PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Just Found

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

OC47150
02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not a huge variant hunter, but I came across the Cade Skywalker comic 2-pack minus Cade's lightsaber at the NA Meijer and picked it up.

FYI, the comic 2-packs are on sale for $9.88 thru March 7 at Meijer.

Ji'dai
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I found all the new comic packs at WM Thursday. There was an endcap of Janek/Amanin, Ewoks, and the alien pilots. I picked up one of each.

Passed on Wedge/Bothan, Deena/Luke, and the other one I can't recall.

Also saw the SW marbles at TRU. Ridiculous. Who is going to play $4 for a marble?!

OC47150
03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I bought the alien pilot pack today. I'll get the others eventually.

OC47150
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I bought two of the new cantina aliens, Brainiac and the leather-faced looking one. I love the table accessory with Brainiac.

Oh, and the Targets in my area have price-cut the figures to $7.49.

OC47150
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Saw something strange at WM the other day. The new comic two-pack, with Luke and Deena, was on the pegs, but there was a rubber-banded note: sell not allowed. I was going to scan it to see what the scanner said, but the scanner in the toy department was removed (not working, I think), and I didn't want to trapse half-way across the store to the next. I went back the next day and the pack was gone.

Just odd. Hadn't encountered a hand-written note like that before.

Ji'dai
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Someone in another thread was complaining about WM refusing to sell the newest comic packs. I can't imagine an employee putting an item back on the floor with a note on it, unless they were legally blind or illiterate.

OC47150
03-28-2009, 07:44 PM
It is Wal-mart, Ji'dai. :yes:

Thanksgiving night '07, my mom and I went to WM to do some shopping for family coming in the next day. WM had the electronic lightsaber with the bonus CW DVD advertised for Black Friday. There was one sitting on the shelf. I scanned it at the scanner in the toy section and it said, no sale. I took it to the front with the chance that I could buy it, but it wasn't allowed. The cashier kept the saber and it went into the back until morning.

autumnsdescent
04-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Found the 3 new comic packs at Wal Mart in Carmel / Westfield today.

Amanaman & imperial officer
3 ewoks
2 rebel pilots (quarren and mon calimari)

No sign of any of the new figure waves though.

Ji'dai
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
It is Wal-mart, Ji'dai. :yes:

Thanksgiving night '07, my mom and I went to WM to do some shopping for family coming in the next day. WM had the electronic lightsaber with the bonus CW DVD advertised for Black Friday. There was one sitting on the shelf. I scanned it at the scanner in the toy section and it said, no sale. I took it to the front with the chance that I could buy it, but it wasn't allowed. The cashier kept the saber and it went into the back until morning. Yeah, but that's product that was probably being saved for the Black Friday sale. I have no idea why they would deny sale of comic packs in the middle of March.

The WM exclusive comic packs are plentiful here and have been for some time. One store has had an entire endcap of them, but they're thinning out. I love all three - best packs I've seen in a long time.

I looked for the new CW wave at WM this afternoon, but nada.

OC47150
04-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Kmart has figures for $4.99 this week. I price-matched at WM and picked up the spacetrooper.

Ji'dai
04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I made the rounds yesterday, but the pegs are bare. Kids are on Spring Break this week so that's probably why the toy aisles look like they've been ransacked.

If anyone ever comes across the For A Few Dollars More Minimates (http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=435) pack and is willing to pick up one or two for me, I'd appreciate it. Maybe we can trade or I'll pay cost + finder's fee + shipping. This set came out last March, but who knows, there might be a few of them still catching dust out there.

OC47150
04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I price-matched using the Kmart ad and picked up the big bug-headed figure, stormie Han, red ARC trooper, 212th CW trooper and Bail. Hard to pass up for $5 each!

I now have enough droid parts to finish the orange R5 droid!! :pleased:

The new TRU exclusive vehicles are in the stores, too, but waaaay overpriced. $38 for a clean V-wing and Oddball figure!

TRU also had a dozen or more tri-logo CW figures hanging on the pegs. Guess it was a goof.

OC47150
04-23-2009, 10:53 PM
The new Empire figures were found at a Target in my area today. Guess I'll have to be on the lookout.

Still waiting for the Yavin battle pack, too. Read where it showed up in Wisconsin.

OC47150
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Saw the Yavin BP and the ESB Luke figure this weekend. I had to pass on the Yavin pack for now but it looks nice, well worth the money.

Ji'dai
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I haven't seen any new figures in some time. Are the new Jabba and Yavin BPs exclusives?

autumnsdescent
04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
After reading posts about the ESB Legacy wave being found in California and even near Louisville, KY, I've been scouting a lot lately. Finally struck gold this afternoon:

Visited the SuperTarget at Southport and Emerson in Indianapolis and found Luke, Leia, the new Emperor, and Ugnauts. I only picked up the Luke and Leia.

The selection looked like it had been picked through quite a bit. This is the first evidence of swine flu... er... the ESB wave in Indy though. Should be rolling out to the shelves of other retailers anytime.

I have found the new Jabba twice this week - both at Targets. It's quite a bit smaller than previous versions of Jabba. Well done for the animated version in my opinion. I love that the arms are articulated. I might have to pick this up.

Best Jabba release ever though, in my opinion, is the vintage one from 1983. They still haven't been able to top that yet as far as making it look like it did on screen in ROTJ.

Have yet to find the Yavin scramble but I know it's been here.

-A-

OC47150
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I haven't seen any new figures in some time. Are the new Jabba and Yavin BPs exclusives?

When I saw them last weekend, neither set had the Target exclusive sticker that's been placed on exclusives of late.

The Yavin set is hard to find. It's one per case.

OC47150
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM

The Yavin set is showing up at WMs, too.

autumnsdescent
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I found the Yavin set at my local Wal-Mart today. I was really excited about this set when I first saw the pictures of it a few months ago. Actually holding the box in my hand and realizing how un-detailed the cart is even compared to the picture on the back... Plus how the figs, although fully articulated, didn't really do much for me... I decided to pass.

They also had the Jabba pack.

No new figs on the pegs for the Wal Marts at 96th and I69, Pendleton Pike, or Washington Street.

Stopped at 2 target stores and found evidence of the latest CW wave (Jar Jar).

TRU Castleton and Washington had nothing new.

OC47150
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I saw the Yavin pack at the Clarksville Target again over the weekend, but someone had removed the Rebel techie and the cart. If it's still there in the next day or so, I'm gonna talk to the manager and see about getting it at a reduced price for the pilot and droid.

OC47150
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Saw my first snowtrooper in the store today. I kinda gave up hope of seeing him on a peg.

Other than the ESB Luke the other week, I haven't seen any ESB wave of figures since. Did see a cool Grievious bobblehead at Target.

autumnsdescent
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Found the animated Jar Jar wave (animated wave 6?) at TRU in Castleton today. Found all the figs from that wave except Kit Fisto. I was at that same TRU yesterday and they didn't have anything new. So they just put that assortment out in the last 24 hours and by the time I got there today, it had been picked fairly clean again... Looks like we are all out there scouting...

