PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Just Found

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

OC47150
01-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Found the latest wave of Unleashed battle packs and part of the Hoth wave at the NA WM. R2 and Vader were gone. There were one or two Gonks on the pegs.

I might have to get some of the Unleashed packs.

Ji'dai
01-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I might be tempted to get some of the OT Unleashed packs, but they'll have to be damn good.

WM had the Titanium Vader's TIE so the new wave has hit here.

KM had the previous Titanium wave, including the ridiculous white TIE repaint. I also saw ROTS Ask Aak for the first time! They had a few ROTS figs on the pegs but they were regular price - basic figs have been $7 each since late 2004 at this KM.

TSC figures tend to disappear fast. I've only seen them at WM so far.

OC47150
01-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I started a battle of Hoth diorama using Micro Machine figures and vehicles several years ago. The new Unleashed battle packs have tempted me to create some sort of diorama using them.

I'm looking for the Cartoon Network version of the Titanium Republic gunship for myself and a buddy. It's supposedly in this latest wave.

OC47150
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Only thing to report is the NA Meijer finally received a shipment of figures, the Carkoon wave. They're $6.99.

Ji'dai
02-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I spotted the second wave of Unleashed Battlepacks at WM today - Aayla, Yoda, Wookies, and Green Clones. They also had quite a few Transformers in another aisle.

TRU did have some of the Carkoon wave left, $7 each.

OC47150
02-09-2006, 08:27 AM
As much as I hate to, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the Leia/Boushh at $7. I need one for a diorama. I'm hoping I'll find one at WM still, but it's looking grime.

Patiently waiting for the Geonosis wave to hit, too.

OC47150
02-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Friends have found the Geonosis wave at Targets in Louisville late last week. I've checked the sunnyside stores and nothing.

I finally broke down and bought a Leia/Boushh figure for $7. At least I found a cool hologram with it.

Ji'dai
02-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Cool hologram?! That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one ;)

So who'd you get?

I did see the newest wave of Titaniums at TRU Monday, even the CW Gunship. I wasn't in a spending mood so I left them there. Walgreens had the Gonk and AT-AT Driver but they were $8 each.

I also saw a VOTC Lando at a Family Dollar for $5. It was the only VOTC they had. I'll have to check back and see if they get any more in. I wouldn't mind picking up more Stormtroopers at that price.

OC47150
02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Ep. 1 Queen Amidala. Could be useful in a diorama.

A friend found the Titanium CW gunship for me. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one wants the VOTC Lando. Poor Lando. :sad:

OC47150
02-23-2006, 09:25 AM
I've taken advantage of the TRU $4.99 sale this week and picked up several figures, at TRU, Meijer and WM. Price-matched at the last two stores.

I now have the Hoth wave, except for Riekian and snowtrooper. I plan to pick up a couple of snowtroopers, if I can find them, and a few more AT-AT drivers, too.

I found the remains of the Geo wave at the NA WM, too. I bought Sun Fac but left Poggle behind.

Gonna to an end-of-the-week run on Friday. Might have some luck.

Ji'dai
02-24-2006, 10:52 AM
TRU had the Hoth wave in but I only bought an AT-AT Driver. I was hoping to find the Carkoon or Geo waves at KM or WM and price match but those stores' basic figure pegs are empty. Stores are fullly stocked with battle packs and those abominable Transformers though.

OC47150
02-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I've encountered two situations in the last two weeks: pegs full of Carkoon or Hoth figures, or empty pegs.

With the exception of TRU and KB, Clarksville has been dry lately. The Clarksville Target was good to me in November and December but it hasn't showed me much love lately.

I'm leaving work early today (the boss is off) and hitting a few stores I hadn't visited in a while. Have the TRU ad in the car!

Ji'dai
02-24-2006, 11:15 AM
You might check Suncoast if you're looking for the Previews Exclusive Bounty Hunter 7-figure set. It's got all the ESB bounty hunters and Vader in a long window box for $35. It looks pretty cool, but I've got all those figures already. My Suncoast is also running a BOGO 50% off sale on all SW stuff this week.

OC47150
02-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I've seen that set at Suncoast. And I passed for the same reasons you did.

I did buy a Han Hoth Bust-up at Suncoast and low and behold, it was the crystal one.

OC47150
02-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Overall, it was a good collecting weekend.

I found two AT-AT drivers and one snowtrooper at the Clarksville TRU on Friday. I can finally open the AT-ATs. Read great reviews about them.

I found the Geo Yoda and 3PO at the NA Target on Saturday. I have to research a little more but it looks like a slightly different sculpt on Yoda, and he looks great! One of the best, if not the best, Yoda that's been released. The sculpted cape, the grimace on his face. Wow!

I left behind a Geo Jango Fett. Don't know if I'll get him, since he's a repack.

I have a friend looking for the Utap clone and Scorch for me.

Ji'dai
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
The Geonosis wave is hitting locally; I saw 'em all except for Jango. TRU had one Scorch. He's pretty neat looking but I put him back since I'm not paying $7 for a fig. A little boy with his mom ended up getting him since he couldn't find a Grievous.

TRU also had a few ROTS 2-packs with blue Special Ops Clones paired with Tarkins and Ask Aaks, among others.

The new Titaniums are hitting too. I saw the Ultra Snowspeeder along with Slave I as well as the newest 3" waves. Lots of prequel vehicles in these so I'll be passing on nearly all. I wanted to get a Battle-damaged Falcon but didn't care for the paint jobs on any that I saw. Also spotted a couple of the silver 3" Slave I's with "Hunt for the Bounty 2006" stickers on them or something to that effect. These silver & gold chase vehicles do nothing for me.

Spencers Gifts has MR FX lightsabers; $120. Similar to the displays that appeared at Game Stop stores last fall.

OC47150
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Nothing new to report. I see the remains of the Geo wave at the stores. Poggle and Sun Fac are always left behind. A friend told me Sun Fac isn't scheduled to ship with future cases, so I might have to pick up a few.

Did see the majority of the new Titanium wave. The silver Slave 1 was already gone; I did manage to snag another CW gunship for a friend.

I'm stopping at TRU this afternoon, just to see.

BTW, have the Targets made price-adjustments on basic figures in your area? Some of the Louisville stores have, figures are $5.89 or something like that, but the SI stores are still at $6.99.

Ji'dai
03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
I dunno about Target, don't have any locally.

I did go ahead and buy a Titanium Death Star, Imp Shuttle, and three AT-ATs. The Death Star was a surprise since I wasn't aware that the northern hemisphere turns so that the color under the super turbolaser can either be black or green. The AT-AT is really nice, I'd recommend getting at least one. The snow base is a nice addition. Too bad Hasbro didn't sculpt in a tiny crashed snowspeeder on it.

OC47150
03-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I almost bought the AT-AT this weekend when I saw it but didn't. I will definitely get one next time.

The Clarksville TRU finally got the mega packs in. I bought one with Kit Fitso and Aayla. No 501st troopies in sight.

Ji'dai
03-10-2006, 07:42 PM
WM has raised basic figure prices to $6.63. Maybe it will create more pegwarmers that will eventually find their way into clearance aisles. I might collect more of this line if I can get them for five bucks or less.

Picked up a Titanium BR Falcon since I didn't get the ship back when series one was released. Also bought another AT-AT, so I've got four of 'em marching across a shelf :bandit:

OC47150
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Saturday was the first day I could go out and look. It also was the first day I'd noticed the raised price at WM. Kinda sucks.

I almost bought the Titanium AT-AT yesterday but didn't. Next time.

OC47150
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Score!

My friend at church found the Utap clone and Scorch for me!!! Made my week!! I'll be getting them Sunday.

Also, the Coruscant wave has been found at Targets in Louisville. I stopped at Clarksville and checked, but nothing. It's been a while since Clarksville has had an basic figures.

OC47150
03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I have my Scorch and Utap clone, courtesy of my friend at church. Thanks, Karl.

I also had some luck over the weekend. I found Sora B. at the Na Target and a second one later that night at the St. Matts Target. I also picked up the limited edition titanium Boba Fett at the St. Matts TRU. It was an impulse buy, but a cool impulse buy. I hadn't seen the LE version until Saturday.

Good weekend!

Ji'dai
03-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Wal-Mart got in the Titanium wave with Swamp Speeders, ARCs, Landspeeders, and Naboo Fighters. TRU had the Titanium Vader and Fett figurines in both paint styles. Haven't seen any figures beyond the Geo wave.

OC47150
03-23-2006, 10:53 AM
It's been quiet down this way all week. A buddy found three of the bounty hunter figures this morning but other than that, it's been quiet.

I'm going to stop at a couple of places on the way home from work tonight.

Ji'dai
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I haven't been collecting much SW lately. I've only bought five TSC figs thus far: Veers, Derlin, AT-AT Driver x2, and Scorch. I haven't been paying attention to the UGH stuff. I did see all the Ep3 Heroes & Villians wave a few weeks ago.

VTSC has hit TRU here a few times but I've passed on those as well.

The last few waves of Titaniums were plentiful, including the Battlestar Galactica.

I haven't seen the new OT Unleashed battle packs yet.

OC47150
05-21-2006, 01:13 PM
My friend scored a Demise of Grevious for me! Got it from him at church today.

Another friend sold me an extra shock trooper Unleashed he had. Very sweet. He hasn't came out of the package yet.

I hit a Foul and a firefighter at WM over the weekend, since I didn't have the cash on me.

Ji'dai
05-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I saw lots of new stuff today around lunch. Wal-Mart's pegs runneth over with the TSC Coruscant wave and the Heroes & Villains assortment.

TRU has Obi-Wan's & Anakin's Starfighters in TSC packaging, along with the Grievous Wheelbike. I also spotted the Clone Wars Gunship for the first time in person.

TRU also has the LEGO Sailbarge and System Star Destroyer, as well as other new '06 sets in the Spongebob, Avatar, City, Castle, and Creator themes.

OC47150
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
The CW gunship is going to be a birthday present to myself. I still haven't seen it in the stores.

Ragnar
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Found a Cody at TRU in Fort Wayne on Saturday. They had a TON of the VOTC figures.

Ji'dai
05-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the boards, Ragnar!

K-Mart has VTSC for $10.99, first time I've seen 'em there. Looks like TRU put out another case of them, priced to sell at $9.99. I also spotted the Titanium figures Bossk and Sandtrooper today too. These unnecessary metal figs seem to be takin' up a lot of shelf space.

OC47150
05-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Welcome, Ragnar!!

