PDA

View Full Version : Anikin and Obi Wan's lightsaber

scruffziller
05-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I wonder if we will see a more accurate depiction of what they are in ANH in EPS 3. If you noticed that Anikin's lightsaber actually looked more like Obi Wan's from ANH. When I first seen a replica of it, I swore it was Obi-Wan's, it has that slope end at the top of it.

VeryLaZ
05-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Good observation......i thought anakins looked alot like his sith lighter saber though...the one he used as vader

DeadEye
05-26-2002, 03:22 PM
Obi-Wan lost his first saber down the pit in TPM. His lightsaber in AOTC, an exact copy of his first one, was confiscated on Geonosis. So in Ep3 he'll surely build a new one, the same that he uses in ANH.

Anakin's saber was smashed on Geonosis. In Ep3 he'll build a very similar lightsaber, which is the same one that Luke uses in ANH and ESB, and is also the same as the one Vader uses, only Vader's is black and has a red blade.

scruffziller
06-12-2002, 12:22 PM
My bad I watched ANH last night and Anikin's blade handle is slanted at the top. Sorry about that. Anyone know why the colors changed on the blade throughout the ANH and ESB first it was more white then became more blue?

Rogue II
06-12-2002, 01:11 PM
How do you think Ben Kenobi will end up getting Anakin's Lightsaber to give to Luke in ANH?

My guess is this. ATOC may have foreshadowed a little bit. Anakin seems to keep losing lightsabers. During the duel with Obi-Wan, Anakin must lose his and use a different one, before he is defeated.

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 02:27 PM
One odd thing though... Anakin's ANH Jedi/Darth sabers look quite a bit similar to Yoda's design.

seanmcfripp
06-15-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Anyone know why the colors changed on the blade throughout the ANH and ESB first it was more white then became more blue?

I always thought it was just poor special effects. If I'm not mistaken, the effect was achieved through a chemical being applied/hand painted to the film in an animation-like fashion (please, someone correct me if I'm wrong...I'm sure someone "in the know" can explain it much better than I did). The shots of Luke with it ignited have a slight trace of blue, but just ended up not looking very good...inconsistent colors, pulsing of the blade, flickering of the blade. With all the doctoring of the OT special editions, the lightsaber effects shots were the one thing I was surprised to see not having been fixed (especially the shot of Vader walking towards the closing blast doors/bulkhead with a non-animated lightsaber). They look pretty good in ROTJ, and even ESB to an extent. But ANH's always looked a little rough around the edges to me, especially when compared to the prequels (I think ILM "scanned" the original effect and the recreated it digitally). If Lucas is still planning to re-tweak the OT for its final DVD release, that should be one of the things on his list.

saladin
06-15-2002, 02:24 AM
i think what ever forces anni to take on the suit( lava, fire, slash to chest) Obi will think he's dead then when he comes back as vader he'll have a new sith saber.

MikeAndTheBots
06-15-2002, 05:23 PM
I don't know how they could do it but I always imagined it like this:

*After a few days of not seeing Anakin Obi-Wan walks into Palpatine's office only to see his former apprentice looking over the balcony at the city below*

Kenobi: Anakin, you forgot your lightsaber *hold's up ANH saber* remember, this weapon is you- *anakin inturupts*

Anakin: No master, I didn't forget it *anakin turns and ignites Red saber*

they begin to duel, enventually getting out into a larger area, they do all these cool Jedi jumps and stuff, Anakin reveals he is Sidious's new apprentice, he boasts about slaying more than 3/4 of the council, Obi-Wan's anger only builds as Anakin smirks evily, the one thing Anakin doesn't notice is the toxic and highly explosive fuel tanks that resides in Palpatines hanger, Anakin evntually lets his gaurd down for a second, he falls next to the barrels after being pushed by his former master, they explode when his lightsaber makes contact and his body is badly scared. Obi-Wan, too shocked and grief stricken over his actions leaves the hanger. Anakin, emerges from the fire badly burnt and barely able to breath. he somehow makes his way to a lab, taking droid parts and armor from people he has killed on the way in he constructs a suit of black, menacing armor to make up for his damaged body...

So that's how Ben kept Anakin's saber, maybe he could use it at one point in the duel along with his just to prove that two sabers are needed to combat Vader's growing strength.