PDA

View Full Version : Collectors gone cold Turkey Annoynomous

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 07:54 PM
I was an avid collector untill I got deap in debt, so far, for over a year I have not purchased 1 Star Wars item. So now I just go into Wal-Mart and look at all the new figs on the shelf and that gives me enough of a high to last me. Altough lately I have almost had withdrawls, I am almost contemplating on buying the 12" Jango Fett. SOMEONE PLEASE STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue II
05-26-2002, 10:14 PM
You could get a part time job at Walmart, Target, or Toys R Us and just have them pay you in figures. Woo Hoo! Employee discount!

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 11:15 PM
I do work at Wal-Mart even with my discount it is expensive for me. But I also have another full time job.

2-1B
05-27-2002, 05:03 PM
I went over a year, almost a year and a half without buying anything. Now I'm back in the hobby, only buying an item here and there (well, except for my midnight madness purchases). :)

gibbspaulus
05-28-2002, 04:39 AM
I know what you mean - I promised myself not to go mad on Saga and have the first 30 already!!! I also buy older stuff off net auctions and have to get people to change my login for me as I keep going husely over budget. Luckilly Yahoo auctions in the UK are closing...

jedi master sal
05-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Try buying $460 on epII release (4/23) another $300 since and having to pay $550 in Federal and state tax not to mention my other regular bills. I must be off my repulsorlift!

billfremore
05-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Ever get the feeling we're a bunch of junkies and Lucas is the pusher? :)

scruffziller
05-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Yep I did feel like an addict, and I broke it, hopefully........

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I was an avid collector untill I got deap in debt, so far, for over a year I have not purchased 1 Star Wars item. So now I just go into Wal-Mart and look at all the new figs on the shelf and that gives me enough of a high to last me. Altough lately I have almost had withdrawls, I am almost contemplating on buying the 12" Jango Fett. SOMEONE PLEASE STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLAP**SLAP

Wake up! Stop the madness!

Now, jump into a cold shower and start watching Barney. That will take away any will to collect (or to live for that matter).

ACPin
05-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I do work at Wal-Mart even with my discount it is expensive for me. But I also have another full time job.
That's your fault coz you broke the cardinal rule about buying toys! :mad: :eek:

If you work in a toy store, don't ever, ever, ever buy a toy!

:crazed: :sur: :frus: :stupid:

Buying a toy leads to suffering. Suffering leads to debt. Or something like that.

:D :cool:

sith_killer_99
05-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Junkie, PUSHER!!!:sur: LOL

I used to joke about that to my friends. George Lucas is the pusher and each Star Wars figure is like another hit of crack.

I keep saying that I can stop. But the worse Hasbro makes the figures the lower the high, so I have to buy more to keep up!

LOL

billfremore
05-29-2002, 12:38 PM
We must be junkies or else we wouldn't have multiple variations of the same character...

I have 10 different vaders myself.
I need help!

187-Maul
05-29-2002, 02:33 PM
I absolutely don;t ahve that much figures but I have 14 different Maul's and still looking for 1 and soon the new one too
I can't stop with maul!

Turbowars
05-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
Ever get the feeling we're a bunch of junkies and Lucas is the pusher? :) All the time!!!!!!

Turbowars
05-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
We must be junkies or else we wouldn't have multiple variations of the same character...

I have 10 different vaders myself.
I need help! It's really sad when I have 12 E1 R2's with dumb errors like 2 right legs and crap! :crazed:

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 06:25 PM
I stopped buying after the first wave of POTF2 slide figures came out. I only did because my stores stopped carrying them. I did find one once in a while at flea markets and stuff for a good price... plus a slew of TPM figures...

But after they started disappering like that, I just haven't been the same collector, the one who buys one of everything. I now just buy a few...

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 12:12 PM
Well an update, I went off and bought Djas Pur for my cantina scene, but only him. I will only buy figs for my Cantina and Jabba's palace scenes.

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Try buying $460 on epII release (4/23) another $300 since and having to pay $550 in Federal and state tax not to mention my other regular bills. I must be off my repulsorlift!

The only thing I can say is...

ME TOO

we are in the same boat sal....I have over 70 saga figs so far!! Talk about addiction

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2002, 04:21 PM
scruffziller, how much of a discount do you get at W-M? My sister works at Target and only gets 10%. :sur:

Jedi_Bates
07-23-2002, 07:02 PM
I cant kick myself enough times, not to realize that the SW action figures are the coolest thing in the world,no..., i MEAN the coolest thing in the world. I just recently started collecting with the saga line and every day i get more and more into it!! I just cant understand how in the past i walked past so many of them thinking nothing of it...