PDA

View Full Version : Vacuformed Star wars Figures on Ebay are they real or what ?

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 03:52 AM
Can anybody tell me if these vacuformed Canadian exclusives are the real deal or What ? I think they may be fakes, what do you think ? Check out E-bay and let us know. Thankx

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 04:01 AM
Here's another pic of the back

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 04:06 AM
Here's a close up

Beast
05-26-2002, 04:11 AM
I had heard of the General Veers packaged exactly this same way, so I think they are real. Way to much money in my book, but I know the Veers figure was worth a ton. Besides, he has decent feedback, so I don't think he's trying to cheat anyone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 04:27 AM
Just seems to me that he has way to many vacuformed items for auction, that can be easily faked.

Beast
05-26-2002, 05:09 AM
True, but he has good feedback. Technically this should be in the vintage forum, anyway. But they look real to me. I remember seeing the Veers one, and they did look exactly like that, with the card vacuformed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 05:26 AM
They are very real, and very rare.

cujo fett
05-26-2002, 07:48 AM
it looks like it is real, i had one just like that when i was a kid, i remembered it ticked me off because there was no picture of the character on the card

Turbowars
05-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Yah their real and they look like crap if you ask me. It seems like it would have been easier just to use a bubble. Weren't they only a buck or 2 way back then?

sith_killer_99
05-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Uh, I think pretty much ALL Star Wars figs were like $2.00 back then!

LOL

My vintage Zuckuss has a $2.86 price tag! I paid $30.00 :D

Anyway, yes they are real, and YES they are ugly as sin! These were along the lines of those horrible multi-pack in the vintage line. Cheap packing material=cheaper cost for the figs.

I'm pretty sure only the RICH die-hard collectors go after these things. They really hold no interest for me.:rolleyes: :greedy: :dead:

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 12:45 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, maybe a moderator can place it me for it got here somehow. As for the reply's, thankx for them. I would rather have pics on my carded figs, front and back, than buy these shoddy looking packages that look so cheesy.

derek
05-26-2002, 01:32 PM
speaking of cheap star wars toys, i was talking with my brother yesterday about the expensive prices of Kohl's figures and how wal mart was just under $6, and he said $6?, weren't they like $2 when we were kids? and i said yea, but that was 20 years ago.:)

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Yes the Inflation of the mighty toy industry, now they only care about profit.

derek
05-26-2002, 01:50 PM
has a company ever cared about anything other than making a profit? should they? they are not in the business of employing the masses to take a loss.:)

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Profit Vs Quality ? Make it worth what you charge.

derek
05-26-2002, 02:20 PM
now, i do agree with that.:)

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 04:35 PM
That's what I meant the first time, I guess I just left out the quality part.

muskrat
05-26-2002, 09:55 PM
If you want to learn about these figures go here:

http://www.ncf.ca/~cn333/esbfigs.htm

should help

jjreason
05-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Hailing from Canada, I can verify that we did see a few figures at retail like this, Maybe at Sears only? We didn't get them, because they were available with picture cards at other stores. Ahh, Im back. The link above says they were at Sears, I couldn't remember if it was Sears or Eaton's but I remembered it being the bigger department type of store. That link is a neat-o resource, I bookmarked. Thanks!

DarthBrandon
05-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Thankx for the info Muskrat.

icatch9
05-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Do these exist? I think the everyone agrees that they do. Are they fake, who konws. If I had the ability to fake these very expensive items I probally would. If I was going to sell them on ebay I would sell a bunch of other stuff first. Build up some feedback and them drop these fakes on people. Now of course I would never do that because I have a consince (sp?). I do not lie to people like that, but it's still an interesting senerio.

See if I can come up with that sceam, just imagin what a real crook could come up with.

DarthBrandon
05-30-2002, 02:01 AM
They do exist, and I agree that it is a possibility that they could be faked, but like one of our fellow members pointed out, the guy had good feedback. This I believe can also be faked. Guess the moral of this story is that I would not purchase these online period. I would however buy them from a collector, if someone like Hasbro could assure me that they were legit. It's the chance I'm not willing to take, cause these don't even look hard to fake.