Ji'dai, I'm curious to know the condition of the titanimum Bossk and sandtrooper's packaging. The majority of the ones I've seen appear as if someone has smashed their fist on top of the bubble. Never saw that problem with the Boba Fett and Vader. Don't know if it's a shipping issue or human.

Ji'dai
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I didn't notice any damage on the bubbles I looked at. Then again, I was looking more at the figures rather than their packaging. Maybe your store just got a smashed case.

OC47150
05-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I've seen the figures at two different Wal-Marts and both have crushed bubbles.

It might be the packaging, but there are people in my area who liked to bend cards. :twisted:

Ragnar
05-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I dont know about where you guys are at but the vtsc figures are only 9.98 at the Walmart in Fort Wayne. I found a couple of Cody's and a republic Gunship on Saturday at TRU.

Ji'dai
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I saw two new Titaniums at Wal-Mart today: Ep3 Falcon and Luke/Speederbike. That's about it lately.

OC47150
06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Saw the biggest collection of VSTC figures at the C'ville WM the other night. At least five biker scouts on the pegs!

Finally saw the CW gunship at the C'ville TRU. It's nice.

Since the Hunt for Grevious was found at an Ohio TRU, I'm planning on visiting a couple of stores this weekend.

Ragnar
06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Found most of the Tatooine wave at Walmart north in Fort Wayne last night.

Hit a Kmart in Peru today and found a spider droid and Stass Allie w Speeder bike from ROTS.

OC47150
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Found a Bespin Vader. I'll admit it, I bought him for the accessories.

The Mos Eisley wave is hitting the area but I keep missing it. :sad:

Did find a loose ROTS clone pilot at the local comic shop. My ARC-170 is now fully manned!!

Nothing else to report. I'll be going out again this weekend.

Ji'dai
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I did see the Mos Eisley wave (except Garindan) at Wal-Mart today. I went ahead and bought Hem Dazon and R5. I actually prefer the POTJ Sandtrooper to this new version.

WM also has the Titanium Ultra AT-AT. It also comes with a small snowspeeder as an accessory.

WM also has tons of Galactic Heroes 2-packs in.

OC47150
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I had to take a road trip to attend my monthly SW club meeting, and it was a good trip.

I found two of the Momaw/Hammerhead figures. One had more gray paint on his head than the other, so I bought both. And I found a Garindin figure, too.

If any of you guys are into customizing, the Garindin body is great. Pop off the head and you can make plenty of generic soldiers, bounty hunters, whatever.

During the day, my friend and I stopped at at least 6 WMs. Five of the six had the Unleashed. One store in particular had 27 figures on the pegs and shelves. There are none in the Louisville-area WMs but they are plentiful at the out of the way WMs.

Also bought an Early Bird Kit for $5. Couldn't pass a bargin like that up.

Ji'dai
06-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Wal-Mart has this Attacktix Figure Battle Pack with SW Attacktix vs. Transformers. Weird stuff.

Spencers has the McFarlane "Blue Hawaii" Elvis with surfboard and ukelele. Spotted the McF 3D Led Zeppelin album cover at Suncoast as well.

OC47150
06-30-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm going on the hunt for the CW gunship, now that I have a little extra cash. Hope I didn't miss it.

Hit Target, WM and TRU last night and no new figures.

OC47150
07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
I found a clear cup Hammerhead variant over the weekend.

I keep finding the remains of the Mos Eisley wave. It's always Han and Bespin Vader, Han moreso than Vader. Still haven't found an R5. :(

I did pick up an extra Skirmish in the Senate on clearance for $16.98. I'd like to get a couple more for the pod cars and troopers.

I'm planning a big toy run on the Fourth. Hitting a part of town I only get to once or twice a year. I'm hoping to score a CW gunship sometime during the day.

OC47150
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry for the late report

On the Fourth I had the biggest toy run I've had in years: 18 stores in 4 1/2 hours. Boy, was it fun!

I did find my CW gunship, so that made my day. I was surprised that I didn't find any Tatooine figures, other than Han and Vader (as usual).

Bought one of the mini-collectible helmets at the comic shop. It was the Biggs variant, which is cool.

Going out looking a little bit this weekend.

Ji'dai
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Damn, 18 stores. Reminds me of my day-long toy hunts during the late 90s. I'd usually drive to another city or two and shop around for stuff. Then I'd get home and often find that the local stores put out the new stuff I'd just found out of town. Still, it was fun. Pack some driving music and hit the road. Gas is too expensive for road trips nowadays.

I spotted the Millennium Falcon Transformer with Han and Chewie at Wal-Mart today and TRU had the Titanium non-SW Transformers wave.

OC47150
07-07-2006, 03:47 PM
It was a big hit for the gas tank, but there was a part of town I only get to once or twice a year that I wanted to check. It's out of the just enough where I thought they'd have stuff (i.e., the gunship) but didn't.

It's not unusual for me to hit as many as 8 stores on a Saturday morning.

OC47150
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Finally (!!) found R5, sandtrooper, Tat Luke and the last alien. Found them Saturday at the Clarksville Target.

If you guys have the new sandtrooper, look at the eyes on the helmet. Do they seem extremely large to you? They do to me.

A buddy of mine also saw/bought the new Mace starfighter at a Target in Louisville. I didn't know it was supposed to be released this soon. It was $20.

Knightfall
07-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've reported anything from KB...but then, there's usually not much to report. At any rate, at closing yesterday we still had the entire Mos Eisley wave on the floor (and I daresay still do). That's one each of R5, Hem Dazon, Hammerhead, and Luke and two each of Garindan, Sandtrooper, and Han. The Vaders all look the same to me anymore, but I'm sure we still have the latest one hanging around as well.

This is at Green Tree Mall in Clarksville, so if you need some figures, stop on by--they'll probably still be there...

Ji'dai
07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I saw the Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack at TRU today, $24.99. Looked kinda neat, but I passed. Also saw the newest Transformer wave with Slave I (both ver.), Imp Shuttle, Sith Infiltrator, etc.

Wal-Mart had the Mos Eisley wave with Hem and Momaw and the blue cups (sounds like a band name). I just checked my Hem Dazon, and the one I have has a clear cup.

OC47150
07-17-2006, 06:26 AM
The clearanced Senate skirmish sets are pretty much gone from my area. If you find one on the shelf, chances are the shock troopers have been swapped out or the senate pod is missing. They never got below $16.98.

The Mos Eisley wave is showing up more frequently at various stores. I picked up a Hez for opening yesterday. Going to make a mini Mos Eisley bar diorama using the table/stand.

And while they could still be found, I picked up the VSTC Luke for the mail-in certificate. Luke is starting to become scarce, even at regular price.

Ji'dai
07-20-2006, 10:37 AM
The only scarce VSTC around here is the Scout Trooper, followed by the Tusken Raider. Only K-Mart and TRU carry the line locally though.

K-Mart had the Unleashed Hoth box sets, Hoth Evac (turret) & Snowspeeder; $21.99. I liked the looks of them, but they are a bit steep in price. Didn't see the figure battle packs.

OC47150
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
The Endor wave was found at a Louisville WM today.

Damn, they're coming too fast!! I just found the rest of the Mos Eisley wave the other week.

Ji'dai
07-20-2006, 02:58 PM
You think so? I've been impatiently waiting for the Endor wave to hit. I've seen the Mos Eisley wave plenty of times locally, even the cup variants. And I don't actively hunt for SW figures like I used to do.

On the way home I stopped by Big Lots and found some ROTS figures in a bin near the entrance. Apparently they bought out some drug store stock and are liquidating it at 20% off. The figures were Vader, AT-RT Driver, and several #41 SA Clones, but they were $7.99 each. Even after the 20% discount I thought they were too costly.

OC47150
07-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Big Lots isn't the savings store it used to be. I remember six or seven years ago when they got a ton of the Action Fleet/Micro Machine transforming heads in real cheap, like $4 each.

Some of the secondary stores like Meijer are just now getting the Mos Eisley wave, I've noticed.

Ji'dai
07-23-2006, 02:59 PM
I did see the Endor wave at Kohls Saturday morning. Their TSC basic figures are $9.99 each! They did have a 10% off sale so the figs are practically a steal at $8.99. Suffice to say I passed.

The Super Wal-Mart in Vincennes had the Titanium Sandcrawler. That store also had Unleashed figures Kashyyk Chewie, red ROTS Shocktrooper, and Stormtrooper Han. I dunno if those are new or not. I also saw lightsaber 2-packs and a lightsaber-DVD combo set that had 2 episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon.

Kidhuman
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
The Unleashed has been out for awhile, but is the latest wave to hit.

OC47150
07-24-2006, 06:21 AM
The Unleashed wave flew off the shelves at WMs in the metro Louisville area but if you hit WMs away from the city, they're still plentiful.

OC47150
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
I did see the Endor wave at Kohls Saturday morning. Their TSC basic figures are $9.99 each! They did have a 10% off sale so the figs are practically a steal at $8.99. Suffice to say I passed.

The Super Wal-Mart in Vincennes had the Titanium Sandcrawler. That store also had Unleashed figures Kashyyk Chewie, red ROTS Shocktrooper, and Stormtrooper Han. I dunno if those are new or not. I also saw lightsaber 2-packs and a lightsaber-DVD combo set that had 2 episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon.

Ouch! Kohl's is one of those places I never remember to check. I've only bought a couple of figures from there.

Checked a Big Lots yesterday and no figures.

Ji'dai
07-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Picked up Jerjerrod, Chirpa, and 3PO at Wal-Mart yesterday. $6.63 is still too friggin' expensive.

OC47150
07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
I found an UGH snowtrooper at the NA Meijer over the weekend. It was the only UGH on the peg (trust me, I thoroughly checked the pegs), and I was shocked to see it. Of course, I bought it.

Nothing other than that. The Endor wave hasn't made it to my side of the river.

OC47150
08-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Ordered me a 501st figure off hasbroshop.com this morning. What a way to start off a Friday!!!!

OC47150
08-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Other than buying two packs of the new Evolution cards, there was nothing out there.

GenCon Indy is next weekend. I have the Mara Jade bust pre-registered. Boy, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to collect it.

Hoping to find other SW stuff at GenCon. The first time my friends and I went (2003) I found several Unleashed for $10 - $15.

Ji'dai
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I saw the Endor AT-AT at TRU today. The walkers have been a fav vehicle of mine for years but I have three of them in this scale already. They should have included a Speeder Bike for the Biker Scout to ride around on and maybe an Ewok catapult to make it worth the $90 price tag.

Also spotted the "Greatest Repacks" figures today - but only pregnant Padme, Dooku, ROTS 3PO, and Kit Fisto.