Mvader91
05-15-2009, 03:03 AM
:thumbsup:
Found the animated Jar Jar wave (animated wave 6?) at TRU in Castleton today. Found all the figs from that wave except Kit Fisto. I was at that same TRU yesterday and they didn't have anything new. So they just put that assortment out in the last 24 hours and by the time I got there today, it had been picked fairly clean again... Looks like we are all out there scouting...
:thumbsup:Found esb wave at walmart throught the remodel. Meijer on 96th had jar Jar wave all were available.That was Fishers Walmart. They had around 12 cases. Also, sitting out were Transformers 2 merch with May 30th date.

autumnsdescent
05-15-2009, 02:10 PM
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:Found esb wave at walmart throught the remodel. Meijer on 96th had jar Jar wave all were available.That was Fishers Walmart. They had around 12 cases. Also, sitting out were Transformers 2 merch with May 30th date.

Just to clarify - you were actually referring to the Wal Mart in Noblesville that had the 12 cases, right? I just got back from both the Fishers and Noblesville Wal Marts. The Fishers store had a lone Emperor Palpatine - which I bought. The Noblesville store, on the other hand, had the ENTIRE ESB wave and lots of it...

Picked up Needa, Ugnaught, & Hoth Trooper there (already found Luke & Leia earlier).

Now bring on the AOTC wave - I want me an HK-47!

Ji'dai
05-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Found the ESB wave in quantity at WM this afternoon. Picked up Luke, Leia, Needa, Hoth Trooper x3, and Ugnaught x3. Passed on Palpatine. What's he doing with that red lightsaber, anyway? Is that in the new ESB super special edition?

Mvader91
05-16-2009, 03:20 PM
:lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:
Just to clarify - you were actually referring to the Wal Mart in Noblesville that had the 12 cases, right? I just got back from both the Fishers and Noblesville Wal Marts. The Fishers store had a lone Emperor Palpatine - which I bought. The Noblesville store, on the other hand, had the ENTIRE ESB wave and lots of it...

Picked up Needa, Ugnaught, & Hoth Trooper there (already found Luke & Leia earlier).

Now bring on the AOTC wave - I want me an HK-47!
:lipsrsealed:Actually, like I said the Fishers Walmart that is going through a remodel. They were on pallet, so this never means they will put them all out. By my purchase, they probably only put out two cases. They were still stocking. Picked up the two rebel troopers and ugnaughts. One eachon others. Passed on emperor

OC47150
05-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Passed on Palpatine. What's he doing with that red lightsaber, anyway? Is that in the new ESB super special edition?

I picked up Needa and the ugnaught today.

Ji'dai's right: What's up with Palpy? I saw him loose over the weekend. With the hood removed, the face sculpt is just awful. Awful. For the record, I never paid attention to the lightsaber.

Ji'dai
05-23-2009, 01:26 PM
I saw the new Clone Wars figures at TRU this morning for the first time. I don't know if I really want another Jar Jar or not. Maybe if I see them at WM.

OC47150
05-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I've seen the entire ESB wave in the stores, except for the Hoth Rebel trooper. He still eludes me. But I won't give up!

Haven't seen too many of the CW figures lately, either.

Ji'dai
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
The Legacy ESB wave is now plentiful here though the Hoth Trooper is the most popular. I have the ones I want from the wave except for the Ugnaught and Hoth Trooper variants.

The last CW wave is pretty rare. I've only seen it once. I've never seen the Jabba or Yavin battle packs.

autumnsdescent
05-28-2009, 09:38 PM
The Legacy ESB wave is now plentiful here though the Hoth Trooper is the most popular. I have the ones I want from the wave except for the Ugnaught and Hoth Trooper variants.

The last CW wave is pretty rare. I've only seen it once. I've never seen the Jabba or Yavin battle packs.

I have found both battle packs easily at Target and Wal Mart stores across Indianapolis. You're in Terrible Haute if I recall J'Dai... If you feel like a nice 90 mile drive, we got your goods :)

Found the new CW wave 4 times so far. It disappears quickly. I got what I wanted from it though. It's obvious the CW waves are selling faster than the Legacy waves here. Kids...

I have yet to see the Ugnaut and Hoth Trooper vairants on the shelves.

Mvader91
05-29-2009, 05:44 PM
:laugh: Stopped in Walmart Fishers, yes Fishers, they had all the new Deluxe Transformers figs out and leader class. No voyager though, the price has jumped two dollars each. Pretty good designs on most.

Mvader91
05-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Went back to Fishers tonight and they put out several cases of voyager class Transformers ROF, they are pretty good. Prices have gone up a couple dollars.

Ji'dai
05-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I have found both battle packs easily at Target and Wal Mart stores across Indianapolis. You're in Terrible Haute if I recall J'Dai... If you feel like a nice 90 mile drive, we got your goods :) If gas prices hadn't jumped so much recently I'd probably go on more road trips for toys.

I did see the new CW figs at TRU again, but there's just not much in that wave that interests me.

Now that Transformers toys have taken all shelf space away from SW I doubt I'll see anything new for awhile. SW is crammed into a smaller section and there are tons of the ESB wave plus pegwarmers of earlier ones.

Ji'dai
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Went car shopping in Indy with my brother and his wife (they ended up buying a 2009 Honda Fit) and found some stuff I hadn't seen back home.

At Kmart in Plainfield I got both the Scramble on Yavin and Jabba's Palace Battle Packs. They were on sale for $19.99, so that was a pretty good deal considering most stores are selling the packs for at least $24. (Kmart's regular price on these packs is $29.79 :shocked:)

OC47150
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
At Kmart in Plainfield I got both the Scramble on Yavin and Jabba's Palace Battle Packs. They were on sale for $19.99, so that was a pretty good deal considering most stores are selling the packs for at least $24. (Kmart's regular price on these packs is $29.79 :shocked:)

I will have to check Kmart. I know these sets have shown up at WM but not Kmart.

Ji'dai
06-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I saw Yavin and Jabba battle packs at the local Kmart this morning. The sale must be over though. My KM sells them for $25, which is better than the price I saw near Indy.

OC47150
06-18-2009, 08:54 PM
I've been checking Kmarts for the Yavin BP but still nothing.

The new packaged/carded figures showed up today, at the Clarksville WM. Boy, they're small. I mean, small. I guess a new star case will have to be created for these figs.

Mvader91
06-19-2009, 08:07 PM
FOUND the wave of transformers with mud flap interregation barricade, cannon bumble bee, and Ravage! Theywere on sale for buy one get one half off. Gotta tell ya can't see buying these at 11.99. Toys R Us Castleton has been the hook up. Earlier 7.99 with Walmart price matching it has been an economical collection so far:lipsrsealed:

Ji'dai
06-30-2009, 01:44 PM
I saw the Legends figures on the new smaller cardbacks today for the first time. Nothing of else of note; I'm watching for the AOTC wave and the new LEGO sets.

OC47150
06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Nothing of else of note; I'm watching for the AOTC wave and the new LEGO sets.

Same here. I've only seen a couple of the AOTC at the comic shop, with comic shop prices, of course.

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I found most of the AOTC wave at WM today. I didn't see Jango or the ARC Trooper. I bought Owen & Beru and left the rest. I like the BAD for this wave but don't want to get the other figs in order to build it.

OC47150
07-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I like the BAD for this wave but don't want to get the other figs in order to build it.

You should do what my friends and I do: have a BAD swap meet. We bring the spare BAD parts and trade.

OC47150
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Found the new Beru at the NA WM the other day.

I have to say: the HK build a droid will be my favorite.

