PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

OC47150
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Glad someone found something new!!

OC47150
09-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Been frustrated at finding nothing at Target and WM lately. I was at Meijer doing the weekly shopping and stopped by the toy section. The remains of the Legends wave on the pegs. I was thumbing through and what do my wandering eyes find...Elis and the drummer!!

YES!!!

At my SW meeting, a friend sold me a gold UGH airborne trooper, so I can say I have one. Really want gold UGH Han for my Han shelf.

Ji'dai
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Picked up a Mara/Luke comic pack yesterday. Mostly TAC pegwarmers and Legends clogging pegs again, epecially at TRU.

Wave 6 was listed on Amazon, but most have sold out. Both wave 5 & 6 are listed coming soon on HTS.

OC47150
09-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Nothing new to report. The Legends are clogging the pegs. The sandtrooper is showing up regularly.

The big area comic shop had a customizing contest. I entered two figures, a Clone Wars Obi Wan and a Omega Squad trooper with clone face.

I won a $20 gift certificate!!! Wasn't expecting it. I was more interested in getting the exposure than anything. But the gift card is nice.

Ji'dai
09-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrats! I take it the gift card is to be used in the comic shop? Still, that would be pretty sweet if they carry figures and stuff.

I picked up a LEGO Y-Wing and Landing Craft at WM today. Both were on clearance. I now have all the winter '07 SW releases. Need to get the Star Destroyer before it disappears too.

OC47150
09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Congrats! I take it the gift card is to be used in the comic shop? Still, that would be pretty sweet if they carry figures and stuff.

I picked up a LEGO Y-Wing and Landing Craft at WM today. Both were on clearance. I now have all the winter '07 SW releases. Need to get the Star Destroyer before it disappears too.

The shop does carry figures, but they have the comic book shop mark up to 'em. I do buy a lot of loose figures from them for customizing.

I have my eye on a statue (a Kotobukyia) that's been there for a while. Figure between the gift card and a sale, I might be able to get it.

Ji'dai
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
I noticed today that TRU is building a display near the front with several different toy lines, including Star Wars. They had a bunch of SW stuff stacked up in the aisle ready to be stocked. I saw the Arena Conflict box set and four cases of figures, including two W4R1. All were open, and the W4 boxes had already been cherry-picked.

TRU is having a store party this Saturday, and I got a $10 off coupon on a $50 purchase in the mail today. Probably use it on LEGO since I rarely find new figs there.

One WM here has a ****pot of Clones, and the other is packin' Legends Stormtroopers, those ROTS purple clones, and Mace Windus. The latter has room for more stuff though, so I keep checking to see if they put new cases out. I found most of wave 5 at that second WM, but whether lightning strikes twice is anyone's guess.

Ji'dai
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I checked back at TRU yesterday and the front display was set up. Looked pretty good, lots of pegs full of figs, though nothing but the usual pegwarmers. I did see a couple Miyoom, Elis, Umpass, and Jedi Luke from wave 4.

Big Lots had some AMT/ERTL die-cast model kits for $5 today. They had ROTS Anakin & Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters and the Droid Tri-Fighter. I don't recall ever seeing them at retail before.

OC47150
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I checked back at TRU yesterday and the front display was set up. Looked pretty good, lots of pegs full of figs, though nothing but the usual pegwarmers. I did see a couple Miyoom, Elis, Umpass, and Jedi Luke from wave 4.

Big Lots had some AMT/ERTL die-cast model kits for $5 today. They had ROTS Anakin & Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters and the Droid Tri-Fighter. I don't recall ever seeing them at retail before.

I went to a sci-fi convention shortly after ROTS came out, and there were a lot of ERTL models for sale. But I don't recall the die-cast.

Saturday morning, I found the McQuarrie Vader, holiday special Fett, CZ-4 and extras of a cantina alien and the drummer at Meijer. Meijer's been kind to me lately. :yes:

Ji'dai
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
WAVE 6!

Found wave six this afternoon at Wal-Mart, along with a few other goodies:

UGH McQuarrie Fett
UGH McQuarrie Stormtrooper x2
UGH Biggs (X-Wing Pilot)
McQuarrie Vader
CZ-4

I'll probably keep the McQ Fett and one of the McQ Stormtroopers carded. I never picked up a X-Wing Biggs the first time and decided to get one next time I saw it.

Wave 6 stuff:
Han with Torture Rack
Smuggler Lando
General McQuarrie
4-LOM
McQuarrie Snowtrooper x2

I think the Snowtrooper is awesome. I wouldn't mind getting 2-3 more to make a squad.

Lando, Gen. McQuarrie, and 4-LOM are average fare. I may return 4-LOM since I'm happy with the POTF2 version and I've read a lot of bad things about broken wrist joints on the new one.

Torture rack Han is such an oddball figure I had to get him, though the criticisms posted about him are much-deserved.

And OC, I picked up a UGH gold coin #11 Han Solo for you if you're still looking for one. I have some other stuff you might want too. PM me if interested.

Ji'dai
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Checked back at my favorite WM this morning and they had put out another case of Wave 6. I picked up 2 more McQuarrie Snowtroopers.

Also saw Legends Wave 3 at another WM. Got 2 Darktroopers and a UGH McQuarrie Fett.

Ji'dai
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
K-Mart has SW figs on sale this week for $5.99. It's in their weekly flyer, so you should be able to price match at WM or any other store that does that sort of thing.

I'm hoping that this will clear some of the pegwarmers out of WM so *new* stuff can be stocked. Not much of a savings though - a buck at KM and 64 cents at WM.

OC47150
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I priced-matched using the Kmart price at a WM tonight. Got the pit droid 2-pack and an extra moisture vaporator Luke for $5.99. Want the extra vaporator for a diorama.

The WM I was at had at least 7 stormies. I thought the removable helmet version would fly off the pegs. But they haven't.

Ji'dai
10-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't want any Jango-headed Stormtroopers, personally. The basic line is just overpriced and Hasbro is over-producing army builders to keep up with imagined demand. If figures were $5 instead of $7, troopers would fly off the pegs.

I saw the Vader/Death Star Transformer at TRU. Big box, big price. TRU is about two waves behind WM, par for the course. Both WMs here are full of pegwarmers now so I doubt I'll see anything new for awhile unless they open up an endcap for figures.

Mvader91
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Toys R Us in Castleton has steadily been getting Wave 6 and 4. 5 has yet to hit. Hearing that the case is an awkward size due to Hemie Odle.

Ji'dai
10-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Starkiller still eludes me from wave five. I saw remnants of that wave at a couple Wal-Marts out-of-town today but Starkiller was not to be found. What's ironic is she will probably be easier for me to find if Hasbro releases her on a UGH card.

I did pick up another Hermi Odle and Yoda/Kybuck today; both had better paint jobs than the ones I have.

For those lurkers in the Greencastle, IN, area: Super Wal-Mart has an entire end cap full of Legends wave 3. I saw the red pit droids, yellow Clone Officer, and clean Sandtrooper (didn't check shoulder paldrons) for the first time. They also had about dozen each gray Clone Comdrs, blue Clone Offcrs, Dark Troopers, Sandtroopers, and Pit Droids on the pegs, not to mention the other repacked crap from the Legends line.

Ji'dai
10-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Hit the small Wal-Mart in Clinton, IN, late this morning and found all of Wave 5 on the pegs. Picked up Hermi, pre-cyborg Grievous, Malak, Revan, 3PO/Salacious, Yoda/Kybuck, Starkiller Hero, and a McQuarrie Stormtrooper to boot.

I'm now caught up through wave 6, at least for the figures I wanted. I'd like to get another Starkiller and I'm always looking for more McSnowtroopers.

OC47150
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
My friend at church hooked me up with an gold coined UGH darktrooper. Very cool.

Saw the remains of wave 5at the NA Wal-Mart this morning.

Ji'dai
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I saw the Biker Scout, RA-7, Imperial astromech, TC-14, etc. at Kohls this morning. Figures are $9.99 there, but with their 30% off sale, they ring up a competitive $6.99. Debated getting the Scouts and the Imperial astromech, but I wasn't sure if the droid was even in ANH or is one of those Hasbro-fabricated EU figures.

Ji'dai
10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Picked up a blonde-hair Imperial Officer today. First time I've seen that one.

Also spotted the Unleashed mini-figure single packs at a Dollar General. Three bucks each!

OC47150
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
I had my friend at church be on the lookout for Hermi and Yoda/kybuck. He called me mid-week and said WM had an end-cap full of figures.

I didn't get to the WM until the weekend. I figured, okay, several days have passed and the figures will be gone. But there, on a Saturday night at 7 p.m., were three Hermis and three Kybuck Yoda's on the pegs.

The CW Anakin, 3po and Ronon were still there, too, but no McQuarrie figure or the darths.

Ji'dai
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Wal-Mart has dropped basic SW figure prices to $5.88. Looked like they had a revision case of wave 4 with concept Vader and CZ on the pegs.

Kohls put out wave 6, but the McSnowtroopers were gone. Basic figures are 7.99 with their 20% off sale.

Stopped by TRU thinking it'd be a waste of time, but was surprised to find 2 McSnowtroopers on the pegs along with the rest of wave 6. The McQ figs went home with me.

EDIT:

Decided to hit the other Wal-Mart before I went home and found Wave 7! SW figs were $5.88 here too. I was at this store yesterday and didn't think they'd put anything out since the pegs were already overflowing with various pegwarmers. At least the trip paid off. I got:

Romba & Graak - more Ewoks, yeah!
Tycho Celchu x2 - nice figure, bought two to display with or without helmet
R2-D2 with Cargo Net - need another R2 like I need another orfice, but I'm a sucker for Ewok/Endor stuff
McQuarrie Han Solo x2 - love this subline!

Of all the non-exclusive McQuarries, Starkiller has been the toughest to find. I've only seen one of her so far, but multiples of the others.

OC47150
11-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I keep running into the remains of wave 5. 3PO/Salacious and Ronon are pretty plentiful.

Saw the Imp officer for the first time tonight. The card was pretty bent up.

Ji'dai
11-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Though nothing new to report on the SW front, I did see about a dozen Transformers Masterpiece Starscreams at Wal-Mart this morning.

OC47150
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Wave 7 has been found in my area at a WM. Don't know which one, but I haven't seen 'em.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
The Biker Scout / droids Legends are hitting WM. I even saw the goofy orange Pit Droids today.

Came across wave 5 today at K-Mart, of all places. They were 6.99 and they refused to price match with Wal-Mart's ad. I bought a Starkiller anyway since she's so hard to find in these parts.

Also keep forgetting to mention that the Sears anchor store in the mall here has a small toy section. The planograms I looked at a few weeks ago showed TSC figures so I wasn't sure what to expect. I checked back today and saw the Sandtrooper Legends assortment. Figs are 6.99.

OC47150
11-16-2007, 08:06 PM
For a moment, I had the motherlode of figures in my hands. RA-7, McQuarrie snowtrooper, the new Imp droid. Found them at Kohl's.

Then I saw the price tag: $9.99.

Ouch!!!

I put them back down. I checked the dept. for a sale price but couldn't find one.

I can wait till WM or Target.

I also noticed Target lowered the price on basic figures by a whopping 20 cents or so. Oooooooooooooooo.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Should've scanned them just to make sure, OC. The Kohls here has 20% off all action figures, but they have a sign posted with a percent-off/sale-price conversion chart in the toy aisle too.

