PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Wasteland

Fulit
05-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Holler if you hear me........

I can't find anything . From the Orn Free Ta wave upward, I look and look and all there is is Jango Fett Kamino Escape, Kit Fisto, Padme, R2, Kit Fisto, Kit Fisto, and Kit Fisto. And oodles of them. What is the freaking deal?

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Yeah it's the same thing around here pretty much. I finally found my Yoda and Dooku at the same store on one visit! All the others are the same for every store.

Lman316
05-26-2002, 02:05 PM
I hear you, Fulit.
That's basically all I see too, but yesterday I saw some Dooku's, Jango FB's and some Mace GR's, but I found them when I was out of town. But anything within close proximity has nothing but what you mentioned.
What are the stores waiting for? If this is some kind of plan they've devised, it backfired - I'm going to KebCo.com for the One of Every Figure Club! :crazed:

The True Maul
05-26-2002, 02:27 PM
The worst store by me is KB they have #1-#14 ever since April 23rd! But I just went too toysrus and got the rest of what I needed.

Turbowars
05-26-2002, 02:57 PM
If you can go on the weekend mornings (Saturday the best)at TRU you can find some good stuff. I get to my local TRU about 10 minute before opening and I usally find what I need. Yesterday I picked up the Massif and Endor soldior waves. Good luck!

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Yeah I've noticed that TRU is really good at keeping up with the new figures.

Jaina Solo
05-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Maybe your TRU is, Dooku Fett. My TRU is overflowing with the first waves. Forget Attack of the Clones, it's more like Attack of Zam Wasell, Nikto, and Captain "Pegwarmer" Typho. Oh, and Kit Fasto. Can't forget Kit Fasto.

InsaneJediGirl
05-26-2002, 03:13 PM
I found Dooku on the 23rd.Since then,NOTHING.Just a bunch of OPD Anakins,Padmes,C-3P0s and Kit Fistos.I'm just hoping I'll see something new by June.(I doubt it).:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DrewDewce
05-26-2002, 05:22 PM
TRU is the best I've seen at keeping up with new figs. I saw quite a few Dookus and Yodas (scarecest figs of the EpII figs around here) yesterday morning. I have yet to see the wave with Orn Free Ta, Endor Soldier, etc., but did find those at Wal-Mart.

I think if we're all patient, TRU will come thru on all the figs for us. Seems to be the case so far.

wedgeA
05-26-2002, 06:20 PM
I have never even a Dooku in retail yet. I actually had to resort to that cursed realm of Ebay for Dooku, Bespin Luke and Vader. At least I didn't have to pay too high prices for them. The problem is that stores here order a glut for the 23rd, and never reorder after that. It's getting to the point where CC Obi Wan and even OPD Anakin are getting hard to find. All that's left is pegs and pegs of Jar Jar, Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid, etc. The retail market here is a joke, totally incompetent.

LTBasker
05-26-2002, 06:26 PM
I haven't really had a problem with figures except for Collection 2 Wave 1 stuff, Luminara, Anakin HD, Dooku and Yoda but all of them were in supply on the 23rd at the Wal-Mart I went to, the only problem was getting doubles of them, just gotta get Taun We and I'll have my loose/carded collection complete for the first 27. :cool:

I'm sure well before 2003 the figures will be in ok supply, just gotta wait for the scalpers/hoarders to get the poodoo out of their heads....for that specific stuff at least.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-26-2002, 06:42 PM
OPD Anakin, OPD Anakin, OPD Anakin, OPD Anakin, OPD Anakin, OPD Anakin, O BOY! IT'S ACTUALLY HIM! IT'S A... OPD Anakin.

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 07:03 PM
I see droves of kids pass up on OPD Anakin, Threepio, Padme, and Artoo. All of them seem to want the main character Jedi (Anakin HD, Obi Wan, Mace, Yoda) or Battle Droids. I see a lot of Clonetroopers sitting around, I think because the red one wasn't as prominent in the film (big mistake on Hasbro's part) and Dooku's (only recently) as not too many kids seem to be interested in the creepy old man figure.

LusiferSam
05-26-2002, 10:24 PM
I haven't seen plastic hide nor plastic hair of Dooku yet. Found a Yoda on the 23th but haven't seen one since. As for the newer waves, I feel like I live in the outer rim of the US, so I'm waiting. Only last week did I find Bespin Luke and Vader.

Darth Narcis
05-27-2002, 01:35 AM
i havent seen dooku, yoda, nuthin! in fact, it is becoming quite disturbing, to the point of near madness, when, just today, i checked a total of 14 stores and found NOTHING new... nothing... no vader, luke, or windu... all i see here in north carolina are the first ones still on the shelves...

Fulit
05-28-2002, 11:06 AM
What an elation it is to finally find something. This morning I staked out TRU and was the first one in when they opened, and, lo, the shelves contained Vader, Luke, and a few Dooku's. No Orn Free Ta's, but it is so good to find something after all this time.

billfremore
05-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Gee, and to think I was excited to grab me a Kit Fisto thinking he would be super hard to find...

...then again I thought the EP1 threepio was gonna be hot too.

Man I'm super smart :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by wedgeA
I have never even a Dooku in retail yet. I actually had to resort to that cursed realm of Ebay for Dooku, Bespin Luke and Vader.

I really don't understand why people keep going to eBay for figures when there are perfectly good retailers like KEBco who are selling figures at relatively inexpensive prices. If you join the club it's like $7.61/figure. If you don't... it's still only a little over $8.00. They usually have most of the waves in stock.

Oh, well... some people never learn. They just keep doing the same things over and over again and complain about it. :rolleyes:

Oh... yeah- I KNEW Kit Fisto would be a dud. :D