PDA

View Full Version : PotJ figures 3 bucks at Kay-Bee

master jedi
09-17-2001, 06:17 PM
At the Kay-Bee where I live they had a lot more PotJ figures than I remembered for about 3 bucks each.

I got 2 Dagobah Vaders and a Darth Maul. I opened up the Vader and it now one of my more favorite figures. I really like how translucent(sp?) it is.

OC47150
09-18-2001, 08:30 AM
There were several figures that I passed on or only bought one of at regular price -- Choco Obi Wan, R2, in particular. But for $3 each, you can't beat that price. I want to get a few more R2s for customizing, but my local KB is sold out!

JEDIpartner
09-18-2001, 01:48 PM
I've been checking out my local KBtoy and have only seen regular priced Duros, Sabe, Bespin Guard and Ketwol.

I guess it's just our area... AGAIN!!!!!

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-18-2001, 03:53 PM
Finally found some $3 figures here in Cincy yesterday. Got Farmer Jinn and R2, but there wasn't anyhting else I really wanted that I didn't have ( I won't buy Chocobi or Split Maul, even for that price). Sounds like it's the Dag Vader wave everywhere.

JediMaster
09-19-2001, 07:14 AM
Hey, friends;

If you're resourceful like me, then you'll take you receipts (and possibly the figure you bought) from Kay-Bee to the other retailers (including Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU), and attempt to price-match for whatever current POTJ2 that are on the pegs at those stores. Of course, some of the "smarter" folks at these retail shops have espoused the typical "we only price match with the competitors ad" dogma, but usually you can circumvent that by having with you the identical figure you paid $3 for at KayBee. I've been able to get the match at all the aforementioned stores, and gotten quite a few of the newer figures, including the Sabe' wave, and oodles of dirty Scout Troopers. Sweeeeet...

OC47150
09-19-2001, 08:37 AM
Since the people at the local Wal Mart are dumber than rocks, I might try that. Do you do it at the check-out counter or at the info desk?

JediMaster
09-19-2001, 08:52 AM
Usually, you just need to go to the checkout. But like you said, most are "dumber than rocks", and often they'll consult a manager for approval to price match. By bringing the figure you got for "three-at-KayBee", with matching UPC number, you can eliminate confusion, and usually speed up the process...

bigbarada
09-19-2001, 08:22 PM
The cashiers at my Wal-Mart aren't much brighter. I remember when I bought a whole bunch of the new Ep1 12" figures, they didn't scan right at the register. So, the cashier called the toy department and asked how much Anakin, R2, Qui-Gonn and JarJar cost. The toy department person, obviously not realizing we were dealing with 12" figures replied with $6.98. So the cashier rang all of the 12" figures as $6.98 each! :cool:

master jedi
09-24-2001, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The cashiers at my Wal-Mart aren't much brighter. I remember when I bought a whole bunch of the new Ep1 12" figures, they didn't scan right at the register. So, the cashier called the toy department and asked how much Anakin, R2, Qui-Gonn and JarJar cost. The toy department person, obviously not realizing we were dealing with 12" figures replied with $6.98. So the cashier rang all of the 12" figures as $6.98 each! :cool:

I bet you were happy.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-02-2001, 10:26 PM
I don't know if this is happening in your neck of the woods, but all the KBs in my local area, have lowered their POTF2 Cinema Scenes from $9.99 to $5.99 (one store had them at $7.99 but they too are now $5.99). They include a dwindling number of Rebel Pilot and Cantina Aliens scenes, as well as a multitude of Skiff Guards. Better hurry fast, cuz there were only 3 Rebel Pilots left in one store and the same number of Cantina Aliens in another. Great price to build up those dioramas or armies. This isn't so bad considering the original price tag on these babies was $22.99, so that is $17 bucks in savings. :cool:

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-03-2001, 12:07 AM
Pretty much every KB near me is overloaded with Skiff Guards, at the same price. And I can't find a Jedi Spirits to save my life! It wasn't worth $20(so I didn't get it), but it's worth $5.99!