OC47150
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
My niece is in town, so I took Thursday and Friday off from work. Had to run some errands I (find a birthday present for my nephew) so I hit a couple of stores.

Nothing at the NA Kmart or WM. WM has new plan-o-gram for the holidays and it threw me off.

Found a sandtrooper at the NA Target and left behind a red shocktrooper. He's the old body style, not SA, right?

Bought a couple of packs of Evolution cards, too. Got the Vader/Sidious transparent card.

Ji'dai
08-12-2006, 10:12 PM
So far as I know, the red shocktrooper is a straight repack.

I looked for an Endor 3PO with painted knees but the two I saw today were the unpainted version I already have.

The local Super Wal-Mart has completed their holiday reset. They have four pegs set aside for the repack figures alone. I noticed they had more of the initial TSC wave back in stock with red holos. I was hoping they might put out some VTSC since they didn't stock the line during the summer. A new Super-WM is opening soon, I'll have to check it out.

Watch for LEGO clearances at Wal-Mart too. I saw Slave I for $40 and the Clone Scout Walker for $7. Some Batman, EXO-FORCE, Ferrari, and Creator sets are being reduced in price as well.

OC47150
08-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Picked up my Mara Jade bust at GenCon on Saturday. Shannon McRandle was there to autograph, too. It's very nice.

Not much SW stuff at GenCon, and what there was was greatly overpriced. I passed.

Now I can get down to finding the Endor wave.

Ji'dai
08-15-2006, 11:49 AM
While browsing the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart I saw a TSC Sandtrooper on the shelf with a little $3 clearance tag. Sure enough, it scanned at $3. I went over to the action figure aisle and found another on the pegs. Got two Sandtroopers for less than the price of one! I scanned some of the other SW figures, but they were all regular price.

McFarlane's Hanna-Barberra figures are out now. I saw them at TRU; basic figs are $11.99 and the box set is $24.99.

OC47150
08-15-2006, 11:57 AM
That gives us all hope, Ji'dai.

Ji'dai
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't always understand decisions to clearance certain items, but I'm not complaining.

Spotted the Unleashed Hoth figure packs except for Han & Chewie at Wal-Mart in Clinton yesterday. They also had three 3PO's with correct knee paint so I got one. Also picked up a LEGO Exo-Force set on clearance.

A new Super Wal-Mart opened this morning in Terre Haute. I was there at 7:30 AM for the ribbon-cutting and whatnot, which lasted well past 8. The toys were hit pretty hard before I could get back there, but they had the SW Greatest Repacks in stock, including AT-TE Tank Gunners and 501st Clones. I'll have to go back when I have more time to look at other stuff.

OC47150
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't either but I do take advantage of clearance. It boggles the mind.

One of my greatest clearance finds was part of the EU wave at a Wal-Mart. Picked them up for under $3 each.

Ji'dai
08-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I saw the Dagobah X-Wing at TRU today; $45. Very impressive window box and nice product presentation. If I didn't already have the last Dago X-Wing I'd probably get this one.

Picked up a couple LEGO V-Wings on clearance for $5 each at Wal-Mart.

OC47150
08-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Finallly (!!) the Endor wave is showing up enmasse in my area. I have all of them except for the Emperor, which I think I'll pass on.

Need to check and see if I have the 3PO variant.

Don't forget the TRU sale this week! I'll be looking for Luke.

Ji'dai
08-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I've seen all the newest wave of SW Titaniums (B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, etc) finally.

Also spotted the Greatest Repacks ROTS 3PO with Tantive IV base rather than the Mustafar one :bored:

TRU had the LEGO UCS AT-ST ($90) and re-released X-Wing Fighter ($50) in store today too. I thought the AT-ST was a Shop@Home exclusive. It is $10 higher at TRU though.

OC47150
08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Went to KB last night and saw the 501st in abundance, as well as a couple of AT-TE gunners.

I have the Endor wave now.

Ji'dai
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I picked up a couple LEGO Clone Scout Walkers on clearance at WM for $5 each today.

Have you seen the Unleashed Hoth battlepack with Han & Chewie? I only see the trooper packs. I was wondering if it's been released.

OC47150
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
I haven't seen them but I haven't been looking much. Lack of funds. So, no $$, no looky. It's easier that way.

I'll be on the lookout this weekend.

Several years ago I started work on a Hoth diorama using Micro Machine vehicles and figures. Never finished it. But the new Unleashed sets are making me want to revisit it.

Ji'dai
09-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I dug out my old Kenner Micro Collection and Galoob Action Fleet stuff last winter after seeing pics of the new Unleashed Hoth packs. These new Hoth boxed sets are a bit steep at $20 each, I was hoping to get them cheaper.

I saw the TRU TIE Fighter with large wings today ($45). The one I looked at had the old POTF TIE Pilot, but someone reporting finding one with the new TSC TIE Pilot.

OC47150
09-05-2006, 07:23 AM
I saw the new TIE fighter for the first time yesterday. I liked the worn/used look to it. The one I saw had the TSC TIE pilot.

Also saw the Dago X-wing for the first time. I really liked it. Might have to get that in a couple of weeks.

I checked on the Unleashed and nothing new.

Went to the IU game on Saturday. Friends and I stopped at the Bloomington Target. We each picked up a sandtrooper.

Ji'dai
09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
That Dagobah X-Wing is pretty nifty. Don't wait too long to get one though, they seem to have sold out here.

OC47150
09-06-2006, 07:00 AM
Just don't have the $45 right now. Maybe in a few weeks.

Engineernerd
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Bet there were 50 Dagobah X-wings at TRU in Fort Wayne about an hour ago. Couple Large wing TIE's. Looked like a whole case of 501'st Trooper and Bending Knees 3PO.

Engineernerd
http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com

OC47150
09-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Of the Endor and Greatest Battles waves, it's been interesting to see which figures are peg warmers and which aren't.

The DS gunner and shock trooper (although he is the inferior version) disappear quickly.

Ji'dai
09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I passed on the OT DVDs. Wal-Mart had 3 VTSC Tusken Raiders and a Greedo in the clearance aisle, tagged $3 each. The clamshells were ripped and re-taped. I wonder if they got them from another store since only TRU and K-Mart carried that line locally.

OC47150
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I stopped at WM on the way into work this morning and bought the ANH DVD and the WM exclusive figure packs.

I might stop at Target and Circuit City and get ESB and ROJ. Haven't decided yet.

Are the stickers still inside the VSTC packaging?

Kidhuman
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
If you are referring to the mail away stickers for Lucas, they should be. &

OC47150
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
If you are referring to the mail away stickers for Lucas, they should be. &

Yes. And I have read reports of the redemption stickers 'mysteriously' disappearing with some of the VSTC figures that are taped.

Kidhuman
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, you were asking Ji'dai. I see now. NVM move along, this isnt the post you need to see&

timmae
09-12-2006, 09:19 PM
& what? people really take the stickers?

OC47150
09-13-2006, 07:06 AM
When it was of the taped variety, yes. An easy cut, open the package just enough to get the sticker/redemption card and put the figure back.

OC47150
09-17-2006, 03:04 PM
The Death Star wave is plentiful everywhere, including Meijer!!!!

The Naboo wave has been found in my area. Had my local club meeting on Saturday and one of the guys had them already. Look very sharp. Other than at his house, I haven't seen them yet.

Also saw part 2 of the Endor wave at my friend's house. Endor Luke and the Rebel trooper look great.

The WM DVD three-pack of figures isn't going over as well as I thought. They were plentiful at one of the WMs I check reguarly. I'd like to get another ESB and ROTJ set to customize the figures.

Ji'dai
09-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Are the stickers still inside the VSTC packaging? I don't think they were. The packages were ripped open and retaped.

A WM in Illinois had the Endor Troopers & Poncho Luke, Mos Espa/podrace figs, Emperor's Wrath Vader, and the Holo Maul. I've only seen the Vader locally. Not much else to report.

OC47150
09-28-2006, 02:14 PM
A friend already has the second part of the Endor wave. Where he got it, I don't know but they look sharp.

Ji'dai
10-14-2006, 11:07 AM
The latest TSC waves are getting easier to find, except for the Ep1 aliens. I finally saw the Unleashed Han/Chewie Hoth battle pack too.

I also saw the Sarlacc & Jedi vs. Sidious Battle (Re)Packs.

OC47150
10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I had a couple of days off so I went on a toy run.

Only found one new figure, the Naboo soldier.

I did see the Han and tauntaun Unleashed at a Target, too.

I haven't seen the battle packs but they have been spotted in my area.

OC47150
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Found the Gungan figure at the NA WM last night.

The pegs were clogged with GHs figures. In the last week, I've seen so many shock troopers. Too bad it's the inferior version.

WM also had the Sarlac battle pack (I'll pass) and the tube-shaped Jedi Luke Unleashed.

OC47150
10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Finally saw Kit Fisto's starfighter and Zev's snowspeeder at Target this weekend. I might have to get them, if they're still available in a couple of weeks.

My local club, KSWCC, had its fall festival this past weekend and I won a Sideshow 12" SW figure as a door prize!! Han!! It's my first Sideshow SW figure. It's very nice.

Ji'dai
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey, congrats!

I spotted the three OT metal tins with figures at TRU yesterday; $30 each I think. Neat idea, but I wasn't excited about the figures so I passed.

OC47150
10-24-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking about the tins as Christmas presents. Something easy the family can find.

Ji'dai
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
TRU had the Galactic Heroes battle pack / cinema scenes. They come in nice semi-circle display boxes. I saw four different ones: Escape from the Death Star, Jedi vs. Sith, Geonosis battle, and the ESB Bounty Hunter scene.

SW Christmas ornaments and decor are hitting too. TRU had some stockings with plastic Yoda and Vader heads at the top. Plus the usual ornaments from last year and wrapping paper.

OC47150
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a SW Christmas tree: all the Hallmark, some of the Christopher Radko, pewter and assorted ornaments. A friend made me a SW-themed tree skirt for my birthday this year. Last year, she made me a Yoda stocking.

I want to get the Target snow globes.

I found a new place to check for figures, at least during the holidays: Sears. I found the Endor Vader, white Rebel trooper and Naboo Obi-Wan. First time seeing any of them at retail. They were $7 each.

Ji'dai
11-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I always forget to check Sears. The local one has a small toy department during the holidays. I've seen new figures at Kohls, but they're like $9 each.

OC47150
11-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I found them last Sunday but didn't have the $$ to get them. Went back Monday and they were still there.

The packaging is a little bent, but they'll be good openers.

I haven't checked Kohls lately. I will soon. Yes, they are a little expensive.

OC47150
11-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I hit the jackpot over the weekend.