Depending on how hard it is find McSnowtroopers in your area, $10 might be a good deal if it saves time & gas hunting for them in the long run.

OC47150
11-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Might have to run back out and check. Thanks, Ji'dai.

I looked around for a scanner but didn't see one.

Ji'dai
11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Went on a little shopping trip out of town today, but didn't find much. Probably hit stores a little too late in the day for new stuff.

Brazil Wal-Mart
Picked up 3 McQuarrie Snowtroopers and got them to lower the price to 5.88.

Greencastle Super Wal-Mart
Whole lotta nothin'

Avon Super Wal-Mart
Saw one Jango Fett with pancho from Wave 8. Also had Hunt for Grievous and Betrayal on Bespin Battle Packs.

Avon Super Target
Got to see the LEGO TIE Crawler for the first time in person.

Indianapolis - Castleton TRU
Usual pegwarmers and Legends.

Indianapolis - Castleton Mall KB
Didn't realize this store was still in business. Had all the VTSC2 for $12 each.

Indianapolis - Greenwood Super Target
Typical leftovers, nothing special.

Edinburgh Outlet Mall - KB
Lots of wave 6, including McSnowtroopers, but figures are $8 each. Hunt for Grievous and Betrayal on Bespin Battle Packs were in store too, $25 each.

Plainfield Super K-Mart
Last time I was at this store it was still a Big K. Prices were freakin' high as hell here. Almost $9 for basic figures! Must be punishing their customers for the upgrade to a supercenter.

Plainfield Target
Usual remnants.

Plainfield Super Wal-Mart
Mostly pegwarmers, some Biker Scouts. Had lots of pallets on the floor, but I didn't see any 30AC cases.

OC47150
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Wow, sounds like you made the rounds, Ji'dai!

I hosted my SW club's monthly meeting this weekend. It was a good time. I got my SW Christmas tree up last weekend for them.

Between getting ready for the meeting and helping do Thanksgiving baskets for church, my toy looking was pretty limited this weekend.

A couple of club members have already bought the Target exclusive Hoth and Endor sets. Heard they're worth the money. I'm asking for one for Christmas.

The wave containing the destroyer droid with bubble was found at my local WM.

A friend did pick up the red battle droid two-pack for me.

Now just waiting for the Black Friday sales!!! :D

Ji'dai
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I saw quite a few Treachery on Saleucami battle packs at Wal-Mart this evening. The one with the two BARC speeders with Neyo and another Clone, runs about 20 bucks.

Ji'dai
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
K-Mart had the new tin sets this morning. Opened the case on the pallet but didn't bother to take any out.

OC47150
11-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Picked up two VSTC snowtroopers, Bossk and IG-88 at the KB sale this morning.

Wednesday night, I had one of the WM exclusive lightsabers in my hands but wasn't allowed to purchase it. Went back this morning, before 6 a.m., and they were all gone. A little ticked off. Figured if I fussed Wednesday night I could've got it, but it's the store I frequent the most.

Saw the battle for Coruscant battle pack at Target but nothing else. No ARC-170 battle pack or vehicle.

autumnsdescent
11-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Found the A-wing pilot, Anakin Ghost, & R2 with net at WM at 146th street on Wednesday afternoon.

Found Anakin (tatoo'd clone wars), 3PO/Salacious, & Yoda w/ Kubrik at WM at 96th and I-69 a week ago.

Still looking for Revan, Malak, Grevious, & Starkiller from wave 5.

Anyone on the South side of the city finding anything?

-A-

Ji'dai
11-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Stayed home Black Friday, but made the rounds in Terre Haute this morning.

Both Wal-Marts had the new comic packs, but I didn't like the paint jobs on the Fel & Hobbie sets. After seeing Kofi & Bultar in person I decided not to get that one. Was never interested in the Anakin/Assassin Droid pack.

K-Mart has a BOGO sale on all SW, but I thought it was funny that the only figures left were Vaders and Clones. A lot of them.

Kohls was the biggest surprise today. They had freshly stocked pegs of Wave 5 and 6, on "sale" for $6.99. Did see a few McSnowtroopers but no Starkillers. I think I've got my fill of McSnowtroopers - ended up with 12 of them all told.

The only thing I bought today was the LEGO System Star Destroyer and a Vikings set (for 1/2 price) at TRU.

Ji'dai
11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Came across lots of Wave 8 at TRU around noon. I picked up 4 McQuarrie Rebel Troopers, a Fireside Padme, and a UGH McQuarrie Chewie. I'm not interested in the Clones or shielded Destroyer Droid. Voolvif Monn looked pretty cool but I didn't get him. Might pick him up later if I see one at WM.

According to my records, this is the first time since April 19th that I've seen new stuff at TRU before seeing it at Wal-Mart first! (I found a McQuarrie Boba Fett at TRU on that date, a little over a week before finding another at WM).

Still no sign of 7.5.

OC47150
11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Really? I've seen the Saga Legends stuff first at TRU before WM.

Too much new stuff hitting the stores right now.

Ji'dai
11-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Yep, the TRU here tends to run behind WM in stocking the latest waves. I guess I don't pay much attention to the Legends figures since they are all repacks, and not as exciting as the new stuff in the regular line.

Things are actually winding down for me as there are many figures I don't want from waves 7.5 and 8. It's not like waves 4-7, where I was buying nearly every figure. I'm not interested in the battlepacks, multipacks, or vehicles; and now that I have the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper and Fireside Padme, it's a bit of a relief that I'm pretty much finished with collecting Hasbro SW for the year.

I wonder if any 2008 figures will hit before January/February. If basic figure prices go up significantly next year I doubt I'll continue collecting.

OC47150
11-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm still looking for most of the basic figures, waves 6 - 8. Day late, dollar short. That seems to be my story.

I'm not a completist, so I've passed over most of the Legends figures, just picking up the ones I'm interested in. I figure some of the stores will clearance them out after Christmas, so I can get some army builders or custom fodder at that time.

The WM exclusive 2-packs interest me the most right now. I need to get a few of the older packs; some of them are on my Christmas list.

I want to see the Target ARC-170 crew battle pack in person before I decide on buying one. I have a couple of loose CW pilots. Again, Target has a habit of clearancing these sets out just before Christmas, so I might wait.

Ji'dai
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, if there's anything you're looking for in particular let me know and I'll keep a look out.

I spotted Wave 7 at WM late this afternoon. Hard to believe they were still all there, but it looked like only kids had been checking them out and laying them back down.

Also saw the latest SW Transformers at the same WM: AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Turbo Tank, etc.

Speaking of WM, their "big toy book" ad circular expires Dec. 2nd. It's got SW figure prices listed at 5.88 in it, and I'm wondering if prices will go back up on Dec. 3rd.

Which is why I bought another Legends Biker Scout and the Imp Officer with the sparkling blue eyes. I think I have all the IO variants now.

OC47150
12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I found McHan and Tycho this morning. The pegs at my WM were overflowing with figures.

Unfortunately, no Mcsnowie.

Mvader91
12-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Castleton WM had wv7 all available as well as Carmel. Target has been getting wv7.5. Ultimate BP's seem to be selling well.

Ji'dai
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Not much to see around these parts this morning. I did spot the Comic Packs with the all-white stormtroopers at WM. The helmets still have red eyes though.

Found a Fel/Hobbie pack with a good paint job so I got that one. Also picked up a 25th GI Joe Shipwreck with anchor tat for my cousin.

OC47150
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I have yet to see any of the Target exclusives in the stores, and I've been in a couple of major Targets over the weekend. I'll be hitting more stores in the next week or two as I finish my Christmas shopping.

I'm also surprised I haven't seen any of the Hoth or Endor supersets still sitting around.

And has anyone came across the WM exclusive comic 2-packs?

autumnsdescent
12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
This afternoon (12/09/07) Target in Fishers (116th street) had the Kashyyk (sp?) set on an endcap, along with two of the new Arc fighters (in damaged boxes) and the Arc fighter crew scene box.

Still haven't seen the new Hoth superset yet.

Wal-Mart in Fishers (96th street) had all of the Tycho / Spirit Anakin wave minus the concept Han Solo.

This past week, thanks to K-Marts and Kohl's stores (yeah, a little higher priced and people don't usually check there for SW figs), I *finally* managed to complete all of wave 5 except for the Starkiller Hero.

If I can find the Han, Starkiller, & Rebel Fleet Trooper concept figs, I'm done for the year.

Ji'dai
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
And has anyone came across the WM exclusive comic 2-packs? I haven't seen them in my neck of the woods. I check the other active just found threads on this site and I don't think anyone else has reported seeing them yet either.

autumnsdescent
12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Toys R Us in Castleton had wave 7.5 (repaints: Pax, Naboo Soldier, Clone Trooper w/ Poncho, etc.) this morning. When I arrived shortly after 12 noon, just a couple from that wave were left.

Ji'dai
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I finally saw wave 7.5 at TRU today for the first time. I was going to get a Vanguard Trooper and Pax, but after seeing them in person decided not to.

I'm anxiously awaiting the LEGO Indiana Jones sets. They've hit LEGO Stores and some TRUs around the country so I'm hoping to see the sets before Christmas.

OC47150
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I hit the jackpot Friday night at Kohl's. Stopped by at 11:45 p.m. and found Darth Malak, Darth Revan, pre-cyborg Grevious and Mcsnowie on the pegs. And the best part: they were on sale!! After the discounts, I got 'em for about the Target price.

Ji'dai
12-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Anyone in the Indianapolis area see the Indiana Jones LEGO sets at any of the TRUs yet?

---

I checked the toy aisles at WM this afternoon after picking up the Simpsons Movie, but the pegs are thinning out with Legends remaining. They have an absolute ton of Galactic Heroes 2-packs out, practically taking over other the toy sections. I even found more of these things out in the garden center. Also sighted several pallets of SW Transformers. Ugh.

Mvader91
12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Castleton Toys Rus put out 48, yes, 48 cases of Legends today. Are you freakin kidding!

Ji'dai
12-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Spotted the GH Cantina sets at WM this evening. You can put the two halves together to make a circle and form a Cantina playset. Very cute, but I don't collect the line.

Haven't seen any new figures lately. The WMs here have gotten in a ****load of GH packs instead.

Shelves and pegs everywhere are thinning out. Kind of depressing really. I know there'll probably be a mini-drought the first part of next year as stores downsize their toy sections. I've been spoiled since Labor Day; this Fall I've been able to go to stores to find either freshly stocked pegs or new waves hitting every 2-3 weeks.

Ji'dai
12-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Called TRU this morning to check if the LEGO Indiana Jones set were in and finally got an affirmative after holding for about 20 minutes. So I drove down and they had 3 of the four sets in. I got the Motorcycle Chase, Well of Souls, and Peru Temple Escape.

Also spotted the new '08 SW sets, except for the Imperial Dropship. I debated getting the Force Unleashed Rogue Shadow, but put it back. I like the looks of that one.

OC47150
12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
One of my holiday traditions is, the Sunday before Christmas, to go out and look for bargains. Most of the stores start clearancing now or shortly before, and I've picked up exclusive SW items at decent prices.

Boy, nothing was marked down.

I did see two Target exclusive ARC-170s at a Target that's about 30 minutes away. Other than that and the half-shield destroyer droid which I bought, nothing. Nada.

