PDA

View Full Version : now that POTJ is done, which were the best/worst of this line?

hango fett
05-24-2002, 02:39 PM
the best IMO is eeth koth. his agrressive stance and lightsaber are awsome! the worst figure was jek porkins. he just sits there, nothing to play around with on him, no accessories (i don't count a removable helmet!)....just plan boring figure! what do you think?
as always,
HF

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-24-2002, 10:14 PM
I know it can be so hard to pick just one great figure from a high quality line, but I will choose the Sandtrooper. He is jam packed with quality, from the sand splattered uniform, to the numerous accessories and the fact that he is a well articulated figure.

The worst figure of the line was narrowed between 3 (Farmer Qui-Gon, Porkins, and Obi-Jedi) but I am choosing Porkins because he warmed the shelf for such a long time. He probably delayed the shipment of many waves because his fat booty was clogging the pegs.

Lord Tenebrous
05-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Overall, FX-7 was the best. But as far as things that were motile, I have to go with Amanaman. Honorable mentions to BoShek, R4-M9, Boba Fett, and Tessek.

Worst carded would go to Leia (General). Worst overall is the Bespin Guard with the Carbon Chamber. Shameful mentions for the EU figures, Luke X-wing, any ANH Han, and all the Darth Maul figures.

187-Maul
05-25-2002, 08:32 AM
I'd say a tie between Boba Fett and Sandtrooper
but to really pick one probably Boba
worst is E1 obi-jedi

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 01:51 AM
Sandtrooper was my fav of the bunch, the best Sandtrooper yet.

jedi master sal
05-28-2002, 08:44 AM
300th fig Boba Fett. Packaging helped make this a must have fig.

Great sculpt.

Worst ZUTTON. I hate the big fat head. looks very disproportionate.

chris
06-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Boba fett 300 was definitely my favorite. And of all that I have, Leia general seems to be the worst, just because she does nothing.

BillyJAck
06-08-2002, 05:19 PM
best from pics i've seen are fx-7, tessek, ig-88.

worst is rebel trooper hands down. i hate that figure. fode and breed sucked too.

QLD
06-08-2002, 05:42 PM
Best is Bespin Escape Lando

Worst is Fode and Beed

BoShek
06-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Best is the Rebel Fleet trooper-great knees, great weapon, great army builder.

Worst is Qui-Gon because he isn't differnet enough from the other Qui-Gons and shouldn't have been made.

N-2PF
06-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Best: 12" Darth Vader from the "Sith Lords"-2Pack.

sideswipe1984
06-10-2002, 03:34 PM
Top 5
--------
1)Sandtrooper - great sculpt (neutrally-posed, nice articulation), cool accessories, and sassy paint job. Plus he is a 'trooper, so he had that going for him.

2)Tessek - great job on a minor character.

3)Imperial Officer - a vanilla vintage figure that was brought to life with this awesome sculpt (neutral pose, articulation, detail).

4)Bespin Han - the POTF2 version was pretty solid as it was, but the minor improvements made on this sculpt (better articulation, functional holster, cuffs, etc.) made for an incredible figure IMO.

5)FX-7 - Yet another vintage remake that totally exceeded everyone's wildest imaginations. It is further testament to the POTJ line that so many background characters could be brought to life so vividly with this line. It saddens me that only a handful of main character versions were done the last couple of years of POTJ.

Note: I also like Qui-Gon Farmer quite a bit! I can't believe he is so despised by collectors. The cloth tunic is one of the best cloth accessories on a figure ever.

Top (bottom) 5 worst figs
--------------------------------
1)Eeth Koth. Ugh, a taste of things to come from the disappointing Saga line. Ridiculously overposed, no articulation in his lower torso, and the all-too-breakable lighsaber ensemble. This, along with all of the action- feature-laden and overposed saga figures should have stayed in the Hasbro broom closet.

2)Porkins. A figure fans had clamored for, but was basically this generations Rancor Keeper. Vis a Vis: Noone (kid or collector) wants a fat old man to play with.