I don't know if it's happening in your areas or not, but several of my WMs are going through a major remodel and I can't find a blasted thing in the store!!!! Driving me nuts!!!!!

autumnsdescent
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I've been lucky enough to find most of the AOTC wave. The only 2 figs I haven't seen are Owen & Beru. Oddly enough, the concept Anakin was the first one I found - I thought it would be the hardest to find.

Seems like Monday nights are when figures are put out at my local WMs. Tuesday is when I went scouting and found Obi-Wan, the alien Jedi, spacetrooper with HK part, Typho, & concept Anakin. By Wednesday, all evidence of the AOTC wave hitting shelves in Indianapolis had disappeared.

To my knowledge, Toys R Us in Castleton hasn't even received the ESB wave yet. Or they're just not putting it out b/c of all the greatest hits peg warmers.

The 3 different lines with similar-shaped cards has done a great job in confusing store stocking employees. Everything is mixed together as one line and the new waves simply don't get rotated properly... Personally wish each line had a different shaped card to help the situation out...

In other news, the Transformers line is starting to die down a bit now that the movie had its big roar.

The GI Joe new figs are popping up everywhere. Some look cool. The paint jobs are a little iffy (particularly on the Storm Shadow without the mask). Saw Cobra Commander and the new snake eyes (hooded on card). Interesting. I was so against this movie when I saw the preview (the exo-suit concept doesn't belong in this story IMO, and had convinced me the story would suck). After seeing some of the merch, my curiosity is piqued again though. Wish the Baroness figure's face didn't look like she's 80 years old...

Ji'dai
07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Saw part of the AOTC wave again. This time I saw Jango but no ARC Trooper.

TRU had most of the SW summer LEGO releases except for Echo Base, Home One, and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

Mvader91
07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Target Castleton has tons of joe figures for 6.99.:sleeping:

autumnsdescent
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Found Owen & Beru at Wal-Mart up in Rensselaer, IN yesterday.

I am now the pleased owner of one HK droid (finally)! Of all the BAD's, this one is by far the coolest.

I loved KOTOR and am hoping for more from that series.

Owen & Beru are decent figs. A little disappointed there's no ankle articulation though.

I thought the latest Tri-Weekly Q&A said the EP2 wave would be hard to complete. I took that as a challenge. Found all the figs within 5 days of that posting. Of course, I can't really claim any credit for that - whereas in 2007, wave 5 took me 7 months to complete. It's really luck of the draw with the retailers' product rotation.

Bring on the EP1 wave ...

OC47150
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
TRU had most of the SW summer LEGO releases except for Echo Base, Home One, and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

Is that the one with the Lego tauntaun? I definitely want to pick up that set.

I hope the ATOC wave isn't hard to find. I check WM and Target regularly, but there's other stores that are slower to get the new stuff, like Kmart and Meijer. Meijer hasn't received any of the ESB wave yet.

OC47150
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I took what Autumndescent had to say about the AOTC wave possibly being hard to find and went out searching for it today. Found it at my third store, at Meijer! It looked like one case was on the pegs. I left Beru and AOTC Anakin, since he's the same as the Evolutions Anakin.

Can't wait until I piece the HK droid together!!

Ji'dai
07-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Is that the one with the Lego tauntaun? I definitely want to pick up that set. Yep. Bet we'll see another version with Luke too. The tauntaun looks much better than what you see on the box too. The box pic has a noticeable mold seam running down the middle of the animal; the actual toy does not.

Ji'dai
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Spotted the new vehicle assortment in the new packaging, including the Fighter Tank. TRU here had new Galatic Heroes sets too - the Sail Barge and Medal Ceremony.

Ji'dai
07-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Saw the Clone Turbo Tank at TRU today, $100. It comes with a speeder bike and a tank gunner clone sculpted in the Animated style.

Also spotted some SW Uncle Milton science sets - robotic Vader arm, Naboo aquatic environment (sea monkeys!), a neat-looking Dagobah frog environment, Mustafar volcano lab, among others...

OC47150
07-26-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw the remains of the AOTC wave at a couple of different stores over the weekend. They're out there, if you're willing to visit more than one store.

autumnsdescent
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I have now found the AOTC wave in full 6 different times in the past 2 weeks. So far, this has been the easiest wave to find in my 30 years of collecting...

I picked up the new republic fighter tank about a week ago. I think the design is great but the deco leaves a bit to be desired. Not bad though. I've seen the magna guard fighter several times now as well. Will eventually look at picking that one up.

Haven't seen the turbo tank yet but I'm looking forward to that one.

Really enjoying the pix from ComicCon to see what's coming up...

Mvader91
07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
:thumbsup:Comic con luke hasbrotoyshop now!

Ji'dai
07-31-2009, 03:53 PM
My TRU had a lot of new stuff today. I saw the Clone Wars Deluxe figures, $18: Anakin/Can-Cell and two Clone packs, but not Dooku/Speeder and Crab Droid. These deluxe packs are friggin' huge. I thought they were scaling back packaging sizes.

Captain Rex role-play helmet, $35.

R/C R2-D2, $35.

Commander Ponds TRU exclusive figure, $10. I want that one, but not for $10.

OC47150
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Commander Ponds TRU exclusive figure, $10. I want that one, but not for $10.

Well, $10 is better than buying $20 or $30 in merchandise and getting it for free. I'm surprised he's out since the offer isn't until September.

Some of the Targets in my area have the newer Legos and vehicles but I haven't see 'em myself.

OC47150
08-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Saw some of the newer packaged vehicles and 2-packs at Target today. The figures were pretty well picked over by the time I got there.

The new Legos have arrived, too. I like the Endor battle set, but not enough to pay $100. Maybe it will go on clearance after Christmas.

Mvader91
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Saw some of the newer packaged vehicles and 2-packs at Target today. The figures were pretty well picked over by the time I got there.

The new Legos have arrived, too. I like the Endor battle set, but not enough to pay $100. Maybe it will go on clearance after Christmas.
Carmel meijer new waves of Clone wars,Castleton toys rus Ponds, Target castleton and Nora new clone wars waves!!:yes:

Ji'dai
08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Well, $10 is better than buying $20 or $30 in merchandise and getting it for free. I'm surprised he's out since the offer isn't until September. Is TRU going to give Ponds away with purchase in September? Maybe they're letting collectors have a go at it first then offer him as a freebie next month.

Lots of new product hitting lately! Found most of the new Clone Wars figures today at WM. Picked up Denal, Gree, Cad Bane, spacesuit Ahsoka, and space(helmet) Anakin. I passed on Mace, Fisto (new card), and the rocketpack Droid. Didn't see ARF Trooper, Yularen, Jawas, or the new SBD. I got a late start so most of the new stuff was gone. If there wasn't a Legends assortment, there'd be more room on the pegs for new things.

WM is cheaper on the CW Deluxe; they are $16 there. Those were picked through too.

OC47150
08-02-2009, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Ji'dai;689373]Is TRU going to give Ponds away with purchase in September? Maybe they're letting collectors have a go at it first then offer him as a freebie next month.
QUOTE]

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/sdcc09/july24/hasbro-qa/pages/hasbro-presentation054.html

I thought I read on another site that Ponds is free with a purchase, but let me see if I can find that.

I stopped at another Target yesterday and bought CW Mace and Yularen. Yularen is worth the price just for the briefing table. One of the cooler accessories Hasbro has given us.

