PDA

View Full Version : Dooku's Fate

maulrat22
05-26-2002, 07:18 PM
I wonder what will happen to Dooku in episode III. It's almost certain that he's gonna die, but i was wondering about what people think about who will kill him, or how they will kill him. He'll probably end up gettin cut in half or his head chopped off like all the other cool characters in the prequel trilogy.

Fulit
05-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Anakin will kill him to take his place at Palpatine's side. At least, he better. I don't know, Maybe Mace Windu will just run up and chop his head off. :crazed: Sorry.

Pendo
05-27-2002, 10:56 AM
I think either Yoda will kill hgim in another duel, or Anakin will kill him and take his place like Fulit said.
I don't think anyone other than Yoda or Anakin should kill him, Dooku's too powerful to be killed by anyone else.

Maybe Sidious will kill him so Anakin will take his place?

PENDO!

187-Maul
05-27-2002, 11:13 AM
I'll second for Sidious killing him cause that would show im turning his back to dooku by getting a more powerful second hand (Anakin) and shows how heartless he is by killing a "loyal servant"

Jedi Clint
05-27-2002, 04:09 PM
Anakin has his number.

Rogue II
05-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Sidious seems to always let others do his dirty work, so I think Anakin will get him. But, I wouldn't be suprised if Sidious gets a little help from ol' Palpy.

snakeeyes
05-29-2002, 02:49 PM
i see something happening that will mirror what happened in rotj. anakin will probably fight dooku in front of palpatine, just like luke did with vader, and return the favor by cutting off dooku's hand. anakin will however complete his trip to the darkside by finishing off dooku, unlike the way luke showed mercy.

187-Maul
05-29-2002, 03:47 PM
great idea snakeeyes about the ROTJ like scene
that would definelty kick *** how you can see that luke isn't like his father and can resist the dark side

Pendo
05-30-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by snakeeyes
i see something happening that will mirror what happened in rotj. anakin will probably fight dooku in front of palpatine, just like luke did with vader, and return the favor by cutting off dooku's hand. anakin will however complete his trip to the darkside by finishing off dooku, unlike the way luke showed mercy.

I like it snakeeyes, and it will make my favourite scene in the whole saga even more powerful (that's the "I'll never turn to the dark side" scene).

PENDO!

Chaddymac
05-30-2002, 03:43 PM
I like that idea too, but I'm married to this hope that Lucas will preserve the secrets of the OT, somehow. So, I kind of want to see Dooku destroy Anakin, causing his need for the Black Suit. Then someone else kills Dooku. Maybe in Anakin's hesitation to commit to the dark side, Dooku gets the upper hand and "kills" Annie. Then someone else kills Dooku.

Althouh, the more I think about it, the more I think Lucas is going to do that...show Anakin facing the same decision Luke faced, only not rising above it. Hasn't he said something before about writing the Star Wars movies like a Symphony, playing the same notes in different moods or something? I think it was in the Time article.

Maybe Obi-Wan will appear to "kill" Anakin, and that will make his statement in ANH seem like a bold-faced self-serving lie, which later turns out to be a bold-faced lie of the half-truth variety.

die-jarjar-die
05-31-2002, 10:37 PM
I was under the impression that Anakin needing the suit was due to the injuries sustained whilst fighting Obi-Wan, the LAVA duel we are all so eager to see??

IMO I think that Dooku's death will be by Yoda's hand, not Anakins. My reasoning? Firstly I feel Anakins decision to succumb to the Darkside & become Vader will be a result of a) his injuries & b) some event that occurs during the movie which Palpatine will be able to manipulate (perhaps developing on the "its all Obi-Wans fault, hes holding me back" theme) to sway his "young apprentice"- to be.

Secondly, as has been suggested previously, GL likes to repeat themes....IMO this will involve the FINAL confrontations between Master & Apprentice ala Obi vs Vader in ANH (when I left you I was but the learner etcetcetc). I think tha this final duel will occur on Dagobah.....This would explain the Darkside presence that is referred to in ESB (the tree) & also this "presence" that is a residue of Dooku's power would provide the perfect cover to "hide" one solitary Jedi Master, how else are they going to explain how Yoda manages to survive not only the Jedi Purge but to remain "hidden" for over 20 years.........

Apologies for all the quotation marks....just trying to add emphasis without using unnecessary capitals!

saladin
06-02-2002, 12:24 AM
Anakin, one his first or last acts for his decent

darthvyn
06-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by die-jarjar-die
This would explain the Darkside presence that is referred to in ESB (the tree) & also this "presence" that is a residue of Dooku's power would provide the perfect cover to "hide" one solitary Jedi Master, how else are they going to explain how Yoda manages to survive not only the Jedi Purge but to remain "hidden" for over 20 years.........

i don't think he's hiding, i think he was permitted to live, as was obi-wan (who's "hiding" on vader's home planet?...) this has to do with my (as of late unpopular) theory on the balance prophecy.

Chaddymac
06-02-2002, 02:25 PM
I think I'm familiar with that theory...the idea that two dark side Jedi and two light side Jedi balance out the force: thus Vader brought balance by purging the other Jedi.

The problem with this is that Lucas' description of the inbalance in the force is directy linked to the misuse by the Sith. The dark side of the force IS the inbalance. Lucas has also addressed questions about how Anakin fulfills the prophecy and his response was that Anakin became one of the two Sith, then sacrificed his life to destroy the other. Thus, through Vader, Anakin was able to destroy the Sith from the inside out. When he died, the Sith were extinct and balance returned to the force. So Anakin fulfilled the prophecy, just not in a way that anyone was able to predict.

Of course, maybe your theory was different and I'm just talking out of the wrong hole.

darthvyn
06-02-2002, 02:48 PM
yeah, the first one... that's mine, but i don't know what hole you're talking out of... lol

the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that we don't really have any clues to tell us that there is balance to the force at the end of JEDI. i also really like the idea that all the jedi are looking foward to the prophecy, and it turns out that it's not a good thing.

Jedi Clint
06-02-2002, 02:53 PM
They could (and probably should) give us more information on the balance issue in E3......enough to let us know that the events at the end of ROTJ complete it.

Chaddymac
06-02-2002, 05:15 PM
There are alot of threads to tie up in Episode III. The prophecy is a big one. Perhaps Yoda and Obi-Wan begin to sense how the whole game is going to play out and they give us a hint. I would hope they at least get us as far as seeing the completion of the prophecy in Jedi, as you suggest Clint.

darthvyn
06-03-2002, 03:10 PM
if the prophecy truly comes to fruition in ROJ, it will probably have to be one of the new revisions that lucas does... i don't see how a hint in ep III is going to bring out something in ROJ...

Jedi Clint
06-03-2002, 03:29 PM
"It is clear that Palpatine is responsible for this imbalance in the force."
"Unfortunate that Skywalker can not fulfill his destiny by destroying him."

That is just one way that it can be handled.