PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Just Found

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

OC47150
03-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I won't hit Meijer again until Saturday for grocery day. Beside, I wait until the Legos are clearanced. Then I can afford them! Ha!

moulman
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
ya i usually do wait for items to be put on sale-but we all know the tempting force that is Star wars collectables

OC47150
03-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Legos are so expensive. I wouldn't have bought the Dago X-wing set for $50. For $10, yes, but not $50.

Ji'dai
03-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I'll be buying Episode III LEGO sometime next January or February :D But I'll probably get a few sets for my birthday and christmas. Hopefully.

Picked up a Red Animated Clone today at WM in Greencastle. Just happened to be the one I needed.

Also bought a LEGO Harry Potter purple bus for $5.

OC47150
03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I did buy a cantina #2 set for $10 the other night. When I was working with it, I realized something wasn't right. I finally had to pop ANH in to confirm what I thought: there are no stools around the cantina.

So my next little project is to make at least one section of the cantina correct.

Ji'dai
03-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I saw the Vader Voice changer in ROTS packaging at the Wal-Mart in Clinton, IN today. It has the first 24 Ep.III figures pictured on the bottom.

Ji'dai
03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
K-Mart has the LEGO ARC-170 ($40) and Tri-Droid Fighter ($16) on the shelves.

Wal-Mart stocked more Sneak Preview figures.

TRU is running a BOGO 50% off sale on LEGO this week.

OC47150
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Best Buy as the Clone War DVD for $13. That's the best price I've seen.

Meijer advertised CW figures for $5.94 this week. Might have to stop in and check it out.

At my SW club meeting on Saturday, someone brought a few of the ROTS figures to show off/sell: Vader, Tarful, Plo Koon and one other.

Ji'dai
03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Picked up Clones Wars Volume One at Wal-Mart for $12. WM also has the two "Commemorative" DVD animated figure sets. I passed since I already have those figures loose and MOC. Did everyone watch the Season III premiere on Cartoon Network last night? I wished it was another 12 minutes longer.

I also saw the Palpatine/Yoda Galactic Heroes ROTS set at Wal-Mart today plus the new "official" Star Wars cereal. They're like Lucky Charms. I posted pics and details over in the food promos thread.

OC47150
03-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm going to pick it up either tonight or later in the week.

I thought I'd read that there was supposed to be a different figure set to come out with the DVDs. I hadn't seen anything about it in a couple of weeks and forgot about it.

Ji'dai
03-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I stopped by TRU today on a whim and damn if they didn't have loads of new crap. I thought about going outside to check to make sure I was in the right store.

This is what I saw:

LEGO Imperial Inspection and nearly all of the ROTS sets. Many of the larger sets have a 'try-me' display window with the new Jedi with light-up lightsaber mini-figs. The four-armed LEGO Grievous looks pretty cool! TRU is also running a BOGO 50% off sale this week so it was mighty tempting to get the new stuff. I may go back on Friday for them.

12" Ultimate Vader with Anakin, alternate scarred head, and Vader costume. Very appealing display box! Curving plastic front cover over the backing box. If I remember correctly, it scanned at $45.

Playskool Jedi Force Yoda with Swamp Stomper and Anakin with Rescue Glider. I understand these are for kids, but Yoda looks goofy.

ERTL/AMT Model Kits are back. On shelves were the Death Star, Millennium Falcon (both $20), X-Wing, AT-ST, and Snowspeeder (all $13). I started a new thread about these in the "Other (Star Wars)" section.

OC47150
03-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Cool about the new stuff at TRU.

My WM had the CW three-packs; I bought one of each. It's a sharp-looking package.

The WM also had a nice stand-alone Lego display in the toy section.

moulman
03-23-2005, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ji'dai]Did everyone watch the Season III premiere on Cartoon Network last night? I wished it was another 12 minutes longer.
QUOTE]

Was it just me or did the new ones seem to be geared more twoards children and less twoards sw fans? They seemed a little bit corny to me- but hey, star wars is star wars

OC47150
03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought the villian at the beginning of last night's episode (the guy in red) was a little bufoonish, even for a cartoon.

moulman
03-24-2005, 05:16 PM
ya he was- it would take 1000 jedi for me to change my mind about him :D

Ji'dai
03-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Well I hinted to family about the ROTS LEGO at TRU and their BOGO 50% off sale and I have it on pretty good authority that I'll be getting the Clone Turbo Tank, Wookie Catamaran, Grievous Chase, and Jedi Starfighter w/ Vulture Droid for my birthday :D

Wal-Mart still has a good quantity of DVD-Animated figure sets left. They don't look like they were touched at all really. I think this release slipped under the radar of most collectors.

Suncoast has the ROTS Republic Gunship on the shelves for $29.99.

Suncoast also has SOTA Toys "Now Playing" Series 1 with Toxic Avenger, Darkman, and some demon guy; $12.99. Also saw Blue Brothers action figures - Belushi & Akroyd's bases hook together. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Darla figure (Welcome to the Hellmouth variant) is on the pegs as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that GameStop had the Jakks Pacific ROTS plug-n-play video game/controller on the pegs, $19.99.

OC47150
03-25-2005, 02:52 PM
I think a lot of fans were caught off-guard with the the CW 3-packs. One of my local club members works at WM and thought another set was going to be released.

I'd like to have a couple of loose ARC troopers to play with. :D

The boss is letting us go early for the holiday, so I finally get to swing by Circuit City to get the CW DVD.

moulman
03-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Picked up the cw dvd this weekend-best part about the whole dvd is that you can watch all the chapters together w/o any commercials :D

OC47150
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Picked up the CW DVD at Circuit City for $12 and some change. Haven't watched it yet.

The CW 3-packs were still plentiful at two WMs so I picked up a second Obi-Wan/Ani/ ARC trooper for opening.

Also found the cantina #1 set for $14 at Kmart.

Now waiting for Friday night, Saturday morning...

moulman
03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
me neither- im so gonna get up at 6 just to get a Target exclusive Vader

Ji'dai
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Workers were putting up a tent in the Wal-Mart parking lot today. My WM is on the Midnight Madness list (Terre Haute, IN) so the tent must be for their "48 Hours of the Force" Celebration.

I've never went to MM before but I think I will go Friday night since the WM here is putting on the big soiree. I'm not planning on buying much but I do want to get the Early Bird Package. I love repro-vintage stuff.

No Target locally so I'll won't be getting their exclusive. Not that I'd pay $13 for a 4" figure anyway.

TRU either pulled all the Episode III LEGO off the shelves or they sold out. I don't think TRU here is having Midnight Madness.

I did see a cool lawn sprinkler at TRU though. It was a the "TIKI-SOKI" water volcano - a big Tiki-head that spurts water out the top. Much cooler than the Vader sprinker!

OC47150
04-01-2005, 06:49 AM
I did a little scouting last night. The WMs by me aren't doing the tent sales. The closest one is 20 minutes away but I don't think I'm going to go.

WM and Target hasn't even made shelf space for the new stuff yet. That might change.

TRU -- WOW. While the C'ville store isn't doing MM (only one in my area is and it's a 20-minute drive) they were getting ready. They let me look and touch but I couldn't buy. That was good enough for me! Saw plenty of clones and Obi-Wans, Anakins, etc...

Supposedly TRU is getting the holo Yoda on Saturday, so I'll buy that for $10.

My plan right now is to go to Target about 6:30 and get the ticket for the lava Vader, hit WM and Meijer and then go back to Target. If my WMs have the early bird kits Saturday morning, I may get them. I haven't decided yet.

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
I have a Meijer circular in hand for the Indianapolis area with ROTS product available at midnight.

The 12" has an advertised price of $16.88 each which seems like a good deal to me.

Basic figs are $5.88 and the "action assortment" (figures with alternate accessories) are $8.88 each.

moulman
04-02-2005, 08:05 AM
wow- Midnight madness at the WM in Fishers was crazy. 12:00 rolled around, and nothing was put out. The people had no idea what they were doing, and eventually they just rolled out a crapload of boxes with ROTS stuff inside. There was about 2 people who actually worked there opening the boxes, so they told us we could open them. That was a big mistake.

We went through those boxes in about 15 minutes- well, until they had to bring the cop back into the toy department to get us to stop. On our way out of the store though, they annouced that they had early bird kits in the photolab, so I rushed back and got 2- I was preety happy with the timing on that :D .

Got 2 Target exclusives this morning-preety cool figure

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I went to MM at Wal-Mart but it was a bust - I didn't buy anything. Too many people crammed in the aisle made it hard to look at stuff anyway.

So I go to the WM Tent sale at 8 AM. Lots of cardboard displays and standees. They had people offering product samples of the SW food promos. The neatest thing was the LEGO/M&Ms table where they had a build-a-mosaic of a SW M&M guy. I only bought two Early Bird kits.

Stopped by TRU at 9:30 opening. Was handed a TRU holo Yoda as I walked in - $9.99. I bought Grievous (x2), GG Bodyguard (x2) a Tarful, and a 12" Grievous.

Hit various Wal-Marts in Paris, IL, Clinton, IN, Brazil, IN, and Greencastle, IN. Only bought red Royal Guard (x2) and blue Royal Guard (x2). The red one is somewhat more scarce than the blue in this area.

Didn't see any figures above #32. Would've bought a Mothma and Padme but the paint jobs I saw were bad.

All in all, the ROTS release was pretty underwhelming. Not that many "new" figures released so I wasn't that excited about anything. Some of the resculpts (like Kit Fisto) aren't even as good as the SAGA/CW versions. Hopefully #33-up will hit soon.

OC47150
04-04-2005, 06:56 AM
It was a good day and a good haul for me. My buddy and I met up at 6:15 a.m. and went to Target. There was no one there with tickets so we went to WM. I picked up just a few figures and went back to Target and waited.

This particular Target was clueless about the ticket system. I ended up with two Lava Vaders and the clone cup set.

No holo Yoda at our TRU, but I did pick up the 12" Grevious and the Yoda buddy.

At one WM I bought the carrying case, and at the WM tent sale I bought the Early Bird Kit and one of the Micro Machine-style vehicles, the A-wing. First time I'd seen the ships.

Total, I bought four basic figures (Grevious, Grev's bodyguard, clone trooper and Padme). I'll pick up a couple of more this week.

moulman
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Did the WM tent sale you went to hand out free promo Attaix (sp) figures? They had 2 boxes of them opened at midnight madness, and i ended up grabbing nearly one of each kind, seeing as how most others were trying to find a Red Royal Gaurd figure out of all the boxes.

