PDA

View Full Version : GAH!! Help with HD Anakin's blue lightsaber...

KingOfSting
05-24-2002, 10:02 PM
does anyone have any tips on what paint to use to restore the black paint that has all but disappeared at the bottom of the lightsaber hilt? also has anyone else had this problem with the paint fading on this saber?

chris
06-12-2002, 09:19 AM
You probably should use regular modeling paint, and no i havent heard of any of the paint fading off his saber.

Forhekset
06-12-2002, 09:26 AM
The only thing I've heard similar to this is where the Royal Guard's force pikes are sticking to their hands, and the handle paint is coming off on their palms. One thing you can do if you manage to get your hands on a Bespin Luke is give HD Anakin his sabre (assuming you have Luke handless and without sabre). Or just take Dooku's green sabre and swap the handles out. Those metal sabre handles are less detailed but look a lot cooler in my opinion.

Also, you might be able to get some info on what paint to use if you check the customizing forum....

pthfnder89
06-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
does anyone have any tips on what paint to use to restore the black paint that has all but disappeared at the bottom of the lightsaber hilt? also has anyone else had this problem with the paint fading on this saber?

I've noticed this on mine too KingOfSting. Theres not really a good way around it but any type of modeling paint will work pretty well.:)