At a Target in Louisville, I found Endor Luke, and a short time later at a WM, I found the AA Rebel Endor trooper, Gragar, Dud Bolt, and holo Maul. First time I'd seen any of them in the store.

I saw the Target exclusive snowspeeder. I like it but might have to wait a couple of weeks before getting it, if it's still around.

Ji'dai
11-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I spotted the PT tin/figure sets at Wal-Mart today. TRU still has the OT tin sets. I also saw nearly all the VTSC at K-Mart today - even a Scout Trooper - but I still couldn't bring myself to buy any of them. KM has a 10% off sale on all SW toys too.

OC47150
11-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Saw the OT tins for the first time at TRU over the weekend. Not too bad looking. I might have to pick up the ANH tin.

Found a couple of AA rebel commandos and Naboo soldiers/engineers over the weekend, too.

Ji'dai
11-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Spotted the new Unleashed Battle Packs at Wal-Mart over the weekend. There are four new ROTS "Order 66" sets as well as four Battle of Hoth ones. I didn't see the Leia/Luke/Wampa set though.

I finally bought Gragra, Mars Guo & Dud Bolt, and a black Endor Trooper Sunday at WM. Passed on the holo Maul, Emperor's Wrath Vader, Gungan Rep, and Naboo Soldier.

Also saw the Darth Tater/Spud Trooper 2-pack ($15) in the collector tin at Wal-Mart as well. It's a nice looking set for the price.

OC47150
11-13-2006, 11:07 AM
My boss picked up the Costco Darth Tater/spud trooper/R2 set for me over the weekend. She has a membership and was going there shopping.

It's a nice set.

OC47150
11-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Found the Mace Windu assault battalion (see, I spelled it correctly! :thumbsup: ) battle pack at Target. Nice set. I might have to pick up another one.

Ji'dai
11-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Went to K-Mart today for their BOGO free sale on basic SW figures. I was hoping to find some of the TSC resculpts I've passed on before (Boushh, captive Chewie, etc) but ended up seeing nothing but prequel figures. So I bought a Cody and an orange Clone.

A couple Wal-Marts around here had the last OT DVDs with Marvel comic adaptations on sale for $9.72 each.

Ji'dai
11-25-2006, 01:59 PM
The local Dollar General stores have gotten in a bunch of Galactic Heroes sets. They're $6 each, so not that great a bargain.

Dollar General also has DVD's 3 for $10. I saw the new King Kong, War of the Worlds, Chronicles of Riddick, etc.

OC47150
11-27-2006, 07:48 AM
I checked out two of the three Kmarts in my area on Thanksgiving day and didn't see anything worth fighting the crowds for. One or two figures on the pegs at one, and about six at the other.

A buddy in Louisville reported the same thing, too.

I did get lucky at KB. On Black Friday, I found two white Rebel commandos. It was buy 2, get 1 free so I picked up Gragar. On Saturday, it was buy one, get one 50 percent off so I picked up Dud Bolt and the Gugan elder.

The shuttles are plentiful at the Targets around me. Don't know if I'll get one; I have the FAO Schwarz version.

Did pick up the SW Transformer set at Target for my nephew for Christmas. He'll like that.

OC47150
11-30-2006, 09:49 AM
The Clarksville Target had more than 20 Imp shuttles on the risers and endcap last night. Boy, they might make it to Christmas clearance after all!!

I read a report on Yakface this morning that the first Final 22 figures were found in Troy, Mich. I'll start checking the stores more regularly now. :yes:

Kidhuman
11-30-2006, 09:52 AM
I found em at Target in Va today also. They rang up not on file and I got em for 1.76. You guys check it out.

OC47150
11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
There were none at the major C'ville stores Wednesday night.

Ji'dai
12-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I saw the Cantina Band tin sets at Wal-Mart today. Only Greatest Repacks on the pegs though. Seriously considered buying some Hoth Unleashed Battle Packs and getting WM to match K-Mart's sale price, but ultimately talked myself out of it.

Ji'dai
12-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I did see the new Titaniums at WM - Endor AT-AT, Grievous Fighter, Naboo Starship, Paploo & Speeder Bike etc.

I also saw Galactic Heroes 2-packs with the SW logo in white with a red border. Not sure if these are new or not, but they had figures from ESB - Vader & Bespin Leia, Chewie with cargo net & 3PO, Lando, etc.

OC47150
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
A buddy found one of the clearanced snowspeeders for me. And I found one Saturday. I'm going to use the one I found for my SW club gift exchange in a couple of weeks.

I've been told the cantina band tins were found at WM.

No new figures...yet.

Ji'dai
12-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Those Cantina tin packs were shelf-warming here up until this past week. I didn't see them this morning. I have the old fan club exclusive versions so I'm passing on the tins.

TRU had the Dark Horse/Marvel Comic 2-packs, $11. They only had one left -Vader and Rebel Trooper. I usually pass on repack/repainted figures so I doubt I'll be getting these.

Also found the new Ultimate Unleashed Battle Packs at TRU too, $25. These packs have 10 figures packaged in a trapezoidal window box. Looked like repainted versions of the regular Battle Packs. Sets included Hoth, Geonosis, & Kashyyyk.

OC47150
12-11-2006, 07:19 AM
I found the new wave of figures at the NA WM on Saturday. Friends posted a message that the figures had been found in Louisville on Friday so I went out looking.

I bought the holo Cody, Imperial droid (R5?), the super battle droid and AOTC clone trooper. There were a couple of ROTS clones, Maul and Chewie on the pegs. Went back on Sunday and they were gone.

I heard the new figures and comic two-packs were found at TRU; I checked the Clarksville store but didn't see them. That store is always a little slow.

Also saw the AAT, hailfire droid and Vader's starfighter in the 30th anniversary packaging, too. I'll be picking up the starfighter real soon. May tell the folks to get it for me for Christmas. :yes:

Good hunting to one and all!

Ji'dai
12-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I saw the black astromech at TRU today so the latest TSC wave has hit locally. I imagine the clones didn't last long.

One of the Wal-Marts here had Unleashed Luke & Vader packaged in these big clear cylindrical containers, which naturally take up a lot of precious shelf space that could be devoted to something better.

OC47150
12-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I've found the entire wave at WM, so check there.

I also found the last of the Mace Windu battle packs in my area, too. Bought those Saturday night.

Ji'dai
12-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Saw the new TSC wave at TRU today. I've got the Maul and Cloud City Escape Chewie already and the clones didn't excite me. I'll never buy battle droids again, so that's that, then.

I do want the black droid though, but not for $7.

Only SW item I bought today was the Titanium Endor AT-AT. Got four of the Hoth ones. Neat vehicle.

Ji'dai
12-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Picked up a LEGO AT-ST and General Grievous Starfighter at K-Mart today. All LEGO is on sale this week; 10% off. This is my first sighting of the 2007 SW LEGO line-up.

OC47150
12-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Merry Christmas!!

In the last few days, I found the holo Cody and black Imp droid at the NA WM. I price-matched since the figs were on sale at Meijer last week and got them for $5.77. Not too shabby.

I also saw the comic 2-packs for the first time at the NA Meijer. I bought the Han and Chewie set. For $10, it's a good price.

I don't know if I'll get much SW stuff for Christmas this year. I've hinted at a few things, like the new Vader starfighter. I'll know in a little bit.

With the holidays winding down, I'm hoping the stores will clearance some of the figures out. I'd like to get a few for customizing.

Ji'dai
12-31-2006, 08:52 AM
The comic 2-packs are showing up at local Wal-Marts; $9.88 each. Not a bad price for two figs, but I'm tired of repaints of main characters.

Basic figures were red tagged too so the remaining stock may go on clearance soon.

Engineernerd
12-31-2006, 09:20 AM
The comic 2-packs are showing up at local Wal-Marts; $9.88 each. Not a bad price for two figs, but I'm tired of repaints of main characters.

Basic figures were red tagged too so the remaining stock may go on clearance soon.

I saw 'em at Target as well for about the same price. They just look like bootlegs to me in the crazy colors. Since I have all the original comics, I'm going to pass.

OC47150
01-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Target clearanced out the GH figures, snowspeeders, Imp shuttles and Fisto's starfighters (if you were lucky to find them) and they flew off the pegs. The non-GH figures are still there at regular price.

OC47150
01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
The NA WM had two of the comic 2-packs. Both were of Vader/Rebel trooper.

My Republic Commando pack arrived in the mail. It's a nice set. I wish Hasbro would released the rest of Delta Squad on a card.

And the Geo warriors aren't too bad, either.

Entertainment Earth sent me a notice that the Imperial briefing room set won't ship until February. That's fine with me.

I'm seriously thinking of dedicating a shelf/bookcase to the exclusives.

Ji'dai
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
WM raised the price on 3" Titaniums a dollar, to $5.88. I won't be buying these any more. I saw the Hailfire Droid and AAT re-releases plus a Stormtrooper blaster. If it had the folding stock like the vintage version I might've bought it. There was also a SW TSC product catalog included with the blaster.

I also saw the LEGO SW Battle Packs at a WM just over the border in IL. Still waiting for them to restock the Sail Barge.

OC47150
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ji'dai;521952]WM raised the price on 3" Titaniums a dollar, to $5.88. I won't be buying these any more. QUOTE]

That's stinks, because there's several I've been wanting to get.

I saw the sail barge at WM earlier this week. That would be nice.

I'm still wanting to pick up the A-wing Lego set.

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I am still getting WM to match the titaniums as Target has em for 4.99 each still.

OC47150
01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
And they're still $4.88 at Meijer.

The Clarksville Target had the comic 2-packs for the first time. It was the Vader/Rebel fleet trooper. Not much else.

OC47150
01-15-2007, 07:34 AM
No new figures; plenty of older ones still on the pegs everywhere.

I did find the Vader Jedi starfighter at the Clarksville Target. It was the only one on the shelf. This was a late Christmas present.

Also, KB has the collector tin sets on sale for $20. That's the cheapest I'd seen them offered. I splurged and bought the OT set. I can pick up the remaining three here and there.

Ji'dai
01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Spotted some new Titanium 3" at TRU: red TIE Interceptor, Dewback, Starfighter w/Hyperspace Ring, AT-TE, Dagobah X-Wing, AT-ST, Invisible Hand, etc. Prices on these are still under $5 each.

TRU also restocked with the last TSC wave and had a Dagobah X-Wing on the shelf.

This store is finally restocking LEGO too, but many of the new SW sets are still not in yet.

OC47150
01-24-2007, 07:56 AM
I have some friends looking for the starfighter with hyperspace ring for me. That's one I definitely want.