I also saw the WM Max Rebo bands and the GH Heroes cantina sets. The band packs are nice, but they'll get marked down. I can wait.

One WM I visited had 13 Saga 3POs and 5 preggie Padmes on the pegs. Another WM had the Saga clone engineer, too.

Lot of bare pegs and some Targets have already relocated the SW/action figure areas.

I was hoping to pick up a couple of the round SW ornaments from Target, but they were all gone.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Hoosier SW collectors!! I hope Santa brings what's on your list. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I made the rounds this morning but only spotted a lone Voolvif Mon at Kmart amid a bunch of Clones. Kohls had most of wave 5, except for Revan. I found a Yoda/Kybuck near housewares so Revan may have been in there somewhere. Sorely tempted to get the Starkiller, but she was still $8.99 on sale.

I rarely see clearance sales before Christmas here. I don't know what they'd be clearancing anyway, unless they have more stuff in the back that they haven't put out yet.

Have a great holiday everyone!

OC47150
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Had to make a late-night run to WM for cake mix and frosting for mom. I found the hawkbat clone trooper and Rebel trooper with cannon. They made for a nice early Christmas present.

Ji'dai
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Spotted the Force Unleashed lightsabers at one of the WMs here. Stores either have nothing at all or pegwarmers. Neither WM or KM has started their reset.

Popped into Radio Shack to check on the Master Replicas SW mini-lightsaber laser pointers and flashlights and found several Maul and one Vader laser pointer. They are on sale for $4.99. I thought about getting the Vader laser pointer, but then thought, when would I ever use it?

OC47150
01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Saw the new Evolutions sets and the Mighty Muggs at three different stores today. I liked the packaging on the Evolutions sets, better than the previous versions.

I might have to get the Han and Fett Muggs, if I have the extra money.

OC47150
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
The pegs are still pretty bare around here.

Did see the new Force Unleashed lightsabers at the Clarksville WM. They were pretty cool. I might have to get the nephew one for his birthday this summer. :)

I did notice the comic 2-packs were in abundance at one of the local Targets but the price increased by $2, too. They're $11.99.

Meijer also raised the price on basic figures, too, to $7.29.

Mvader91
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Same in Castleton. However, the later waves are sparsely apparent. Could be returns. Joe 5 pks are 8.48 at Targets.

Ji'dai
01-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I saw the WM Comic Packs this week except for the Bail/Obi-Wan set. TRU had all of wave 8 except for the McTrooper.

Pegs and shelves are sparsely stocked here. I've been looking for the new LEGO SW sets but to no avail.

Ji'dai
01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
TRU had the Sith and Clone Evolutions sets today. WM is in the middle of their reset.

OC47150
01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I have the Fett and galactic Marine WM comic 2-packs in my possession, and a friend picked up the Twins set for me. Made my weekend!

OC47150
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I have the Separation of the Twins 2-pack in my possession now so I'm happy.

The pegs are still bare around here. That's a good thing since I don't have the money to get anything right now.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Things are spotty here in the South Bend area. Some wave 8 at TRU and one Wal-Mart has the exclusive comic-packs minus Bail/Obi.

Ji'dai
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I've seen all the WM comic packs now but I'm not interested in them at all.

TRU has been on the ball lately, no bare pegs here. Today I saw all of wave 8, the Evolutions sets, and all the Mighty Muggs. I don't get the appeal of those things.

OC47150
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I had the strangest dream involving SW figures. Can't remember if it was a poster or ad, but the fine print underneath the destroyer droid with half shield said 'limited quantity."

I thought, damn! I need a couple more of those. I only have one.

Ji'dai
01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I dream about SW and LEGO toys every once in awhile. They usually tend to involve new toys I've never seen or older, out-of-production or vintage stuff. In these dreams, I often find myself at some store and come upon a display of brand-spanking new vintage toys or old LEGO sets and contemplate how I'm going to get all this great stuff out of there as quickly as possible.

OC47150
01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Another reoccuring dream/nightmare I've had is, I go to a store and find everything I want: figures, ships, playsets. The cart is overflowing. And when I get to the cash register, I have no money or credit card!!

It all goes back.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Another reoccuring dream/nightmare I've had is, I go to a store and find everything I want: figures, ships, playsets. The cart is overflowing. And when I get to the cash register, I have no money or credit card!!

It all goes back.

That's a really crappy dream. Actually had that happen to me one time where I had a big score and and less money on my card than I thought. Luckily my wife was able to bail me out.

OC47150
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I've had to put stuff back before because I had the outdated credit card with me. Not fun.

Saw the Fett and Maul Muggs and Fett bobblehead at Target over the weekend. If I had the money, I would've gotten the Fett Mugg. It's just different.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I've had to put stuff back before because I had the outdated credit card with me. Not fun.

Saw the Fett and Maul Muggs and Fett bobblehead at Target over the weekend. If I had the money, I would've gotten the Fett Mugg. It's just different.

Ouch. After that one misshap, I always make sure I'm covered.

My Target has the Vader and Stormtrooper bobbles, and the Boba mugg. I'm passing on the muggs though. Bogged down on the pegs with waves 6 and 7 at the moment.

Ji'dai
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
WM has raised prices on SW: basic figures are 6.63, Titaniums 6.76, and Comic Packs are 10.88 now. Friggin' gasoline jumped 25 cents overnight too. I knew I should've filled up last night.

I saw 2 of the three new Comic Packs at WM this morning, looks like someone nabbed the Stormtrooper 2-pack. I like that one and the Lt. Jundland/Deena Shan pack. I'll be passing on the Clone/SBD.

Ji'dai
02-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Stopped by WM late this afternoon and found remnants of '08 Wave 1: Po Nudo and 2-1B along with a few TAC repacks with the display stands rather than coins. The Force Unleashed figures are blacked out on some cardbacks while on others the figures are shown. There are also some major errors on a few of the cardback figure checklists I looked at; figure pics and names were all mixed up.

WM also had all "The Force Unleashed" Unleashed figurine packs but I don't collect that line. Thought about getting 2-1B but the POTF2 version is good enough for my needs.

OC47150
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Haven't seen any of the new figures yet. I'm on the lookout.

Did anyone's WM get the Max Rebo sets? These were supposed to be out at Christmas, and I only saw them at one WM in Louisville the weekend before Christmas. They're repacks of the POTF2 figures from eight or so years ago. No new accessories. At least Hasbro could've tossed in some mike stands!

I wasn't planning on getting 'em but just find it odd that the two WMs nearest to me are either: slow on getting stuff; not putting it out; or never receive it.

I still don't think the NA WM got the exclusive comic 2-packs.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Haven't seen any of the new figures yet. I'm on the lookout.

Did anyone's WM get the Max Rebo sets? These were supposed to be out at Christmas, and I only saw them at one WM in Louisville the weekend before Christmas. They're repacks of the POTF2 figures from eight or so years ago. No new accessories. At least Hasbro could've tossed in some mike stands!

I wasn't planning on getting 'em but just find it odd that the two WMs nearest to me are either: slow on getting stuff; not putting it out; or never receive it.

I still don't think the NA WM got the exclusive comic 2-packs.

I have 3 WM in my area with another on the way. Of the 3 only one had the comic packs with the exception of Bail/Obi. None of them has had the Rebo packs and I have yet to see 2008 wave 1. We seem to get everything last out here.:mad:

Kidhuman
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
If you want the exclusive comic or Max Rebo packs, go to WM.com and get them shipped to the store at no extra cost than retail. They dont have the Twin Comic Packs.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
If you want the exclusive comic or Max Rebo packs, go to WM.com and get them shipped to the store at no extra cost than retail. They dont have the Twin Comic Packs.

They had the twins comic pack last week. That's how I got mine. Must be sold out now though. I picked mine up today, and that's the first time I used the site to store feature. Not bad really. I wish more stores offerd it. Maybe they do and I just don't use them online enough, but I was happy with my WM purchase.

Ji'dai
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I never saw the Max Rebo band packs at any of the WMs in this area. Not really a problem since I already have those figures anyway.

I have seen the six new Comic Packs, including the 3 WM exclusive ones. We've really got a glut of Keller/Marine & Fett/RA-7 packs here. I'm sick of seeing them already. The Bail/Obi & Mouse/Basso packs are the most popular. Only seen those two once.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I had to go out to pay a bill so I stopped by one of my Wal Marts and there was nothing but Saga Legends on the pegs. They did have a Hunt for Grievous BP so I picked it up to get an extra set. Out of all the ones I've seen in TAC packaging this one was the best so far as the paint aps go.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Score! One of my local Wal-Marts finally put out the 2008 figures. The new clones, and Po Nudo were long gone but they had a few 2-1Bs, Panning Droids, several Anakins and Obi-Wans, a bunch of Jangos w stand, and 1 Hawkbat w stand.

I picked up the Deuce, Panning Droid and Hawkbat. Left the others cause they'll probably sit for another day or two.

OC47150
02-09-2008, 07:07 PM
The last figure wave of '07 is still hitting the stores in my area. Boy, the Hawk-Bat trooper is abundant. I saw at least a dozen today.

Ji'dai
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Finally saw the Panning Droid and Tri-Droid from wave 1 this afternoon at WM. They also had Obi-Wan. Still have yet to see the Clones or new Evolution sets, though I doubt I'll get them.

OC47150
02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Picked up a Hawk-Bat trooper last night. Like the young clone head sculpt.

Nothing new to report otherwise.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Found the new Comic Packs at my local TRU this morning. I picked up the Mouse and Basso and passed on the other two for now. My TRU has also moved their SW merch to its own seperate section. I'm guessing they're getting ready for July a bit early, because the other half of the shelf space was empty. Quite possibly to stock all the Indy and CW stuff when it finally does arrives.

Ji'dai
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
The TRU here expanded their SW section too. There are now 20 pegs for basic figures; and surprisingly, not many pegwarmers at all. Looked like they put out cases of 2007 TAC 7.5 and 8 Thursday or Friday, but there were also McQuarrie Han Solos in the mix along with a couple McQ Rebel Troopers. I know Starkiller is shipping again but I have yet to see her.

OC47150
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I saw plenty of rehashed figures with the CW figure redemption sticker on Saturday. Don't know if the sticker is on all figures or just selected ones. I saw it on Vader, R2, Boba Fett, pit droids and stormies and clones.

Saw the remains of wave 2 of the mighty muggs. Saw Obi-Wan and 3PO.

I'm still picking up the last few '07 figures I need. Picked up Jango, CW Anakin, and a couple of Hawk-Bat troopers.

Had my monthly club meeting. We checked out Toy Fair coveraged and 'ooed' and 'awed' over some of the new pics.

OC47150
02-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Saw two of the three new comic 2-packs at the Clarksville WM this morning. I bought the Juntland/Shen pack; gonna use the Shen figure and customize an Admiral Daala figure.

Saw picked up an R2-B1 and Spirit Anakin at the Clarksville Target.

I also saw the Target SW Easter goodies, too. Might have to pick 'em up in a few weeks.

Ji'dai
02-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Spotted the Jabba's Band cinema scenes at WM yesterday. On the lookout for TFU figures (wave 2) but haven't seen much. I still have yet to come across the two Clones from wave 1.

darth maul rat
03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, it's been a while since I posted here, but the last few hours have been really good.