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I got two of em at the tent sale. These things are cooler than i thought. My stepson loves em and wants em, so I guess I will buy some soon.

OC47150
04-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Does a punch cup of M&Ms count for anything?

The blue and red guards are some of the harder ones to find. My buddy found one blue guard at TRU.

Padme was kinda elusive, too. I picked her up.

moulman
04-04-2005, 11:05 AM
lol, those mm's were preety hard considering it was like 40 degrees outside the tent :D . I wish I woulda known that the blue guards were also kinda rare, they had like 15 at MM at WM.

Owell-gonna call TRU to see if they got any more holo yodas in like they said they would. Kinda was a toss-up between the early bird kit and the holo yoda.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I went to the tent sale at opening so the employees running the booths inside the tent were scrambling to set up their tables for the promos. I saw them putting out samples of the SW food promos, but since I'm not interested in Attacktix I didn't stick around that table to see if they gave anything away. I didn't think about them giving away free toys!

Forgot to mention that K-Mart had Vader, Chewie, 3PO, and R2 Palm Talkers - $9.99.

This morning I saw a Star Wars collapsible chair at Menards, the home-improvement store, for $15. It comes in with cloth tote with draw-string for storage and has the ROTS red starburst deco.

In other action figure news I spotted the SIN CITY line at Spencers. They had both B&W and color versions of the figures, $12.99. These don't have much articulation.

moulman
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Just wondering, anyone have an idea on how the figures from the early bird kit will be packaged? Id assume just in plastic wrap seeing as how there made to go in the stand, but i was just curious

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
The vintage EB figures were shipped individually bagged in a white plastic tray that had individual slots for the figures. Who knows, Hasbro may package/ship them like that again, but I bet that they'll be bagged & stuffed into a little white mailer box.

OC47150
04-05-2005, 06:21 AM
I picked up a couple extra bodyguards last night at Target.

Forgot to look for the trading cards. Need to stop by WM on the way home from work tonight so I'll check then.

I didn't see any freebies, other than food samples, at the WM tent sale I went to.

Ji'dai
04-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Spotted figures #33 - #40 at Wal-Mart this afternoon. Looks like the pegs were freshly stocked. There were probably a half dozen #33 & #34 Clones so maybe Hasbro is packing them in greater numbers. I passed on the new Palpatine with blue saber. The figures are still $5.24. Hopefully they'll drop below $5 as we get closer to May 19. There are also quite a few Early Bird packages and Vader Carry Cases left. The carry case has a ROTS Anakin and the 2003 SA Clone.

I bought:
#33 Clone Commander x3
#34 Clone Pilot x3
#36 Grievous with exploding body x2
#37 Vader's Medical Droid x1 - saw only one
#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner x1 - saw only one
#39 Polis Massan x1 - saw only one
#40 Mas Amedda x1 - saw only one

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I bought 2 Early Birds on the same receipt April 2 and asked at the service desk today if they could print off another receipt but they would only give me a xerox copy. I only planned on redeeming one EB for the figure offer but I just don't like giving away my original receipt.

OC47150
04-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Good haul!

I had to run an errand at lunch and stopped at Target. I hate to use this word so early but there were only pegwarmers. I was going to buy a couple but decided to check a couple of other stores first.

moulman
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice purchase indeed. Like OC, ive been stuck with a bunch of pegwarmers at my local stores. Right now im just trying to buy the figs that my stores dont seem to have a lot of, and hopefully conditions will improve....:zzz:

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
The blue saber Palps is going to be rare as a red saber one has come out now. Might wanna get that one.

moulman
04-07-2005, 08:34 AM
lol, at first i thought that the palp with a blue saber was part of the movie, but considering that alot of people bascially know the whole movie end to end, I can see why people say the fig is an error

OC47150
04-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I had to swing into WM to do some quick grocery shopping last night. They seem to have a nice selection of figures that some of the other stores.

Has anyone stopped into Kmart since Saturday? Someone reported finding the palm talkers there, but I've only seen one report.

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I have seen them in three different Kmarts in my area, so they are out there.

OC47150
04-07-2005, 09:52 AM
I should have a little more time to hit a couple of stores this weekend.

OC47150
04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
I found the Emperor glow-in-the-dark Pez dispenser at the Clarksville WM last night. That made my day.

I also picked up about 12 figures I needed, so I now have about half of the first 32, as well as the Grevious Unleashed. He's sitting on top of the TV.

moulman
04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
is the glow in the dark palpatine PEZ the one with him in the black robe or the one with him in the red robe?

I got the Death Star PEZ btw-that made my day yesterday...

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Its the black robe, it is an exclusive to WM only.(BTW its the only place I have seen the pez)

OC47150
04-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Ye, the black robe. Didn't know there was a red robe.

I friend of mine did find the pez machines at a local, privately owned drug store just in the last week.

I saw the Death Star, Yoda and 3PO. I might have to pick them up later.

moulman
04-08-2005, 09:09 AM
ya theres a red robed palp too-more than likely ill pick these up seeing as how there only 94 cents

OC47150
04-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I'll be on the lookout for the red Palpy.

moulman
04-08-2005, 11:02 AM
heres a pic just incase ya wanted to see what it looks like:

clicky (http://www.dreamlife90pez.com/reempapez.html)

its funny how they put the regular retail price as $5 :D

OC47150
04-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Maybe at C3 but in the stores, no.

Kidhuman
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I have found Grievous and Red Palpy packing errors, they stuck them in the bubble backwards. Found both atWM's.

moulman
04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Just got back from WM-picked up a few more figs (theyll be there for awhile, no use in buying a lot of them at once). Also picked up a couple PEZ (red and glowing palp, boba, and R2).

Ji'dai
04-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I've seen the gigantic PEZ dispensers at TRU. Meh.

Went ahead and picked up a Padme at TRU today before their sale ends on April 9. I think figs will go back up to $5.99, which is stupid since they should keep them on par with WM's $5.24. So far I've only bought seven of the first 32 figures.

K-Mart is really disappointing. No big Star Wars display or many figures to browse. They do have a sale this week, figures are 2 for $11, so about 25 cents higher than WM and TRU. Other SW stuff is on sale with a varying percentage off.

moulman
04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
only 7? good. At least someone on the boards doesnt have more than I do- Im happy that I read your post tho, Ill have to swing by TRU either today or tommorow to pick up some figs.

moulman
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Decided to go by the mall area today. First stop was at TRU. Manager told me they were doing the holo Yoda deal 2morrow, so this will give me an excuse to buy some of the pegwarmers there. Also went to KB (nothing) and Suncoast. They had a Red Royal gaurd for 7, so i picked it up seeing as how those are the hard to find ones around here...

Also stopped at Walmart, picked up the Palpatine w/ blue saber and a few PEZ dispensers

Ji'dai
04-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Someone mentioned in another section about finding #33-40 at Kohls. The one here is still under construction, but I think there are several Kohls stores in the Indy area: in the north across from the Fashion Mall at Keystone, one in Greenwood & South Port, and another in Plainfield. There used to be one on East Washington but I think it closed.

moulman
04-09-2005, 06:45 PM
called the few by my house. The one in keystone only had preview figures, but the other one had regular ones, so i figure ill go there sometime this week to check...

OC47150
04-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Pretty good weekend for me.

* My hobby box of ROTS cards came in the mail Friday. If you're trying to remain spoiler-free, don't buy the cards yet. There's a couple of surprises.

* Found a red guard at KB Saturday. They don't price-match so I coughed up the $7 for him. There were two and I was hoping to use the Kmart ad. :(

Picked up an extra clone trooper for opening and a Vader palm talker at Kmart. I missed out on the POTJ palm talkers and really wanted one this time.

* Got two holo Yodas at TRU this morning, as well as the collectible ROTS card tin. And my buddy picked up a clone commander figure for me.

moulman
04-10-2005, 02:40 PM
nice haul OC. Did the guard from KB have a price tag on the card? I stopped by mine and all the figs were like this.

OC47150
04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
No, on the bubble for once.

Even the figure I've bought at Kmart had the price tag on the bubble.

But damn, you have to perform surgery to get the figure out of the card, if you're wanting to keep the cards.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Actually, if you peel the tape of off one side, you can slide the Bubble out w/o damaging the card too much. I opened a preveiw Grievous this way and slightly ripped the card under Vaders head. It is unnoticeable to an untrained eye.

moulman
04-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Actually, if you peel the tape of off one side, you can slide the Bubble out w/o damaging the card too much. I opened a preveiw Grievous this way and slightly ripped the card under Vaders head. It is unnoticeable to an untrained eye.

Ya, but I bet you know its there :D . It would bug me to know that although almost no one else can see the rip, its still there

moulman
04-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Someone mentioned in another section about finding #33-40 at Kohls. The one here is still under construction, but I think there are several Kohls stores in the Indy area: in the north across from the Fashion Mall at Keystone, one in Greenwood & South Port, and another in Plainfield. There used to be one on East Washington but I think it closed.

Much thanks goes out to you Ji'dai. Stopped by my local Kohl's and picked a clone pilot, clone commander, exploding body grevious, vaders droid, and a mas ammeda. This was the good part of my Kohls adventure.

Bad part was that somehow the people at Kohls didnt use the barcode at the bottom of the figure, so that meant, Kohls pricetags on all the figures, on the cards.
But after a few minutes of carefully taking off the tags and putting them on the bubble so they could be purchased and taken off easier, all was well in my star wars world.

Again, gotta thank ya for the tip, this made my day :D

Ji'dai
04-12-2005, 12:44 PM
No problem, glad it paid off and you found some new stuff.

I keep forgetting to mention that I saw a ROTS inflatable "Hoverdisc" at Wal-Mart. I think they run about $8-9. They're kinda like a cross between a mylar balloon and a giant frisbee.

Ji'dai
04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
TRU restocked today but mostly with figures 1-32. They did get in a few cases with 33-36, but those figures were snatched up pretty quickly. I'm looking for doubles of 37-40 so no big deal. The Palpatines I saw had blue sabers.

The only new thing TRU got in today was a case of the Darth Vader talking wrestling buddy.