3)Biker Scout. Now, he isn't that bad, but he earns his way onto this list for what he is not. After the CT Stormtrooper and POTJ Sandtrooper, hasbro could have given us a far better articulated Biker Scout. I still bought 7 of them, but it would have made my top 5 with a little Hasbro effort.

4)General Leia. I will follow consensus on this one. just a boring figure that would have been well served with a poncho and helmet to spice things up.

5)All of the foolish Episode I figures that belong in one category (i.e. Fode/Beed, Sebulba, etc.) - these guys just don't excite me, and would have been horrendous figs (IMO) no matter how well-crafted they were.

humsup
06-11-2002, 01:05 AM
In my opinion, almost all of the POTJs are great looking and if I've gotta choose my favourite and least... here goes :

Favourite - Jek Porkins & 300th Boba Fett (a tie)
Least - Jar Jar Mechanic & Leia Bespin (a tie again)

DrewDewce
06-11-2002, 08:19 PM
I liked the 300th Boba, Eeth Koth, and BoShek

Disliked the Bespin Guard and the also pegwarming Ketwol and Tessek

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-13-2002, 08:05 AM
i love sandtrooper

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Brett3xmvpfavre
i love sandtrooper

....and Sandtrooper loves you! :p

DrewDewce
06-13-2002, 08:39 PM
I ordered a Scout Trooper (I'm assuming clean) and a Battle Droid (Boomer Damage) from Amazon.com, so I'm looking forward to receiving those. I started on POTJ so late, I missed most of the cool figs.

jedibear
06-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Aaarrgggh! Just ONE? I really liked this line alot....Hasbro really did try & give collectors what they were clamouring for, and while there were some stinkers (really more like obvious box-filler), the highlights far outshined the duds.

Now....it's tough, but the single figure that pops out from the POTJ line for me is....

The Rebel Trooper. Finally, a properly sculpted, properly proportioned Tantive VI defender with great posability & looks great in groups. Leia must be proud....

The worst....well, I can't single one out but just the box-fillers like General Leia, Poncho Qui-Gon & Jedi Obi-Wan. No new ground covered...obvious re-uses of already done figures.

But I still have to give the nod to the POTJ banner for keeping the line going so well between films....

kingkirk04
06-17-2002, 11:25 PM
I really thought Dagobah Vader was a sweet figure.

Vortex
06-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Hard call...

Like - Emperor's Wrath Vader, Fan's choice Duros, Dagoba Vader

Dislikes - Chewie Mechanic, Mon Cal officer, Qui-Gon farmer, Boss Nass, Anakin Mechanic, and all those Queen Amidala's...cripes.

WesleySr
06-19-2002, 01:51 AM
My fav would have been Bacta Luke and FxX-7, it made the start of a cool diorama. The worst would have to be Eeth Koth. I liked that the figure was released, but the action pose made the figure suck (unless they release a council version).

odi-wan windu
06-23-2002, 08:01 AM
I liked jedi training qui-gon... but not the best of the line.

Sith Lord 0498
06-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Best of POTJ Line
Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Darth Vader (Dagobagh)
Luke Skywalker w/ Bacta Tank (w/ FX-7 attached)
Imperial Biker Scout
Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy)

Worst of POTJ Line
Zutton
Bespin Guard
Tessek
Ketwol

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 11:45 AM
Wow, this is tough since there were so many well made POTJ figures, so I'll try to narrow it down to five bests and worsts:

Best:
Chewie Mechanic - finally a correctly scaled Chewie! And such a great looking one at that! One of the greatest figures of all time IMO!:cool:
Bespin Escape Leia - another overdue, correctly scaled figure, although she could have used some accessories to offset her size
Luke X-Wing - the best Luke likeness thus far and a wonderful remake of a POTF2 abomination
FX-7 - 38 points of articulation! Could pass for a movie prop! What more could you ask for?
Bespin Escape Lando - excellent likeness! The best cape ever made!

Worst:
Anakin Mechanic - plain, boring and pointless
"Magic Shell" Obi-Wan - useless rerelease of an inferior sculpt just to take advantage of one of the dumbest trends in the modern line.
Fode and Beed - ugly, nasty looking figure of what is quite possibly the worst alien design in the history of Star Wars
K-3PO - boring, plain and cheap looking
Final Duel Maul - his face looks like someone took a screenshot of that expression he makes after getting cut in half and tried to sculpt it. Terrible!