The last few months around Indy have been dead. Through a little luck I got most of the wave 8 line, but that was it and it was over a month ago. I usually go out and check things out during the week and on Saturday night, but last night someone decided to drive their car through the front of a Speedway station, so I had to go rebuild that, and it threw my whole routine off, which was a good thing.

I went out to the Plainfield Walmart this morning, and as usual there was nothing except the new 2-packs, which I was considering. I had other shopping to do, so I thought I would mull it over while I shopped. As I went to leave the area, I noticed there was a woman stocking the toy area and on the top of her cart was a case of SW figures. She didn't really look the type to want to deal with me bugging her, and I wasn't sure they were even new figures anyway, so I went off to the other side of the store to get cokes and such. I came back to the toys right before I left and she was just opening the case, and put out the entire Force Unleashed line, as well as the two clones from wave 1. It worked out pretty well.

So feeling pretty lucky I went to Avon Walmart, and they had the Panning droid and the 2-1B, as well as all many of the new Evolutions sets. But I had pretty much already spent myself into oblivion, so opted to leave the Evolutions until a later date. It's like Indiana weather, when it rains it pours.

-jim

Mvader91
03-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Carmel and Fishers WM's received Force unleashed cases,newEvolutions, Millenium Falcon GH,Tons and Tons of Transformers.

autumnsdescent
03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Carmel and Fishers WM's received Force unleashed cases,newEvolutions, Millenium Falcon GH,Tons and Tons of Transformers.

Just got back from a late night run of 96th Street Wal-Mart in Fishers, Wal-Mart at Pendleton Pike, and Wal-Mart at 146th Street in Carmel.

96th Street in Fishers: I got the last 2 Force Unleashed figs they had. There's an end-cap with plenty of GA Falcons for those that collect 'em. They had most of 08 wave 1 minus the clones and tri droid.

Pendleton Pike - Nada.

146th Street in Carmel: Had most of 08 Wave 1 & a ton of the new evolutions sets. Guy was stocking when I got there. We were casually chatting and I was venting frustration at stores not rotating stock, fueled by employees who don't realize there are two separate lines of figures, which results in the peg warmer phenom. The employee shared the frustration and said that the purchasing manager for that store stopped ordering SW figures because they weren't selling... and what was being put out at the moment was all they had left from the back room. The guy stocking also mentioned that during his hiring interview they asked him directly if he collected action figures. When he said no, they said, "good, you're stocking the toy section." Apparently that particular Wal-Mart has had problems with employees taking the newer figs for themselves and not letting the product hit the floor for consumers. Of course, as I took my wave 1 figs to the checkout, the attendant commented that the last 24 hours they'd sold more SW figures than probably in the last six months previously. I mentioned if they rotated the stock it would always be like this...

Ji'dai
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Finally saw all of wave 1 but there's nothing in it that interests me. Also spotted the GH Falcon repack at WM as well.

TRU is having a sale this week, buy any 2 figures priced below $10.99 and get the 3rd free, but all they've stocked is more 7.5 from last year. The Mighty Muggs and Comic Packs are included in the sale too.

Still no sign of the new Evo sets or wave 2.

OC47150
03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Guess what?? The Max Rebo sets finally showed up at my WM!!!! And they're just two months late!!!

Force Unleashed figures have been spotted in Louisvlle. A new super WM opened up yesterday, and it and several other stores got at least wave 1 in.

Ji'dai
03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Found remnants of TFU at a couple WMs today. Picked up two Juno Eclipse figs and a Rahm Kota.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-09-2008, 11:01 AM
My stores are finally starting to put new stuff out on a regular basis. One of my local Wal-Marts has wave 1 and at least some of wave 2, plus the newer Comic packs. They also have a boatload of the Saga Legends SA 501 Trooper. TRU has the Comic packs as well and all four of the new Evolutions sets. So far the only place the new vehicles have shown up is at Miejer.

I picked up the Fett and Sith Evo sets from TRU, and a Tri-Droid, and Rahm Kota from Wal-Mart yesterday.

OC47150
03-09-2008, 06:58 PM
This weekend's weather (12+ inches of snow) put a damper on my toy looking.

But I've almost finished watching season 2 of '24'! :thumbsup:

autumnsdescent
03-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Another late Monday night of scouting. Found evidence of TFU wave at the Wal Mart at 146th street in Carmel. No Vaders or troopers from that wave, though, which is what I'm looking for.

Found most of wave 1 at the Target across the street.

Wal Mart at Pendleton Pike has most of the Evolutions sets and that's it.

Oh, Every WM I've been to in Indy this past week has had the Max Rebo Band packs. They're typically not with the SW merchandise, rather, they have been found on endcaps or have their own display.

Happy Hunting.

OC47150
03-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I found the remains of wave 1 '08 tonight at the NA WM. Found 2-1B (boy, he's tiny compared to the old one) and Po.

Also saw Grevious' starfighter and Obi-Wan's blue starfighter. I might have to pick up the Grevious ship in a few weeks.

Engineernerd
03-15-2008, 12:34 PM
One of the Walmarts here in Fort Wayne had a huge endcap of GH Millenium Falcons. The Rebo sets were with the regular figs. Most of Wave one was there.

OC47150
03-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I've had great luck this weekend.

I found the '08 Vader and Obi Wan figures. And this morning, I went on a mini toy run before church and found the mine panning droid, the tri-droid (!!!) and the Kashyyk scout.

So I'm missing Gree, and the TFU figures. But they'll show up sooner or later.

Ji'dai
03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Spotted the Jedi and Vader's Apprentice Evolutions sets at TRU today.

Pegs here are clogged with Legends and wave 1, so there isn't any room for wave 2.

OC47150
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I saw two of the Jedi Evolutions at the C'ville Target over the weekend but the packaging was torn on both.

I picked up a V-wing for a diorama. It's a cool ship.

Saw 4 of the AT-APs and 2 - 3 Grevious starfighters at the NA Meijer, too.

And my hiding place at WM has been discovered!!! I'm losing my touch. :yes:

OC47150
03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Saw the Target exclusives over the weekend. I can wait until clearance. The Kashyyyk battle back didn't excite me at all.

Aayla Secura's starfighter was cool.

Nothing new otherwise. TFU figures have been spotted in my area but no where near me.

Ji'dai
04-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I've only seen Juno Eclipse and Rahm Kota from the TFU wave. The others simply fly off the pegs. Stores are stocking product though, but all I ever see are Legends. With high gas prices I've cut back on looking. I haven't bought any toys in a long time. The state sales tax rate increase when into effect in the last week or so too; it's now 7%.

OC47150
04-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I've only seen Juno Eclipse and Rahm Kota from the TFU wave. The others simply fly off the pegs.

You're doing better than me. I still haven't seen them yet.

[QUOTE=Ji'dai;611653]With high gas prices I've cut back on looking. I haven't bought any toys in a long time. The state sales tax rate increase when into effect in the last week or so too; it's now 7%. [QUOTE=Ji'dai;611653]

I've scaled back on my looking, just to the weekends and one or two days a month, because I don't have the extra cash and gas prices. I switched jobs last year and don't have the extra $$$ like I did.

If gas continues to go up, like predicted, I'll be ordering a box of figures from Entertainment Earth or some other place. I know several other guys seriously considering this.

autumnsdescent
04-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I was in Wal-Mart in Carmel earlier today. They had Juno & Rahm.

I was in Chicago this past weekend, though, and found the ENTIRE TFU wave and the entire 2008 Wave 1 at a Wal-Mart and got what I wanted from it.

Now I'm waiting for official word on Wave 3...

Mvader91
04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
They say July23rd I think is the release date. Gi Joes have gone to 6.84. I wonder if this comes from a question in Q&A when someone asked why SW is cheaper with less accessories. Gee thanks. Picked up half dozen SA 501st at Carmel Walmart this afternoon and shadow Guard TFU.

Mvader91
04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry, actually it is July 26th.

Ji'dai
04-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Finally found most of the TFU wave at Wal-Mart during lunch. I didn't see the battle-damaged Vader though. I picked up Juno Eclipse, Evo Trooper, Jumptrooper, and Maris Brood. I left the Shadow Guard.

OC47150
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Other than the Order 66 sets, nothing. Still haven't found the TFU figures. : (

OC47150
04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I picked up most of the Order 66 sets over the weekend. I was hoping to wait until clearance but they're getting scarce. One of my Targets already moved them back to the toy section.

Nothing else to report. Still no TFU figures. : (

OC47150
04-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Finally found my first TFU figure. Found Juno at an out of the way WM Friday night. Nice figure.

Ji'dai
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, Juno is a nice figure, one of my favorites for the year. Both her and Kota are easier to find locally than Vader and the Clones. I still haven't seen the BD Vader yet. Pegs here are clogged with Legends, and not the new ones either.

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Indiana Jones figures.

OC47150
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Picked up the final Order 66 set I needed: Luminara.

The sets are getting thin on my side of the river. I've been told they're plentiful in Louisville.

Now to wait till clearance...if they get there.

Other than that, things are sparse. The NA WM has a single diagonal row of four pegs of SW figures. Kung Fu Panda is its new next-door neighbor.

Ji'dai
04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I saw some of the TFU wave at WM yesterday, but the BD Vader and EVO Trooper were gone. Stores are fully stocked with SW figures, but they're all old TAC and and Legends pegwarmers. I think they sqeeze a case of TFU on there periodically but they disappear fast.

The other WM here had a entire endcap full of GI Joe figures. I've never seen that many Joes on the pegs since the 80s.

Gonna hit WM before work Thursday morning to hopefully score some Indy toys.

Ji'dai
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Went shopping for Indy toys this morning. The first WM I went to still had not reset their mod and the dept. mgr. said he'd try to get the toys out ASAP. He's a nice guy, but I had a bad feeling this might happen.

So I go to the WM on the other side of town. The mod has been reset, but no toys. Talk to the dept. mgr. and he goes and brings the stuff out. Good man.

WM had a good selection from wave 1 and 2, but no Marion. They had the Deluxe Indy with Ark, German Soldier 2 pack, and Marion with henchman. Also saw the Cargo Truck and Troop Car, which look very nice. The 12" are a disgrace.

Eye paint apps on the 3-3/4" are just absolutely horrible. I went ahead and bought one of each (except Mutt, the whip-cracking Indy, and the bazooka Indy) but I hope I can find ones with better paint jobs later. I ain't opening anything until I do.

KM had zip but no surprise there.

I was at TRU at opening but their figure selection was very poor. It looked like the employees had their go at everything first. All of the Raiders figures were gone, but they did have the Deluxe. I got two German Soldiers on motorcycle. The two Deluxe Indys with temples had bad eye paint as did the Indy with the horse. TRU also had all the Crystal Skull LEGO sets out.

OC47150
05-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Found a Neyo at Target!! First new figures in quite a while.

And the TFU figures have finally hit my side of the river!!! There were two Juno's at the C'ville WM.

The Indiana Jones toys are out in large quantities, too. I liked the look of some of the figures, but not all. I see some customizing possibilities with the older Indy figures (an older Han!)

Ji'dai
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Finally saw the latest wave of Legends at TRU this afternoon. Picked up Zev and two Shadow Stormtroopers, which was all that interested me from this wave. TRU also had remnants of the TFU wave. I was just really surprised to find any new SW stuff there at all.

autumnsdescent
05-10-2008, 09:29 PM
totally lucked out today.