Ji'dai
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow, they're really moving the product into stores at a faster rate this year. I think it was after Labor Day last year before I started finding new waves.

OC47150
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
I saw the new BAD sets at the Clarksville WM today. I had the Maul and Corran Horn sets in hand and thought it was best to walk by the scanner. $17!!!! Damn!!! For the set of 5, it would be close to $90.

I do like the smaller packaging.

Ji'dai
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I saw the BAD 2 packs today. They tags were marked "17.00" which I thought was a weird price for WM. Usually that's a clearance price. I really want the articulated Dark Trooper, but like OC, I'm not paying $90 for it.

Still haven't seen Yularen or the Jawas wave.

Saw a lot of SW Transformers in the new packaging; have no idea what is new or old there since I don't collect them.

Saw the Clone Wars LEGO Pirate Tank at Target and couldn't resist getting it. Also bought the Republic Fighter Tank, which was released last year and sold out.

Ji'dai
08-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I found Yularen, Jawas, Heavy Assault SBD, and the ARF Trooper this morning at WM. Passed on the Super BD.

I want to open some stuff; see if I got any "Clone Cash" coupons.

OC47150
08-09-2009, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Ji'dai;690529]I saw the BAD 2 packs today. They tags were marked "17.00" which I thought was a weird price for WM. Usually that's a clearance price. I really want the articulated Dark Trooper, but like OC, I'm not paying $90 for it.QUOTE]

I like the droids that are in the sets, but the figures themselves are rehashes. I think these sets may make it to clearance shortly.

Saw a few more of the CW figures at Meijer: space Obi-Wan, Echo, the alien general. I find it odd that the space Obi-Wan got, maybe 2 - 4 seconds of screen time during the cartoon, and yet has a figure made.

Ji'dai
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Obi-Wan is a major male character so we'll get every costume change he makes on the show.

I was checking eBay for pics of that wave to see what they looked like. At least the spacesuit Obi-Wan is different from the previous version. Spacesuit Anakin is pretty much the old figure with a new helmet accessory. I didn't buy the old Anakin, but at least they could've used the one with knee articulation from the battle pack.

Ji'dai
08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
SWShop (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_sku=SWHB09BPM CQ&rid=EMAILC-260) has the McQuarrie figure box set up for pre-order. $56 for 13 figures in two window boxes. Not a bad price, actually. Works out to about 4.30 a figure before shipping. I never got the exclusive 3PO & R2, Obi-Wan & Yoda, and Luke.

OC47150
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I found Bane and Gree today at the Clarksville Target.

I looked at the WM droid factory sets a little closer the other night. I might have to get the Maul set, but the others just don't do anything for me.

OC47150
08-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Someone's buying the droid sets at WM, 'cause they're all gone from the Clarksville WM. The NA WM still has some.

I saw the Lego Endor set. Very nice, but I can't imagine myself paying $100 for it. I like it primarily for the A-wing. I missed getting the last Lego A-wing.

Ji'dai
08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I saw the Lego Endor set. Very nice, but I can't imagine myself paying $100 for it. I like it primarily for the A-wing. I missed getting the last Lego A-wing. You must mean the Home One Mon Cal Cruiser set; it's the one with the A-Wing. The Endor set is cool too; it's got the AT-ST.

The local Walmart finally stocked the Droid sets this week. They came in a large cardboard display tray. When I went back Friday evening it looked like only 3 or 4 had been purchased.

I finally saw the Whorm Loathsom wave today. I liked all the figs in this wave so I got them all - Space suit Obi-Wan, the protocol droid 4A-7, soft goods Yoda, Whorm, Commando Droid, and Clone Echo.

Ji'dai
09-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I saw the Clone Wars Hasbro Y-Wing at WM this afternoon. I was actually tempted to get it but the $65 price tag deterred me.

OC47150
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I saw the Clone Wars Hasbro Y-Wing at WM this afternoon. I was actually tempted to get it but the $65 price tag deterred me.

$65?!?!? Are you kidding????

These will be sitting around this time next year, just like the Dagger Squadron B-Wings and Lars homesteads.

Ji'dai
09-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Nope, it was $65. I scanned it since there wasn't a shelf tag. I read in the CA thread that TRU is charging $80 for it.

OC47150
09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Insane.

The NA WM was putting out their WM exclusive Evolutions sets this morning, as well as a bunch of CW figures. The Evolutions pilots were great looking. I didn't get a chance to scan 'em to see what the price was; the WM renovated the store and I haven't found the scanner in the toy section, if there's still one.

Mvader91
09-08-2009, 11:39 PM
:thumbsup:Grabbed two at-te and two falcons at toys r us Castleton! The kids xmas is done! Those are great prices!

Ji'dai
09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Spotted the Clone Wars 2-packs ($13) at WM. I was going to get them until I saw them in person. Since I've already picked up the new Yoda and Echo figs I'm not inclined to buy them again. I don't have Rex and Cody, but I'd just as well go with the single-carded versions anyway.

Also saw endcaps full of Octapara droids ($35). Looks cool pretty cool. The cartoon may get me to start buying vehicles again. Though I'm more likely to get the LEGO versions over Hasbro's.

And at least one WM here put out the exclusive Evolutions sets ($25). I'd like to get the Rebel Pilots one but will not pay 25 for it.

OC47150
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I have yet to see the Octapara droid.

The CW two-packs aren't too bad. I might have to pick those up.

I like the WM Evolutions sets. I've put 'em on my Christmas list.

Ji'dai
09-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Forgot to mention I also saw the Clone Wars battle pack with poncho-clad Ahsoka & Anakin, IG-86, and a fat little Trandoshan at TRU. I'd like to have that one, but don't want to pay what they're asking for it.

OC47150
09-12-2009, 03:51 PM
I saw the Octapara droid for the first time today. I can't justify paying $35 for it, since other ships are only $20 - $25.

I found part of the PM wave today. Bought the purple Padme, the chair-walking holo Sidious and the podracer. Good haul.

autumnsdescent
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
On Thursday this past week, I went hunting and found the entire TPM wave at the Walmart in Westfield. They only had one of each figure. I picked up the Queen and Rum Sleg and passed on the others. I stopped back by that same Walmart today (Saturday) and there was no evidence of that wave left.

Finding all the latest CW waves most everywhere. Picked up Loathsom, 4A-7, Jawas, & Yularen.

I found the Octura (sp?) droid, the CW 2-packs, the WM Droid Factory exclusives, and the new evolutions sets at the Lafayette Rd. Walmart. Passed on them. Nothing really grabbed me with those. I'm really looking forward to some of the future waves...

In other collecting news, a couple weeks ago, I found a Paris Escape Baroness at that Lafayette Rd. Walmart. Still looking for the Doctor and cold-weather Snakeyes...

autumnsdescent
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Almost forgot to mention -

I saw the Wedge X-wing at Target in Westfield. They only had one and, although I don't remember the exact price, it was way more than I wanted to pay for it.

On Tuesday this past week, I discovered the previous day's Labor day sale at TRU for the ATTE and BMF. Of course. I would have LOVED to have taken advantage of that...

OC47150
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
In other collecting news, a couple weeks ago, I found a Paris Escape Baroness at that Lafayette Rd. Walmart. Still looking for the Doctor and cold-weather Snakeyes...

If that's the Doctor I'm thinking it is, I want one for his accessories. I saw one at the flea market over Labor Day Weekend but didn't want to pay flea market prices.