Honorable mentions for coolness:
Amanaman - great but too rubbery to not become irritating
Imperial Officer
Security Battle Droid
Boss Nass
Shmi Skywalker
Sebulba
Han DSE
Han Bespin Capture
Vader Emperor's Wrath
IG-88
Boba Fett 300th
Leia DX
Luke Bacta
BoShek
Teebo
Bespin Guard
Biker Scout
Duro
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Sandtrooper
Zutton
Jar Jar Tatooine

Figures that didn't impress me for one reason or another; but I don't dislike either:
Tessek
Imperial Astromech
Eeth Koth
Dagobah Vader
R4-M9
Sabe
Decoy Amidala
General Leia
Aurra Sing

aceguide
06-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Best has to be 300th Boba. For the most part all of the figures are excellent.

But why did we need another Anakin/Qui Gon/Maul????

Adam
06-28-2002, 09:22 PM
I like the Jedi training Obi-Wan.. would have been the best figure with a little more articulation. Looks great in his two handed saber pose.

thespar
07-12-2002, 02:58 PM
best i will say chewie mech
Worst will say Zutton like other side just the head is to big.

jonboy
07-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Sandtrooper was the best of the line.

I would have to give the worst to Fode and Beed: the lamest Star Wars fig to date!!!

mrmiller
07-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
I would have to give the worst to Fode and Beed: the lamest Star Wars fig to date!!!

No that's still the POTF Emperor's Royal Guard or R5-D4.

But since we are talking POTJ-
Best= Degobah Vader, FX7, 300th Boba Fett. Worst= Corsucant Guard and Bespin Guard.

=MATT=

Lobito
07-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Ahhh the 300th Boba will always win in my lists...but FX-7, Emperors Wrath Vader...Amanaman...great figures also.

The WORST???......hmmmm...hmmmm..hmmmm...Fode and Beed.

yo yo yoda
07-17-2002, 06:41 PM
BEST was : Emperors Wrath Vader and FX-7 (most articulatioins EVER---42 points)

Worst was: Zutton and Ketwol

Needles
07-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I love the Plo Koon Figure,the worst Anikan Mechanic or Corucant Guard

wedgeA
07-26-2002, 01:37 AM
I'm partial to Luke X-wing, Sandtrooper and Ellors Madak.

tagmac
07-31-2002, 11:15 PM
Best: Boba Fett, Sandtrooper, FX-7, Lando, Emperor's Wrath Vader

Worst: Ketwol, Anakin Mechanic

Lewis
10-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Mine is the Sandtrooper for hte best

The worst has to be Anakin mechanic :p

Old Fossil
10-29-2002, 08:27 PM
I would have to list those I don't like, since I loved and bought nearly everything that came out in this line. I didn't buy:

(1) Fode & Beed
(2) Chocobi-Wan
(3) Frosty Obi
(4) Qui-Gon (EU)
(5) Final Duel Maul
(6) Maul (EU)
(7) Mechanakin
(8) Sabe
(9) JarJar Tatooine

It is interesting to see how many people disagree on the highs and lows of this line. For example, I think Porkins and K-3PO were two very nice figures, esp. Porkins.

Nearly everyone agrees on Anakin Mechanic as one of the worst figures, though. I can't say he was the worst, just a very dull figure.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-29-2002, 09:25 PM
the best is hard because so many are great figures but I'd have to pick Amanaman as I LURVE this character and have waited since 1985 for a new sculpt of him! YEAH!

Worst: Anakin mechanic...I just don't like figures of that lil' twerp! WHAT can you do with a figure of a 9 year old boy? :p

jedi master sal
11-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Well, you can customize him to be a Kitster figure as I have done.

Skinny 1
11-13-2002, 06:02 AM
My favorites were Amanaman and Zutton; I was glad to see Snaggletooth reissued.

My least favorites were the reissue Episode I characters. They were nothing but a waste of pegs! If I had to pinpoint my least favorite figure, however, it would be Chewbacca with the holographic chess board. You can't even pose his arms!

