PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul

maulrat22
05-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Was anyone dissapointed that Darth Maul did'nt appear in episode II.

hango fett
05-24-2002, 09:36 PM
why would he appear? he kind of died in TPM... and no, they did not clone him.

VeryLaZ
05-24-2002, 09:51 PM
Sorry, but he is dead, just like Jango.....but thats not such a bad thing...Just

derek
05-24-2002, 11:30 PM
i wish ray park could of appeared as an alien jedi in the arena.:)

scruffziller
05-25-2002, 01:00 AM
Maul played his role in TPM, that was all that was needed.

Pendo
05-25-2002, 09:34 AM
It would have destroyed AOTC if he had appeared in it! He's dead, and he's NEVER coming back, untill the Star Wars Holiday Special 2.

PENDO!

jjreason
05-27-2002, 03:16 AM
I wish he had appeared in epII. I think Maul was far superior in terms of what he did onscreen than Tyranus. They shouldn't have killed him off in epI if they were going to have a new Sith apprentice other than Ani in epII. I loved Maul. Imagine Obi vs. Maul round II happening in that hangar with Ani there, and Yoda kicking Maul's butt instead. Now that would have been movie magic! I didn't hate Christopher Lee as Tyranus, I just liked Maul better.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-27-2002, 03:24 AM
I would have liked to have seen Park in the Arena scene.

187-Maul
05-27-2002, 12:03 PM
I love Maul but he's dead. For good.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-27-2002, 12:26 PM
Wasn't Ray Park involved in the saber duels in AOTC? I.e. assisting stunt co÷rdinator Nick Gillard?

:)

therock0603
05-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Well Tyranus proved himself more superior than Darth Maul when he didn't die...lol

The True Maul
05-27-2002, 02:58 PM
I also really liked Maul but Count Dooku will eventually die but how?

Croaker
05-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Darth Maul is dead and Ray Park doesn't deserve to be in any more star Wars movies.
After ep I came out he suddenly decided that he was too popular for any appearances at conventions (SW or comic - X-men) and started breaking contracts that he had signed leaving people high and dry a few days before he was supposed to appear.

He's not much of an actor either.

asiandoood
05-27-2002, 03:39 PM
he did a "maulish" trademark swinging action with a pole stick in Xmen....but thats about it. Darth Maul was great in TPM, but I dont think he needs to come back for Ep. II.

There can only be a master...and an apprentice.

therock0603
05-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Ray Park has a trademark move. He has done variations of it in all his movies....Sleepy Hollow, E1, and X-Men. Any others?

Croaker
05-27-2002, 03:54 PM
I think it's pretty sad when someone rumoured to be such an amazing fighter has to use the same move in every movie.

If you look at it as a signature move, personally I think that at his stage it reeks of excess self-importance

Beast
05-27-2002, 03:54 PM
He'll probably do his trademark move in Ecks Vs. Sever and Iron Fist, when they come out this year or next. He really hasn't done alot of movies. Only other thing is some double work for Raiden in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth_Stevious
05-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Ray Park wasn't even an actor before Ep1. He wasn't even supposed to act in it; he just impressed Lucas so much when doing a demonstration for Nick Gallard that Lucas chose him to portray Maul. Knocking Ray Park for his "signature move" is pretty silly. He just happens to have mastered a particular style of martial art and uses it in his roles, is that such a crime? I know he could kick my butt and I certainly wouldn't be standing there saying "Oh now see what you are doing with that Bo staff? That is your tired old signature move. You always do...." CRACK ... Now picture me lying on the ground unconscious with a giant welt on my head.
Darth Maul was a great bad guy who was definitely under-used and under-developed. I agree though, he didn't need to come back for Ep2.