Mvader91
09-13-2009, 06:54 PM
If that's the Doctor I'm thinking it is, I want one for his accessories. I saw one at the flea market over Labor Day Weekend but didn't want to pay flea market prices.
Found the doctor in white coat at fishers walmart. Is this a variant?:bandit:

OC47150
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Found the doctor in white coat at fishers walmart. Is this a variant?:bandit:

No, he was all in black. I want to say he had like a half-mask covering the lower part of his face.

I'd never heard of this character before. I guess he was made for the movie, but I could be wrong.

Mvader91
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
No, he was all in black. I want to say he had like a half-mask covering the lower part of his face.

I'd never heard of this character before. I guess he was made for the movie, but I could be wrong.

Actually, dr. Rex Lewis ska cobra commander. Keepin some of the changes straight was interesting for me too. Lol

OC47150
09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I saw the second WM exclusive two-packs (Rex and Cody with clones) at WM over the weekend. The Clarksville WM also restocked their exclusive Evolutions set.

Other than that, nothing really new on the pegs. I haven't seen TPM wave in a couple of weeks.

A buddy did find the WM droid factory set I was wanting: Maul and the droid from Shadow Hunter.

Ji'dai
09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I haven't seen any new figures since the latest Clone Wars waves hit. I've spent a lot of money on LEGO recently and bought an HD camcorder last week so I'm happy for the respite on the action figure front.

darth maul rat
09-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Long time since I posted...

I wandered into the Target on West 38th street tonight and they had the entire ROTJ wave on the pegs. This is the first major find for me in about a month so I was pretty jazzed. Most of the TPM wave seems to have passed me by though...

-rat

Mvader91
10-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Walmart fishers had cw thire luminara wave tonight! Only one case though it comes with Rex repack.

OC47150
10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Walmart fishers had cw thire luminara wave tonight! Only one case though it comes with Rex repack.

I saw the remains of this wave today at the NA WM. The only figure on the peg was the AAT/camo battle droid.

Ji'dai
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Found the TPM and latest CW wave at WM. I picked up Luminara, Argyus, Thire, Rum Sleg, Holo Sidious, and Clegg Holdfast. Passed on the others. Neat looking BAD, but I'm not buying the other crap to build it.

OC47150
10-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Found the TPM and latest CW wave at WM. I picked up Luminara, Argyus, Thire, Rum Sleg, Holo Sidious, and Clegg Holdfast. Passed on the others. Neat looking BAD, but I'm not buying the other crap to build it.

I keep finding the leftovers from the TPM wave. Saw Obi-Wan yesterday, but Rum still eludes me.

Mvader91
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
:thumbsup: Just received my qui gonn eopie today! looks pretty sweet.

OC47150
10-07-2009, 07:51 PM
:thumbsup: Just received my qui gonn eopie today! looks pretty sweet.

Mine arrived on Tuesday. It is sweet. I haven't popped it out of the package yet.

Ji'dai
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I found the ROTJ wave and new comic packs at Kmart this afternoon. Picked up Slave Leia, Ewoks, Nien Nunb, Major Panno, Giran, Malakili, and Nikto Gunner. Of the comic packs I got Yuuzhan Vong & Kyle Katarn and Lumiya & Luke. Passed on Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare.

autumnsdescent
10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I found the ROTJ wave and new comic packs at Kmart this afternoon. Picked up Slave Leia, Ewoks, Nien Nunb, Major Panno, Giran, Malakili, and Nikto Gunner. Of the comic packs I got Yuuzhan Vong & Kyle Katarn and Lumiya & Luke. Passed on Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare.

I also found the entire ROTJ wave today (10/09/09) at a KMart. They only had one of each figure. I picked up the new Luke, the Slave Leia, and Major Panno (Prune Face). Passed on the rest for now. Not happy about the $8.99 / figure price tag at KMarts. Almost as bad as Kohl's. No sign of the new comic packs at the East Washington Street or Pendleton Pike KMarts.

TRU Castleton still has yet to put any Build-A-Droid figures out in the new card packaging that debuted in July. I saw 3 TIE Interceptors there yesterday and when I went back today, all 3 were gone.

I saw the new CW Y-Wing at 2 different Target Stores. This looks like a really cool ship. Not happy about the price tag, though.

Ji'dai
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
As soon as I find the ROTJ wave & comic packs at Walmart I'll be returning the ones I got at Kmart. I'm not paying $9 for figures and $15 for comic packs.

The TRU here still has a ton of blue carded figures, which they got in for their last 3 for 2 sale. Everyone already has them so naturally they didn't sell. I did see the TIE Interceptor at my TRU today as well.

I'm tempted to get the Hasbro Clone Wars vehicles but the cost is too high. I don't mind shelling out for the LEGO versions though.

OC47150
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm tempted to get the Hasbro Clone Wars vehicles but the cost is too high. I don't mind shelling out for the LEGO versions though.

Christmas is just 70+ days away, so I'm positive that some store will run these vehicles on sale at least once.

Found the Gungan warrior today. Not too shabby.

darth maul rat
10-18-2009, 02:11 PM
The Avon Target and the West 38th St. Target both had the same 4 of the 6 Geonosis Arena sets last night. The two new Jedi, Mace Windu and Yoda. I grabbed the two new Jedi at 38th St. 38th St has been putting these out since Monday, but the others around her haven't. It was the first time I had seen the new Jedi there though.

Also, anyone wanting a remote control R2-X2 can still get one at the Avon Target. They have been peg-warming there for a few weeks now.

-Rat

OC47150
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
The Geo sets haven't arrived at the Targets on my side of the river, but they've been found in Louisville.

A buddy sold me the droid that came with the WM Darth Maul Droid Factory set. Very nice.

Saw the ROTJ wave at my local club meeting and the comic shop Saturday night. Great wave. I love the detail on the B-wing pilot's uniform.

autumnsdescent
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I think I may have mentioned in a previous post (too lazy to look it up) that I found the entire ROTJ wave at KMart at Pendleton Pike last week. I passed on about half the wave and the more I thought about it, the more I think I will actually pick up a couple more of those if I find the wave again elsewhere.

I saw the Target Geonosis 2-packs at 2 different Target stores this past week (116th street in Fishers and Nora). I was excited about these figures until I was actually holding the package in my hand in the store. I was less impressed when I saw the figs in person. Think I'll pass on these.

I think I've lost track of what's supposed the be coming out next.

Can someone on here help me recap the following:

(Build-A-Droid figures only)
2009 - Wave 1 = (what figs were in the wave?)
2009 - Wave 2 = ''
2009 - Wave 3 = ''
2009 - Wave 4 = ''
2009 - Wave 5 = '' In which of these waves did the packaging switch?
2009 - Wave 6 = ''
2009 - Wave 7 = "
2009 - Wave 8 = TPM Wave - Queen Amidala, Rum Slegg, etc.
2009 - Wave 9 = ROTJ Wave? or is this supposed to be the AOTC wave?
2009 - Wave 10 = Is there a wave 10 or is that 2010 wave 1?
Are there any more 2009 waves?

What are the first few waves in 2010?

OC47150
10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I saw the Target Geonosis 2-packs at 2 different Target stores this past week (116th street in Fishers and Nora). I was excited about these figures until I was actually holding the package in my hand in the store. I was less impressed when I saw the figs in person. Think I'll pass on these.