TRU also put out new LOTR figs. I must've missed the Eye of Sauron but I did see Gothmog and Mount Doom Sam. Rounding out this wave is Mount Doom Frodo and Dagger Throwing Legolas.

moulman
04-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Not a big weekend for collecting. Only thing I bought was a Grievous Unleashed. Im too busy planning for C3 to do any collecting :D

OC47150
04-17-2005, 01:59 PM
After reading several posts about people finding #33 and on at Kohl's, I stopped at mine to check it out. Boy, what a score! I picked up a clone pilot, Vader's medical droid, Mas Amedda and the scarlet-colored Palpy. They were on sale for $7 (regular $8).

Debating if I want to track down the female Jedi figures to get them signed at C3.

moulman
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
With all there is to do at C3, wouldnt really wanna wait in line, but they would be a cool edition to your collection.

My Silver edition Boba signed by Jeremy Bolluch and Daniel Logan is preety cool though lol

Ji'dai
04-18-2005, 02:07 PM
TRU had quite a few #33-36 figures on the pegs today. The Palpatines all had blue sabers. I'm waiting on the red saber one. I was tempted to pick up some more Clone Commanders and Pilots but I passed.

Kroger grocery stores have ROTS role play and the small-to-midsize vehicle assortment. I haven't seen any figures there yet.

moulman
04-18-2005, 04:10 PM
heh, it always seems the hard to find figures are at the places you would least expect to have them. I found 35-40 at Kohls, and i remember during AOTC, a Bespin Luke was hard to find, but I found one at CVS

Ji'dai
04-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Spotted small ROTS LEGO sets at Waldenbooks.

Suncoast has a sale on their ROTS Star Wars merchandise:
Basic figures are $5.60
Deluxe figures are $8.
Vehicles w/figure and Unleashed are $12.
12" and Jedi Starfighters are $16.

Older SW toys are also on sale (though not as cheap as the ROTS stuff) as well as Gentle Giant busts and Master Replicas mini-lightsabers.

Also spotted the Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Book of Vengeance" box set, $39.99.

Ji'dai
04-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I found some ROTS basic figs at Kroger today. They weren't priced, so I had a cashier scan one. Turns out the figs aren't in the system so she said she'd sell them to me for $4.99. So I went back and grabbed 3 Clone Commanders, a Clone Pilot, and a blue-saber Palpatine. Pretty good deal since their SAGA/OTC figs were usually $6.99.

Suncoast has X-Files Palz, which are block figures like Kubricks I think. Palz are made by Palisades and they run $7.99. They had Agents Mulder & Scully and a number of weird characters from the show: the Enigma, Flukeman, Gray Alien, etc.

Game Stop has McFarlane Conan Series 2 figures. The only one I liked from this set is the undead Egyptian priest.

---------------

EDIT: This evening's finds...

Scored some great stuff this evening! On a whim, I decided to hit the Wal-Mart in neighboring Clinton, IN. They had figures #33-40 except for the Tank Gunner, and the new Deluxe figures.

I bought a Palpatine with red saber, the Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jetpack and Darth Vader on Operating Table. I passed on the Vulture Droid and Yoda on the Can-Cell flying creature since I despise battle droids and don't really care for prequel beasts.

moulman
04-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Went to marsh today, found the mini jedi starfighter/slave 1 and the mini podracer set. Once again, Ji'dai knows the good places to score star wars stuff :D

OC47150
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Haven't had much of a chance to go hunting since getting back from C3. The weather and long lines wore me out.

Did pick up a cool vintage tri-logo ROTJ Ewok figure, Chief Chirpa, at C3, as well as the vintage Burger King glass I needed to complete my collection.

A new Meijer opened in New Albany yesterday. I'm going there in the next day or so to see what they have.

Ji'dai
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Came across #37-40 at Wal-Mart this morning. Ended up scoring two more AT-TE Tank Gunners.

TRU has the ARC-170 back in stock. Haven't seen that ship since April 2. TRU also has new LEGO Town Construction and Designer sets on shelves.

moulman
04-30-2005, 07:34 PM
just incase you havent read the post in the habro ROTS forum, apparently WMs are starting to clearance early bird kits for as low as 5 bucks. so keep an eye out for em...

OC47150
05-02-2005, 07:06 AM
A buddy called me Saturday to say he found the second wave of the ROTS deluxe sets (operating table Vader, jetpack trooper, Yoda on creature). I found the OT Vader at Target.

Stopped at the new Meijer and picked up the deluxe transforming Anakin/Vader set. It had been hard to find, hadn't seen it in a while so I bought it.

Ji'dai
05-02-2005, 03:01 PM
The local WM still has an endcap full of the Early Bird sets; they are still $30. Forgot to mention that I saw Mace Windu's purple lightsaber for the first time at WM last Friday.

GameStop has Master Replica's F/X lightsabers, but they only had Vader's left. I played with the blue one they had on display.

OC47150
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm curious to know if your WMs carry the titaium series vehicles. Mine don't and I've only seen them at a WM that did a tent sale on April 2.

They're cool and I'd like to get a couple. I could order online, if necessary.

Ji'dai
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
My WM still has quite a few Titaniums on the pegs; they are $4.97. What ones are you looking to get?

I'm seeing more Sneak Preview on the pegs again so I'm buying more Wookie Warriors. I bought my sixth [and last] one today so that'll give me five loose. I figure I'll get five of the new Wookie Warriors if/when I see them so I'll have a pretty decent 10-fig Wookie army.

I'm also seeing quite a few #33-36 on the pegs. I've already got my quota of Commanders (6) but I wish the Pilots had removable helmets. I have four now, so I may break down and buy two more.

OC47150
05-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Jedi starfighter and Slave 1 primarily.

If I don't find them here in another week or so, I'll take you up on your offer.

Ji'dai
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
The Slave I is probably popular among Fett fans so it might be hard to find. I did see that one at the Greencastle WM yesterday. I'll check to see if the local WM still has any Slave I's tomorrow.

Spotted the 12" Jedi Chicks at Wal-Mart in Clinton today. Barris Offee is awfully pale for a green alien. I passed on both, they're kind of bland.

OC47150
05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd appreciate that. I have a Jango/Boba Fett shrine on top of my DVD cabinets. The TS would be a nice addition to it.

I'm planning on buying the 12" female Jedi for that reason -- female Jedi. May not see any more like them.

A guy at C3 spent $40 on the 12" Shaak Ti in the vendor room to have the Shaak Ti actress sign it.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Went out Saturday specifically looking for the Target exclusive clone trooper (no dice at four stores; had phone reports from two others and nada). Ran into one of my fellow club members who told me one of the local WMs had marked figures down to $3.99.

I picked up a couple of battle droids, clone pilot, Ani and Obi-Wan (now dueling on top of the TV) and exploding Grevious for opening.

Planning on going back later in the week or next weekend to fill out the holes in my collection.

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Damn already clearancing these out. Think they would wait until after the movie.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I was surprised by that, too. But, hey, I'm going to take advantage of it!

More of a 'price reduction' deal. No green clearance tags to be found, and everything else SW related is regular price.

Ji'dai
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I was hoping the figures might go on sale closer to the movie release. I've only bought seven out of the first 32 figures so if the price drops I may buy more.

OC, let me know if you can't find those two Titaniums in your area. I should be able to get the Slave I and JSF locally if you need them.

TRU had four different Battle Arenas on shelves today, $19.99. First time I've seen them. TRU also has the polybagged LEGO MINI ARC-170 fighter on shelves for $4.99.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 11:10 AM
A fellow collector sent an email saying the prices have been adjusted back to $5.24. There are still a few figures at $4 but not as many as before.

Still, I'll check it out this weekend again.

Yes, if you don't mind picking up those two for me, Ji,dai. I'd appreciate it.

Ji'dai
05-10-2005, 03:12 PM
The local WM supercenter has a nifty new Star Wars display as you walk in the store on the dry goods side. These shelves are usually stocked with impulse/seasonal items. In the past, movie toys have been located on a temp display in the main aisle in front of checkout.

But I saw lots of role-play stuff and several ROTS display trays filled with figures. Some of the first 32 but also quite a few 33-36 and remnants of 37-40. Someone already swiped the Tank Gunners. Still no sign of 41+
---------
I picked up the Titaniums you needed, OC. Send me a PM with your address so I can get a shipping quote.

OC47150
05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Meijer had a cool display in the grocery section. There was a starfighter suspended from the ceiling, and I think it was inflatable. It was different.

Ji'dai
05-13-2005, 03:11 PM
WM has temp mobile shelving with ROTS stuff on it in the main aisle in front of the checkouts. I was really hoping to score some 41+ but it looked like all they put out were more 1-36 and some 37-40. I did buy three more Royal Guards, 2 blue and 1 red.

KM has a large display near the entrance but no figures, their figure selection back in toys sucks.

TRU is packed with 1-36 with a few 37-40. Saw the new redeco Jedi Starfighter with Anakin pilot figure for $29.99.

I have yet to see any figures above #40 in this area.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I saw the new wave of Galactic Heroes packs at TRU as well: Mace/Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid/Clone, and Chewbacca/Flying R2.

Sam's Club has The Simpsons "Bart Wars" and Family Guy 2-DVD bundle. The Simspons episodes feature Star Wars references as well as Simpsons/SW cover artwork. I dunno about the Family Guy eps.

OC47150
05-13-2005, 03:16 PM
The TRU starfighter will be $10 - $15 cheaper by end of summer. I can wait.

Gonna check out a couple of stores tonight and tomorrow.

Ji'dai
05-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Still haven't seen 41+. Although most of the retailers here have sales on SW merchandise. TRU is the best value this week with figures down to 4.99. KM has a 10% Off sale and figures are 5.44.

I also discovered an interesting promotion at K-Mart today sponsored by the retailer and Pepsi. It's a life-size plush Yoda. There was one on display at my local store. He's pretty cool, looks like something from the Muppet Show. I attached a pic of the entry form.

moulman
05-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Looks exactly like the C3 exclusive they sold for $50

OC47150
05-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Most SW toys at Target are on sale, too. Unleashed are $12.49, and the deluxe sets are $8.49. I might have to pick up a couple of them this week.

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
I finally came across 41-44 at Wal-Mart today. I passed on the Destroyer Droid, but I ended up with a fairly major haul:

#41 SA Clone x6
#42 Neimoidian Warrior x6
#43 Wookie Warrior x6 (2 Tan / 4 Dk Brown)

I got them to match the TRU sale price of 4.99. After fumbling the first attempt, the cashier ended up scanning one Neimoidian 17 times. I recounted my figs out in the parking lot and came up with 18 so I ended up getting one free.

