PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Another Clonetrooper variation!!!

therock0603
05-24-2002, 03:00 PM
I just looked at my clonetrooper and noticed that the dots on his chest are smeared!!!! This is another variation of the dots!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha, just kidding...although the paint is smeared.......:(

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 03:04 PM
Uh...yeah. Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Throw it up on eBay. I'm sure some nerd will offer you $50 for it.

:crazed:

Beast
05-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Also, that wouldn't be a variation anyway, it's a painting error. Variations are intended changes during the run of a figure to correct somthing, or to alter a figure. Examples: Luke: Jedi Knight (Vest color went from tan to black), Han: Endor Gear (Pants went from blue to correct brown), Imperial Scout Trooper (Clean and later Dirty) and the upcoming Endor Rebel Soldier head change, to name a few. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaina Solo
05-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Jar Jar's right. Although somebody probably would pay for it on eBay...people are silly that way.

They're changing the head on the Endor Rebel Soldier? *goes to Target to grab a few*

Beast
05-24-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Jaina Solo
They're changing the head on the Endor Rebel Soldier? *goes to Target to grab a few*
Yes indeed, the second head will be a clean shaven version. I heard that this version is also based on a Hasbro/Kenner employee. Frankly, they really should have made the varient a black version of the ERS instead. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedikmg
05-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Has anyone found the non-shaved version? I haven't seen any in my area

Beast
05-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Nope, the latest cases with Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Djas Puhr still have the bearded version in it. But the change should be happening soon after that. Hasbro said it was going to be a 50/50 run. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I found an Anakin HD figure with only one eyebrow. I bet I could get a fortune off that on ebay.:rolleyes:

That's cool about the Endor Trooper, but where's the danged alternate head sculpt Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Commander?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
They apparently canned those.

:(

Beast
05-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
That's cool about the Endor Trooper, but where's the danged alternate head sculpt Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Commander?

Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
They apparently canned those. :(
Nope, just delayed. Hasbro plans to put them out near the end of the year in the Saga Line. Or atleast thats what they told both Rebelscum and Yakface. :D

From Yakface:
The variant heads of the Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper have been designed, but with the demise of Power of the Jedi, their fate is still undetermined. Hasbro is considering releasing these and perhaps a few other harder-to-find POTJ figures on the current blue Saga cards by year's end to satiate fans who missed figures like FX-7 and army builders interested in new versions of the existing army builders.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Oooohhh... maybe that means we'll see more Sandtroopers and Scout Troopers too! :)

Dar' Argol
05-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Has anyone noticed that the bearded Endor rebel kinda looks like Tom Green??? I was walking out of my SW room and looked right at him and said, "Oh No! They made that idiot!" Just an observation.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Oh no I found another one!

Beast
05-24-2002, 06:01 PM
Ugh, no Dar'gol...no more Tom Green. The figure is based on one of Kenner's original design team members. Here is the info I posted before, as well as a picture of him. :)
It's based on Mark Boudreaux, longtime Kenner and now Hasbro designer. His first projects included the original Millennium Falcon toy from almost a quarter of a century ago. The info and the following picture of him with Jeremy Bulloch are from Rebelscum. I can't seem to find, and can't recall who the second headsculpt is of.

Now let's agree to never bring up Tom Green again, m'kay? :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=83660

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
05-24-2002, 06:20 PM
I don't care what you say JarJar, it looks like him to me:D. I'm gonna find a pic of Tom Green and do a comparision pic:evil:

*sigh* I have a Tom Green on my shelf. If I had a Jonny Knoxville figure I would have him walk over and kick Tom right in his Green butt!!!!

Hmmmm, who can I customize for that????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
Oh no I found another one!
That post of mine might have had more effect if I included a picture . . .

It's fake, in case you were wondering. I just wanted to say that there are too many damned Clone Trooper variations!

Dar' Argol
05-27-2002, 08:18 PM
JarJar, I told you I would do it and I did:D.

Here it is, the Tom Green/Bearded Endor Rebel pic:D:
Uncanny!!

Beast
05-27-2002, 08:22 PM
So, is that meant to imply that Tom Green is a plastic, hardly articulated, cheesy toy? Ooooooh, I definatly see the resemblance now. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Biinks

Dar' Argol
05-27-2002, 08:26 PM
LOL
Dang Man!! You do have radar!!!!!!!!!

Plastic, yes. Hardly articulated, yes. Cheesy, YES!! Now any idea on a Jonny Knoxville so I can kick his butt???