I think the first items we will see on clearance will be the deluxe figs and the Reek creatures (I already see lots of those collecting dust).

DarthBrandon
05-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Not in my city, we will see many and I mean many of the first wave of figures go on sale cause their is just too dam many.

tgr3328
05-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Thanks. I am trying to concentrate on the ones that will be hard to find later. When I see only one figure on the self today, I don't know if that means there will be 20 next week or none. So, I would like to know what to get now and what will still be around at clearance time.

I like the Jango Fett Kamino Escape too. I bought one even thought there have always been many on the self.

Is Mace in short supply? I saw one Mace and one Anakin Hangar Duel and bought the Anakin.

pthfnder89
05-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Kit Fisto and Typho will definitely hang around. I think the Royal Guard and Taun We wil be left also, as they're starting to gather dust around here. :)

JEDIpartner
05-24-2002, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking the Deluxe figures and the Blasters will be the big clearance items. I don't know what things are like in your areas, but it seems like some stores around here are only carrying one speeder or the other. None of them appear to have both Anakin's AND Zam's! Strange. I think the 12" figures (with the exception of Jango) will be clearance items as well. It seems like all the stores are sitting on those right now. K-Mart's been doing really well with their basic figures. Loads of empty pegs, which is good considering how full they had them!

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Typically the last few waves of any toy line are the hardest to come by. So nothing will be rare right now, wait until the line is about to end and try to seek out the last couple of waves.

Here are some examples from past Star Wars lines:

Vintage - the rarest non-variation figures are the "last 17" POTF figures. Bit players like Warok, Romba, Amanaman, Imperial Gunner command the most value. The rarest being Yakface who was only released overseas after the line had been cancelled in the US. I'm referring to loose figures, carded is a completely different animal. However the most valuable carded figures are also ones that were only released overseas: Gamorrean Guard, Nikto, Anakin and the AT-AT Driver on POTF cards are some of the most valuable figures in the line. With the POTF carded Anakins selling out at Brian's Toys for over $4000 each.:eek:

POTF2 - Leia, Admiral Motti, and Artoo with holo Leia where the toughest to find before the line folded into POTJ. They still command a decent aftermarket value.

Ep1 - the figures you mentioned are rare only because they were the last waves of the line, before it too was folded into POTJ. Look at Eopie with Qui-Gonn, never released in the US due to lack of demand and goes for about $75 here.

POTJ - Boshek, Teebo, R4, FX-7, Imperial Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper all were in the last two waves and are still pretty hard to come by.

The moral: If you want figures that will gain value then wait around until the line folds and try to snatch up the last few waves. Especially be on the lookout for stuff only released overseas near the end of the line. I think we are stuck with the Saga line until Ep3, so check back in about 4 years to see when the line is about to be cancelled.

Note: I'm not advocating scalping here; but buying figures that might increase in value is a big motivator for some collectors. Bottom line is, don't collect to finance your house or pay for college. Collect because you enjoy it.

ishi tib
05-25-2002, 11:26 AM
TGR3328, I would doubt that Mace should be hard to find for too much longer. All 3 of the TRUs in Toledo have TONS of them (and Vader Bespin, and Jango Final Battle). The only ones that are even slightly hard to find around here are Luke Bespin & Count Dooku. And if things are abundant here in BFE Ohio, then the rest of the universe should probably get twice as many of them :)

MikeAndTheBots
05-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

POTJ - Boshek, Teebo, R4, FX-7, Imperial Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper all were in the last two waves and are still pretty hard to come by.

FX-7, Imperial Officer, and the Rebel fleet Trooper are impossible to get rid of around here. No one wants them! They've been sitting on pegs at the local TRU for about a month and a half.

tgr3328
05-28-2002, 09:50 AM
I started collecting near the end of EP1. I have most of the figures, but there are certain ones in the secondary market that are just too expensive for my taste. I'm not looking to make money; I just want to get the rarer figures while they are still available at retail price.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 11:12 AM
I think for a while after anything goes on clearance, the Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids are going to be plentiful. But this just until someone actually sees they're clearanced and starts to buy them for his or her army buildin'.
Those Droids are just cloggin' the shelfs around here. But I'll definitely be buying more...at some point.

brentfett
05-28-2002, 11:23 AM
Unless for some strange reason Dooku stays rare, I don't think anything released so far will go up very much in value. Like some other folks said, the last waves will be the ones to get in terms of high dollar value.