My Death Star briefing set arrived yesterday. Very nice set. Too bad it doesn't have a real table.

Still have my eye on the WM cantina tin set. Patiently waiting for the clearance price. Friends have told me they've found it real cheap at other WMs, but not mine. My store tends to take its time on clearance.

Ji'dai
01-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I saw the Wal-Mart TSC 2-packs yesterday, $9.96 for 2 carded figures sealed in a clamshell. I was tempted to get the white Endor trooper/Endor 3PO but passed.

OC47150
01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I've seen those, too. I might pick one or two up for the price. Good custom fodder.

New figures (the pre WM 5) are starting to show up in some stores in my area, TRU specifically. I haven't seen them yet, but am going out tonight for a quick look.

Planning on buying Timothy Zahn's new book tonight. Between the sale price, the money I have on a Borders gift card and Borders reward card, I should get it for a good price.

plokoon421
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Picked up the Betrayal on Felucia battle pack today. No new figures but I needed a Commander Bly and Its always nice to have some extra clones around. I passed on the Rescue at Illum pack.

OC47150
01-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Last night was a total bust. No new figures and the bookstore didn't have the Zahn book on sale. I'll pick the book up in a few weeks.

I did see the Invisible Hand and dewback Titanium sets.

Ji'dai
02-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Spotted the entire WM TSC wave today, but wasn't interested in repainted Cantina repacks or the astromechs. I also saw the new Battle Packs, except for the Ilum one.

OC47150
02-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Found the new Padme and Commander Appo over the weekend.

Still haven't seen the Felucia and Ilum sets.

Keep missing the Walmart 5.

Ji'dai
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Spotted the Wal-Mart wave again. Burns me that Hasbro releases Kitik after I dropped $20 for that Cantina scene. I passed on the Cantina scene with Blue Snags, so it's natural Hasbro didn't re-release a carded version of him.

Picked up the LEGO Clone & Droid Battle Packs yesterday. Not impossible to find, but still very scarce right now. The AT-ST is fairly rare too.

Ji'dai
02-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Spotted the 30th Anniv. TIE Fighter, Vader's Sith fighter, and Saesee Tiin's Jedi fighter at TRU today.

The comic 2-packs are pegwarming at K-Mart.

OC47150
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I found Mace's R2 unit for a friend in Canada. He's very happy with that.

I have a work-related event in the morning but I do have time to hit a couple of stores before getting there.

When I saw there's a second wave of the comic 2-packs coming out, I thought it might be cool to do a retro diorama using the Han and Luke stormtroopers.

OC47150
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I hit the jackpot Saturday morning at Target. They'd just stocked the SW section and I was able to get the figures I needed: Appo, camo scout trooper, combat engineer, holo Obi Wan, Vader's droid.

I still need to pick up Yarel Poof, but I think he may be a peg warmer.

Now I can sit back and wait for the 30th anniversary wave to hit.

Ji'dai
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I saw the new Galactic Heroes at WM today. Hammerhead looked pretty good. The Durge & Clone Obi-Wan was pretty cool too.

OC47150
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I specifically went out Saturday morning looking for the Obi-Wan/Durge Galactic Heroes set. Couldn't find it.

The Tantive IV battle pack has shown up. Saw it earlier in the week but it was gone by the weekend.

Ji'dai
03-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I saw the Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper yesterday. I think I've seen the Unleashed Anakin and Obi-Wan before. Must be re-releases.

The Tantive IV battle pack is easier to find. I'm not sure which troopers I have. I know Hasbro made two or three versions with different head sculpts / hair color changes.

Wal-Mart finally liquidated those Cantina tin packs at $3 each. I guess they couldn't find any takers at $7. The other tin packs are really shelf-warming at TRU. Speaking of TRU, mine restocked the Dagobah X-Wing this week.

OC47150
03-05-2007, 07:21 AM
$3?!? That's a bargain!! They're still regular price at my stores.

The Shadown Stormtrooper showed up in my area, but not at my WMs.

Yes, the Obi-Wan and Anakin Unleashed are rehashes. The only think different is the tube packaging. I like the old packaging myself. Takes up less shelf space.

Nothing new other than that.

Ji'dai
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, $3 is a great deal on the Cantina set, but I have 2-3 complete sets of the original Fan Club ones already, not to mention the Rebo band 2-packs.

I spotted the TAC Unleashed Battle Packs at WM yesterday morning. Still no sign of the basic figures though.

OC47150
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Picked up the Shadow Stormtrooper Unleashed at the C'ville WM on Saturday, and found the Obi-Wan/Durge and CW 2 Anakin Galatic Heroes sets at the C'ville TRU yesterday.

I haven't spotted any of the TAH figures yet, but they've been found in my area.

OC47150
03-14-2007, 07:23 AM
The Ilum battle packs disappeared from the Clarksville Target. There were 6 - 8 sets on Saturday, the last time I checked.

I might have to go on the hunt for one on Saturday.

Ji'dai
03-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I saw the TAC basic figures at K-Mart and TRU on Friday. Obi-Wan and R2 with blast effect were all that were left. TRU did have some of the Vader with the coin album.

OC47150
03-19-2007, 07:24 AM
The TAH figures are showing up. The Vader album showed up at the last TRU I'd think to check. I went out looking at a couple of other TRU but didn't see it. It's just a matter of time.

I had my SW club meeting this weekend and several of the TAH figures were on display.

Hasbro did wrong on Obi-Wan with the hole in the mouth. It looks weird.

The airborne trooper is too cool.

I found an Ilum battle pack so I'm happy.

OT, but my Sideshow John Wayne Green Beret figure arrived. Another great job by Sideshow.

Ji'dai
03-20-2007, 01:49 PM
I spotted the Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper blasters that shoot Nerf-like darts at Wal-Mart. Colors were a bit weird.

I checked TRU today but didn't find anything. I wanted to get a $5 gift card with a $20 SW purchase.

plokoon421
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Saw the 30AC for the first time (Finally) at TRU Greenwood last night. They had plenty of Vaders, R2s, Obis and 2 Maces. Might have to go back and take advantage of the free $5 gift card for $20 purchase before it expires on the 24th.

OC47150
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Picked up the Vader coin album at the Clarksville TRU at lunch. Used the rest of my gift card. That made my day. :)

Also had about 10 Tantive IV battle packs.

darth maul rat
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Hello

Bear with me as it has been a few years since I last posted.

I live on the West side of Indianapolis, and it has been a bit depressing for a lot of us collectors, as nothing has been happening here. It all has been in minutely small doses. I just finally saw the Elite Trooper and Appo last Thursday. All this with three Targets and Two Wal-Marts within a ten mile radius.

But when Plokoon posted yesterday I was actually hopeful, although a bit bummed since my work had required me to drive past the TRU he referenced, but time restraints prevented me from stopping. ( I also had to drive past the one on E. Washington too, so it was a double bummer). With the TRU cutbacks last year we lost our Westside TRU. I know, it's hard to complain that one of our four TRU's got closed. We are a bit spoiled here.

Anyway, I went out looking tonight and finally found some of the new figures at the Target in Avon, an area between Indy and Plainfield. They had the Vader Coin album, Mace, R2, the Super Battle Droid and Obi-Wan, so any Westsiders looking in should be a bit hopeful as things are looking up.

I really believe that some of the stores around here are holding off until Saturday and will be redoing the whole figure aisle to go along with the new Spider-Man figures that are supposed to hit then. I have been to one Target and one Wal-Mart that had huge sections of the toy aisle emptied with notes that new items would be there by Saturday, and in the case of the Target store, the areas were on opposite sides of the aisle, so maybe things will start hitting here.

plokoon421
03-23-2007, 02:16 AM
HA! Success at last! I hit target early this morning and saw the normal SW aisle cleared out and shifted. Nothing to be found. But I had a feeling, the force perhaps, so i decided to stop back by on the way to work (which i was already running late for) This time I saw more of the Saga collection put out and 2 unopen cases. The first said 06 wave 7 rev6 which I figured was no good then I saw another unopen case labeled 07 wave 1, which intriguiged me greatly. I looked around carefully no one insight and decided to negotiate with my keys and open the case, picked up galactic marine, airborne trooper, and the short-packed concept storm trooper.
I know this is fodder for another thread but is there another term for aggressive negotiations with an unopened case?

Just wondering and happy hunting!

OC47150
03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Welcome back, Darth Maul Rat.

I hope the shopping situation improves for you guys in Indy.

The Louisville/southern Indiana area is a scalpers paradise. If you don't get an item when it first hits, you either have to wait until the next shipment or miss out. And I've missed out, too.

darth maul rat
03-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome, OC. As I found out today, one of the best things about collecting is the people that you meet doing so.

I set out on Saturday morning to test my theory that Target was waiting for the Spider-Man 3 figures to reset their figure aisle. Off I went at 8 in the morning, and was sorely disappointed. Nothing but empty pegs. Oh well.

On the brighter side, I met another collecter, a nice lady by the name of Anne. After a few minutes of talking we found out we knew some of the same people. And as always, it is just plain fun to get to meet other collectors, especially when you are not trying to beat them to a figure.

As to my previous post, sometimes it feels like those of us in Indy are whining when we talk about not being able to find things, given the abundance of options we have here. But while discussing it with other collectors, there seems to all agree that things seem to happen later here than just about everywhere else. Or it could just be my Obsessive Compulsive tendencies...

OC47150
03-26-2007, 07:18 AM
It's surprising that you go 30 miles in any direction outside of Louisville and you don't have a problem finding stuff.

I did find the TAC airborne trooper over the weekend. The TAC are hitting Targets, mostly, and I saw them at three of the six stores I visited.

I specifically went out looking for Ilum and Feluccia battle packs on clearance. Saw a couple of Ilum on clearance for $13.94 but the Feluccia sets are long gone.

darth maul rat
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Here in Indy it has been Targets that have had them as well. The TRU's on the other side of town have had them, as well as the K-Mart, but on the westside, there has been nothing at K-Mart.

I made it back to the Avon Target tonight and they had the Lava Miner, the McQuarrie trooper, the Galactic Marine, and the Airborne trooper. So things are looking up.

I may hit a few other places before the weekend, depending on my schedule.

OC47150
03-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Still haven't seen the McQuarrie figure, but I've seen all the others.

Ji'dai
03-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Spotted TAC wave 1 (sans Airborne Trooper) at Wal-Mart today for the first time. Also saw several Saleucami battle packs at the same store.

plokoon421
03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Still several felucia and Illum battle packs on sale for 13.98 at the Target by my house. I am waiting for them to get clearanced again. There were a TON of the Saleucmi battle packs at the Southport Walmart (so many I see these also ending up in the clearance aisle eventually). I picked up one at regular price and maybe some more when they go on sale. After the initial first rush all I am seeing are Obi-Wans and R2s as pegwarmers for the 30AC.

