PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is the Imperial Dignitary figures!!!!

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 04:36 PM
I don't get hasbro, I mean haven't they made all figures from the oringal 93 lineup except the imperial dignitary? I would love to see the two different dignitaries. Why don't people vote for hasbro to make that figure. I really want them for my collection also

where the heck is
A new Han in stormtrooper
a better looking han in carbonite (style like the vintage one which would be awesome)
General Veers
A new Dengar resculpt (the one they made is horrible)
A new Bossk(could be so much better)
A new Zuckass and 4LOM(could both be alot better)
General Veers (hoth assult) with removable helment and darth vader hologram
Leia bespin gown
The captain of the Tantive iV who gets his neck broke by Vader in ANH
A better Death Star Trooper, Hoth Snowtrooper
R2D2 bartender from sail barge
a better Jabba with accessories like the vintage one

and they should just make these figures in neutral poses but where the heck are they!! I'm not angry just don't understand why they haven't been made What do yall think and would you like to see these figures

billyjack

stillakid
05-24-2002, 04:42 PM
They is in da hope pile. Keep axing about em an' Hasbro might make 'em.:cool:

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 04:46 PM
see i just don't understand. They make all those crappy qui gon's and darth mauls and kenobis that are eu. but don't make these figures? Makes no sense also

why don't they make a Jabba's sail barge playset they cost $260 that includes the whole barge and two skiffs and like 30 figurues and Jabba himself? that way you get everything you want in the box and don't have to hun it all down? I would buy that thing in a new york minute. I know thats a steep price for some but it would be awesome. Never happen...

billyjack

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Imperial Dignitary #2 was offered up in the Fan Choice poll last week but lost to the (BAAARF!!) Ralph McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper. So blame your fellow fans for that one.

There are other vintage figures who still have yet to be resculpted in the new line aside from the Dignitary:

General Madine
Wooof (the original Klaatu)
Lumat
Warok
Romba
Chief Chirpa
Bespin Guard (black)
Death Star Droid (silver)

I agree with you completely about needing Han Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite resculpts.

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 04:52 PM
So how can we make this happen? How do we let hasbro know? do they have some request email thing? or voting poll up all the time. Is that vote over for dignitary #2? I wish we could flood them with request.....how can it be done?

billyjack

stillakid
05-24-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Imperial Dignitary #2 was offered up in the Fan Choice poll last week but lost to the (BAAARF!!) Ralph McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper. So blame your fellow fans for that one.

Oh, man. I didn't know that won. How stupid. Here's what Hasbro should do: release a list of the figures that it has no plans to make EVER, and then open up the market for customizers to legitmately create and sell "accurate" renditions of said figures to those of us that would buy them.

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
So how can we make this happen? How do we let hasbro know? do they have some request email thing? or voting poll up all the time. Is that vote over for dignitary #2? I wish we could flood them with request.....how can it be done?

billyjack

Well, there is the "Dear Hasbro" section here on SSG. Hasbro does read it, they have said so. In fact I think a bunch of us forumites began requesting the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout disguise about a year ago and ba-da-bing! he appeared on the last Fan Choice poll. (Too, bad he took last place; but it is proof that Hasbro pays attention)

Funny you should mention flooding the fan choice polls because that's how many of us speculate that a figure as crappy as the Concept Stormtrooper was able to win.:mad: And yes, the voting for the latest fan choice figure is over, they seem to show up about once a year. Many of us are hoping that since the Dignitary really did pretty well on the poll (along with General Rieekan) that Hasbro will just make him anyway.

Beast
05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Hasbro has not actually declared a winner yet. Hopefully this is a good sign, because in the past they have always declared a winner a day or two after the polls close. There is some obvious ballot stuffing for the Imperial SketchTrooper evident in this poll, just like there was in the last one when someone stuffed the ballot box for the Twi'Lek Massuese. I wouldn't say anything won for sure at this point, and just leave that announcment up for Hasbro to make. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

Oh, man. I didn't know that won. How stupid. Here's what Hasbro should do: release a list of the figures that it has no plans to make EVER, and then open up the market for customizers to legitmately create and sell "accurate" renditions of said figures to those of us that would buy them.

Hasbro has already stated that we will NEVER see the Tonnika Sisters in toy form. So I guess they would be #1 on the list.

stillakid
05-24-2002, 05:05 PM

Hasbro has already stated that we will NEVER see the Tonnika Sisters in toy form. So I guess they would be #1 on the list.

So I suppose thong chick in AOTC is right out! :rolleyes:

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 05:05 PM

Well, there is the "Dear Hasbro" section here on SSG. Hasbro does read it, they have said so. In fact I think a bunch of us forumites began requesting the Rebel Trooper in Biker Scout disguise about a year ago and ba-da-bing! he appeared on the last Fan Choice poll. (Too, bad he took last place; but it is proof that Hasbro pays attention)

Funny you should mention flooding the fan choice polls because that's how many of us speculate that a figure as crappy as the Concept Stormtrooper was able to win.:mad: And yes, the voting for the latest fan choice figure is over, they seem to show up about once a year. Many of us are hoping that since the Dignitary really did pretty well on the poll (along with General Rieekan) that Hasbro will just make him anyway.

well i didn't mean for people to repeatly vote themselves. I just meant make it more aware of it. I hope that they make the dignitary. I'll put it in the ssg hasbro section. I don't know who in the world would want a concept stormtrooper. yuck!

billy

tgr3328
05-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Who is the Imperial Dignitary, anyway? He looks like he could be and early version of Nute Gunray. he's got the Renaissance-style clothes and the wrinkly skin. Maybe that's what happens to good ol' Nute--he dies on Death Star II!

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 05:20 PM
I think the Imperial Dignitaries shown in ROTJ there is 3 they get off the shuttle with the emperor if i'm not mistaken. The one in Purple, The one in Black with red trim(fat one) then one with really crazy looking hair/hat that wearing light gray outfit. I only care about the first two since they were in more than one scene and make a nice addition to a ds2 diorama. But i think they were governers or something form other planets just coming with the emperor to see the new death star. Just politicians is my guess.

BillyJAcK

Beast
05-24-2002, 05:33 PM
The two starring Imperial Dignitaries you're talking about are these two guys. There was actually a total of five of them when the Emporer arrives, though I think only three are clearly seen on camera. A 2-pack of Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus would be perfect the other 3 arn't as intresting. And the Jonathen Winters/Teletubbie one scares me. :eek: :D

Sim Aloo (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=81983)

Janus Greejatus (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=81987)

All 5 of the Imperial Dignitaries (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=42649)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 05:39 PM
very cool stuff Jar Jar...where did that last pic come from? I'd like to see pics of zutton/snaggletooth and his card. is that stuff on this page? where abouts if so. lmk

billy

BillyJAck
05-24-2002, 05:41 PM
Also Jar Jar aside from the teletubby/jon winters one did you notice the guy sitting down in the middle looks like he walk off screen as the villian from Disneys Hunchback of Notre Dame. lol:D

billy