Arrogant Arse
11-14-2002, 03:29 PM
My favorites were BoShek, FX-7, Bespin Guard, R4-M9, and Dagobah Vader.

I really disliked Farmer Qui-Gon, Chocobiwan, Final Duel Maul, and Anakin Mechanic.

Jerjerrod
11-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Best:
1. Boba Fett 300th
2. Han Solo - Death Star Escape, best Han ever.
3. Chewbacca - Mechanic
4. Sandtrooper
5. Dagobah Vader

Honorable mentions: BoShek, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper.

Worst:
1. Aurra Sing
2. Obi-wan Jedi
3. Coruscant Guard
4. Fode and Beed
5. General Leia

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 09:04 PM
The thing that I love is they actually made a figure of a fat man, instead of a fat creature......

Loved FX-7. Also, loved to finally see the Bacta Tank Luke.

plo_koon
12-30-2002, 09:35 PM
I'd say best has to go to Boba Fett 300th Figure, Plo Koon
:D (sorry) FX-7 and Vader Emperor's Wrath - AND - I'll tell ya, I think that the sculpts of the Tie Bomber and Tie Interceptor figures are killer! I know that they don't really count since they weren't carded but I have to give them a nod for coolness. Lamest? Oh - the totally beat Obi-Wan Jedi a.k.a. Candy Shell Obi-Wan. It sucks. I agree with the masses and say also that the Anakin Mechanic was beat as well.

Kidhuman
01-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Boba Fett 300, Emperors Wrath Vader

Worst.....I don't really know because I haven't seen all of the figures but Anakin mechanic was the worst I seen.

Lewis
01-11-2003, 01:48 AM
They have made a fat figure....Malakili, the Rancor keeper :p

TheDarthVader
01-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Top six best:
1 Vader- dagobah
2 Vader- wrath
3 FX-7
4 Plo Koon
5 300th Boba Fett
6 Lando- bespin
Worst:
1 Anakin -mech
2 Ketwol
3 Leia general
4 Mon Calamari officer
5 Amidala- Theed
6 Shmi Skywalker

Lewis
01-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Is the POTJ Sandtrooper the same excellent quality as the CTC Stormtrooper? I do not have this and was just wondering..:p

Jerjerrod
01-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Yes, and even better! He has Tatooine "dirt" detail, and the shoulder pad looks great! A must have... :)

sith_killer_99
01-25-2003, 11:14 AM
NO, the POTJ Sandtrooper is good, but definatly not that good! Sure, the sculpt is pretty much the same, but you loose some of the articulation (most noticably the ball-shoulder-joint:mad: ). Otherwise, the sculpt is much the same as far as detail and quality goes.

Anyway, here's my list:

Worst
Pampers Leia
Choco Dip Obi-Wan

Best

Everything else!!!

Yes, POTJ is the best line in the history of Star Wars collecting!

mm74md
05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Best: Lando Calrissian - Bespin Escape/Obi Wan Cold Weather Gear/Sandtrooper/Security Battle Droid/hmmmm...all the rest

Worst: Obi-Wan Jedi/Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine)

mark2d2
05-12-2003, 04:10 PM
FX-7 was by far the best.

honorable mentions

Duro
Boshek
R4-M9
Tusken Raider
Bespin Lando

worst --- all Anakins, Obiwans, and Mauls.

It has been interesting to see what some people think were the worst.
For example --- I REALLY like K3-PO and Zutton. I think they're both very cool.

Dark Marble
05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
...I guess for the worst I would go with Fode and Beed and Sebulba. Out of the whole POTJ line, they are the only ones I didn't get. I found them a million times, but never bought them. They weren't to bad, I just wasn't interested.

For the best, I am going to go with Bespin capture Han. I wanted this figure badly when I was a kid, but the best I ever did was old hand me downs from friends. I got the POTF2 version, but retired him as soon as the POTJ version came out. This figure now stands with the Falcon next to POTF2 Hoth Leia and C-3P0 with removable limbs, and Saga Chewbacca. I love my ESB crew!!! :D