OC47150
04-02-2007, 07:27 AM
The TAC wave, minus the stormie, Galactic Marine and airborne trooper, were easy to find at most of the major stores in my area over the weekend.

Saw Saesee Tiin's starfighter for the first time. I liked the color scheme.

No Saleucmi packs at my WMs.

darth maul rat
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Things were pretty much the same here on the Westside. I saw lots of R2's and Obi-Wans at the Wal-Mart in Avon and the Targets in Plainfield and Avon. The WM in Plainfield did not have any 30th stuff out yet except they were the only one of the two I went to that had the Treachery battle packs out. I would guess that they had about a dozen on the shelf, and a couple of those were damaged, pretty badly.

Right now, I am bummed about the Celebration figures. Anybody going to LA?

-dmr

OC47150
04-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Right now, I am bummed about the Celebration figures. Anybody going to LA?

-dmr

I'm sending a shopping list and $$$ with friends.

plokoon421
04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Officially spotted wave 2 of the TAC, all that was left was Luke and Han...
On the bright side Target finally lowered the clearance of Felucia and Illum battlepacks to 4.98 (woohoo) So i picked up a couple, there are still quite a few sets if anyone else is interested.

darth maul rat
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Is that the Target on Smithvalley?

plokoon421
04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
The Target on south East st by 465... going by there later today and I will report back any findings.

on a totally unrelated note do any of you know about any midnight showings of grindhouse tonight??

darth maul rat
04-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow, old school Target. I hit what is quickly becoming my favorite Target, the one in Avon, and they had five of the six of the Wave 2 figures. Can anyone guess which of the six they did not have? Cue the Jeopardy theme music. Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah... enough of that. Yeah, no Boba Fett yet, but soon, soon I tell you.

I guess at 12:22 AM even if I did know of any midnight showings of Grindhouse, it would be of little consequence. I really want to see that one, but I will probably instead take Menace, my son, to see TMNT this weekend. For those wondering, my second kid is Clone. God I need to get out of the house more often. :) :)

-dmr

plokoon421
04-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Stopped by my fav Target today and they had the order 66 2-packs, I wasn't sure about them but after checking them out I decided to pick up all 6. 2 figures nice packaging (albeit bulky) for 9.99 so 4.50 per fig is not that bad.

OC47150
04-09-2007, 07:26 AM
I had Friday off from work, Darth Maul Rat, and saw Grindhouse at the first showing. It was good. Worth the money.

I picked up two Galactic Marines and an airborne trooper at KB. They had a buy $15 worth of SW merchandise, get a free figure deal. Hard to pass up. And I hadn't seen the Galactic Marines in a couple of weeks.

The Order 66 sets are out. Going to pick 'em up in the next day or so.

darth maul rat
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey Plo I am glad to hear you got the Order 66 figs since I sort of stopped by your Target Saturday night right after they had put them out. I had gone there just to see if they still had any of the battle-packs that you said were on clearance. That and I really like the old-school Targets. I had one within a mile of my house at Washington and Girl School and man was it convenient, but they shut it down. I just really like the feel of those old style stores. I don't know why.

Anyway, I am glad to hear I didn't keep you from getting them. I grabbed all of them except the one with the AT-RT driver. I just can't get jazzed about that figure.

I hit the Target at Michigan and 465 on the Northwest side of town today and they had three Kenobis and a Han from wave 2. I had hoped to check out the one in Avon yesterday or today, but it didn't work out.

By the way, Plo, do you ever go to any of the comic shops in Indy or to Holzman's convention? One thing I have found out, in Indy there are only a few degrees of separation between any of us collectors.

Glad to hear you liked Grindhouse, OC. I wanted to see it, but instead played Daddy this weekend and took my oldest to see TMNT. It was about two minutes longer than the trailer. I think it was an hour and fifteen minutes long. They need to alternate it with Grindhouse, since it was what three and half hours long. Show one then the other, just to get their money's worth out of the room.

Oh well, that 's all I got for today. Except these Celebration guys are killing me. Two Exclusives! Maybe Acro knows somebody...

-dmr

OC47150
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I now have a complete set of the Order 66 exclusives. From what I read on the 'net, I thought these sets were going to sell out before I had a chance to find them.

A fellow collector and I were trying to get these about two weeks ago from a Target in Louisville but they wouldn't bring 'em out of the stockroom. But the clerk at the service desk was nice enough to give us the quantity list for area Targets. :)

Saw part of wave 2 at the C'ville TRU: DS trooper, Rebel ceremonial guard, Han and Luke. Boy, the cards were bent something fierce! Don't know if it was from being packed in the boxes (which I suspect) or from a person trying to tick off collectors. They'd be perfect for openers.

And a quick note to Hasbro: you took a step back with the new Luke's head sculpt. It's horrible! :upset: I might have to swap heads on that figure.

plokoon421
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Horrible luck today, hit most of the eastside locations (TRU, walmart, target, meijer) and the target by my house and found NADA. A couple Obi's and R2s thought I saw a Boba for a sec but it was an airborne trooper.
On the bright side I was at the Borders downtown (looking for the new issue of Star Wars Legacy, which is great) and found the Master Replica Darth Maul battle damaged Lightsaber for 50% off of the retail price of $99.99. But it gets better, I showed my borders rewards card and was informed I could use my personal shopping day for and extra 10% off, then the cute cashier informed me borders was doing away with their holiday reward program and I could cash in what I had. So after all was said and done I have a Master Replica Lightsaber (awesome by the way) resting on my mantle for the low, low price of $22.18.

darth maul rat
04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah, the pickings are back to slim and none here on the west side as well. I did not go out early Saturday, and then I ended up having to work late so I only managed to hit the 38th street Target. They still had a few Order 66 sets, the airborne and the galactic marine, ironically still seemed to be there.

I got restless about 1:00 in the morning and hit the Wal-Marts and the Meijer. I shoulda stood in bed. But I had not done a late night run in a while, so that was fun.

We seemed to have had a good couple of weeks and now back to the wasteland.

Hey, Plo, are you going to the Ash Comics Convention next weekend? Just curious.

OC47150
04-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Late-night runs are fun. Haven't done one myself in about two years. I have better luck early Saturday mornings.

Found two TAC Biggs' figures on the pegs at the Clarksville Target at 6:30 p.m. last night! Boy, that made my day!! :thumbsup:

I left behind a ceremonial guard.

The speeder bike two-packs are plentiful at the Clarksville WM. Still haven't hit the NA WM, as of this weekend. They've been available in Louisville for about three weeks. Distribution is funny, isn't it?

plokoon421
04-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Finally a hit! Stopped by my southside target and scored a concept Boba and Stormtrooper.Cards were definitely less than perfect. Passed on Luke, Han, Death Star Trooper. Didn't see any honor guards or Biggs. Also looked like they totally restocked all the order 66 2packs if anyone needs some.

Darth Maul Rat, don't know anything about the comic show. whats the info?

OC47150
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
The DS trooper is great, Plokoon. I highly recommend picking up a few for openers. A great improvement over the previous DS trooper.

darth maul rat
04-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, I stopped by my favorite Target (Avon) and they had restocked the first wave but that was all that was on the pegs. Which is not to say they did not have more, but I didn't see them at 8:30 tonight. Oh well.

I was in OC's neck of the woods last Friday, but did not get a chance to look for toys. I had to go to Louisville to pick up a cooler and to Lawrenceburg Ky to drop off a safe. Life is so much fun.

The convention I mentioned, Plokoon, is held pretty much every two months by ASH comics (Andy Holzman) at 21st and Shadeland at the Holiday Inn. He's been doing it for about 20 years now. It depends on how things go as to what you find there. Most of the shows tend to be comic heavy, but a friend of mine sets up there and he is a Wal-Mart Stocker so some times you can get some good things there. There are always a lot of guys there with Marvel Legends. You can usually find tons of variants in that respect.

Andy had some problems with the last show as it happened the same weekend in February that we had that bad ice storm, and the roof leaked and the power kept going in and out, so he had to cancel at the last minute. So he is trying to make sure everyone is happy this time, so he is only charging two bucks to get in. Which if you get on his e-mail list is all it ever costs. It usually runs from 10 to 4 on Sunday, so if you get the chance you might come out.

I have known Andy for 20 years, so if you do go, tell him Jim sent you and he will know who you mean. It probably won't get you anything extra, but at least he will know I am out here pulling for him.

And maybe we will run into each other.

Ji'dai
04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Found TAC wave 2 at TRU this afternoon. I only bought the McQ Fett and a Rebel Honor Guard; passed on the others.

darth maul rat
04-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey, Ji'Dai, where are you located? Are you in Indy too? Just curious.

-dmr

Ji'dai
04-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm near Terre Haute. I hit three WMs in neighboring small towns in IL and IN Saturday but didn't see anything other than the same old pegwarmers.

plokoon421
04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Saw the Bantha set today at G'wood TRU, looked pretty nice but passed. This would be great for a diorama. They still had some AT-ATs and Luke's X-Wing. They only had pegwarmers from wave 1 of the 30ac. Other than that nothing new to report.

OC47150
04-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I picked up the lava miner over the weekend. Hadn't seen it in a while and thought I better pick it up.

At my local SW meeting, one of the guys brought the Sith Infiltrator and bathna set to show off. The Infiltrator looks good. It's still hit or miss in the stores.

I'm gonna pass on the bantha. I have the previous version and it looks a whole heck of a lot better.

Ji'dai
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Wal-Marts have been a bust for me the last two weeks. Usually just TSC leftovers and TAC R2s and Obi-Wans. I'm not sure if they've actually gotten in wave 2 yet.

TRU restocked, but with the last TSC wave. I did see the new Galactic Heroes there yesterday, except for the Royal Guard pack.

Picked up three 1:18 Ultimate Soldier X-D WWII figures at WM Thursday, my first. I got Pvt. Kennett, German Infantry, and two Afrika Korps troopers: Pvt. Dieffenbach and Cpt. Newhaus. I thought about using them with my vintage Kenner Indiana Jones figures, but they are quarter-inch taller. Nice sculpting and lots of accessories for $5 each.

OC47150
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I swung by Target on the way into work and picked up a coin album on clearance for $6.98. The Tantive IV sets were gone but I plan to go huntin' tomorrow!!

I have a couple of the Ultimate Solider 1:18 figures, Germans mostly. They do a good job with them. Have'nt tried customizing them yet.