At the TRU in Castleton, I found 2 McQuarrie Han Solos (the only concept figure I was missing).

Then at TRU on Washington Street, they had the entire TFU wave (some with damaged cards). I picked up duplicates to open and was thrilled.

Due to a cash shortage I missed out on the new Mandalorian and Sith evolution sets. Would love to find and pick those up if anyone sees them.

I have seen Zev at a couple Target stores this past week, which means they've had the latest Legends wave. I still have yet to see any other figures from that wave though.

I have Neyo on the bike from the Wal Mart pack a few months ago, but I've kept it MIB. Would very much like to get a carded Neyo to add to my open troops.

Also, my 2 cents on the Clone Wars animated figs coming out this July - not impressed. Probably going to skip most if not the entire series of figs and stick to the live action style... Anyone else feel this way?

I'm seeing the Indiana Jones stuff at Wal Marts and Targets. No product at TRU. I might pick up a figure or two from that line, although, IMO, they didn't do as good a job with the deco/painting on these as they have on the SW line.

-A-

OC47150
05-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I've seen the Mando and Sith sets at my TRU more than any other store.

I think Zev is going to be the peg warmer of the latest Legends, even though he's a cool figure.

I bought a Neyo and opened him. Nice figure.

Ji'dai
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I've only seen the Mando and Sith sets once. I like them, but I only want one or two figures from the sets so they're not really worth buying. Same with the Jedi set.

I doubt I'll collect the Clone Wars line coming in July. I don't have much interest in prequel-era stuff anyway. Is the Captain Rex mail-away figure going to be released in the basic line? With my Zev and Shadow Stormtrooper purchases Friday I finally got a redemption form but I don't know if I really want the figure. Especially since it costs $7 in addition to the four UPCs.

OC47150
05-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Is the Captain Rex mail-away figure going to be released in the basic line? With my Zev and Shadow Stormtrooper purchases Friday I finally got a redemption form but I don't know if I really want the figure. Especially since it costs $7 in addition to the four UPCs.

Rex will be carded, but it will be a variant. I don't remember which but one version of Red will be clean version and the other will be dirty.

Ji'dai
05-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks, OC. I don't think I'll bother with the mail-away then.

Ji'dai
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Saw the Hoth and STAP battle packs at TRU. They also had more TFU and the last wave of Legends on the pegs, plus plenty of Evolutions sets.

Mvader91
05-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Walmart Fishers and Carmel are loaded with wave 1 and FU on an end cap. There are five shelves of them.

autumnsdescent
05-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Saw the Hoth and STAP battle packs at TRU. They also had more TFU and the last wave of Legends on the pegs, plus plenty of Evolutions sets.

Which TRU? Assuming you're in Indianapolis, was is Washington Street, Castleton, or Greenwood?

Thanks!

-A-

Mvader91
05-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I was in castleton,myself and they had all of the above today. If that helps.

Ji'dai
05-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Which TRU? Assuming you're in Indianapolis, was is Washington Street, Castleton, or Greenwood?

Thanks!

-A- I'm in Terre Haute. Sounds like Mvader91 found the same stuff at Castleton TRU though.

OC47150
05-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I hit the jackpot!!! Found BD Vader, the jump trooper and EVO trooper at the Clarksville Target.

I bought a Mighty Muggs Fett from a buddy, too, so I can say I own one.

autumnsdescent
05-18-2008, 09:01 PM
While traveling yesterday, I stopped in Wal-Mart in Rensselaer, IN.

Found the entire new wave of Saga figs (Neyo, Covert Ops, Shadow Trooper, etc).

Mvader91
05-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Nice! If anyone needs Joes, TRU and Walmarts have been getting wv7 pretty regularly. Castleton, fishers, and Carmel.

Ji'dai
05-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Picked up the Crimson Empire comic pack today. Don't care for the unpainted visors, but still glad to see it re-released as a non-exclusive.

Mvader91
05-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Wave8,Major Bludd and new carded design hit Fishers and Carmel WM past two days. Still a few left,Indy figs are falling off the pegs at both locations. There is a center 4way mod in the middle of the aisle packed with figs also.

Mvader91
05-24-2008, 02:47 AM
Almost forgot, they had all new MM at Fisher wm. If anyone was interested.

OC47150
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I saw the new TRU battle packs over the weekend. If I had to buy one, it would be the STAP. Hasbro did a nice job giving the STAPs a worn look, as well as the droids.

The Hoth set was so-so.

Nothing else new to report.

Ji'dai
06-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Have you guys ever seen the clean version of Maris Brood? All the Broods I've seen are the dirty ones.

OC47150
06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Have you guys ever seen the clean version of Maris Brood? All the Broods I've seen are the dirty ones.

If I ever see one, I'll check. :lipsrsealed:

Ji'dai
06-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the dirty version is nude, displayed crab-walking in the package, pervert :razz:

I'd like to get the clean version for my Jabba's Palace display. The Hutt always needs more dancers. I've got several Twileks, plus Aayla Secura and Zizzle's Singapore Elizabeth Swann hanging on each other already. They're such bad girls.

Ji'dai
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I was going to make the rounds today but I woke up to a lake-front view in my backyard this morning. I have a creek that runs along the property line about a football-field-length behind the house, garage, and storage outbuilding. It had more water in it than I've ever seen.

Water was within ten feet of my little outbuilding where I store all my toys! You can see the water behind the little shed with the red door in the first pic. The creek is about 100-yards behind the building, but the water is nearly up to the building foundation. I called my brother and we moved everything to the garage (on higher ground) in the rain this morning.

The water has receded since this morning. The second pic shows my backfield completely immersed. If you look closely, you can see a little lighter-colored rectangle under the water - that's one of my vegetable gardens!

Flooding is a big problem all over this area. One of the WM's closed due to power problems and the mall is closing after two hours (after opening late at noon). With all the roads closed and bridges out I'd have to go way out of my way to get anywhere anyway.

plokoon421
06-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Saw TFU Rancor w/ Rider at the Fishers Super Target, box was distressed, but I will probably still pick one up. I did get a clearanced Aayla Secura Starfighter for 4.98.

Cleaning up a flooded basement myself Ji'dai.

OC47150
06-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I was going to make the rounds today but I woke up to a lake-front view in my backyard this morning. Flooding is a big problem all over this area. One of the WM's closed due to power problems and the mall is closing after two hours (after opening late at noon). With all the roads closed and bridges out I'd have to go way out of my way to get anywhere anyway.

The family was supposed to go to Indy for my niece's birthday party today, but the brother called and told us about the ran and not to come. I-65 was closed at Seymour and Edinburgh. I-65 is still closed tonight.

Glad you're collection is all right. When I had water in my basement in the past, I moved the collection to drier ground.

OC47150
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
While I haven't seen them at my WMs, one of my fellow SW collectors did have all six WM build a droid packs. I'm really impressed with the droid that came with Vader. It looked like a new sculpt.

Watto didn't look bad, either.

Nothing new to report.

autumnsdescent
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I didn't know the build-a-droid packs were out already. I thought those were coming with the July 26th releases.

From my understanding, after the last saga legends wave and the TFU wave, there's nothing scheduled until July 26th. Someone please confirm or provide updated info?

Was at the Target in Castleton today (behind the mall). Looks like they just discovered the second round of order 66 two packs. They had all of them (and several of each one) back in the figures isle. As I recall, these are not ever going on sale... Still $10 each.

Also had the TFU rancor. I think I'm going to pass on it...

darth maul rat
06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey Autumnsdescent, I'm glad to see another Indy poster around here. What side of town are you on?

The Hasbro Q and A deal a few weeks ago reported that while July 26th was the big day for the new stuff, he also commented that the Walmart Exclusives would start appearing somewhere between this week and early July.

I have been looking in on the California guys and they started seeing them around the middle of last week. Virginia was seeing them around the weekend, there are auctions from all over with them, with Georgia being one that comes to mind. Meanwhile, me being Mr. OCD, I have just about been stalking my local WM's.

If there is any consolation to all of this, the California guys are saying there seems to be plenty of them to be had out there, and the auctions are languishing on e-bay, at least they were last night. Hopefully this will go better than some previous WM exclusives.

BTW, I felt the same about the Rancor. It's neat and all, but I just don't have the space.

Happy hunting everyone...

-dmr

Jedi_Kal-El
06-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Big clearance at my local Target here in South Bend. The Battle Rancor is $27.98, basic figs are 4.98(though all wave 6 pegwarmerws), Order 66 are $6.48, and I missed the price on the lightsabers.

Anyone else in the Indiana area seeing this to lead up to 7/29?

OC47150
06-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I can do you better, Kal-el. I saw the battle rancor for $19.98 at one Target and the Order 66 sets for $4.98.

Basic figures are still regular price, but I think it's just a matter of time before they're clearanced to make room.

darth maul rat
06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I ran out to Plainfield this afternoon and stopped at the Target. They had PLENTY of the Order 66 figures for $4.98, and basic figures were either 4.98 or 4.48. They were down to 3 or 4 biker scouts and a few other pegwarmers. No cheap Rancors or anything else, but there is a Star Wars dealer across the street and he probably already snagged them.

Man, if you follow the California posts, the Droid Factory stuff seems to be waning there, and I still haven't seen signs of them here. I am starting to think Autumn is right and we won't see them here until July 26.

-dmr

OC47150
06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Man, if you follow the California posts, the Droid Factory stuff seems to be waning there, and I still haven't seen signs of them here. I am starting to think Autumn is right and we won't see them here until July 26.

-dmr

The droid factory sets are plentiful in Louisville, but nothing in southern Indiana as of yet. I've been looking.

darth maul rat
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, well....

I took my wife and daughter to the McDonalds in Plainfield since my son went off to Scout Camp today, and after my daughter got through playing in the Kid's area, we decided to go back to the Wal-Mart for snacks.

As I went down the main aisle of toy area I saw they were getting ready to stock overnight, and there on the edge of the pallet was the Droid Factory box. I hate to just rip into things like that, so I found a guy in the sporting goods area and asked if he knew when they would stock them. He said probably not until later, but then asked what I was looking at.

We went back down there and I showed him and he said. aw what the heck. All they could do was yell if he opened it. He ripped the box open and said get what you want, and headed back to the sporting good area.

I did so and checked to make sure they were in the computer and five minutes later I was the proud owner of the Droid Factory figures.

Word of warning to anyone looking: Unless they get more of them, there was only one case waiting to be stocked which was only 12 figures. They may not be too plentiful around here.

-dmr

Mvader91
06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Fisher Walmart had one case of Last Crusade wave last night. Figures looked really good.

darth maul rat
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
In all the Droid furor, I forgot about that. They also had five of the six Crusade figures as well. They had Indy, the General, the Knight, Ilsa and Young Indy. I had already gotten the Knight earlier from a friend, and for now I left the others there. If they had had Connery, I probably would have had to grab it along with the droids. Hopefully the Crusade figures will have the legs that the others have had, because I will probably get those a bit at a time, especially after what I spent this weekend.

-dmr

Mvader91
06-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Tonight Fishers Walmart had 3 display boxes droid factory. They also had 9 filler cases with 12 each. So so figs. One box was open. Not sure if she put them out or not. Not a real exciting line for me.

Ji'dai
07-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Spotted the new comic packs at WM (Anakin/Dooku, Wookie/Clone, Lando/Stormtrooper) as well as all the Droid Factory sets. The DF sets look really nice but don't really interest me. Same story with the comic packs.