I bought every SA Clone and all but one or two Neimoidian WM had. I only found two of the light brown Wookie Warriors, the rest were all dark brown. The Wooks were the most numerous, there were still a half dozen dark brown ones left after I was through. I bought several Episode I Destroyer Droids on clearance at TRU for 1.97 a few years ago so I don't think I'm going to pick up this new one.

That K-Mart plush Yoda give-away ends May 22 so get your entries in.

OC47150
05-17-2005, 02:46 PM
What a haul!!

I picked up the wookie last night. Didn't know about the variant until this morning.

The Ep. 1 destroyer droid is the best one released, IMO. I picked up several of the deluxe destroyer droid sets on clearance because the droid didn't have the firing feature.

Ji'dai
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Which color Wookie Warrior did you get? Although it's still early, I've only seen 2 light brown/blonde ones, the rest were the darker brown. I wonder if the blonde ones are short-packed.

I hit Wal-Mart again today and found four more #41 SA Clones. I have ten of 'em now :D

moulman
05-18-2005, 07:37 PM
snikes Ji'dai, save a lil for the rest of us:D

Ji'dai
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Before seeing ROTS this morning, I hit WM again and snagged another 2 SA Clones and 2 blonde Wookie Warriors. I did leave a couple of SA Clones on the pegs so I'm not all that greedy :D I did see quite a few blonde Wookies today so I was able to get what I needed.

WM also has tons of PEZ dispensers. Rather good thing I don't collect them.

Great week so far, in three days I've amassed 12 SA Clones, 8 Wookies (4 of each color), and 6 Neimoidians. I doubt I'll get any more figures from this wave.

Thank goodness for the TRU ad, which I took to WM each time and got them to price match at 4.99. Ironically, I still haven't seen anything new at TRU at all this week.

OC47150
05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I have the blonde (or vanilla, as some call it) Wookie.

Picked up an extra Neo warrior the other night.

Ji'dai
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I saw the #36 Grevious variations today. It's just a tray change with the lightsaber on either GG's left or right. Still haven't seen the #2 Anakin with Dooku saber.

I also spotted ROTS "dome" tents and children's fishin' poles with tackle boxes in sporting goods at Wal-Mart today!

The tents are pretty neat looking and can be used indoors or out. There were two styles, one with Vader with the lava/flames color scheme and another with the Kenobi/Skywalker duel with a blue color scheme.

Man, what's next?! You know, I wouldn't mind some Star Wars illuminated airblown lawn inflatables :D

OC47150
05-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Target is advertising a Darth Vader lawn sprinkler for the kiddies in this week's ad.

I found four SA clone troopers at the NA Target Saturday. Bought all of 'em, and opened one for a ROTS diorama I created. Very cool. I might have to customize one of these guys into a shock trooper.

Also bought one of the Target exclusive Micro Machine sets (the A-wing). Very nice.

plokoon421
05-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I saw the new deluxe 3.75's for the first time in indy. I picked up the Vader on operating table, but KB castleton sq had lots of Vaders, Yoda on Can-Can, and clone trooper with jetpack. Too bad I had to pay $11.99!

I opened this one just because it looked too cool, I love the helmet! Looks a little like super old school Vader when posed with saber.

...Still looking for a SA Clone#41

Ji'dai
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Found the #2 Anakin with Dooku saber today. Kinda glad I passed on most of the these early figures.

Waiting on the Tarkin wave to hit.

plokoon421
05-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Finally found 2 #41 SA Clones at eastside walmart. They had lots of Nemodian warriors, destroyer droids, and both colors of wookie.

moulman
05-26-2005, 04:00 PM
/woot someone who in Indiana that lives decently close to where i do!

echo1six
05-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Wow been 3 years since i started this thread, i've been out of the loop for quite a while. Im currently deployed to Afghanistan but will be back home in about 2 months. The locals over here already have bootlegs of star wars floating around. Any way look forward to doing some trading when i get back. i have a massive collection with much to trade, im gonna be needing all the clasic trilogy stuff i have everything from the freeze frame figures up to the saga figures. Stinks to be over here but i have my wife doing some star wars shopping for me while im gone.

moulman
05-30-2005, 09:17 AM
any way you could pick me up one of those bootlegs?;)

Im just kidding, there probablly of poor quality, guess Ill have to shell out the 8 bucks to go see it again:D

OC47150
05-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Stay safe over there and come back in one piece, Echo1Six!

echo1six
06-01-2005, 12:25 AM
my bootleg is excelent quality other than the fact there is a counter at the top of the screen for the entire movie. Im not one to pedle bootlegs though. I heard George Lucas sent 50 VHS copies to Afghanistan and Iraq for the troops to watch i think thats how they leaked out. The Afghans over here are rip off masters they rip off, computer games, movies, playstation games, rolex watches. the going rate for any kind of DVD or CD is 2.50 per disk.

well i will list a few things from memory that i have to trade maybe someone on this forum can help me out. i have to go through all my stuff its boxed up.

what i need :
jawa sand crawler
imperial shuttle (FAO)
target vader and clone trooper
all the original trilogy stuff released after saga.
some of the last waves of saga figures.

what i have to barter with:

AT-AT loose or mib
AT-ST mib (toy--r-us)
Y-wing (target) loose or MIB
Skiff (target) loose or MIB
B-wing (target) loose or MIB
The boxed aniverasy boba fett MIB
dark trooper expanded universe
target accesory packs with biker scout, rebel, death star trooper
i have like 200 loose figures and several extra carded figures
30 loose stormtroopers all types

i will have to go through my figs when i get home and make a good list.

Kidhuman
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I got ya some OTC doubles, scanning crew and biker scout, both MOC. Pm me if interested. Please, when you make a list, stick it in the trading section. Thanks

KH.

plokoon421
06-03-2005, 02:54 AM
I have an extra target clone trooper and OTC Pablo Jill, I am looking for Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto from the clone wars line (not the animated) or phantom menace Watto's Box cinema scene

OC47150
06-03-2005, 07:09 AM
I have an extra target clone trooper and OTC Pablo Jill, I am looking for Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto from the clone wars line (not the animated) or phantom menace Watto's Box cinema scene

You do know that a boxed CW figure set is coming out later this year? Ventress is included in it, and I think it's the same sculpt as the CW one.

The only new figure in the set is an Obi-Wan with snap-on armor.

plokoon421
06-04-2005, 01:33 AM
You do know that a boxed CW figure set is coming out later this year? Ventress is included in it, and I think it's the same sculpt as the CW one.

The only new figure in the set is an Obi-Wan with snap-on armor.

Yeah I saw that box. Its the Jedi v. Sith box correct. The Obi-Wan in Clone trooper armor looks great.

Has anyone seen anything higher than 56 or the 500th Vader in Indiana yet?I really want the burnt like a weenie Anakin

OC47150
06-04-2005, 05:21 AM
Too busy with work this week to go looking.

I pre-ordered the 500th from starwarsshop.com or someplace like two months ago. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Kidhuman
06-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah I saw that box. Its the Jedi v. Sith box correct. The Obi-Wan in Clone trooper armor looks great.

Has anyone seen anything higher than 56 or the 500th Vader in Indiana yet?I really want the burnt like a weenie Anakin

Only up to 47 has been spotted. Anakin is #50. 500th Vader is supposed to be out this summer.

Ji'dai
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
I've only seen figures 1-44 and Deluxe waves 1 & 2. I still haven't seen the Mustafar playset.

I think the salad days are over. Local stores have downsized their displays if they had 'em. The WM here has fully stocked pegs, but they're all pegwarmers. The 'bad' kind of pegwarmers too - minor, secondary characters such as Mon Mothma, Tarfful, red Palpatine, Bail Organa, Clone Pilot, and Jedi.

TRU does have a larger selection than WM but their prices are higher. They also don't get in product as quickly as WM does either. K-Mart's 6.99 figure prices didn't deter people from getting the main characters here during the movie release, but I pity them for paying seven dollars a figure. I won't do it.

The main characters were pegwarming until the movie hit, then kids probably snatched them up. Even Clone Commanders, once a common sight, are disappearing. I'm betting collectors are just buying them so they don't go home empty handed.

At least at WM, the bad thing is the pegs are full so there's no room for new stuff. If new figures are stocked, it will be piecemeal, a few at a time, one new fig at the end of a peg full of Bail Organas. Those new figs will be sniped pretty quickly, so you almost have to be in store shortly after re-stocking.

OC47150
06-06-2005, 07:59 AM
My WMs and Targets haven't downsized yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Neo warriors and destroyer droids were plentiful when I went to WM yesterday.

Ji'dai
06-08-2005, 11:19 AM
WM had the newest wave of Galactic Heroes; the Early Bird has been marked down to $20.

TRU actually got in new stuff, which figures since I haven't been checking there. Bascially 37-40 en masse, plus a few 41-44. All the Tank Gunners were gone, however. Also spotted the Mustafar playset for the first time. Seemed small, I thought the box would be bigger, or at least as big as the Arena playset box.

OC47150
06-15-2005, 07:15 AM
The titanium series finally (!) found its way to the New Albany WM! I hid one of the Republic gunships; I hope it's still there later today.

I bought two AT-TE gunners that were hanging on the pegs. Haven't seen them in about a month. I'm going to use the gunner's head for a custom clone commander or SA trooper. The head joint is a little different on the gunner and SA trooper, and it was a project I didn't want to get too involved in late last night.

Ji'dai
06-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm seeing more Tank Gunners too. I saw three last week at TRU but passed on them since I'm refusing to support any Hasbro retailers who aren't significantly discounting the MSRP. Wal-Mart has been getting all my business since the week of April 2. But even at $5.24, basic figures are fifty cents too high, IMO.

I did see some new stuff today -

Brazil Wal-Mart
- Wave 3 Deluxe, I passed on all of 'em. Spotted both versions of the Clone Trooper army 3-pack (all white and maroon stripe). Stass Allie is pure crap. Horrible facial sculpt and paint apps.
- About a dozen Tank Gunners! I bought three.
- Lots of blue Royal Guards; I bought the only red one I could find.

Greencastle Super Wal-Mart
- Wave 3 Deluxe except the all-white Clone 3-pack were gone. Seems people must be getting this one rather than the maroon stripe one (saw three of those on the pegs).

Still no sign of Tarkin and the alien Senators

OC47150
06-15-2005, 01:00 PM
A friend picked up Ask Aak/Aak Ask and Stass Allie for me.

