PDA

View Full Version : Collector Series

ACPin
09-18-2001, 07:39 AM
If you collect the Collector Series / Action Collection / 12" figures, here's a few questions I'd like to ask you of;

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)?
2) Did you open them?
3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)?
4) Which is your favorite figure?
5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt, paint job, accessories, etc?

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 09:12 AM
I'm adding POTF2 Action Fleet, because there simply weren't enough Collectors Series figures for my tastes.

1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - No, I have only the ones I like, which is a lot
2) Did you open them? - Absolutely, but they're back in their boxes due to space constraints
3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - No way!
4) Which is your favorite figure? - Tough choice, in POTF2 I'd say Luke Bespin, but I added a new body to this set
5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of:
sculpt - Luke Jedi
paint job - anybody but those first Luke heads
accessories - Wal-mart exclusive R2-D2 w/tools
clothes - Luke X-wing Pilot
accuracy - Leia as Boushh

ACPin
10-18-2001, 07:24 AM
JT, is it just you and me that's interested in the 12" line?

evenflow
10-18-2001, 09:08 AM
1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - At one point I could have said yes. I stopped buying all of them when the resculpts started coming out, but i do have all the exclusives.

2) Did you open them? - Nope.

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - Yes, but I had the dark blue originally. I did chase the Snowtrooper with blue chest plates though. I got one of those.

4) Which is your favorite figure? - I think the Taun Taun is cool, as well as the Biker Scout.

5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of:
sculpt - Classic Ben
paint job - Not sure?
accessories - Wal-mart exclusive R2-D2 w/tools
clothes - Admiral Ackbar
accuracy - Biker Scout

master jedi
10-18-2001, 03:24 PM
1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? Heck no.

2) Did you open them? Only ones that I have doubles of and get a hold of the easily.

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)?Sometimes.

4) Which is your favorite figure? Any Yoda figure.

5) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt, paint job, accessories, etc?

SCULPT- Snow Obi-Wan
PAINT-There are several good paint jobs so I can't choose at this time.
ACCESSORIES-Snow Obi-Wan

JediTricks
10-19-2001, 02:26 AM
Yeah AC, just you, me, and evenflow. ;)

GNT
10-19-2001, 03:17 AM
2) Did you open them?

The ones I like get opened.

I like the Jawa,just so cool,Biker scout is impressive.

Thats all I can answer,As I only collect what I like in the 12" line :)

hamsterboy
10-22-2001, 01:08 AM
I will only use answers.(easier that way)

1)Not yet.(trying though)

2)No.

3)A few varients. Finding a blue panel Snowtrooper for $9.99 is my best find to date.

4)My favorite? I'd go with the Han Solo in Carbonite.

5)Sculpt- I'd go with Han Stormtrooper (1st)

Paint Job-Don't notice.

Accessories-Luke Jedi. The bone and the glow-in the-dark lightsaber are cool to me.

Starfig873
10-22-2001, 11:05 AM
1)...eh, mostly. I don't have the original Ben Kenobi. I have several store exclusives..but not nearly all.

2) No. They look nice in the packaging. I did however, open up my favorite droid IG-88, who now has a lookout job on my TV in my room.

3) Nope. I'm sure had I, violence upon myself would ensue ;)

4) Jar Jar Binks. Hasbro really did a nice job on this *slightly* annoying character

5) The Emperor. Can't go wrong with his wrinkly face and his..um...exciting cane using action

JediCole
10-22-2001, 12:47 PM
1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)? - No. Initially I was not going to buy the 12" figures at all, since I had all but IG-88 of the vintage line. Then Lando came out and a few others like Tarkin and Bib Fortuna. Now I have close to 30 of the POTF2/EI/POTJ 12" figures, but not nearly all of them. Some exclusives I could not pass up, others I have no use for, the same is true for Luke variants and such.

2) Did you open them? - Of course! Why collect thes great figures if you do not display them!

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)? - No. Why bother with variants, as most were packaging variations, if you are going to open them?

4) Which is your favorite figure? - That is a tough call. I think Lando has been terribly slighted. I sold one, boxed, a few years ago for $8.00 and could barely get that (at the time they were sill in the stores at $20-25). I called it the "Everybody Hates Lando Sale". I think it is one of the better figures of the line. Now it is a toss up between Bossk and the Couruscant Guard.

5a) Which figure do you consider the best overall in terms of sculpt? - Grand Moff Tarkin gets my vote. He has a great presence that so many others lack.

5b) paint job? - That is a tough one. I think Ponda Boba, Jar Jar, Captain Tarpals, and Boss Nass all have rich and meticulous paint jobs. Other favorites would be the Taun Taun and 4-LOM in that regard.

5c) accessories? - I would have to go with the Cantina Band. Great reproductions of their instruments.

A special nod should also go out to the Queen Amidala Portrait Editions (plus the one for Leia, not quite as nice, but still worthy of a nod). By far some of the most incredible figures to date from the standpoint of craftsmanship.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-22-2001, 03:45 PM
I just have to ask this, because I just don't see the big deal. What's the appeal in collecting the 12" series? I can't get into them because they're like dolls. I'm not criticizing any one for getting them, I just don't see their appeal.

Starfig873
10-26-2001, 11:27 AM
They offer compfort when its dark. They can be your friends at a tea party. They can be there for you when you need a plastic, non-emotional face to turn to.

:D

I like alot of em' because you can do things with them that you can't with the 3 inch figures. Not much though unfortunatly...oh! You can POSE them! And uh...they'll be worth money?
Some have just really great sculpts on them that you couldn't get with the 3 inch line.

ACPin
06-28-2002, 10:48 PM
Bump! Now that there's renewed interest on these! :cool:

TheZoid
06-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Actually they look less like dolls and more like large scale action figures. I just got 12" Jango and he is posed in the same pose that comes in the regular action figure of Jango (firing his pistol). He really does look like an action figure, just bigger.

As soon as I can take a photo, I'll post it.

mini-rock
06-29-2002, 12:32 AM
Bigger is better! :)
MR

Ook
06-29-2002, 01:44 AM
1) Complete set? - Nope.
2) Open them? - Yep.
3) Variants? - Hell no.
4) Favorite figure? - Bib, Bossk, Jango.
5) Best overall? - Bossk, Jango.

humsup
06-29-2002, 07:10 AM
1) Do you have the complete set (includes store exclusives)?
Nope, only those I like or those I don't intend to buy in the first place but bought them anyway because its on clearance :D

2) Did you open them?
Yes I do. But like many, space is a big constraint. So, 1/3 of my collections are still in the box.

3) Did you bother going for the variants (dark blue or light blue insert)?
No, I'm a "figure" person and I would not buy twins just because they are package differently.

Used to be Han Solo Trash Compactor Stormie disguise. Now its the Clone Trooper.

Sculpt - Luke Hoth & Yoda - its a tie
Paint Job - Yoda (the one individual packed Action Collection)
Accessories - Han Solo Hoth, love the bino.