Right now, I'm only interested in the two new Jedi figures. I might change my mind after I see the others in person.

darth maul rat
10-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Can someone on here help me recap the following:

(Build-A-Droid figures only)
2009 - Wave 1 = (what figs were in the wave?)
2009 - Wave 2 = ''
2009 - Wave 3 = ''
2009 - Wave 4 = ''
2009 - Wave 5 = '' In which of these waves did the packaging switch?
2009 - Wave 6 = ''
2009 - Wave 7 = "
2009 - Wave 8 = TPM Wave - Queen Amidala, Rum Slegg, etc.
2009 - Wave 9 = ROTJ Wave? or is this supposed to be the AOTC wave?
2009 - Wave 10 = Is there a wave 10 or is that 2010 wave 1?
Are there any more 2009 waves?

What are the first few waves in 2010?

The easiest way to keep track is at Rebelscum.com at the picture archive section. I go there at least every other day to reference something.

-Rat

autumnsdescent
10-24-2009, 01:41 PM
ROTJ wave found at Target at 116th & I-69 this morning. Go get 'em.

OC47150
10-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Found some of the ROTJ wave at Kmart, but I wasn't going to pay $9 for 'em.

darth maul rat
10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Last night at the Target in Plainfield they had the Legacy Biker Scout and Malakili.

This afternoon I was at the TRU on East Washington and they had the Legacy Biker Scout and Malakili. It was deja vu all over again.

I went to the ASH comics convention at 21st and Shadeland and even the guys who work at Wal-Mart weren't showing much of anything. One was bragging that he had had 2 Cad Banes for a little while. It is getting discouraging. The Hasbro Rep says buy them online if you can't find them, but it's the TPM wave I can't find and it's down to e-Bay to get them. I figured it up and if I get them there it's 60 bucks for 4 figures I need. I can't bring myself to do that.

And then they wonder why fans are going away.

-Rat

autumnsdescent
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry you're having a tough time of it, Rat.

I travel all over the North and East side of Indianapolis frequently for work. So every week, I pretty much hit

Target at 116th & I69
Walmart at 96th & I69
Toys R Us in Castleton
Target in Castleton
Target in Nora
Walmart at Pendleton Pike & Sunnyside
Target at Washington Square
Toys R Us on East Washington
Walmart at Washington & German Church
Walmart & Target at 146th & US31

Occasionally, I'll make my way to
Target at Southport & I65
Target at West 38th Street
Walmart at Lafayette Road
Toys R Us in Greenwood

By hitting the first list of stores about once a week, I have managed to find every wave in its entirety several times (including TPM wave 4 times). Having to travel for work and being able to build stops in might be the advantage though.

It didn't used to be as easy to find things though. I definitely think the collector base falling off in spending the last 18 months has made things way more easy to find for me.

I typically wear a suit for work and if I encounter a store where the figures are just a mess or look like they haven't been touched in a couple weeks, I'll speak to a store associate about it. I'll tell them I'm a scout for this website, which reports to the manufacturer. I educate them on the differences between the 3 lines (Saga Legends, Legacy, & Clone Wars) mainly by telling them about the color stripe at the top of the cards and why some figures move better than others. For example, I spoke to two employees stocking the toy area at the 116th street Target last week. There were zero Build-A-Droid (Legacy) figures out and I hadn't seen any there in quite some time. I asked the guys if they were stocking the Legacy collection. They said they didn't know there were different lines. So I explained how the Saga Legends is all repacks and, while kid-friendly, tend to clog pegs; the CW line is all the new animated figures; and the Legacy collection is all new figs with Build-A-Droid parts in them. I told them the Legacy collection will sell quickest when stocked. They thanked me for the info and said they would tell the department manager about the 3 lines and see if it makes a difference. Two days later, I returned and the lines were split into their groups on the pegs and the ROTJ wave was out. Now not every store takes the advice. But it sometimes helps to befriend the employees and educate them (asking them, "would you like to move more product?") if they aren't collectors themselves.

I know I'm rambling on...Hope that helps, man.

-A-

indyjones1981
10-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Autumnsdescent are you in sales where you have to wear a suit everyday? Wow you hit a lot of stores a week. I would think you will be able to find the new stuff out at the various stores when you hit that many a week. Maybe you should work for Hasbro. Sounds like they could use your help.

OC47150
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Rat, give it some more time. With the holidays almost upon us, the stores will be moving more stock and clearing out the warehouses.

Also try Kmart and Meijer. When the AOTC wave was reported to be hard to find, I found it at Meijer.

darth maul rat
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Actually I came across whinier than I intended.

Geez Autumn what do you do for a living?

Actually I cover the state doing maintenance work for Speedway, so I know what it's like to see all these stores, it is just having time to stop.

I remind myself of one thing and that is I always luck into the figures I need. It is all patience. But with the Hasbro Rep saying there are less of them out there this time, I really wonder. I figure in a week or two I will wander into my Wal-Mart and they will have an endcap of all of them. It has happened more times than I can count.

And if I don't I don't. Truthfully they are four figures I could go either way about. Rum Sleg is a victim of his own hype, in that as fans we have made him the big deal he is. The Sidious Holo looks cool, but do I need another Gungan or Obi-Wan?

I say all that but the blur you would see as I grab them off the pegs would hurt your eyes.

At least they aren't astromechs. Then I would be nutty...

-Rat

darth maul rat
10-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Well today I did manage to find a Holo Sidious, so that is something. So far the Brownsburg Wal-mart has been my friend for the TPM wave.

Also, according to the end of the pegs they were selling Legends figures for $5.00 apiece. Something to look into if you are looking for any of those...

OC47150
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Meijer has figures on sale for $5 this week. I price-matched at WM and picked up the TPM Obi-Wan I needed.

autumnsdescent
10-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Picked up an AT-TE for $49.99 at the Toys R Us door-buster event tonight. Nifty vehicle. Feel like it was a good deal at that price...

Still have yet to see the Legacy collection at TRU Castleton since before the card changeover back in July...

OC47150
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
The Geonosis two-packs finally landed at the Clarksville Target. There were only three left. I want to get the sets with the new Jedi included.

darth maul rat
11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, I found Rum Sleg this afternoon at Avon Miejer. And I got it for 5 bucks to boot. That just leaves the Gungan and Obi-Wan for me to find. And I can live with or without them.

Also, Meijer has the Marvel Universe figures for 5 as well. I grabbed the new paint job on the Thing. He now has the darker blue "Byrne era" pants on.

-Rat

OC47150
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
The AT-ST set landed at the C'ville WM. I don't think it's worth the $44. And the WM droid factory sets have made a return visit.

Ji'dai
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I saw the AT-ST and the Dewback at local WM's in the last couple days. I'd like to have the 2-seater AT-ST but am unwilling to pay $45 for it too. And the old POTF2 Dewback is sufficient for my needs - I know I have at least 2 or 3 of them.

OC47150
11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I saw the AT-ST and the Dewback at local WM's in the last couple days. I'd like to have the 2-seater AT-ST but am unwilling to play $45 for it too. And the old POTF2 Dewback is sufficient for my needs - I know I have at least 2 or 3 of them.

I have to agree. I bought the last AT-ST from a few years ago loose and it's sufficient for my needs.

I like the new dewback but I still have several of the older version from when TRU clearanced them out for $5.