AA's robes will be good for customizing generic senators.

Stass Allie isn't the greatest but the body would be good for customizing generic female Jedi.

The royal guards are still few and far between. Haven't seen any since early April. Glad I bought my one red guard at KB!

OC47150
06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Nothing new to report but I stopped at Target last night and noticed the 'price reduction' tag on basic figures was gone. Figures are $5.99 again.

Is it the same up there?

Kidhuman
06-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Its the same everywhere. Lots of places have reported the figs are 5.99 again. I have seen it too.

Ji'dai
06-17-2005, 08:11 PM
No Targets in my general vicinity. Basic figs at the local Wal-Mart are $5.24; TRU $5.99, K-Mart $6.99.

moulman
06-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Stopped by my local WM on thursday-had quite a few Tarkins and quite a few Mustafar Anakins

OC47150
06-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Hit the jackpot over the weekend. Found the green clone trooper 3-pack and the variation of the Mon Cal senator at the NA WM. I didn't know about the variation until I called a buddy from the store to see if he needed the 3-pack.

The paint difference is very obvious on the variation. Much lighter skin tone.

Ji'dai
06-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I saw a lone #48 R2 at Wal-Mart today but that was about it. Must've put that wave out over the weekend so I missed it.

Ji'dai
06-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Wal-Mart had the new Force Battlers, but I only Chewbacca was left.

TRU had more 37-40 with a half dozen Tank Gunners and couple red Royal Guards.

Still haven't seen 45-50 aside from a lone #48.

OC47150
06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
The pickings are slim down here. Went out after work last night and didn't see anything new, other than the Force Battlers. Target had Mace and Chewie.

Other than that, nada. Even the vehicles are starting to be hard to find.

Ji'dai
06-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I am having a hard time finding new stuff. Apparently my Wal-Mart is only stocking on Sunday and it seems like they only put a case out at a time 'cause by the time I get there Monday nearly everthing is gone. I saw a #48 R2 last Monday and I found a #50 Anakin (crispy) today. I rearranged their pegs today and left like a dozen pegs empty. Maybe the dept. mgr. will take the hint and put more stuff out.

OC47150
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
#48 - 50 have been spotted in the Louisville area but not on my side of the river.

Nothing new, really. A lot of the basic figures are now hard to come by.

The Neo warrior is definitely a peg warmer!

Ji'dai
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Saw Force Battlers Mace, Chewie, and Clone Trooper at Wal-Mart today.

WM also got in a shipment of M&Ms mPire 2-pack figure sets. They were piled in storage boxes on a shelf in the ride-on toy aisle, so they weren't technically ready for sale. I scanned one and apparently they're not in the system yet. They had Fett/Solo, Luke/Leia, Amidala/R2/3PO, and Maul/Dooku. The packaging is attractive and the figurines are cute, but I don't like preposed non-articulated figures.

Still haven't seen Tarkin, the Senators, and Bacara.

OC47150
07-01-2005, 06:57 AM
I will have to go look for the Mpire figures.

I bought a couple of the single M&M figures; believe they are Meijer exclusives. Is the paint job better on the Mpire figures?

Ji'dai
07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't have a Meijer locally, but there are a few in the Indianapolis area. Did Hasbro make the exclusive M&M figures that you bought? Hasbro does make the mPire figures and the sculpts/paint jobs are comparable to Galactic Heroes quality. Like all toys, you just gotta sit and compare them in store to find the best looking ones.

Sucker that I am, I did buy the mPire figures today; they rang up 6.88 each. Now I need the second wave...

Ji'dai
07-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Stopped by TRU today and they had the Galactic Heroes dune buggy plus the second wave of mPire figure packs.

Also spotted the new McFarlane Military line at TRU, but I'm not interested in them.

OC47150
07-06-2005, 07:27 AM
There's one or two figures in the new McFarlane military line I want. I'll be on the lookout.

I'm almost sure the single Mpire figures were Meijer exclusives. The ones I've seen lately have had ripped/torn packaging and not worth picking up. If there's five or six on the shelf, you might find one with a decent package.

Target is starting to clearance some SW stuff. I picked up a 12" clone trooper for $17, and saw the 12" Emperor for $14, but I passed on him.

Also picked up the crab droid but haven't opened him yet.

Ji'dai
07-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I picked up the last 500 Vader at TRU today; $16.99. I dunno, another Vader figure just doesn't excite me I guess. The top plastic shell is pretty thick and durable but it's not clear. The little lever that raises/lowers Vader's helmet works well though.

I stopped in Kroger today to find all the ROTS toys 75% off. I bought all they had: 2 Clone Pilots and 3 Super Battle Droids for $1.25 each, and Grievous Wheelbike for $5. The small vehicles (AT-RT, Boba, BARC) were sold out, but they were only $3.75 each! The Vader Voice Changers were $7.50 and the TV lightsaber game was $11 (down from $45). I wish I'd gotten there sooner.

OC47150
07-11-2005, 06:47 AM
I pre-ordered the 500th Vader, and it arrived the other week. It's a nice figure.

I never check Kroger. I might have to stop there tonight.

Pretty dry otherwise down here.

Ji'dai
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Wal-Mart has raised their basic figure prices to $5.88, up from $5.24. Not that they have much of anything to buy but pegwarmers anyway. I'm seriously considering stopping collecting. These 3-3/4" figures are just not worth $6-7 each.

After reading reports of the Evolutions sets being found, I decided to stop by K-Mart. Their SW section sucked as usual, which is why I rarely go here. However, I did see a pallet of toys in the main aisle, and sure enough, I spotted a case with 'E3 Evol' on it. I opened it up and there were four Anakin to Vader sets inside. They run $21.99. It's a neat set, but I really want the Clone to Stormtrooper one the most.

This packaging really reminds of Easter candy. I almost expect to see chocolate peanut butter eggs in those little windows.

Evolutions: Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader

http://uploads.bardiir.de/2005071221223267828.jpg

Accessories under the flap:

http://uploads.bardiir.de/2005071221223367829.jpg

OC47150
07-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm going to Kmart tonight so I'll check.

Funny that you mentioned the price, 'cause Target (at least the NA store) dropped the figure price back to $5.24.

Kidhuman
07-12-2005, 11:25 PM
They are still 5.99 in Va at Target. WM raised back to 5.88

OC47150
07-13-2005, 06:54 AM
Other than the Palm Pals, nothing at my Kmart.

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Nothing new on the SW front today.

I did see Family Guy figures "Peter vs. Chicken" ($24.99) and "Deluxe Talking Stewie" ($39.99) at Suncoast though. Cute, but expensive.

TRU has new LEGO Bionicle and mini-fig scale Dino Attack sets. The Dino Attack sets are friggin' cool as hell. I first saw them in the Shop@Home catalog I got last week. TRU had the Iron Predator vs. T-Rex, which is a tank-tread vehicle and neat-looking T-Rex with light-up eyes and tongue. The other set was the Fire Hammer vs. Mutant Lizards, which is a kind of Hummer-like vehicle. It was $20 so I may have to pick that up.

OC47150
07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Target is clearancing out GI Joes. I picked up the 12" Air Force sniper (Asian head sculpt) and FBI rescuer (black mask). The FBI figure is a super articulated figure and the head sculpt is a favorite of mine too. The mask/hood is removable.

If you're a fan of the Resident Evil movies, I might throw together a rescuer from #2 using one of the figures.

Ji'dai
07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Nah, I'm not into video games any more. The last one I got was Shadows of the Empire for N64! I've never collected custom figures either, but thanks for offering.

I forgot to mention that the Wal-Mart here finally put out some pegs for the mPire figures. However, all the ones they had left today had the little plastic J-hooks ripped off 'em. These figure packs are just too heavy to hang from pegs. They fall off the pegs and get dented or the plastic hooks are ripped off. The bad thing is there'll probably end up being a lot of damaged mPire sets taking up valuable shelf space.

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
TRU had the "Ultimate Lightsaber: Build Your Own Lightsaber" ($34.99) kit this morning. Looks like more the same role-play lightsabers Hasbro has been offering for years. Kids will probably love it.

Also spotted those ROTS figure "value 2-packs" at TRU ($8.97). Saw a few Bail/Tank Gunner combos but most were Jedi fodder.

OC47150
07-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I'll have to be on the lookout for the value packs. I like the tank gunner's Jango head and helmet but the body sucks for customizing. The SA clone is so much superior.

Tomorrow, my friends and I are heading the the Ohio SW club's summer meeting. It's a big deal, and I'm looking forward to it. It's in Cincy. We're stopping at The Earth, TRU and a few other stores on the way up and back.

OC47150
07-20-2005, 07:32 AM
I saw the Vader Evolutions at the Jeff Kmart last night. I passed; it was $21.99 and I've read reports where it's cheaper at other stores.

I did buy the Mpire set with Han and Fett. It was too cool!

OC47150
07-25-2005, 06:57 AM
The Clarksville Target's SW section is being taken over by other toys. Nothing new there in weeks/months. I'm just counting down the days till the new store opens.

The New Albany Target had the newest MM sets. Very nice. I will eventually get those.

A friend sold me crispy Anakin over the weekend. He had an extra.

The 500th Vaders are hitting the area but still hit or miss. They're selling out fast. Glad I ordered mine.

Figures #51 - 53 have showed up in Louisville, too.

Ji'dai
07-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I picked up a Darth Tater at Kroger today for two bucks. It was the only Star Wars item they had left. Looks like they got in a case or two of Fantastic Four movie figs but the Sues were gone.

I've pretty much given up on looking for figures. I think I'll stick with LEGO collecting, product is always easy to find and even exclusives are available through the catalog. Less frustrating hobby I think.

OC47150
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
I visited 3 or 4 Kroger but only one was big enough to have a toy section, and, of course, there was nothing.

Great bargin on Tater. I'm going to get him eventually.

I'm thinking about hitting a section of town this weekend I normally go to. It's kinda far out there, and that helps in finding harder to find stuff.

If not this weekend, definitely next.

moulman
07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I picked up a Darth Tater at Kroger today for two bucks. It was the only Star Wars item they had left. Looks like they got in a case or two of Fantastic Four movie figs but the Sues were gone.

I've pretty much given up on looking for figures. I think I'll stick with LEGO collecting, product is always easy to find and even exclusives are available through the catalog. Less frustrating hobby I think.

Thats exactly what ive done...Its a hella lot easier to collect/find legos than to spend a lot of time tracking down one particular figure

OC47150
07-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Things are looking up in the south!