21st Century Toys/Ultimate Soldier had a line of 1:6 scale figures until about five or so years ago. The bottom just dropped out. They still produce 1:6 scale weapons sets, which some Wal-Marts carry. They released an RPG set just recently and it's pretty cool!

Some of the weapons can be modified for SW 12" figures.

plokoon421
04-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I swung by Target on the way into work and picked up a coin album on clearance for $6.98. The Tantive IV sets were gone but I plan to go huntin' tomorrow!!

I have a couple of the Ultimate Solider 1:18 figures, Germans mostly. They do a good job with them. Have'nt tried customizing them yet.

21st Century Toys/Ultimate Soldier had a line of 1:6 scale figures until about five or so years ago. The bottom just dropped out. They still produce 1:6 scale weapons sets, which some Wal-Marts carry. They released an RPG set just recently and it's pretty cool!

Some of the weapons can be modified for SW 12" figures.

I just got back from east st. target. Picked up a Vader coin album for $4.98 and a Tantive set for 9.98 (Passed on the Dagobah set, would have got it if it was the handstand Luke) I also picked up the DC superheroes Batman Batgirl 2-pack for 6.98, been admiring the sculpt on that Batman for quite a while. I thought it might look good on display but toyfare has it valued at $30.00 so maybe I won;t be opening right away.

Ji'dai
04-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Picked up my second McQ Fett and a McQ Stormtrooper at the Wal-Mart over in Paris, IL. The pegs were freshly stocked with TSC and not much room for all of wave 2. I didn't see Biggs or the Honor Guard.

darth maul rat
04-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I went out Saturday morning to the Target and WM in Avon and it was a tremendous waste of time.

I hit the TRU in Plo's neck of the woods Saturday night to pick up a bike for my son's birthday Sunday, and finally got to see the new Bantha. They had a few miners and the normal peg warmers, but no McQuarrie specials. I did snag a new Simpsons figure set, In the Belly of the Boss, just because I really love that episode.

Actually J'Dai I was in your neck of the woods earlier this week. I had to do some work on the floor tile at the Speedway station on Wabash. I do get around.

-dmr

OC47150
05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Found a Tantive IV battle pack on clearance for $13.98. Had to go to three Targets before I found one.

The TAC figures are hit or miss in my area. The usual peg warmers (Obi Wan and R2) are here but the others are harder to find.

OC47150
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Woo hoo!! My friend found the McFett figure for me!!!! That makes my day!! :yes:

darth maul rat
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Anybody in the Indy area still needing the Order 66 figures should hit the Avon Target. They still had a couple of dozen of them. Of the three Targets in the area, they are the only one that still had them. On the TAC front, they only had the new Luke and about six Kenobis and an R2.

OC47150
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Extremely slow in the south. Just peg warmersm.

The Sith infiltrators and V-wings are showing up more but I haven't seen them in the stores personally.

My latest Sideshow John Wayne figure arrived yesterday. Very nice. The fourth in the series is being advertised for fourth quarter. I'll be pre-ordering that one soon.

OC47150
05-11-2007, 03:43 PM
The Order 66 sets have disappeared from some of my Targets. Is that the case in your areas? Just curious.

Found a scout trooper and Kashyyk battle droids. Bought them and an TAC Obi-Wan and smuggler Han.

Ji'dai
05-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey OC, are those Sideshow John Wayne figures from his war movies or westerns? I like Wayne, but I prefer Eastwood westerns. Love to see some figures from his spaghetti films.

Spotted the second wave of comic 2-packs at TRU today. I normally buy EU figures, but I'm not into PT-era comic stuff. I would buy Tales of the Jedi figures in a heartbeat though.

OC47150
05-14-2007, 07:28 AM
There's been three JW figures so far: Pacific Marine (Sands of Iwo Jima) and two Green Berets, olive green fatigues and tiger stripe outfit.

A western military figure is slated for later this year. It's based on his character from She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Nathan Brittles. It looks great. I'll be getting that one, too.

The three I have are great. The Wayne family is involved in the production and approval process. Smart people.

Dragon did an Eastwood character based on Kelly's Heroes in the last 5 - 10 years. It was part of this limited edition series. And a Japanese company did an Eastwood cowboy about 10+ years ago, but that one was on the expensive side.

I hit the jackpot Friday night: found the McQuarrie stormie and Fett on the pegs at an out of the way Kmart!

I did see some Order 66 sets at a Louisville Target on Saturday. Yoda and Mace were gone. Still regular price.

plokoon421
05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Finally clearanced the order 66 2-packs at the Target on East st to 6.98. They had Vader, Mace, Ani, Darth, emperor, and Obi. I already had the whole set but i got a mace emperor and vader to possibly open or trade. Still haven't seen the Quinlan Vos yet, but I am definitely gonna pick up 2 of those. Other than that it has been relatively quiet out here.

darth maul rat
05-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Just when I was ready to consider Meijer completely useless, last night I fournd the V-Wing fighter at the Avon location. The Target there had a bunch of the Order 66 on clearance, although how that went today is anyone's guess.

I had to go to the WM in Avon this afternoon for reasons other than figures (amazing I know) and was surprised to see they had all three of the new comic 2-pks and the Sith Infiltrator and the V-wing as well. And not a single TAC figure on the racks. They also seemed to have discovered a case of the exclusives laying around, but the astro and Aurra were long gone. Still pretty much dead around here. I have not found the McBoba yet, and have pretty much resigned myself that I won't. That usually works. I am seriously considering the One of Each deal at Brians Toys.

-dmr

OC47150
05-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Don't go to the dark side, DMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Order 66 sets were plentiful this weekend at one of my Targets. I hid the Yoda set; let's see how good my hiding place is! :thumbsup:

Still haven't seen the new comic 2-packs or the new vehicles.

Ji'dai
05-25-2007, 11:39 AM
I've seen leftovers of the comic 2-pack second wave but not much else.

I did get three 1:18 WWII-era aircraft at a WM out of town yesterday, all from 21st Century Toys: a Stuka Ju-87b in desert camo paint scheme, a Messerschmitt 109G, and a F4U Corsair.

I've read 21st is making a 1:18 B-25 Mitchell, used in the Doolittle Raid. I'd love to see a B-17 in that scale, man that'd be sweet.

OC47150
05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
A friend and I went to Wonderfest, a sci-fi/horror model and movie convention that takes place in Louisville each year. Since I couldn't make it to C4, it was Wonderfest.

I bought the 'Making of Star Wars' book from a vendor. Great book. If you haven't picked it up, I highly recommend it.

Finally saw the Sith Infiltrator in the stores over the weekend, too. I will have to pick it up.

OC47150
05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Woo hoo!! Finally heard from my guys who went to C4. They got the stuff on my list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FedEx is expected to deliver their packages on Saturday.

Boy, that makes my day!!:thumbsup:

plokoon421
06-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Hit southport walmart late last night and it looked as if they had just restocked several full rows of all the new VOTC collection. I picked up a snowtrooper, IG-88, and a bossk. Han and luke looked very blah, I might reconsider on the leia. I don't know about the case assortments but they seemed to have a very small supply of the bossk. I might have to get another IG-88 to open because the articulation looks fantastic. cheers and happy hunting

OC47150
06-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Hit southport walmart late last night and it looked as if they had just restocked several full rows of all the new VOTC collection. I picked up a snowtrooper, IG-88, and a bossk. Han and luke looked very blah, I might reconsider on the leia. I don't know about the case assortments but they seemed to have a very small supply of the bossk. I might have to get another IG-88 to open because the articulation looks fantastic. cheers and happy hunting

Han's face isn't the greatest. Luke's Bespin outfit could've been torn-up, dirtied up more than what it was.

At Wonderfest last weekend, a vendor had a set of the VSTC figures for sale. $80. I didn't get 'em but someone else did. The vendor said this set might be a little harder to find 'cause Hasbro reportedly is making less. Apparently, the Big H got burned by making too many of the last ones. They're still on the pegs at some of the WMs and Meijers in my area.

Take that with a grain of salt, but I figure with all the different stores in my area, they shouldn't be a problem to find. Might have to visit more than one store to get all six.

darth maul rat
06-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, a little bit has happened for me since my last post.

My whining about not finding a McBoba led me to find one a few days later at the West side K-Mart. The also had the McQuarrie Trooper. It was the first time that I had seen any of the new figures there.

Wednesday I saw Vader #16 at the Avon Target and I talked to Darth Acro Friday night and he said he has seen the Biggs Wave 3 figure as well.

I went out tonight and the Avon WM had the Father's day 2-pk so I grabbed it for laughs. I handed it to my kids and told them to give it back to me.

The WM also had Leia and Bossk of the Vintage line, and the Avon Target had all six of them with four or five of the IG-88. But when they had said early on that they would be harder to get I ordered the whole set from New Force. It will be here Monday, and when it all said and done, I think it will be cheaper than if I got all six from Target.

On the surface that One of Each deal might seem a bit out there, but when you figure in time and gas money I still kind of wonder.

-dmr

plokoon421
06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Spotted the Vader from wave 3 at southside target today but nothing else from this wave. I would like to get a McChewie and a stormie with removable helmet. Target also had alot of the vintage sets. I think if you strike while the iron is hot you will be able to get any of these figs that you need. I am also thinking target had the vintages for a 11.99 price point, while walmart was 9.99.

Ji'dai
06-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Saw the Stormtrooper and Vader with cloak from TAC wave 3 plus the usual pegwarmers from the first two waves at the WM in Paris, IL. They also had four or five pegs completely stocked with TSC figures. This Wal-Mart also had a couple WWII German 1:18 Focke-Wolfe 190 fighters but I didn't get one.

The local TRU has new LEGO sets from City, Castle, Harry Potter, and Mars Mission themes. I expect the new Star Wars sets to hit stores soon.

OC47150
06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
I saw the entire VSTC wave at the NA WM Saturday night. There were two Han's on the pegs. One paint job was just crap; the second one looked better.

Ji'dai
06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Spotted VTSC 2.0 at TRU today; only one peg but two of each figure. I stopped collecting this line after the VOTC though. TRU also had TAC wave 2, except for concept Fett of course. Still no sign of wave 3, at least locally.

OC47150
06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone spot the WM 'I am your Father' set yet? I'm looking for it this weekend.

I'm surprised at the lack of reports on this set. May not suppose to come out until this weekend, either.

OC47150
06-11-2007, 07:46 AM
It was a very good weekend in the south. I found McChewie and the moisture thingamabob Luke! The moisture machine is great!

Also found the WM 'I'm Your Father' 2-pack and bought the VSTC snowtrooper.