Ji'dai
11-10-2009, 05:59 PM
WM here has quite a few AT-STs. I'd like to get one but maybe WM will roll back the price. It's a $30 vehicle tops.

I saw remnants of the ROTJ revision wave with the gray "warthog" Ugnaught at WM today too. I picked up the Ugnaught.

OC47150
11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I saw my first Target exclusive Wedge and X-wing in the stores today. It's nice, but not $50 nice.

I picked up one of the Geo sets at the NA Target. It was one of the newly produced Jedi.

Ji'dai
11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I saw all those Geonosis two packs at Target today too. Prequel stuff doesn't really interest me but I was surprised to see Coleman Trebor in one pack. That was a hard to find figure at one time.

I went to Avon and Plainfield today and found that ROTJ wave to be quite plentiful at both WM and Target. I picked up another set of those so now I'll be able to return the ones I got at Kmart for $9 a pop.

Also saw the Freeco Speeder with Obi-Wan and very nearly bought it, but passed for now. Seemed like a neat vehicle for $16; plus I don't have the figure. LEGO is releasing their own version of this speeder in 2010 so I may just wait and get that one.

darth maul rat
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Well I went out last night and found the new Ugnaught at the Avon Target and then stopped at the Avon Meijer where they had put out a bunch of the TPM wave, so I finally grabbed the last two of them I need. So I am caught up again until the ANH wave gets here. They seem to be hitting California now.

Also, K-Mart has their multi-pack figure set on sale this week for $19.96. The West Washington street one had the Endor battle pack and the Clone Wars one with the giant worm. I left them both for someone who might appreciate them more.

-rat

OC47150
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
So I am caught up again until the ANH wave gets here. They seem to be hitting California now.

The ANH and ROTS waves have been found in Louisville. I still haven't picked up the ROTJ wave, yet.

I'm running behind. Somebody better have figures on sale real soon!!! :yes:

autumnsdescent
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I've hit 12 stores in the last 24 hours:

Target - Fishers (116th street) - remnants of ROTJ wave.

Target - Glendale - nothing new.

Toys R Us - Castleton - nothing new.

Wal Mart - Noblesville - have the ATST & Dewbacks. No Legacy figs tho.

Wal Mart - Fishers (96th street) - have ATST & Dewbacks, remnants of ROTJ wave. Also had new comic packs - one of each: (Lumiya & Luke, Yuzon & Katan, Segal & Krayt).

Wal Mart (71st & Keystone) - remnants of TPM & ROTJ waves.

Wal Mart - Greenfield - had ATST & dewbacks but no Legacy figs.

Meijer (96th street) - Found TPM, ROTJ, & ANH waves there - of all places...

Kohl's - Noblesville - Found remnants of TPM & ROTJ waves.

Kohl's (96th street) - nothing new.

Kohl's (German Church Rd) - Found ROTS, TPM, & ROTJ waves.

KMart (Pendleton Pike) - found ROTS, ROTJ waves

Hope that helps everyone out a bit. Happy hunting!

-A-

OC47150
11-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I've had good luck at Meijer.

I stopped at Kohl's Friday night during their big sale. Had two sections of SW figures; the bigger of the two was the older blue packaging and I'd swear that most of those figures were there last Christmas.

Saw the new battle packs, minus the Republic gunship turrets, at the C'ville TRU today. Other than the Feluccia slug, wasn't impressed with the others.

Mvader91
11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
:thumbsup: Castleton Target had all of the ROTJ wave minus slave leia at around 5 o'clock today! They also had remnants of tatooine and attack of the clones waves.

Ji'dai
11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Finally came across the ANH wave in its entirety at TRU today. Picked up Scanning Crew trooper x2, cantina aliens Kal Fas & Leesub Sirln (such a weird fig!), and Jawa & Security Droid.

I passed on the concept Ki-Adi-Mundi and co-pilot Chewie, along with Han & R2 once again.

OC47150
11-21-2009, 11:42 AM
The girlfriend needs a new Christmas tree, so we went out shopping last night. I found the remains of the ROTJ wave at Target, and picked up Prune Face.

I found part of the CW, ROTJ, ANH and AOTC waves at the NA Meijer. No sign of the scanner tech. : (

OC47150
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I had my monthly club meeting and I hit a bunch of stores on the way home. Did more looking than buying.

Saw the gunner turret and Vulture's Row battle packs at a Louisville WM. The Vulture Row is a possible buy. I like the turrets, but it's one per bp, and it would be close to $50 to outfit a gunship.

Found the CW trading cards at two different Targets. They're nice cards.

I took advantage of Kmart's BOGO free sale and picked up ROTJ Nikto gunner and Nieb Niub. Two legs for two different droids. Blast it. :upset:

Ji'dai
11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I picked up Clone Wars figures Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Matchstick, and Ziro's Assassin Droid courtesy Kmart's BOGO free sale. Also got the new Padme at WM finally, though I've seen and passed on her a few times before.

I usually hit all the stores before the big Thanksgiving shopping weekend and pick up anything I've been holding off on getting before it's gone for good.

Mvader91
11-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Price matched kmart's ad at meijer! Figs for4 bucks! Got all tattooine wave and rots wave! Sweet deals!!

OC47150
11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Price matched kmart's ad at meijer! Figs for4 bucks! Got all tattooine wave and rots wave! Sweet deals!!

I wondered if a store would recognize the BOGO offer. Good to know for future reference.

With the Kmart ad, I picked up both Nikto gunners, the ewoks and Nieb Niub.

Meijer has figures for $5.50 on Black Friday so I'll be hitting there.

OC47150
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I had some good Black Friday success.

I picked up the figures I had stashed at the NA Meijer today for $5.50 each: Jawa, bald chick, Lizard, Argyus and Jedi Luke.

Picked up the scanner techie at the Jeff Meijer.

I splurged a little bit at the NA Kohl's and bought the ROTS Cody and Jeremy Bulloch/pilot and McQuarrie IG-88 for $7.25.

I also picked up the last two Hallmark SW ornaments I needed for a decent price at Kohl's.

autumnsdescent
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
The walmart on Lafayette Rd. is my friend today! Found the entire ESB wave this morning. They also have the entire ROTJ wave for those still looking.

I didn't think the ESB wave was coming out until January. When I saw reports on here that the wave has been found in retail now, I knew that there would be a decent chance that this will be the hardest wave to find - especially after the Christmas reset.

Now I'm looking forward to the EU wave in January...

Ji'dai
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I saw that the WMs here had the cube display today while out at noon but they were picked clean. Basic figures are $6 each now. I did see concept IG-88, Utai, Stormtrooper Han, Capt. Colton, etc. but nothing new beyond that.

OC47150
12-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I saw that the WMs here had the cube display today while out at noon but they were picked clean. Basic figures are $6 each now. I did see concept IG-88, Utai, Stormtrooper Han, Capt. Colton, etc. but nothing new beyond that.

I just read that. I was at the NA WM last night buying milk and swung by the toy dept. The signage hadn't been changed to reflect the price change yet.

Ji'dai
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I saw R2-X2 at WM and found a lone Snowtrooper under the shelving at another WM today so the ESB wave has hit here. I apparently hit the wrong WM's Friday; otherwise I'd probably would've run into the entire wave.