A buddy called me to say Target had new figures. He didn't say which one, and I went to the wrong one at lunch. I went to a second Target after work and picked up Capt. Antilles and the Utap warrior. When my friend called, the young Jedi kid was there, as well as Tarkin, the Mon Cal senator and Aak Ask.

I received my mileage reimbursement check from work today, so I have extra play money for the weekend when I hit the south side of Louisville! Would really like to find the Yoda/Palpy Unleashed.

Ji'dai
08-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Wal-Mart had a few #6 & #41 Clones, Vaders, Yoda, etc. Nothing I haven't seen before. It's just too hard to compete with other collectors when the store is open 24 hours.

K-Mart had several 500 Vaders ($17.99) and a lone Bacara, but at seven bucks I passed. Quickly.

TRU had the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter ($24.99); also passed.

OC47150
08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
The Clarksville Target had the new Jedi/Sith packs. Nice set. The Obi Wan and snap-on armor would be the big reason to get it. Shirtless Anakin looked like a new sculpt; couldn't tell on Grevious and Ventress. Yoda was definitely not new.

It was $25.

Ji'dai
08-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I did see new Unleashed (Asajj, Sidious vs. Yoda, & Vader) at K-Mart today. I don't collect this line but they are hitting.

OC47150
08-08-2005, 07:17 AM
I found the red clone trooper three-pack on Saturday at Target. The peg eyelet was torn but that's OK. I know this is one set in high demand.

Found a second green clone trooper three-pack at Meijer on Saturday, too. Now I can open one! :D

Looks like the deluxe sets are hitting the stores en masse again.

Knightfall
08-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I work at the KB in Green Tree Mall, and we just got in quite a few black Clone Pilots, AT-TE Tank Gunners, Bacaras, and Mustafar Anis. Finally scored a swank Gunner courtesy of my mad employee discount!:thumbsup: They're up for grabs to anyone who shows up early tomorrow, I guess...Clarksville Target also had some Evolutions ($19.99) and 500th Vaders($14.99) earlier today; no more Battle Packs though.

OC47150
08-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Ji'dai
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Suncoast has their Star Wars stuff on clearance. You get 50% off the sale price, so it might be worth checking out. I picked up a LEGO Jedi Starfighter vs. Vulture Droid for $7.50. That was the only LEGO set they had unfortunately.

I did order the LEGO UCS Snowspeeder from KB Toys and got it last week. It was on sale for $99. The Snowspeeder has been out for a couple of years now and it may go out of production soon. I think I'll pre-order the UCS Y-Wing from TRU.com; it's on sale for $119 and ships in October.

OC47150
08-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I was at Suncoast the other night but didn't see any SW merchandise, other than calendars.

I did pick up one of the Lego mini AT-ATs at TRU for $3.50. It was that green tag sale they're having.

moulman
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
ya i also heard about the ucs snowspeeder going out of production; if you guys are interested, brickbros.net is having a pre-order on a few UCS sets; Star Destroyer for $249, Y-wing for $109, and the TIE collection for $60...Im considering buying the SD, that is, if I can find the room for it.

heres a link tho (http://www.brickbros.net/acatalog/)

OC47150
08-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Good weekend. I found the Ventress Unleashed at the New Albany WM on Saturday, and a friend picked up the Vader and Yoda/Palpy Unleashed for me earlier in the week.

Of the three, the Yoda/Palpy is my favorite. Need to reinforce Vader on the steps just a bit.

Also bought the 12" Shaak Ti and Barris off of a friend. I really wanted those two.

Ji'dai
08-26-2005, 07:24 PM
brickbros.net is having a pre-order on a few UCS sets; Star Destroyer for $249, Y-wing for $109, and the TIE collection for $60...Im considering buying the SD, that is, if I can find the room for it.

That's a good deal on the Y-Wing. I thought about ordering the ISD from BrickBros, but then I noticed that both TRU.com and Wal-Mart.com is going to carry the set. TRU.com has percent-off sales and Wal-Mart.com may discount it when they clearance it out.

I've seen ROTS Unleashed (Anakin/Obi-Wan) on clearance at Wal-Mart for $5 each. The 12" figures, including the Jedi chicks, have been moved to the clearance aisle too but they were still full price.

moulman
08-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Where did you see the ISD lego at Walmart.com? I couldnt find it there when I check just a little while ago.

Still keeping my eyes out for cheap legos. Over on FBTB (I go there every now and then), Ive read reports about people getting Clone Tanks for 20 dollars...Id pick up about 2 if i saw them for that price

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 11:59 AM
If you want cheap Legos follow this advice. Go to Wal-Mart 2-3 days before Christmas. Get what you need and put them on lay-a-way. They usually hit clearance the day after Christmas. I have gotten hailfire droid, Jango's Slave 1, Falcon, AT-TE all for under thirty bucks.

Ji'dai
08-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Where did you see the ISD lego at Walmart.com? I couldnt find it there when I check just a little while ago. This is the link for Imperial Star Destroyer (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=4016555) on Wal-Mart.com. No guarantee that it'll go on sale or clearance but who knows?

Some WM's around here have moved ROTS LEGO to the clearance aisles already, others have not. I did see a Turbo Tank (missing the light-up figs) in the clearance aisle at one WM but it was still full price.

moulman
08-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the link, ill keep my fingers crossed that it goes on clearance. Who knows, maybe it'll hit stores.

OC47150
08-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Haven't really had much of a chance to go looking in the last week for various reasons (work schedule, lack of funds). The Han/Fett/Yoda wave of Target cups are hitting the stores again.

The big Labor Day flea market is this weekend. I plan to hit that.

Ji'dai
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
I went to Super Wal-Mart today and saw the new JediForce figures, Luke, Han, maybe someone else. Han Solo has removable Stormtrooper armor. That store is a mess. They repainted the exterior and the entire toy section is completely jumbled with shelving pushed every which way. I can't see them putting new stuff on the floor until this reorganization is complete. I did notice that the new planograms for the LEGO aisle have all the ROTS sets still listed. The small WM's are clearancing many of those sets out. I bought a LEGO Vader Transformation set.

WM also had Halloween candy (M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, etc) with Star Wars Ep3 graphics. I also saw a Vader costume for the family dog to go Trick-or-Treating in. Yes, for the dog.

K-Mart had the Throne Room gift pack ($25). I don't know why Hasbro put the old SAGA Red Royal Guard in it and not the highly sought after ROTS one.

OC47150
08-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Either one is better than the POTF2 salt shaker Royal Guard. :)

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 04:03 PM
I dunno, I didn't mind the POTF2 Royal Guard, I bought a bunch on clearance one year.

TRU has the Falcon in the new box. No lava, but it ties in with ROTS stuff. I also saw the Hoth Assault pack ($25). It's got 2 POTF2 & 1 SAGA Snowtrooper, Probe Droid, tripod cannon, and the AT-AT Commander that came with the AT-AT. Interesting thing is the vintage Kenner AT-AT Commander is pictured on the back of the box, and not the newer version.

The new wave of Titaniums are out too. I saw the Naboo Starfighter, Swamp Speeder, ARC-170, Landspeeder, and TIE Bomber. I thought the Sandcrawler was going to be re-released too, but I didn't see it.

EDIT: Also saw a WM with quite a few of those horrid Battle Arenas on clearance for five bucks each. WM couldn't pay me five bucks to take 'em.

OC47150
09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
I found pilot Obi Wan, the newest R2 and the tank gunner at the New Albany Meijer Friday night. Bought two of the Obi Wans. This is the figure I wanted the most, and it's great! In all my excitement, I shredded the package in getting it open.

Going to the flea market on Monday, or at least planning to. Heard there's a vendor there selling figures for $3. Hopefully, there'll be something left.

Knightfall
09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
KB got several new cases last night. If memory serves, two Mustafar Sentry, three Obi-Wan pilot, and one green Clone Commander should still be there. There are also several DX Clone Trooper Armies and one Rebuild Darth Vader if anyone still needs those.

moulman
09-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Theres no old sw lego sets at that KB, are there Knightfall?

Knightfall
09-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Nah. We hardly have any Lego at all, not even the ROTS ones.

Ji'dai
09-12-2005, 03:28 PM
K-Mart has the ROTS Jedi Temple multi-pack ($25) with Anakin & the blue Clone troopers. I liked the blue troopers but passed on the set.

Haven't seen much in the way of new basic figs, but then again I'm not looking as much as I used to do. The pegs are pretty much bare whenever I hit stores.

OC47150
09-12-2005, 03:33 PM
I saw three of the multi-packs at Target over the weekend. I can wait until clearance.

The NA Target had the deluxe Grevious, which I hadn't seen for months, so I bought that. The store also had the exclusive star case pack but I passed as well.

Need to check out a couple of Kmarts. Haven't been there in a while.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 08:37 AM
I found the Jett Zukasa figure and an Utap warrior at the NA Meijer on Saturday. Hadn't seen Jett before and heard he was hard to find, so I bought him.

Saw the Emperor's throne room set at the NA Kmart, too. You'd think Hasbro would include at least one new figure in these sets. I can wait until clearance.

Knightfall
09-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I think you meant Zett Jukassa, OC. Jett's the real kid.;)

My store's getting a load of 500th Vaders tomorrow for anyone interested, and we've had the Asajj/Vader/Emperor vs. Yoda Unleashed wave for a while now--surprising that hardly anyone's touched them.

OC47150
09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
That's what I meant.

Didn't see too much this weekend. The green clone commanders were plentiful at a couple of stores, as were the blue clone trooper 3-packs.

Just waiting on the new stuff to hit.

OC47150
10-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Went out on a late-night toy run with a couple of buddies and hit the jackpot. Found the shock trooper, wookie commando, turbo tank driver and the sith eyes Anakin variant.

I have to do that a little more often. It was fun!

Ji'dai
10-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Spotted Bly, Gree, Wook Commando, Clone Cmdr & Neimoidian repaints at Wal-Mart today; $4.77 each. Also saw the Jedi vs. Separatists and Rebel vs. Empire box sets. I passed on everything since I stopped collecting Hasbro's stuff.

Suncoast had a couple of Anakin-Vader Evolutions sets so you might check in there for the other two.

I ordered LEGO Cloud City and a handful of other sets a few days ago so I should be getting them this week.

Ji'dai
10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Stopped by Sam's Club to get a new tire and saw the new exclusive Mustafar playset and ARC-170 with figures. Hasbro should've included red shocktroopers with the Mustafar playset instead of the white #41 Clones.

