PDA

View Full Version : This place is much better than the offical Forums

Dooku Fett
05-25-2002, 12:13 PM
This place is so much better than the official Star Wars site. I asked over there about a picture of Yoda with his lightsaber and I got a bunch of dead like and smart remarks. Over here the people are really helpful.

Just thought you'd like to know that ;)

QLD
05-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Yes, we do know that. We are so helpful, as long as you don't ask where the bathroom is. :D

bigbarada
05-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Being on the SW.com forums is like being in the center of the NY Stock Exchange. Everybody shouting, nobody listening (except no life losers who can only ridicule others to hide the fact that they are miserable, sad and alone).

Speaking of miserable, sad and alone.......(feel free to finish this sentence):D

Beast
05-25-2002, 04:49 PM
ROFL, BigB. :D Yeah, the SW.com forums are pretty bad. Not to mention they have horrible moderators over there. They like to just close and delete threads, if the topic has been discussed before, instead of pointing out where the new person can read about what they are asking. Here the people are helpful, nice, and friendly, atleast most of the time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
05-25-2002, 05:30 PM
I never even knew they had forums. I guess I just never cared too much for the official site anyway.

Dar' Argol
05-25-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Here the people are helpful, nice, and friendly, atleast most of the time. :)

Are you saying I'm not friendly, nice, and funny??? JarJar I am shocked!!:eek: LOL

Yeah, I visited the "offical" forums and was not that impressed. It was like 4000 ppl shoved into a tiny room and told to talk SW with everyone. Oh well:rolleyes:, that's why I am still here. No place better!

JetsAndHeels
05-25-2002, 05:40 PM
I have tried other sites with forums, but SSG is by far the best. I wont go anywhere else now that I am a member here. This is my home.

QLD
05-25-2002, 05:48 PM
Well, I started here really.....in 99, and well, I have had no reason to leave since......so...here I am.

InsaneJediGirl
05-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

It was like 4000 ppl shoved into a tiny room and told to talk SW with everyone. Oh well:rolleyes:, that's why I am still here. No place better!

I agree Dar' Argol,SSG is the best :D I've never knew the offical site forums had traffic...amazing;) Then again,I never looked.

LTBasker
05-25-2002, 07:40 PM
I haven't been to the official site's forums and din't even know they had forums until now but I doubt I'll visit them. Usually when an "official" source makes a forum for something they just use basic knowledge to make sections and such but don't really know anything about it and just do it for traffic which is why fan forums and fan sites are usually more more fun than "officials."

2-1B
05-25-2002, 10:03 PM
File me under "never knew the official site had forums" as well! :D
I'll have to take a look . . .

stillakid
05-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dooku Fett
This place is so much better than the official Star Wars site. I asked over there about a picture of Yoda with his lightsaber and I got a bunch of dead like and smart remarks. Over here the people are really helpful.

Just thought you'd like to know that ;)

Hi. Welcome to Walmart. :D

This gives me an idea.

Dear SirSteve,

Since the official Star Wars Fan Club is just a pathetic wisp of it's former glory, and SSG is the New Improved UnOfficial Official FanClub, there should be a cool welcome package just like in the old days. Maybe a pencil, a patch, and a sticker to start with? :)

Sincerely,
stillakid

browndroid
05-25-2002, 10:43 PM
yes, this site is much better than the official one, great job!

DarthBrandon
05-25-2002, 10:43 PM
This is the best Star Wars site on the Net, for news,forums, everything. I've been surfin this site ever since I discovered it way
back in the late 90's I think. Geeze has it been that long. Thankx Sir Steve.

stillakid
05-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by brandon
This is the best Star Wars site on the Net, for news,forums, everything. I've been surfin this site ever since I discovered it way
back in the late 90's I think. Geeze has it been that long. Thankx Sir Steve.

ahhh, the late '90's. Has it really been that long? Remember when we used to listen to that crazy music? Britney something? Wasn't it? Man, those were the days. ;)

Wolfwood319
05-26-2002, 12:49 AM
This place used to be even better. Its not now though...

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 03:21 AM
Geez, when I reminisce about the good old days, I can actually remember a time before Star Wars premiered in 1977!:eek: A time before disco, a time before touch tone phones, a time when a "PC" was a glorified adding machine and you could hold an entire harddrive on one 5 1/4" floppy disc, a time when lime-green pantsuits where actually in style, a time when......boy, I'm depressed all of a sudden.:cry:

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 03:27 AM
...a time before e-mail, a time when a stamp cost a dime, a time when gas cost less than $0.50 a gallon, a time before VHS, a time before cassette tapes, a time when Wal-Mart was just a couple of stores in Missouri, a time before.......boy I'm old.:cry::cry:

Eternal Padawan
05-26-2002, 07:47 AM
The best reason (besides me and my drawing power) why the SSG forum is better than all the other forums out there is that it's not filled with potty mouthed malcontents who substitute the f-word for clear rational thinking and discussion. A typical exchange on a forum that ISN'T SSG.

1: Star Wars GONK! ing ruled.
2. No it didn't, you GONK!er.
1. GONK! you and your opinion.
2. No GONK! you!
3. Both of you GONK! yourselves!
4 Go GONK! your mother!
5. (Rational SSGer poking his head in to check out other website forums) Uhh...isn't this supposed to be about Star Wars?
1. GONK! you!
2 GONK! you!
3. GONK! you!
4. GONK! the whole GONK!in' world with a GONK!in' GONK!er...

Pendo
05-26-2002, 08:35 AM
I visited the starwars.com forums once and hated it. I'd never go there again. I think it is so poorly run, people are swearing, shouting and argueing all over it.

This place is much better, SirSteve, all the moderators, and even the forum users do an excelent job at keeping this place a friendly environment for everyone.

PENDO!

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 11:07 AM
I know I'll never go back to the offical forums.