Ji'dai
06-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Picked up a Jawa with LIN Droid and Academy Biggs at TRU today. I've seen all of wave 3 except for Concept Chewie and Luke.

K-Mart had freshly stocked VTSC2, but no basic figures. Wal-Mart had all the TAC Greatest Repacks. No sign of the Father's Day 2-pack.

Ji'dai
06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Scored a concept Chewie at K-Mart this morning. Also saw the Luke with vaporator, but passed. Hasbro should have included his floppy hat and macrobinoculars so he could be posed with Academy Biggs.

OC47150
06-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Finally found the Obi-Wan/Alpha Trooper comic 2-pack. It's a nice set. Too bad Obi's cloak doesn't break apart, but I can live with that.

A friend found the Biggs Academy figure for me.

Ji'dai
06-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Have you opened your Biggs yet, OC? I opened mine today and was disappointed to find that the cape had stained his white jacket where they pressed against each other in the package (upper arms, shoulders, back). I tried using some bleach water to clean it off, but no-go.

OC47150
06-18-2007, 07:31 AM
In the words of my little nephew, ah man!

I'll keep that in mind when I open mine.

plokoon421
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Man its been quiet around here. Just making sure you guys are still alive. Things have been real stagnant around here. The east st. target has clearanced the vintage figs for 8.33. I may have to pick up a couple extras for openers (especially the IG-88). Other than that not much excitement. I did have an idea to buy up all the pegwarmers let them restock then return them to another store. Any of you ever thought of this or tried it? good luck and happy hunting!

This town needs and enema!

Ji'dai
07-07-2007, 04:03 PM
After finding a Concept Chewie back in mid-June, I haven't seen much around here to speak of. I stopped looking the last couple weeks though; no sense going out on hunts until confirmed sightings of wave 4 are posted.

OC47150
07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
It's been extremely slow. Wave 3 hit about a month ago and nothing new since. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The black carded TSC are clogging the pegs down here.

OC47150
07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I picked up the vintage Luke, Han and Leia at the NA Target last night for $8.38 each. I hid (ssshhhhhhhhh) IG-88 and Bossk; let's see if they're still there after the next markdown.

Nothing else really. Still slow.

OC47150
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I found Mace Windu's starfighter at the Clarksville Target last night. Bought it for my nephew's birthday. I knew the vehicle was being re-released but not this soon. Heck, I don't even have one...yet.

My trading partner in Canada also sent me the tri-logo McQuarrie stormtrooper. Love the packaging!!!

OC47150
07-16-2007, 08:27 AM
I keep finding the remains of wave 3. Fortunately, one of the remains was Biggs, so I picked him up.

Haven't seen the jawa and droid for about a month now, so I have a friend on the lookout for me.

The Meijers down here have yet to get the TAC figures. I'm starting to wonder if they will at all.

Ji'dai
07-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm thinking that most stuff is still sitting in warehouses waiting for the upcoming holiday reset. Plus SW has been given a lower priority in favor of the other summer movie toys.

I did pick up some white AOTC clones for another board member last week from the TAC Legends wave.

OC47150
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Meijer's carrying the vehicles (I've seen the Sith infiltrator, V-wing and Mace Windu ship) and the comic 2-packs. Basic figure wise, there are still black-carded Saga on the pegs, but just one or two of those.

Does the Legends' ATOC clones have removable helmets? I saw a couple of them over the weekend but passed for now.

Ji'dai
07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Nope, the clones are a straight repack of the EE exclusive four-pack that came out a couple years ago, which in turn are pretty much the same as the super-articulated AOTC Clone Trooper from the 2003 Clone Wars line.

OC47150
07-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Too bad the clones can't be like the new stormies with removable helmets. I'll still end up buying some of the clones.

Ji'dai
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I spotted the new LEGO Trade Federation MTT, Naboo fighter with Vulture Droid, and the Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring at TRU today.

OC47150
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I saw the MTT and the Naboo fighter at WM over the weekend. Very little of anything else. :tired:

plokoon421
08-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Massive clearances found on southside of Indy!!!

I just picked up a load of the vintage wave at the target on s. east st. for the low low price of 2.98 a pop they still have quite a few (mostly Leia, a few Bossk, and Han).

Also Kmart on Madison (Close to Manual High School) Had some pretty good prices Darth Vader Carrying case w/ Obi Wan and Vader for 12.84 and the Vader with coin collecter book for 5.84

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

OC47150
08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a VSTC IG-88 and Bossk hidden at a local Target. Need to check and see if they're still there.

My box of TAC trading cards has finally shipped. I'm hoping they'll be here by the end of the week.

Wave 2 and the black carded Saga figures are still very plentiful at the Targets and WMs. They just need to be clearanced out.

OC47150
08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
All the vintage are gone from my Targets, including the ones I hid. Losing my touch. :sad:

Saw the wave 3 of the comic 2-packs today, too. Just the Luke/Mara set. I see some customizing possibilities with the Luke.

Ji'dai
08-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I saw wave 3 of the comic packs at TRU today as well. They had one of each, but the paint jobs were horrible so I thought I'd wait.

Also spotted wave 2 of TAC Legends at TRU too.

Wal-Mart has put LEGO Slave I, Jabba's Sail Barge, and the V-Wing on clearance. I might get another Sail Barge if it goes below half price.

Ji'dai
08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I saw the LEGO Sith Infiltrator at Wal-Mart today, plus two McChewies and a McStormtrooper on the pegs.

Anyway, Super WM is in the midst of their holiday reset. Looking over the planograms, they have 8 pegs set aside for basic SW figs, and 3 for the EU comic packs, plus pegs devoted to the other crap: Transformers, Galactic Heroes, and Unleashed.

I also spotted the single fig Galactic Heroes packs for the first time at a Family Dollar store.

OC47150
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
The new comic two-packs are plentiful in my area. I hid the Vader/Leia and tusken sets at a store.

The second wave of Legends figures were clogging the pegs at Target. No sign of wave 4.

But I did finally find the Jawa from wave 3, which has eluded me for two months.

OC47150
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
My local SW club meeting was this weekend. One of the guys found the Y-wing and TIE interceptor at a Lexington, KY., TRU.

Some of wave 4 were found at the same store. Saw the new Jedi Luke. The bone is cool, but the figure with its cloth vest is blah.

Nothing new in my area. Everyone is getting frustrated by the overabundance of the Legends figures.

Ji'dai
08-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I saw the LEGO Hoth Echo Base and Republic Cruiser at TRU today. Only Greatest Repacks and TAC pegwarmers are filling pegs around here. K-Mart is in the midst of a reset and hasn't put any basic SW figures out yet.

OC47150
08-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Mark this date:

Aug. 25 was the first time the NA Meijer put out any TAC figures!!! The first ones of the year!!!!

Okay, it was the second legends wave, with the sandtrooper, but dangit, it was new figures!!!!!!!!!!!

Ji'dai
08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
It will be a day long remembered...

plokoon421
08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Finally found a McChewie although the card was badly bent, hopefully I can find another then I will open this one. Other than that things have been painfully stagnant... no new comics figs, no good clearances just blah.

Ji'dai
08-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I bought my first Star Wars figures since June 16 today. Picked up both Elis Helrot and M'iiyoom Onith from wave 4 at Wal-Mart. The pegs were freshly stocked, although those two were the only wave 4 figs out. The rest were Legends. They were still stocking toys when I was there, but the dept. mgr. is a collector so I'm sure he only put out the extras from the wave 4 case and kept the rest. WM also had the new Galactic Heroes 2-packs.

Also picked up A'sharad Hett/Dark Woman & Leia/Vader comic 2-packs at WM. The paint jobs on all the Luke/Mara packs were horrible so I passed on that set yet again.

The TRU here has the TIE Interceptor in store, along with some Master Replicas force fx lightsabers ($120).

OC47150
08-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Glad to hear someone is finding the new figures.

Waves 1 and 2 and Legends are clogging the pegs down here.

The C'ville TRU had four Y-wings. Also, TRU had Master Replica light sabers, Vader and Yoda, in stock. They were $119.

And my hiding places at Target have been discovered!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!:(

Kidhuman
08-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Finally found a McChewie although the card was badly bent, hopefully I can find another then I will open this one. Other than that things have been painfully stagnant... no new comics figs, no good clearances just blah.

I have an extra McChewie on a nice card if you are interested. PM me.

Ji'dai
08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
I decided to hit the WM in the small town just north of here today. It's been a bust for me all summer but I thought that with the town's Labor Day festival this weekend WM might restock everything in anticipation of the crowds stopping in.

Good thing I did too, because that little store yielded all of wave 4 (no CZ or McVader), including the UGHs!

I picked up two UGH animated Fetts and two Umpass-stay. I passed on the Jedi Luke. Too bad Hasbro plucked CZ & McVader from this assortment otherwise I'd been good to go until wave 5.

kidhuman reporting seeing Titaniums at Dollar General so I stopped in one today. Sure enough, they had some of the figures (IG-88 and 501st Clone) and some Ultras (ARC-170, AT-AT, and Snowspeeder).

Ji'dai
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
TRU had the Galactic Heroes Battle of Naboo and Hoth sets, as well as several Y-Wings today. Didn't realize it came with both a pilot and a droid; yet it was still not enough to excite me. Although my vehicle-collecting days are behind me, I wouldn't mind seeing a Cloud Car again.

Ji'dai
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
WAVE 5!

That's right, boyos! Found nearly all of wave 5 tonight at Wal-Mart. Just stopped by there on a hunch and it actually paid off.

Hauled in:
McQuarrie Vader
Hermi Odle
3PO with Salacious Crum
Yoda & Kybuck
Darth Revan
Darth Malak
Pre-cyborg Grievous

Hermi is quite a large fig, with an equally large bubble. He doesn't look like much in the package since his soft goods are swept back and tied behind him. He looks better pictured on the cardback with his robes hung about him.

McQ Vader is different from the Leia/Vader comic pack. It's not all that special, I actually prefer the comic pack version. I'll probably get another so I can display both helmets. I think Grievous is a great-looking figure; definitely would like to pick up another.

I debated getting Yoda & Kybuck and 3PO, but ultimately bought both. I wish Yoda/Kybuck had been sculpted in the cartoon style, but ah well. It has a positive coolness factor nonetheless.

I did pass on Roron Corobb and tattooed Anakin. Had Roron been sculpted in the CW animated style, I'd probably have bought him. Plus I already have an animated tattooed Anakin from the CW line.

Didn't see McQ Starkiller Hero or CZ-4, so I plan to hit other area stores tomorrow and maybe over the weekend.