OC47150
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
The latest Target exclusives have reportedly been found in my area. I haven't had the time to go look, but will this weekend.

OC47150
10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I bought the new Target exclusive Mustafar Vader figure. There were two on the shelf, no sign of Obi-Wan.

My hobby box of ROTS WV trading cards arrived over the weekend, too. Got an Amy Allen autograph card out of it, so it was worth the price. ::pleased:

Knightfall
10-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Check out the new Target off Veteran's Parkway. Scored myself a couple of 501st/Tactical Ops Troopers there today. I'm a little disappointed he's based on the AT-TE Gunner, but it's not like I'll ever find the K-Mart set, anyway. They also had Wookiee Heavy Gunner, R4, Holo Aayla, Holo Plo Koon, and Blue Senate Guard in abundance, as well as Jedi vs. Separatists, Jedi vs. Sith, and Rebels vs. Empire Battle Packs. No sign of the Lava Anakin and Obi, though.

OC47150
10-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Appreciated the tip, Knightfall. I picked up the Wookie heavy gunner at Target, and the Neo commander at WM. Also picked up an extra Utap warrior and Wookie commando for opening.

The C'ville Kmart only had the Emperor's throne room.

I plan to check the Jeff and NA Kmarts later this week.

Ji'dai
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Spotted the Wookie Flyer for the first time at K-Mart ($17) and Wal-Mart has the Playskool plush lightsabers, which feature sound effects.

OC47150
10-13-2005, 08:50 AM
When I was at Target the other night, I overheard someone talk about getting a truck the next day. I went back last night and jackpot! I found the two new Separatist figures, Cat Miin and Pagules, the lava Obi-Wan and the Coruscant attack set.

I had my hands on the newest Grevious bodyguard but I put him down. The paint job wasn't the greatest.

Knightfall
10-15-2005, 10:42 AM
KB's shipping sheet for the next truck lists two cases of Star Wars figures. Here's hoping they're full of #57-68.

Ji'dai
10-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Spotted the Titanium Series ActionFleet scale X-Wing and Rep. Gunship at Wal-Mart, $20.

OC47150
10-21-2005, 12:55 PM
They've been spotted in my area but I haven't seen them yet.

OC47150
10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I hit the jackpot on Saturday at the Clarksville and NA Targets.

Found the holo figures and R4 at the Clarksville store. The clerk let me go through two unopened boxes. She said someone was there when the store opened at 8 a.m. and went through a couple of boxes. Since there were no 501st figures, I suspect they were gone. Was that you, Knightfall?:D

Left plenty of Blys and Grees behind for others two.

At the New Albany, I did find two 501st figures. Also picked up the Invisible Hand Action Fleet ship since it was on sale. Wanted for some time, and thought I'd better get it.

So the only figure of the last 12 I'm missing is the white Grevious bodyguard, and that's by choice. Not too crazy about his paint job, and he does seem to be plentiful for now.

Knightfall
10-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Hmm...wasn't me. I'll be satisfied with my pair of 501st grunts unless by chance I come across more.

My store got the case with Bly and Gree last night, but I can't be sure which ones we still have because a couple guys picked over the figures. We do have a couple of Republic Gunships if anyone's interested.

I saw the Sith Lords Evolutions at TRU, but the only figure who looked especially awesome was Darth Sidious. I think I'll pass...

Knightfall
10-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I brave the horrors of the university's crummy computers to bring the news that my store got the KB exclusive 9-packs this morning. I may have said before that we weren't getting any, but the company apparantly changed their mind. It's just eight repacks and a silver Vader, but the packaging looks pretty sharp, IMO.

OC47150
10-31-2005, 02:16 PM
And the price?

The Clarksville TRU had ther 12" female Jedi figures on Saturday. Only the second time I've seen them in the stores.

OC47150
11-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I didn't go out at midnight, but was at the New Albany WM at 7 a.m. this morning to get the exclusive figures.

I REALLY like the Anakin/Obi-Wan set. Might have the get a second to open. They'd be great for a Mustafar diorama.

The clone troopers are OK. Was going to get a second set of them but changed my mind.

The Emperor set is a straight repack, from what I can tell. It looks like a Saga Dooku, too.

Ji'dai
11-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I spotted all the DVD promo stuff at Wal-Mart though I had to hunt for a widescreen version with the bonus disc. I passed on the 3-pack figure sets. I did see the Titanium gift set with the silver TIE Bomber, meh.

TRU has the Holo Emperor, free with $30 purchase or $10 each. Craptacular figure there. I think TRU is pushing their luck with the $30 purchase thing. I could never find enough stuff when they gave away free figures with a $15 purchase.

Suncoast has Corpse Bride figures. Those look pretty cool but I'm not too sure about McFarlane's durability any more.

OC47150
11-01-2005, 01:04 PM
A couple of the TRUs down here would not allow to you outright buy the holo Emperor for $10. You had to buy $30 of stuff. That ****ed a few off.

I passed on the figure. I have the SWS.com figure, and think it's superior to the TRU one.

Yeah, there's only so many decent holo figures that you can release.

Thanks for the tip on the widescreen. I'll have to remember that when I buy it.

Ji'dai
11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
You didn't know about the WM exclusive ROTS DVD & bonus disc set? The extra disc comes in it's own clamshell with cover and is bundled side by side with the ROTS DVD. The bonus disc is called "The Story of Star Wars" and is like a documentary I guess. You can get the 2-pack set in both fool screen or widescreen and it costs $20. The ROTS DVD is also sold singularly for $15.

I didn't get the SWS.com holo Emperor so I just use my Episode I Holo Sidious. That's a nice figure.

I stopped by another Wal-Mart in a neighboring city and they had two cardboard cubes with figures on one side and deluxe on the other. The other cube had vehicles. I spotted another Titanium gift set with the silver AT-RT there but passed on that one too. They also had the WM exclusive SW PEZ gift pack ($15), but I don't collect them.

OC47150
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I know that. I meant, looking for the difference between full and wide screen editions. I don't want to grab the wrong one.

Knightfall
11-01-2005, 06:57 PM
And the price?
Price on the 9-pack is a little steep at $39.99, especially considering that none of the figures are really "new." The silver Vader is at least different from previous silver Vaders but, predictably, isn't a new sculpt (he's kitbashed from, I believe, Emperor's Wrath and another Vader I can't identify). All the other major retailers get cool exclusives like Battle Packs and Titanium vehicles...KB definitely got shafted.:sad:

OC47150
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
That is a little steep.

I found the R4 droid last night at the C'ville Target, and I need some clarification. The insert says 68, but on the back it says 64. Is that the variation?

If not, it's no big deal. I needed a second R4 for opening.

Ji'dai
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't know about the R4 variation. I've seen that one but didn't buy it (haven't bought any figs since June). Isn't it the same as the Sneak Preview R4?

WM still had the DVD 3-pack fig sets today, including clones. I was surprised.

OC47150
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
There are a lot of figure variations out there, more than I can remember. I don't specifically go out and hunt them but if I come across one, I might pick it up.

Found two more 501st figures over the weekend. One of them is getting customized tonight!

OC47150
11-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Found the Target exclusive Utap figure at the Outer Loop Target over the weekend. First time I'd seen him in the stores.

I'm starting to think the Target lava Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan figures may be peg warmers. They're plentiful at most of the Targets I've checked lately.

OC47150
11-17-2005, 07:32 AM
The ROTS bust-ups were spotted at the Zone. $5 each.

Knightfall, did your store ever get the shock trooper? I've only seen it once in any store.

OC47150
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Gotta rant for just a bit, guys.

I went out Wednesday night scouting to see which store had what for Friday. The Clarksville Kmart had the Jedi Temple Assault battle pack. I didn't have the money on me, so I hid it. I also had a rain check from a few weeks ago.

Went back to Kmart on Thursday to buy a Christmas tree. Found four 501st figures hanging on the peg. I comtemplated buying them then and getting an adjustment Friday until the manager told someone else that that wouldn't happen. I was in a generious holiday mood, so I left two the figures on the pegs and hid two where the JTA was. Yes, it was still there.

Come Friday, I have some cash. Go to my hiding place. The JTA was still there but the 501st figures weren't. Go to check out and the cashier and manager wouldn't accept my rain check because it wasn't an official rain check (no store stamp). When I got the rain check, I asked if it was legit, and the service desk girl said yes.

I went ahead and bought the JTA at full price.

The cashier wanted to keep my pseudo rain check, but I got it back, adding that I'm going to call the Kmart 800 line on Monday and complain. Don't know if it will do any good but I'm going to complain.

I did find two replacement 501st figures at the NA Target on Saturday, so it wasn't too bad.

I did pick up a couple extra figures through the BOGO free sale.

A buddy of mine went to a Louisville Kmart and found no figures. The store had accepted the Friday ad on Thanksgiving. He was a little ticked!

Ji'dai
12-02-2005, 01:22 PM
So K-Mart wouldn't honor your raincheck for the JTA? I've never bothered with rainchecks before, especially with toys. Normally they won't give them out for specific figures anyway.

I did finally see Tarkin at Wal-Mart today. I've seen the first 50 ROTS figs except for Ask Aak now. WM also had quite a few Separation of the Twins figures. Man did those suck. Great idea poorly executed. Also spotted the return of the Early Bird kits with new decals added advertising the offer's extension.

I ordered some stuff from LEGO Shop@Home on Thanksgiving and got it yesterday. The big SW thing I got was the Sandcrawler.

OC47150
12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Yep, didn't recognize it.

I picked up a second Tarkin and Ki-Adi last night at WM. Thought I'd better since I hadn't seen them in a long time.

Ji'dai
12-04-2005, 01:08 AM
I did see four Tactical Ops Clones at Wal-Mart for the first time tonight. These must be the 501st Clones everyone keeps talking about.

I ordered the LEGO UCS Y-Wing from TRU.com for $90; it's on sale, $40 off.

They also have the UCS Star Destroyer for $225, which is $75 off the normal price. Still waiting and hoping to get that one for at least 50% off or more.

OC47150
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
If they have blue trim, yes there are!!

It's a nice figure. Too bad the SA clone body wasn't used. The 501st figure uses the removable helmet figure's body.

OC47150
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
If they have blue trim, yes there are!!

It's a nice figure. Too bad the SA clone body wasn't used. The 501st figure uses the removable helmet figure's body.