I was looking for Indiana Jones Last Crusade figures and found Indy, Young Indy, Elsa, and Vogel at WM. Missed out on Henry and the Grail Knight.

Ji'dai
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I was checking the list of TRUs participating in the Clone Wars Midnight Madness events and the one here in Terre Haute will be open. I might go just to see what's what. Two of the TRUs in Indy will be open too. I know they closed the one on 38th Street, but I think the east location on Washington is still there.

FT. WAYNE 4122 Lima Road , Fort Wayne, IN 46805 IN
CASTLETON 8250 Castleton Corner, Indianapolis, IN 46250 IN
GREENWOOD 1650 E. County Line Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46227 IN
TERRE HAUTE 50 W. Honeycreek Pkwy., Terre Haute, IN 47802 IN
SOUTH BEND 6011 N. Grape St., Mishawaka, IN 46545 IN
HOBART 2020 E. Lincoln Highway, Merrillville, IN 46410 IN

Kentucky:
FLORENCE 7960 Connector Dr., Florence, KY 41042 KY
ST. MATTHEWS 4900 Shelbyville, Rd., St. Mathews, KY 40207 KY
LEXINGTON 3220 Nicholsville Rd., Lexington, KY 40503 KY

No New Albany or Louisville, KY TRUs on the list. Looks like OC is out of luck this time around.

OC47150
07-05-2008, 06:21 PM
No New Albany or Louisville, KY TRUs on the list. Looks like OC is out of luck this time around.

The St. Matthews addy is the big Louisville TRU. I stopped in the other day and they have signage up. :)

And the droid factory and comic 2-packs have hit the Clarksville WM. Not impressed with the comic sets. I might pass on them. The paint job on the Dooku figure was really sub-par, IMO.

Ji'dai
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
The St. Matthews addy is the big Louisville TRU. I stopped in the other day and they have signage up. :) Awesome! I got a TRU sales flyer in the mail today that had a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. Good through 7/26! :pleased:

The Droid Factory sets at WM looked to be unmolested over the July fourth Holiday weekend. I was looking over their endcap today and the sets were either untouched or had just been restocked. Maybe nobody wants 'em.

OC47150
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I've overbooked myself for MM. If I go out, I'll go to WM.

I have to give Hasbro credit for trying something different with the droid factory sets. The 3PO figure is cool. But I think these might've gone over better either earlier in the year or at Christmas time.

I'll at least pick up the Vader set for the new droid.

Mvader91
07-12-2008, 02:50 AM
Legacy vehicles and Galactic Heroes were at Fishers tonight. Stock dude said did not have room to stock them. I am sure if they did they would not ring up. They had street date on them. I mean I guess this is exciting news. Only two new vehicles in the assortment I saw. Torrent starfighter and the Homing Spider droid. yippee skippee.

darth maul rat
07-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I only made it to Plainfield WM last night as it was the wife's birthday. There was a guy there who had the Clone Voice Changer in his cart and one of the new packaged Muggs. Since I really didn't care about either I didn't chase it too far. They also had a big center aisle display with the Clone Wars blasters on one side and the AT-TE on the other side. Stuff is sneaking its way out.

BTW, any Indianapolis people keep in mind, the 501st guys are going to be at the Castleton TRU for MM. I was talking to Darth Acro the other day and they are planning to have some guys there in costume. If you like that sort of thing.

-dmr

autumnsdescent
07-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I was visiting the Wal Mart in Rensselaer, IN last night. They had the V-wing and Anakin's blue Jedi fighter in the new Clone Wars packaging. Things are indeed leaking out a bit early. Still, I have to admit I'm not really that impressed with the new line sculpts based on the animation. I'm looking forward to a couple figures in the Legacy line and some of the new vehicles and that's about it for right now...

OC47150
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Got together with fellow collectors over the weekend and someone had the Torrent fighter, homing droid and CW figures on display.

The Torrent fighter is a must-buy for me.

The CW figures were okay. Captain Rex, Greivous and the battle droid were the best of the bunch. R2's dome was the wrong color, or made to look dirty. Yoda looked bug eyed.

OC47150
07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
The NA Meijer had the new CW vehicles and older vehicles on the shelves over the weekend. Price: $21.99.

I attended a sci-fi convention over the weekend, and a couple of vendors had CW figures and CW legacy figures for sale, at scalper prices, of course!! I was glad to see the super battle droid getting re-released.

The detail on the CW figures' weapons is amazing!! Nice worn and weathered look. Makes you wonder why we haven't gotten weapons like this before.

autumnsdescent
07-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Ventured out to the midnight madness @ TRU Castleton tonight.

The parking lot was absolutely full and a line wrapped along the side of the building to get in.

At midnight, we all shuffled through the door and straight to the Clone Wars display. As predicted, the Legacy Collection & the Clone Wars figs were blended. Within 20 minutes, the ENTIRE stock of figures was GONE. Additionally, every AT-TE was gone within 10 minutes. As I was leaving (fairly empty handed) at 12:30, there were 2 Falcons left.

It was my understanding that we were only going to see Clone Wars wave 1 and Legacy Collection wave 1 tonight. Instead, they had wave 2 of Legacy Collection as well.

Feeling defeated, my wife and I ventured to Wal Mart at Washington and German Church (I had a hunch). They had one poor little associate trying to open all the boxes and stock the figures and she was absolutely clueless!

My wife and I spent about 30 minutes with her. We helped her determine the difference between the two product lines and we helped her sort the stock and put it on the pegs. As a result, I was able to find all the figs I was looking for from Legacy waves 1 and 2. I also picked up the Padme Evolutions set. It totally blew my budget, though - I was only expecting wave 1...

As I mentioned earlier, I'm skipping on the Clone Wars figs for the most part. Not impressed with them.

Thanks to the slides shown at ComicCon posted earlier on 7/25, I have a better idea of what to expect for the next 8 months or so...

If you haven't already checked out the slides, here's the link:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5680

Happy Hunting.

-A-

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 02:45 AM
I went to the closest WM near me and pretty much had the run of the place. They had both waves of Legacy figures too, although I was really only interested in wave 1. I bought Han, Luke, Chewie, Ewoks, Ak-rev, Yarna, and Bane, plus Snowbunny Padme from wave 2. I don't really care for the CW stuff but I did buy an R2. Saw the AT-TE and BMF but wasn't interested. I didn't see any new Evo sets though.

Mvader91
07-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Castleton Toys sold all Milleniums and AT-TE they had a couple cases of legends along with all the others. Believe it or not legends sold out as well. The first day items not real exciting. Holo Greivous' gone. However district manager said new truck not till Wednesday. I think they were a little dissappointed in the amount of product they were allotted. they would of easily sold through double what they had. Fun night though some 501st folks were in full gear. It was a nicely done event. Great job Toys R Us.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Hit TRU late this morning and most of the Legacy figs were wiped out. They had some Legends I didn't see last night at WM, but nothing I didn't have. Also saw the Rebel Pilots and Fett Evolution sets. I'm at the library right now but may head back to TRU to get that Rebel Pilots set.

TRU also has the Jabba's Palace Galactic Heroes set, which is pretty cool. Also spotted the Potato heads.

The other WM here still had all their Falcons and AT-TEs, plus plenty of figures from each line.

OC47150
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Like Ji'dai, I had run of my local WM too. It was me and one other guy, and he was more interested in CW titaniums than figures.

I picked up the CW first day Anakin, Obi-Wan and Rex, and the Legacy clone armor Obi-Wan.

The other guy was looking for the WM exclusive A-wing. I had to tell him it wasn't coming out until fall.

I saw the BMF but I don't know if I can afford it.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 10:27 PM
If I drop $150 on a single toy purchase, I'd rather it be a LEGO set. Just greater value and utility IMO. Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a BMF if I saw them on sale for $75 or something. I'd like to wait and see if places like Sam's Club get any of these toys. My local Club had the Zizzle 2-1/2 foot long Pirates of Caribbean Black Pearl with additional figs last year. I could see them carrying the BMF or AT-TE with additonal pack-in figures.

I went back to TRU shortly after my last post and bought the Rebel Pilots Evolutions set. I didn't realize it came with a female pilot until I saw it in person. I'd like to get the Padme set too and I really want the Mandalore from the Fett Legacy. I don't want to buy another Jango & Boba in order to get him though.

My TRU still had a handful of Holo Grievous left too when I there around two o'clock in the afternoon.

Ji'dai
07-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Today's Kmart ad has a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on Star Wars toys. The LEGO Magnaguard Fighter is pictured along with Hasbro stuff so maybe toys from both companies are included in the sale.

I went to Kmart yesterday but they hadn't put anything new out. I don't think I'm going to waste gas going down there today either, based on past experience with their sale ads and poor stocking.

OC47150
08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Found the Target exclusive Commander Fox figure today. I was glad to find it, since it'd sold out at some of the Targets in Louisville.

Also picked up some of the CW trading card packs. Nice set.

And it's great to see that Target dropped the price on figures, too. :thumbsup: I was going to give it a month. A week is even better. :yes:

Ji'dai
08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Saw the SW Transformers in the new packaging, plus the new battle packs Saturday. The two Hoth sets are tempting, but I passed.

Also saw the new comic packs tonight at WM. Had they put Durge and Asajj in the same pack I would've bought them. I don't want another Anakin, and I don't know who that Tol Skorr guy is.

OC47150
08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Stopped at TRU tonight to look for birthday presents for my nephew, and I drooled over the CW display.

They had everything!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I didn't have an endless supply of money to match, 'cause I would've bought one of everything!!!!!

Ji'dai
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I know, it's exciting to see such a large display of Star Wars toys again. Sometimes I think it's fortunate that I dislike the prequel stuff so much. Saves me a lot of money!

I saw the Dagger Squadron B-Wing at TRU today, $40. They also raised basic figure prices to $7.99. Even Indiana Jones figures went up to $7.99.

Suffice to say I won't be buying any more figures at TRU.

And the goldbricks at Kmart finally reset the toy section. The pegs were bare, but I'm sure they'll stock new stuff sometime before christmas. Maybe.

OC47150
08-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Target raised their price on figures back to $7.99, too. That lasted all of a week.

Oh, and basic figures are $9.99 at KB. I saw that price on Friday and felt chest pains.

A lot of cool figures out right now. I hope to pick a few up this week. I'm planning to concentrate on the previous CW figures. They look the coolest.

WM will be getting most of my figure money for a while.

Ji'dai
08-15-2008, 03:39 PM
TRU had both the Galactic Heroes Vader TIE and AOTC Jedi Starfighter today. Very cute. I didn't look through the figures, but pegs were still full. I think their price increase will only encourage collectors to go to WM.

Spotted the Padme Evolutions set at Kmart, $22. I also saw a squished Rebel Pilots II at WM. Passed on both for now.

Also saw Clone Trooper costumes at WM. They're like the old Ben Cooper Halloween costumes with the plastic face mask and suit. They are packaged on a blister card (about the size of the SW Transformers) and were hanging right next to the figures.

This WM had Star Wars figure keychains in the new packaging plus the first wave (Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett) of stackable figure keychains too.

Ended up just buying some GI Joe figs and two Clone SCUBA Troopers at WM.

