PDA

View Full Version : The most disapponting POTJ figueres

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-26-2002, 05:59 PM
In your opinion, which POTJ figures were you most disappointed with?

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 06:17 PM
I tend to like them even if they are crappy, although I would like to see Hasbro make figures that are consistant. So my answer is none cause they are kids toys and I'm a big kid. LOL

LTBasker
05-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Both Darth Mauls were kinda eh, and so was the Jedi Armor Qui-Gon, and alot of them lack articulation that's needed, but overall the majority of them were quite good.

JetsAndHeels
05-26-2002, 06:27 PM
If I had to throw out one figure from the line, it would be that first Obi Wan. The one in the chocolate shell. That thing is hideous. I mean all it is is TPM Obi with that brown plastic cloak. ughhh.
If I had to throw out 2 figures, the other one would be Ketwol, just because he has (and still is) warmed the pegs for so long.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-26-2002, 06:53 PM
I didn't really like any of those non-movie figures. Qui-Gon Jin in a Jump Suit? Darth Maul in a yellow jacket? What's up wth that?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-26-2002, 07:40 PM
These really sucked and should've been axed and melted down IMHO:
- Anakin Mechanic.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi (Choco-Wan).
- Obi-Wan Kenobi in Cold Weather Gear (Snowbi-Wan).
- Darth Maul Final Duel.
- Darth Maul Sith Apprentice.
- Qui-Gon Jedi Armor.
- R2-D2 Naboo Escape.
- Jar Jar Tatooine.
- Bespin Guard.

:)

MichaelV103
05-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I think the ones that should have been scrapped were R2-D2, Anakin mechanic, and JarJar. Now dont get me wrong, I am one of the few people who like Jar Jar, but did we really need another version of any of these characters? Also what is up with General Leia, did someone wash her in hot water? She looks a lot smaller then most of the other figures.

187-Maul
05-27-2002, 11:22 AM
the most useless was Choc-obi
I loved the Eu figs though and loved to take Maul apart (till I got my E1 2-pack version which is much better)
although Ketwol is a pegwarmer (I wish he was here so I could get another) he looks amazing and is actually 2 aliens in one

stillakid
05-27-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
In your opinion, which POTJ figures were you most disappointed with?

Some of my Stormtroopers stayed out too late one night without calling. :mad: If I told them once, I've told them a hundred times...

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 12:15 PM
When good action figures go bad!:D

Anakin Mechanic, Chocobi-Wan, Moisture Farmer Qui-Gonn, Naboo Escape Artoo are the obvious choices.

However, the biggest disappointment goes to the Biker Scout, I had such high hopes for this figure as they are one of my favorite Imperial Troopers (although if I see one more short, overweight girl in a Biker Scout suit from the 501st, that might change). I still like the figure, but it fell short in so many ways: couldn't sit on the Speeder Bike, somewhat useless pose, lack of articulation. However, I have learned to love the figure and it remains one of my favorites.

Zutton would be another one, since he seems so unfinished as far as paint deco goes.

R4, because I would rather have had the originally planned R5.

I could go on all day....

sith_killer_99
05-27-2002, 12:21 PM
There were no Stormtroopers in the POTJ line.

LOL

MichaelV103, if you thought the General Leia was small just look at the Bespin Escape Leia!!! TINY!!!

IMO:

Han with Stormtrooper belt
Luke X-Wing
Obi-Wan (Choco Dip)
Ketwol
General (Pampers) Leia

Though, we did get a LOT more GEMS:

Darth Vader Dagobah Spirit
Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath
Sandtrooper
Aurra Sing
BoShek
Eeth Koth
Duros
FX-7
Gungan Warrior
Han Bespin Capture
IG-88
Imperial Officer
Jek Porkins
Lando Bespin Escape
Mon Calamari Officer
Plo Koon
Queen Amidala Theed
R2-Q5
R4-M9
Rebel Trooper
Saesee Tiin
Scout Trooper
Sebulba
Shmi Skywalker
Tessek
Tusken Raider
K-3PO (just nice to have)

So, as you can see Hasbro did a LOT more things RIGHT with the POTJ line than they did wrong.

And, no I didn't mind getting a few EU figs in the line. It was sort of a nice way to round out the line. IMHO;)

My biggest complaint with the POTJ line was articulation. But given the state of the current figures I LONG for the days when that was about all I had to complain about.:frus:

Lord Tenebrous
05-27-2002, 05:38 PM
So far, Funeral Obi-Wan, Luke X-wing, Death Star Han, Aurra Sing, and the Jedi Training figures are the ones that disappoint me. The JT wouldn't be on the list if they could be posed in more positions. Aurra couldn't hold her guns convincingly, and her rifle was more like a whip than a solid weapon. The others are an issue of sculpt and rehash.

I'd add Anakin Mechanic to the list, but they darkened his skin and gave him some nice articulation. I'm using him in my attempt to darken Shmi's skin.

Royal Decoy Amidala (Sabe) is disappointing because of the poor facial detail. Worse than Battle Gear Sabe, and uncomparable to Theed Invasion Amidala.

But for the most part, I loved this line. It's provided me hours of collecting fun.

LTBasker
05-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Jedi Armor Obi-Wan is kinda good though... he's got wrist and elbow swivel joints so that sort of allows for a few more poses.

JON9000
05-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Why does everyone dislike Luke X-wing? I thought it was one of the best! The removable helmet was cool, and it actually is his X-wing suit rather than the snowspeeder pilot Luke on 'roids that the original was. I get sick of resculpts too, but I felt like this one was worth it because it was such an advance.

wedgeA
05-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Man, poor Choco-wan really is getting piled on here. Granted the figure was rather redundant, but I bought him anyway, and I don't think that the figure was bad. I liked it because he had a removable cloak, and I think that it was molded simply for durability's sake.

JON9000,
I agree with you on Luke X-wing, although I have not bought the figure yet, I probably will one day. I like him because they finally made him with the visor down on the helmet. I do wish that he came with more accessories though, maybe a blaster and lightsaber?

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 01:40 AM
Luke X-Wing is a great figure, sure he has buckteeth; but so did Mark Hamill until that car rearranged his face.:D Defintely one of the best figures, if only he could hold a lightsaber or blaster convincingly.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:45 AM
Practically the whole POTJ was crap. We did get some new stuff that was good, but for the most part: POTJ = fecal matter.

I will say that I like the EU OB1s and Qui-Gon. The articulation was not that good, but the scuplts look great. Also the last 9 figures are fantastic. Better sculpts and articulation than most. They were good segues to the Saga line.