OC47150
12-06-2005, 06:18 AM
I had to get up early for a work-related breakfast, so I got up even earlier to hit WM to look for the CW2 figures. Nothing at the NA WM. I thought about hitting Clarksville but that would make me late for work.

I will stop there after work.

Anyone seen them? I know others are reporting no.

OC47150
12-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Found them at the Clarksville WM. Made my day.

Ji'dai
12-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I didn't stop by Wal-Mart until today but they still had the Clone Wars figure 3-packs. I had to hunt for them; the cardboard DVD display was still up but it was wedged into a makeshift aisle made up of other cardboard DVD displays.

I picked up the CW2 DVD and went ahead and bought the 3-pack figures. Are there only two different packs? That's all I could find.

I like the new artwork on the Trilogy DVDs but had no reason to buy since I got the OT last year.

For some strange reason, the LEGO Droid Tri-Fighter is scanning at only a dollar each at my Wal-Mart, so I cleaned them out :D Still no sign of the '06 SW LEGO sets yet.

TRU still has a BOGO 50% off sale on LEGO that expires on the 10th. I picked up a Designer and Town set today. TRU also has the Evolutions Clone-Stormtrooper and Sith Lords, but I passed on them.

OC47150
12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking about getting another set to open. Gonna stop by WM this weekend to check.

Kidhuman
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Ji'dai, would be interested in selling me a droid fighter set of the Lego. Mine fell apart during a move and I cant find all the pieces.

Ji'dai
12-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry KH, three of the fighters are for me and the other two are destined to be christmas presents. (I know, I'm cheap, but it's still a nice gift even though they only cost a buck).

TRU was freshly stocked with figures, nothing new, but they did have red guards, tank gunners, and pregnant Padmes.

WM still had CW figure packs to my surprise. I figured they wouldn't have lasted the weekend. But they are also somewhat off the beaten path, stuffed between photo and electronics.

Still no sign of the '06 SW LEGO sets. I really want these since most of 'em are OT ships.

OC47150
12-12-2005, 10:54 AM
I picked up a couple of older figures I needed at Target: Dooku, Padme, Plo Koon. Nice to see the older ones showing up.

Still need to track down Tarful and a Super Battle Droid. Thought those guys would be easier to find.

I also bought a second set of the CW figures. I will open them after Christmas.

Ji'dai
12-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I haven't seen any figures in Wal-Mart or K-Mart since Thanksgiving. Wal-Mart has even removed the pegs for them.

I did find the new '06 Star Wars LEGO sets last Friday at TRU (Slave I, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, & V-Wing). I'm glad I bought all five sets then because they were gone by today.

Kidhuman
12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
No problem Ji'dai, I didnt know how many were purchased. I went ot my WM and they came up full price.

moulman
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I haven't seen any figures in Wal-Mart or K-Mart since Thanksgiving. Wal-Mart has even removed the pegs for them.

I did find the new '06 Star Wars LEGO sets last Friday at TRU (Slave I, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, & V-Wing). I'm glad I bought all five sets then because they were gone by today.

sweet, now that theyve been found in Indiana I can start looking for them :pleased:

Ji'dai
12-19-2005, 05:37 PM
No problem Ji'dai, I didnt know how many were purchased. I went ot my WM and they came up full price. It must have been a keying error by some employee here. I've been watching to see if they put more sets out but WM has been bare these last two weeks. Even the LEGO rep I spoke to at TRU was complaining that WM didn't reorder more stock.

I saw the Unleashed Battlepacks at a Wal-Mart in a neighboring town. They look okay but I'm not interested in this scale. I'd like to see some OT sets though.

Ji'dai
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
I saw the first wave of The Saga Collection figures at Wal-Mart in Clinton, Indiana. Looked freshly stocked, 3 each of Boussh & Skiff Guard and probably 4-5 of Han, Chewie, Fett, & Bib. I didn't buy any, but they were scanning at $5.88 each, same as the ROTS figures (this WM never lowered their prices apparently).

The holo figures are randomly packed, each figure I looked at came with a different holo fig. I even saw a Boba Fett with Boba Fett holo figure, which oughta cause some collector to squeal like a little girl when he finds that one.

I don't really like the new packaging now that I've seen it in person. I think it's the weird trapezoidal shape of the bubble and card; plus the artwork leaves a lot to be desired.

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Thats odd Ji'dai, WM has ROTS here for 4.77 each.

Ji'dai
12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Thats odd Ji'dai, WM has ROTS here for 4.77 each. The WM in my home city reduced figure prices to $4.77 while the WMs in the surrounding small towns maintained the $5.88 price point. I suppose the WMs in the smaller markets don't sell as much Star Wars product so they didn't lower their prices.

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
The one here that didnt lower there prices has no other stores(Target, Kmart) around it, so that might be a reason also.

OC47150
12-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Sorry for the lack of posts. Was on vacation. Had good intentions to log on but didn't get around to it. Too busy.

The New Albany WM had the new Saga wave, or what was left of it. Barada was kinda hidden. I passed.

The same WM had the new SW transformers, Vader motorcycle/chopper and the die-cast droid tri-fighter.

The Clarksville TRU had the A-wing and B-wing Lego sets. I'm going to get the A-wing set. It was neat.

I was told that several Louisville stores had new Saga figures but I didn't see them myself.

moulman
12-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Found the A wing and TIE interceptor at my local Meijer yesterday. Both were very cool.

Ji'dai
12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, the A-Wing is very nice. Haven't built the Interceptor yet. Slave I is awesome, check out my review over in the LEGO section.

TRU had the SW Choppers, Vader & Luke. I dunno, maybe Hasbro is trying to keep the younglings interested in the line.

They also had Unleashed Battle Packs and the Transformers. I saw Vader and Obi-Wan but not Grievous.

moulman
01-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Saw the Slave I at a Target not too far from my house yesterday; really wish I would of read your review Ji'dai, because I would of defiantly picked it up.

Ji'dai
01-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Wal-Mart had the LEGO B-Wing, V-Wing, and TIE Interceptor, but the Slave I have sold. Looks like they've already done their reset; the building block aisle is smaller with all brands crammed in there.

Also spotted TSC figures at my local WM, $5.88 each. This store did drop prices on ROTS figures to $4.77 so the price has raised with the debut of the new line.

WM also had Galactic Heroes Hoth Han & Luke and Luke & Speederbike, the Choppers, and the large die-cast ARC-170 and Droid Fighter.

OC47150
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
You might want to scan the ROTS figures at WM. I bought an extra Vader for opening and it rang up $4.

Nothing new to report. Saga are still hit or miss in the area. I personally haven't seen one since before Christmas.

OC47150
01-05-2006, 07:22 AM
The Clarksville Target had the Carkoon wave, except for Han. I wasn't going to pay $6.99 since I know they're $5.88 at WM. Leia was tempting, since I could use her in a diorama but I resisted the dark side.

Target also had the new mini Titanium series wave -- a first!

No figures at all at the Clarksville WM. It is a dark time for the Rebellion.

TRU had a little of this and that. Saga Barada, VOTC Lando (no one wants Lando!) but no ROTS.

Ji'dai
01-05-2006, 01:42 PM
The last of the ROTS figures sold out here before Christmas so I won't be seeing them in the clearance aisle. Same with LEGO.

Yeah, my TRU has a peg full of VOTC Lando too. Their Star Wars section and LEGO aisle still looked pretty bare, I was hoping they'd have restocked by now.

moulman
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Finally found the Slave I; very very impressive, a big improvement on the old model. Now im only missing the V-wing; somehow all the local stores near me (about 4 Targets, 4 Walmarts, 2 TRU, 2 Meijer) are all sold out of them :(

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Thats because they are only 10 bucks, so the cheapest always go first

OC47150
01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Went out on a mini toy run over the weekend. The Saga figures seem to linger at Targets longer than WMs.

The Shelbyville Road TRU clearanced out the Jedi Council scenes with Anakin. 70 percent off regular price, so I picked up two for under $13. Still need two of the scenes to complete the Jedi Council.

If you haven't picked it up, I highly recommend buying the SW comic Purge. A good stand-alone story taking place after ROTS.

Ji'dai
01-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats because they are only 10 bucks, so the cheapest always go first The V-Wing also appeals to army builders, it's the cheapest option to get more clone pilots. At least until the ARC-170s are clearanced.

TRU had the new Titaniums today; $4.99. Jango Fett's Slave I, Vulture Droid, Clone Turbo Tank, Republic Cruiser, Speeder Bike with Biker Scout, and the first Death Star. I was tempted to buy the DS, it seemed like it had some heft to it.

OC47150
01-12-2006, 06:59 AM
The Hoth Saga wave is hitting Louisville. Plenty of friends have found them but not me.

I checked the Clarksville stores last night. WM had one ROTS figure, the wookie commando. They're in the middle of realligning the toy dept.

Clarksville Target had the Saga Carkoon wave. First time I saw Han in person. Boy, the carbon block is a lot smaller than the POTF2 version. Don't know if I like that.

I did buy two packs of the Target ROTS storage cases for $2.48. It's the earlier version, but it holds figures just fine. Also picked up a Micro Machine set for $1.78.

Nothing at Kmart.

Ji'dai
01-13-2006, 04:14 PM
I stopped by a small WM in a neighboring town and saw the Hoth wave (minus the Snowtrooper). I did buy Veers & Derlin.

This WM also had two Mon Mothmas for $1.50 :D

OC47150
01-16-2006, 07:12 AM
I found the white TIE fighter mini at the NA Kmart. Didn't expect to find it. Read this morning it's like one per case.

Ji'dai
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I spotted the white TIE at WM today but didn't get it. Were there white TIES in ROTS? They also had the multi-pack with the silver bonus vehicle. I'm really leaning toward getting just the Death Star from this wave. Next wave looks really good.

SW Transformers were fully stocked, so I finally saw the Grievous/Wheelbike transformer.

I also saw the Spud Trooper for the first time. Cute, but not worth $8. I only paid a couple of bucks for my Darth Tater.

OC47150
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't know what the lowdown is with the white TIE.

Gotta go grocery shopping at WM tonight. I'll check the toy aisle out. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-18-2006, 12:26 AM
It wasnt in any movie, basically a chase vehicle Shortpacked 1 per case and all.

Ji'dai
01-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the info, KH. I had a sinking feeling Lucas had been fidgeting with the OT again and we're gonna get white TIEs buzzing around the Death Star or something.