OC47150
08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I bought several of the Saga CW figures this weekend: lancer droid, scuba trooper, Saesee Tiin, Mon Cal and Quarren warriors, and the fat dancer. I also picked up one of the WM 501st figures, too.

I didn't notice this until later but one of the Saga figure I bought was missing the droid parts. :sad: After careful examination, it looks like it was left out at the factory. The package is still sealed and the plastic window is sturdy.

My SW club also had its annual auction this weekend. I picked up the Sideshow smuggler Han for a nice price. :thumbsup: It will look good on my Han shelf at home.

Ji'dai
08-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Came across Legacy wave 3 at WM this afternoon. I picked up Jodo Kast and an Imperial Engineer, and left the others.

Ji'dai
08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Saw a bunch of 501st Clones at WM this morning. They also had several Mighty Muggs I hadn't seen before - Asajj, Dooku, Anakin, Clone.

Mvader91
09-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Fishers Walmart had Indiana Jones figs for 5.44. There are still a ton of them to be had.

Ji'dai
09-05-2008, 07:38 PM
The WMs here have lowered Indiana Jones basic figure prices to 5.44 as well. I picked up nearly a dozen German Soldiers this week.

Spotted the new Titaniums (TIE Defender, etc) and the Disturbance at Lars Homestead at TRU today. I thought the Homestead is pretty impressive looking even though the figures are junk. It's still not worth $50 though.

And you nice fellers in the Indy metro area, would you be so kind to post any sightings of the Target exclusive GI Joe Conquest X-30 and Cobra Rattler?

Mvader91
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
The WMs here have lowered Indiana Jones basic figure prices to 5.44 as well. I picked up nearly a dozen German Soldiers this week.

Spotted the new Titaniums (TIE Defender, etc) and the Disturbance at Lars Homestead at TRU today. I thought the Homestead is pretty impressive looking even though the figures are junk. It's still not worth $50 though.

And you nice fellers in the Indy metro area, would you be so kind to post any sightings of the Target exclusive GI Joe Conquest X-30 and Cobra Rattler?
Absolutely, man a dozen germans nice! Do you have the trucks?

Ji'dai
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Absolutely, man a dozen germans nice! Do you have the trucks? With this week's purchases, I've got a total of 22 Germans (loose) and one carded.

I've got two each of the Troop Car and the Cargo Truck. If I see those vehicles on clearance I'm going to buy more. I haven't seen the truck with the fabric canopy yet.

Ji'dai
09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Spotted the Galactic Heroes Rancor Pit and Kashyyyk set at TRU today.

OC47150
09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I bought a Rex today to open. I hadn't seen him in a while and I wanted one for a simple diorama I'm going to start. Nice job on the weathering on the body and weapons, and great articulation.

Saw the Anakin/Durge and Ventress comic 2-packs at WM and Anakin's starfighter (the two-engined version) at Target. I missed out on the starfighter the first time and might have to pick it up.

OC47150
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I bought two of the WM droid factory sets tonight, Han and Luke. They're starting to get a little scarce at my stores so I thought I'd better get 'em.

Bought a couple of packs of CW cards, too.

And the Indy Jones figures are $5.44, even though the pegs still say $6.94. I might have to buy some now, or at least the Raiders line.

Mvader91
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM

The Rattler and Conquest have arrived. They were at Target in Castleton and Nora! Happy Hunting

Ji'dai
09-12-2008, 06:32 PM
The Rattler and Conquest have arrived. They were at Target in Castleton and Nora! Happy Hunting

Cool, thanks for the heads-up Mvader! Has Target put their Halloween stuff out yet? I was checking the Halloween section on Target.com this morning and it looked like they had a lot of neat decor.

Saw the Force Unleashed 3-packs at WM this afternoon. They are $14.84 each. Although I hadn't planned on getting these sets, I'll admit I was a little surprised on the price. I was really expecting them to be around ten bucks.

Also saw more of the WM-exclusive 501st Clone Troopers.

Mvader91
09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Cool, thanks for the heads-up Mvader! Has Target put their Halloween stuff out yet? I was checking the Halloween section on Target.com this morning and it looked like they had a lot of neat decor.

Saw the Force Unleashed 3-packs at WM this afternoon. They are $14.84 each. Although I hadn't planned on getting these sets, I'll admit I was a little surprised on the price. I was really expecting them to be around ten bucks.

Also saw more of the WM-exclusive 501st Clone Troopers.
They had a ton of Halloween stuff

Mvader91
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Fishers Walmart had the new exclusive Gunship. It looks really good! However, it was 49.99?

OC47150
10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Ouch! I've only seen pix of the ship. I'd like to see it in person before deciding I want it.

I did find an Ahsoka figure at the C'ville WM the other day.

Mvader91
10-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I gotta tell ya, it is pretty sweet. The details are very cool. Honestly I am not a real fan of the new clone wars. I bought two one to open one to keep! Now I really want to get the figs to go with it. If that says anything.

OC47150
10-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Which clone pilot would you put in the cockpit, Mvader? The CW version or the AOTC/ROTS versions?

I haven't opened my V-19 fighter yet but have wondered which pilot to use. After I saw the CW pilot, I thought he might look cool in the cockpit.

Ji'dai
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
One of the WMs here had an endcap of Gunships and over two dozen A-Wings. Like the noseart on the Gunship, but it looks too clean. I thought it would be scuffed and dirty like the box art on the front.

Also saw Ahsoka for the first time, at Kohls. Figures are too expensive there, even with the 15% off sale. She's the only one I want from that wave.

OC47150
10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
The clone pilot is pretty cool, Ji'dai.

Ji'dai
10-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I didn't see any of the others from the Ahsoka wave. Though if it has "Clone" anywhere in the fig name, I'll probably pass.

Mvader91
10-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Which clone pilot would you put in the cockpit, Mvader? The CW version or the AOTC/ROTS versions?

I haven't opened my V-19 fighter yet but have wondered which pilot to use. After I saw the CW pilot, I thought he might look cool in the cockpit.I would use the AOTC version.

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Saw all of the new Clone Wars wave at WM today except for Cody. I have the animated Cody from the previous series so I doubt I would've bought one anyway. I did get 2 Ahsokas. The big SBD looked like something out of a Tim Burton film.

autumnsdescent
10-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I have been all over Indianapolis it seems in the past couple days.

I have found remnants of the Clone Wars wave 2 at Target stores only. I have managed to find all the figures from that wave EXCEPT Ahsoka.

Ji'dai - where are located in Indiana?

-A-

Mvader91
10-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I have been all over Indianapolis it seems in the past couple days.

I have found remnants of the Clone Wars wave 2 at Target stores only. I have managed to find all the figures from that wave EXCEPT Ahsoka.

Ji'dai - where are located in Indiana?Hey autumn check Fishers they have been putting them out in the day I found two at 3:00 pm.

-A-hey autumn check fishers they have been putting them out in the day I found two around 3:00 pm.

OC47150
10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
The A-wings and gunships have landed at the NA WM. I like the gunship but I don't know about the A-wing. Don't know if it's worth the $30. It's a repainted ship (I have the other versions) and a new head sculpt on the pilot but ...

The Force Unleashed 3-packs finally showed up, too.

autumnsdescent
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Finally found Ahsoka. Based on a tip from another thread, went to a Kohl's. Sure, figs are a buck more, but they can sometimes have the hard to find ones. Now watch - in about 2 months, wave 2 will be flooding pegs everywhere... geesh.

Saw the repainted gunship at Wal Mart on Pendleton Pike yesterday. Eh. Cool paint job, but not worth the $50 since I have the first release version.

Visited the Wal Mart off 96th street earlier today - no finds. The Fishers Wally World you're referring to must be the one further up SR37...?

-A-

autumnsdescent
10-10-2008, 09:40 PM
The A-wings and gunships have landed at the NA WM. I like the gunship but I don't know about the A-wing. Don't know if it's worth the $30. It's a repainted ship (I have the other versions) and a new head sculpt on the pilot but ...

The Force Unleashed 3-packs finally showed up, too.

Believe it or not, I found a small number of the A-Wings back on 7/26/08 at the Wal Mart at 146th Street and US 31. Since I have a POTF2 version, I skipped over it. All of those A-Wings were gone the next day when I went back to check on other goods...

Glad to see WM is putting some more product out finally.

Ji'dai
10-11-2008, 11:27 AM
I saw the Galactic Heroes Stocking Stuffers at TRU today; 9.99 each. They only had the Han/Chewie/3PO and Anakin/Obi-Wan/Shocktrooper.

I picked up the Indiana Jones Adventure Heroes Temple of Doom packs today at WM!

OC47150
10-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Based on a tip from another thread, went to a Kohl's. Sure, figs are a buck more, but they can sometimes have the hard to find ones. Now watch - in about 2 months, wave 2 will be flooding pegs everywhere... geesh.

Here's a little trick with Kohl's. Now that the holidays are almost here and Kohl's will have continous sales, go to one of their midnight or early morning
sales with the extra percentage off. It will bring the Kohl's price down to the Target or WM price.

Kohl's was the first place I saw the Mcsnowie and Darth Revan last year.

Ji'dai
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
I saw the new comic packs (Cade/Darth, Crimson Guards, Leia & Fett, Dengar & Fett) around Indianapolis today but didn't get any of them. Also saw CW Cody at several Targets on the east side.

I did find most of the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom wave at Meijer, save for the large Thuggee slave master.

Engineernerd
10-17-2008, 10:25 AM
A Meijer with something new? huh...

Ji'dai how many stores do you goto on a run?

Ji'dai
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
A Meijer with something new? huh...

Ji'dai how many stores do you goto on a run? Well, normally just 2-3 stores - WM, Kmart, and TRU. But since I went into Indy I hit several Targets, a TRU, a couple WMs, and two Meijer. I'd read reports of people finding the Temple of Doom figures there so I thought what the heck, I'll stop and check it out.

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I stopped by Kmart tonight and saw that all 3-3/4" Star Wars figures are on sale for $4.99 through 10/25. I looked at the Kmart ad Sunday morning and didn't notice it, but it is in there. Galactic Heroes cinema scenes and lightsabers are $14.99 and in small print underneath it has the 3.75" sale price. This week's circular also has a $5 off coupon for a $50 purchase too.

My Kmart had Clone Wars waves 1 & 2 and a good selection of Legacy figures. I nearly bought a bunch of CW animated but ultimately put most back. I did get 2 Ahsokas, 1 animated SBD, and a Yarna.

Since the sale is listed in the circular, you could take the ad to another store that price matches and get the sale price. My WM didn't have anything I want or I'd have done just that.

$4.99 Star Wars figures! Remember those days?!

OC47150
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Those were the days.

I'm going to take advantage of the Kmart sale. Probably do some price matching at WM.

OC47150
10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I went to an out-of-the-way Kmart that I've had luck at in the past and found the holo Dooku, Saleceumi trooper, Yaddle/Evan Piel, Coru clone trooper and Imperial engineer. I picked up the Dooku, Salec trooper and Yaddle.

No sign of Jodo Kast.

Ji'dai
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Saw the new Legacy figs at WM this afternoon: Grievous, FX-6, Stass Allie, the Organas, snow Clone, etc.

Also saw the B'omarr Monastery and Shield Generator battle packs.

