PDA

View Full Version : Which beast is your fav.

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 11:08 AM
so which arena beast is your favorite, the bull like Reek, The giant crab the Ackaly, or the ferosious lion, Nexu, you decide.

I seemed to like the nexu, because it had one funny scene where it attacked the one Geonosian guard on the one animal. he sat there eating the guy while the other two beasts moved toward padme, obi ans anakin.

Pendo
05-26-2002, 11:13 AM
I'd have to say the Reek. I think it looks cool and powerful.

PENDO!

SaeseeTiin
05-26-2002, 12:08 PM
I have to say the Acklay. I love how it moves and how it yells.
I also love it when it pulls the spear from itself and is unharmed, Obi's face is classic!

STiin

DeadEye
05-26-2002, 12:12 PM
I liked the Acklay...although it sounded just like the bugs from Starship Troopers.

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 12:27 PM
The Nexu, then the Reek, and last the Ackaly.

Lman316
05-26-2002, 01:27 PM
I'd have to go with the Acklay. When we first saw pictures of the toys (even though it was just the Acklay and the Reek at the time) I wanted to get the Acklay before the Reek - it just looked so much cooler.
In the movie, they're all good, but the Acklay just seems better. It's big, and it's mean and it just looks cooler than the others :happy:.

Bosskman
05-26-2002, 01:45 PM
I like them all but the acklay is my favorite. I like the look on it's face when it bites the spear in half, and how it looks like it just tapped Obi Wan on the shoulder before he turns around and cuts it up. I can't wait for the toy.

AT-AT Man
05-26-2002, 01:57 PM
yes i too wanted the acklay as soon as i saw the toy, but seeing the movie made me chang my perspective.

LTBasker
05-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I'd have to say the Acklay, quite original and very awesome. The Nexu was ok but was just kinda eh, the Reek was kinda boring, reminded me too much of a JP rip-off, I guess because of all the comparisons between the Reek toy and JP dino toys. Not too mention the Acklay looks like it could be a better toy and it was bigger. :happy:

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 05:40 PM
The Acklay, what planets were these creatures from??

Bosskman
05-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Acklay: Vendaxa
Reek: Codian Moon
Nexu: Cholganna

Jargo
05-26-2002, 06:56 PM
The Nexu. It poses the most threat to humans because it's the fastest moving and fastest thinking. Also because of that little Maiow it does after it enters the arena and roars and stretches.

Thought the Reeks bleating like a sheep was a bit odd though seing as it was supposed to be more bull like. The Acklay was definately the most vicious though and gets a second place vote.

But I also liked the Orray that the geonosians ride. It was smaller than I thought and I liked the docked tail thing. I really want a toy of that now with the execution cart and a Geonosian rider. Very cool. :)

Tonysmo
06-13-2002, 03:44 PM
The Nexu.
By far the coolest cat in the galaxy. Why? Did that cat NOT play the most pivitol role? He only turned Padmes nice tight white shirt into the awesomest half shirt of 2002. Kudos to the Nexu for creating those visions of Padme in my head... I was saddened by his death, but I know his actions will live in my mind forever. If only his claw would have reached up a bit abit higher...

karateyoda17
06-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Well I liked um all, but the Acklay stands out as my favorite. Hhe reminded me of the movie "StarShip Troopers" which had large bug like aliens much like acklays. The Reek is my 2nd favorite, he looked so damn cool when he 1st came out of the cage they keep him in. The Nexu was cool also but its my least favorite, I think it may be alittle TO wierd for me but I still like it alot.

Darth Sidious
06-13-2002, 08:01 PM
I would definately say the Nexu. He was not the strongest beast, but he was definately the most ruthless and bloodthirsty. The Geonosian feast thing was good too. Plus, I heard that the Nexu actually attacked the Acklay in a deleted scene. :eek: That takes a lot of guts, to attack a creature that is 10X your size...If only the figure would reach my area...

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Acklay
Nexu
Reek

DeadEye
06-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Karateyoda17, I already mentioned earlier in this thread that the acklay was just like the bugs in Starship Troopers! They made the exact same sounds!

And how did the reek kill the nexu? Did it die from being trampled? If so, why didn't that kill Jango? You'd think his heavy armor would crush him even faster. Also, I think I saw the reek rip the nexu's stomach open with its beaklike mouth...did this happen?

karateyoda17
06-13-2002, 09:46 PM
I could tell they resembled the bugs in starship troopers (duh) but they make the same sounds? Cool, I gotta go watch starship troopers again.

scruffziller
06-13-2002, 11:53 PM
Can I change my answer,.......PADME!:D

DeadEye
06-14-2002, 07:49 AM
They only resembled the bugs in walking on 4 legs and using their front 2 legs for attack.

But their sounds were exactly the same. Trust me--I know everything there is to know about Star Wars (except what's in Lucas' head), Starship Troopers, and the Alien series of films. :cool:

saladin
06-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Proably Acklay but the Nexu is preatty sweet when it rips padme's shirt, but reek is just to tame.

DeadEye
06-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Well of course the reek is tame. It's an herbivore! :sur:

Jargo
06-14-2002, 09:23 PM
The Nexu cuz it goes MEW! before it goes to play in the arena. The Reek is a second because it bleats like a sheep and the Acklay is third because it's just so stupid looking and I don't like any creature that has more than four legs. Scares the pants off me. Nasty creepy crawly thingies. *shudder* :eek:

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 08:44 AM
Ah, you Brits...

Jargo
06-15-2002, 10:59 AM
You should see the size of the spiders we get here now thanks to the extra warmth and humidity of a rain shrouded isle. When I was a kid they were tiny. Now I'm all growed up they are the size of dinner plates with legs that are hairy as a gorilla and as long as a giraffes. Massive malevolent scuttling monsters. And they all love to come indoors when it rains.... I'm so scared, I'm really really scared.... It's one of the only things not to get smaller as I bacame an adult. the thought of seeing those nasty furry legs come tip tapping over the top of my PC monitor while I'm sitting here typing fills me with the utmost dread. The thought of being anywhere near a twenty foot tall crab thing with attitude fills my pants with - well best not to go there right? :D The Acklay is not a nice creature. I never went to see starship troopers because the bugs looked scary. Arachnophobia scared me before I'd even seen the poster, it was just the idea of the movie.
I think you could say that I'm not fond of creepy crawlies.

The Reek on the other hand looks kinda fun. Bucking bronco stuff. And the Nexu just looks like a feral cat like we get round here all the time. Put out a bowl of milk for it and it's purring like mad and rubbing up against your legs like a big softy. Course - then it'd eat you but... whatever... :rolleyes: :D

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Give the nexu some Padme-flavored catnip and it'd leave you alone! :p

hango fett
06-20-2002, 06:54 AM
my are acklay and nexu...the reek is just big...but padme' is nice too!!