PDA

View Full Version : Since we are getting concept figures....

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 08:19 PM
we might as well start the ball rolling for some cool ones.

This is of course, assuming that the fan choice poll hasn't been hacked; but in any case, these are some concept figures that I would really like to have.

concept Vader and Luke (actually Deak Starkiller):

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 08:22 PM
Hmmm, thought that last one would be better quality.

Anyway, Luke as a girl:) :

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 08:25 PM
and Chewbacca:

JediTricks
05-26-2002, 08:41 PM
YEAH! Concept Chewie!!! Concept Vader!!! Concept Deak!!! Concept R2-D2 (not shown... yet?)!!! Concept Han (also not shown)!!! Concept Luke ROTJ!!! Concept Luke-girl... yippee? :D

I'm way into the concept figures, I hope to see an accurate concept stormtrooper w/ shield and lightsaber on pegs soon, but please don't make the concept Millennium Falcon!!! That is one bland ship.

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 09:00 PM
I couldn't find any good pics of concept Han, but I like the old one of him with a beard and lightsaber. I have one of Threepio and Artoo from that McQuarrie painting, but since the Vader/Deak pic came out so bad I was going to hold off. All what the heck?

Concept Threepio and Artoo:

(If anyone can find a good pic of concept Han, then please post it here.)

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Here's a better pic of concept Artoo, I really want this one!

bigbarada
05-26-2002, 09:26 PM
and here is a version of Vader I hope they DO NOT make.

(still looking for that bearded Han concept scetch)

2-1B
05-27-2002, 04:07 PM
hey B, I know exactly the pic of Han you're talking about, it also has the female Luke right? I can't find it either but here's a shot of Han with that Chewie design you posted . . .

Beast
05-27-2002, 04:20 PM
There is a great site for Ralph McQuarrie's Star Wars concept art. It's his official website, and here is a link directly to it. Enjoy!! :D

http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/menu/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Freedom
05-27-2002, 05:05 PM
These might be cool in some kind of Collector's Pack.

I have no idea who and why anybody voted for that concept stormtrooper before actual characters from the trilogy is beyond me.

mylow thehutt
05-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Any one got a good pic of Deak.

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Boba Fett concept art!

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Found it!! Thanks for the link JJB!:)

Han Solo and Princess Luke:

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Deak Starkiller (actually just a redrawn Han Solo):

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Last one, promise. The concept Chewie I hope they make:

Beast
05-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Found it!! Thanks for the link JJB!:)
Glad I could help. I'm not a huge fan of Concept Charecter figures, unless they are gonna do one of each of the main charecters of the OT. If the SketchTrooper is finally declared the winner, they better atleast do Vader and a few others. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
05-28-2002, 05:43 AM
I think they should do one major charecter Like each mounth or year,like for example A chewy here then a Boba fett there.ans so on.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 09:39 AM
In the picture with Han Solo and "Princess Luke", does anyone agree that Solo looks like Lucas? :eek:
I still don't like the idea of concept figures. I think that they could make these when they finally run out of ideas for movie figures (or until they don't make any new figures I need :p).
But, if they look decent enough, I might pick them up to play with - I just won't have any place to display them. Maybe as background characters....

End. :)

stillakid
05-28-2002, 10:05 AM
I like the initial Vader, the swiss army knife R2, and the last Chewy that you put up. I still wish they'd fill up my Cantina and Jabba's Palace first, but if there have to concept figures, might as well start here.

There's also a concept Biker Scout that I've always liked. I'll try to dig up the pic.

evenflow
05-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Is the concept Stormtrooper the official winner yet? I still have hope that it isn't.

Dooku Fett
05-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
In the picture with Han Solo and "Princess Luke", does anyone agree that Solo looks like Lucas? :eek:
I still don't like the idea of concept figures. I think that they could make these when they finally run out of ideas for movie figures (or until they don't make any new figures I need :p).
But, if they look decent enough, I might pick them up to play with - I just won't have any place to display them. Maybe as background characters....

End. :)

Yeah he really does look like Lucas.

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 07:41 PM
I think McQuarrie used Lucas as the model for Solo during the concept process. Ian McCaig used various ILM staffers as models for many of the Ep1 designs, so I guess it isn't all that uncommon.

JediTricks
05-29-2002, 12:12 AM
Fantastic pictures! I'd like a concept chewie w/ removable fur so it's 2 chewies in one. ;)