OC47150
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I saw the new battle packs as well, and the latest legacy wave of figures (yellow ARC trooper), but no other new figures. The new figures have been spotted in my area.

autumnsdescent
11-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Found Bail Organa, the medical droid and the new Grevious at the Target in Nora today. Picked up the Grevious. It's a much cooler build than previous attempts. Lots of articulation...

Ji'dai
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Spotted the new comic packs at TRU this afternoon: Talon Karde, Xizor & Leia, etc. Didn't see Leia and the "white" Vader though. That Leia in the SOTE pack is a joke. She looked like Hasbro bought a bunch of cheap Leia customs from some amateur with a Dremel and some Testors paint.

TRU also had some $40 Flash Drives shaped like SW characters. They had "wave 3" - Wicket and 3PO were all that were left. I've never seen these before.

Also saw the Dagobah and Sarlacc pit Galactic Heroes scene packs.

OC47150
11-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Spotted the new comic packs at TRU this afternoon: Talon Karde, Xizor & Leia, etc. Didn't see Leia and the "white" Vader though. That Leia in the SOTE pack is a joke. She looked like Hasbro bought a bunch of cheap Leia customs from some amateur with a Dremel and some Testors paint.

I have to agree. I've seen this figure and have to rank it up there with the '95 ape-face Leia as one of the worst.

OC47150
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
The WMs in my area released the CW 3-packs early. I saw them at the Clarksville store over the weekend, and a buddy saw them in Louisville, too. I'm going to have to pass: they're $15.88 and repacks.

Ji'dai
11-12-2008, 05:45 AM
I saw the CW 3-packs over the weekend at WM as well.

Forgot to mention the SW christmas table top display I saw at TRU last week. It's a fabriche Vader with Santa hat building a Death Star out of snow. Expensive, but cute. There are different ones, but I only saw the Vader at TRU.

Ji'dai
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
I found the new Clone Wars Animated figs at WM this evening. I picked up Asajj, 3PO x2, IG-86, and another R2. I passed on Dooku, though I like his headsculpt.

I also saw the new Galactic Heroes - Ahsoka, Anakin with STAP, Asajj & Dooku, etc.

Plus I grabbed four Animated Destroyer Droids, which I will trade 1:1 for Indiana Jones Chief Temple Guard or Temple Guards.

OC47150
11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I haven't found too much new stuff in the stores lately. Day late, dollar short. Story of my life. : )

My mail-away Captain Rex finally arrived. It wasn't minty. I'm still tempted to mail away for a second one so I can open the display.

OC47150
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Jodo Kast eludes me no longer!!! Found him today hanging on the pegs.

Ji'dai
11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I see Jodo from time to time; tonight at TRU for instance. Those Previews exclusive Battlefront II multipacks are back too. I saw both of them at TRU in the new blue-n-white packaging.

Kmart had these Legacy 5-figure multipacks too. Nothing but repack city there though.

It's gonna be tougher finding new stuff with all the additional competition from holiday toy shoppers. I'm trying to get everything I want before pegs are picked clean after Thanksgiving.

Ji'dai
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Finally saw the white Vader/Leia comic pack this morning, but didn't get it. Came across several Thrawn/Karrde packs as well, though I passed on them again. I really hate the $13 price tag.

Forgot to mention seeing the Target exclusive battle packs this morning too. The troop builder ones with Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Ji'dai
11-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I saw the Faie and Quinlan Vos comic pack at WM this afternoon. No sign of the Clone Emperor pack. Still, it was late in the day so I was surprised they still had anything of note.

OC47150
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
I was surprised to see a large amount of new figures on the pegs over the holiday weekend: CW 3PO and Dooku, the new med droid, etc...

I did see one Ultimate battle pack at Target on Black Friday. It was the two tank set. At $70, it was too much for my blood.

OC47150
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
The WMs in my area dropped the price on the BMF to $99.

I picked up the new medical droid today.

autumnsdescent
12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm rather pleased to say that I've found everything I've been looking for in the past two weeks.

Found all the new CW figs (including Asajj).

Must say that I am rather impressed with the 3PO's articulation!

Disappointed in the new Plo Koon (CW). Above the waist, he's fantastic. The legs though are like a POTF2 figure. Boo.

Found all the new legacy figs about a month ago at a Target store. The new Grievous was really well done. The head on my Brea Organa is super loose though. Anyone else have that issue? For a new clone in the Legacy line, I really like the new Commander Faie (sp?).

My closest Wal Mart (Pendleton Pike & Sunny Side Road) received all the new Legacy and CW figs last week and actually stocked them for once.

Was at Target at Kessler & Keystone Ave today and found the CW exclusive multi packs and the Sarlac. I'm agreeing with what I'm reading elsewhere on the forums that if I pick up the Sarlac at all, it will be on clearance after the Holidays. I can't justify spending $70 (with tax) on the base / sarlac, the skiff, and then a bunch of POTF2 poorly painted reissue figs. And I think the scale of the sarlac is off unless the one in ROTJ is much smaller than the one in the Force Unleashed...

I have the same issue with the Lars Homestead piece. Hopefully after the Holidays it will go on clearance (or at least a sale) and I can pick it up for less. I just want the set piece...

The hunt has been fun this year though.

Really looking forward to next year's waves! (HK-47 is one of the upcoming build-a-droids wooo hooo!)

Ji'dai
12-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Yesterday I saw the Luke/Clone Emperor comic pack finally and I occasionally see some new and repacked battle packs.

I found the latest TLC & CW waves before Thanksgiving so I'm watching to see if any '09 stuff slips through.

Ji'dai
12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Saw the Christophis and Sarlac battle packs at Target today. The Christophis one looks pretty impressive, lots of vehicles in there.

OC47150
12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Saw the Christophis and Sarlac battle packs at Target today. The Christophis one looks pretty impressive, lots of vehicles in there.

I had my monthly SW club meeting yesterday, and one of the guys was selling the figures and skiff from the Sarlac pit. The figures were horrible!! Not only are they rehash from two years ago, but the paint jobs on them are bad. Luke looks like an albino, and Lando's a lighter shade, too.

Don't know if Target ordered more of these sets or no one's picking them up, but I've seen a lot of them still on the shelves over the weekend. Last year's UBPs were gone on Black Friday.

The Target exclusive CW battle packs are pretty scarce, too.

Ji'dai
12-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I didn't even pay attention to the figs or the skiff in that Sarlacc pack. I thought the way they packaged the base was odd. It's got a large piece of cheap sand-colored plastic covering the main base so you can't really see what you're getting.

Both SW and GI Joe UBPs are easy to find. Maybe they ordered more or people just aren't buying them for whatever reason.

The SW section at WMs are pretty bare here. Same with KM, but they just had a buy 2 get 1 free sale last week. TRU still has a decent selection of new stuff.

I also saw some of the new '09 SW LEGO sets at WM today so those sets can be had more cheaply than at TRU. I saw the two battle packs and the Hyena Droid fighter or bomber or whatever it is.

OC47150
12-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm half tempted to run to Kohl's tonight and pick up a few figures. They're priced at $6 on sale.

The pegs are bare at several of the stores in my area, too.

The girlfriend gave me CW Dooku, Ventress, C3PO and R2 and the Thrawn comic two-pack for Christmas.

autumnsdescent
01-04-2009, 11:09 AM
K. So I went deal hunting yesterday. I was hoping to find the sarlac scene pack for under $50 or a great deal on figures. Went to a couple targets and what do I find? Nothing. Everything is gone - clean picked. I am about 3 days too late.

While visiting South Carolina over the past couple weeks, I did find the sarlac scene pack reduced to $53 at a Target on December 26th. I thought for sure it would hang around another couple weeks and go down in price even more. Apparently I was mistaken.

At the target in Castleton, I found a Legends package spider droid; evidence that the latest repack wave has been released.

One of the things that caught me off guard (and in retrospect it shouldn't have) was the popularity of the $20 vehicle assortments as Christmas gifts this year. Starting just before Thanksgiving, I couldn't find ANY $20 vehicles at a Wal Mart or Target in Kentucky, Indiana, or in Chicago area. Every time a shipment would come in, I was a day late and they'd been picked clean.

Looking forward to the 09 waves hitting shelves...

OC47150
01-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I've been on an Indiana Jones kick over the last two weeks. Since the figures are being clearanced out, they're a lot more attractive. Bought most of the Indy figures (still need the Temple of Doom Indy) and the deluxe sets. Already have a Raider diorama set up.

I want to make an older Han using one of the Crystal Skull Indy heads. Need to shave the ball joint down on the Han body for the Indy head to fit.

Ji'dai
01-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I noticed that WMs here have raised basic SW figure prices to $7.46. Still cheaper than TRU and KM, but I don't buy figures at those stores unless they're on sale.

OC47150
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
My Target had the latest CW and TLC figures today. I picked up the jawa figure, and boy, am I impressed!

autumnsdescent
01-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Wal Mart at Pendleton Pike had the latest CW and saga figures. Have yet to see the Legacy figures (and I am really looking forward to those...).

Mvader91
01-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Fishers Target had Clone wars wv 4

Ji'dai
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
After a couple of weeks of finding scraps, I finally hit the mother lode this afternoon. Found all of Clone Wars wave 4 and Legacy wave 5 in large numbers.

Picked up a MagnaGuard, which I still needed to finish off CW w.4 and nearly all of Legacy w.5, except for Obi-Wan. Looked like a good figure, but I don't really need another one and I already have the holo Leia.

autumnsdescent
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I've found CW wave 4 almost everywhere. Can't find Legacy w.5 at all...!

Where did you find this mother load?

Enthusiastically,

-A-

After a couple of weeks of finding scraps, I finally hit the mother lode this afternoon. Found all of Clone Wars wave 4 and Legacy wave 5 in large numbers.

Picked up a MagnaGuard, which I still needed to finish off CW w.4 and nearly all of Legacy w.5, except for Obi-Wan. Looked like a good figure, but I don't really need another one and I already have the holo Leia.

OC47150
02-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Other than the Leia, Ji'dai, the table with the Obi-Wan figure is pretty cool. In fact, I like all of the accessories with the ANH figures.

Ji'dai
02-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I've found CW wave 4 almost everywhere. Can't find Legacy w.5 at all...!

Where did you find this mother load?

Enthusiastically,

-A- At Walmart in Terre Haute.

Other than the Leia, Ji'dai, the table with the Obi-Wan figure is pretty cool. In fact, I like all of the accessories with the ANH figures. I didn't realize Kenobi came with a table. I just noticed that Brainiac comes with a table too. I might get Ben for the table and to finish off that BAD.

Engineernerd
02-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I have seen none of these. :(

Although, at $7.46 I'm less than enthusiastic about finding them all at once.

autumnsdescent
02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Went to the Wal Mart in Rensselaer, IN last night. Found all of CW w.4 and Legacy w.5.

Picked up the Ben and Jawa and left the rest. Looking forward to Legacy w. 6 now...

OC47150
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
The basic Indy Jones figures were clearanced from my WMs for $1 each. Boy, did they fly off the pegs.

autumnsdescent
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I spotted Legacy wv. 5 & CW wv. 4 at the Target in Nora tonight.

OC47150
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw the new CW two-packs at TRU today.

OC47150
02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
My girlfriend gave me Plo Koon, Padme, Goldie and the destroyer droid CW figures for Valentine's day. :love:

Ji'dai
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM
You're a manwh0re, OC! Don't let her exploit you like that ;)

I saw the Clone Wars 2-packs at TRU today; nothing special there.