Darth Ambivalent
12-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Ji'Dai:

They have indeed landed in our area. Brazil WM had one each Willrow Hood, Bespin Guard, Snowtrooper (Concept), the new droid, Zuckuss, AT-AT Driver (helmet off) and Snowspeeder Luke. I snagged them all, but they did have plenty of the ANH and ROTJ wave, including Slave Leia. All I haven't seen so far are the ANH Chewie and the Utai.

Good hunting.

OC47150
12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw R2-X2 at WM and found a lone Snowtrooper under the shelving at another WM today so the ESB wave has hit here. I apparently hit the wrong WM's Friday; otherwise I'd probably would've run into the entire wave.

Story of my collecting career. Wrong store, wrong day.

A buddy did pick up the slave Leia for me. : )

Ji'dai
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
The ROTJ wave isn't rare here. I've seen quite a few slave Leias. I own two and with prices down I'm looking at getting another when I find one with good paint.

I was hoping to see the ESB wave this morning. Stores were freshly stocked, but with things I already have.

Darth Ambivalent
12-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Ji'Dai:

Unless they've sold out in the last few hours, go check the Sullivan Wal-Mart on U.S. 41, a few miles south of Terre Haute, where you will find the entire ESB wave.

Merry Christmas!

D.A.

Ji'dai
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
If Sullivan offered more than just that one dinky Walmart, I'd probably go there more often. I usually only stop at the Sullivan Walmart if I'm going to Vincennes, which at least has a Super WM with a Kmart across the street, plus a Kohls down the way from both. But these days, if I'm going shopping, I really prefer to go to Indy, which offers a greater variety of retail stores for just about everything. I find that really makes the trip more worthwhile and enjoyable.

OC47150
12-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I finally picked up the CW Luminara figure, which I needed, at the Clarksville WM.

I'm surprised the Feluccia grub battle pack isn't more scarce than it is. It's turned into a shelf warmer. I might have to pick one up after the holidays.

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 01:42 PM
The TRU here had all the 2010 Star Wars LEGO sets on the shelf this morning. TRU's mark-up is a little too high for my taste. Otherwise I would've bought them all.

OC47150
12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I took advantage of the Kohl's sale Friday night and picked up the ANH Han/stormie gear, Utapi, the CW alien general and one other for $6.53, after the discounts.

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
TRU is beginning to raise prices. I noticed that the comic packs are now $13.99 and the Deluxe actually had two price tags, depending on which peg you looked at.. either $17.99 or $19.99. I wonder what basic figure prices will be. I may stop collecting if basic figures jump to $9.

OC47150
12-18-2009, 06:27 PM
TRU is beginning to raise prices. I noticed that the comic packs are now $13.99 and the Deluxe actually had two price tags, depending on which peg you looked at.. either $17.99 or $19.99. I wonder what basic figure prices will be. I may stop collecting if basic figures jump to $9.

I can't remember the last time I bought a figure at TRU. Months, at least.

I don't know what the deal with the NA WM is. The same figures have hung on the pegs for most of the holiday season. No new merchandise. I'm finding newer figures at other places, except the NA WM.

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 11:16 PM
TRU has a sale this week 2 figures for $9.99, which is pretty good considering WM's $6 rollback sale has ended. I picked up Clone Wars Grievous and Kit Fisto today. I may go back tomorrow morning and see what others I might want. They have lots of cases of Clone Wars figures on the top shelf so they're keeping the pegs stocked. Plus there are many figs I passed on at the higher price that I might consider buying on sale.

The WMs here are fully stocked, but mostly with ROTJ and Clone Wars figures. I was hoping to find the ESB wave while figures were on sale, but no such luck. The Dewbacks and AT-STs don't seem to be moving at all. Might see those on clearance after christmas.

darth maul rat
12-20-2009, 02:28 AM

It's not really going to matter for me after January since it looks like it will be fall before there are any new Legacy figures in '10. Never warmed up to the CW stuff.

BTW, OC I was down in your neck of the woods Saturday. I had to secure the lot of a closed Speedway station on State Street. Didn't have time to check out the local stores, but if they are anything like the ones here I didn't miss anything.

The Rat

OC47150
12-20-2009, 07:59 PM
The Dewbacks and AT-STs don't seem to be moving at all. Might see those on clearance after christmas.

It's just the opposite in my area. They're just about gone, if not gone. The AT-STs are easier to find, but like two or three per store. That's the case at the Clarksville and NA WMs.

I visited several WMs in Louisville today and didn't see either.

Ji'dai
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm hoping to pick up a Dewback and AT-ST on clearance after christmas. There are more AT-STs than Dewbacks, but the beasts aren't rare. Also would like to get more Amanin from that comic pack - those have been pegwarming too. Only the Ewok 3-pack sold out.

OC47150
12-20-2009, 09:45 PM
BTW, OC I was down in your neck of the woods Saturday. I had to secure the lot of a closed Speedway station on State Street. Didn't have time to check out the local stores, but if they are anything like the ones here I didn't miss anything.

It's really been hit-or-miss this holiday season. The NA WM has really been pathetic; the figures haven't been restocked as well as they could, and I've visited the store at all hours of the day, too. The Clarksville stores seem to have done a better job stocking than NA.

Meijer and Kohl's have been good to me. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to pick up a Dewback and AT-ST on clearance after christmas. There are more AT-STs than Dewbacks, but the beasts aren't rare. Also would like to get more Amanin from that comic pack - those have been pegwarming too. Only the Ewok 3-pack sold out.

Since you mentioned it, Ji'dai, I haven't seen the Ewok pack in a while. I went on my yearly Christmas toy run and hit a couple of off-the-beaten path WMs in Louisville and didn't see any of the WM comic packs.

Ji'dai
12-24-2009, 08:47 PM
The ESB wave is hitting but I just can't seem to beat the other collectors to the punch and find them all on the pegs. Today I saw Zuckuss, black Bespin Guard, Willrow Hood, and Snowspeeder Luke.

WM here is also stocking the new 2010 LEGO sets, including Star Wars.

OC47150
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I found one of the '10 Lego sets at a Louisville Target. Bought it for the girlfriend's son's birthday, which is in a few weeks.

I picked up the WM Evolutions pilot set for $12.48 the other day, the Octo droid for $17.48, as well as one of the WM exclusive GI Joe playsets for $7.48. It's the sit-down gunner station, which I'm going to customize.

darth maul rat
01-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Well I took the kids out for a last day of the year shopping run and found the AT-AT Driver and Willrow Hood at the Plainfield Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of the Droid Factory 2-sets still at $17.00 apiece. I checked the scanner to be sure. Other stores are giving them away, and they're still full price here.

I went out later to Brownsburg WM and found the Marvel Universe Goliath/Iron Man 2-pk for $13.48. They may still have a few. And they had about a dozen of the exclusive 3-pks for 12.48. Just the 2 pilots ones though.

And hey, I'm first post of the new year!

-Rat

Mvader91
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Well I took the kids out for a last day of the year shopping run and found the AT-AT Driver and Willrow Hood at the Plainfield Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of the Droid Factory 2-sets still at $17.00 apiece. I checked the scanner to be sure. Other stores are giving them away, and they're still full price here.

I went out later to Brownsburg WM and found the Marvel Universe Goliath/Iron Man 2-pk for $13.48. They may still have a few. And they had about a dozen of the exclusive 3-pks for 12.48. Just the 2 pilots ones though.

And hey, I'm first post of the new year!

-Rat
Found two packs of legacy collection at Target in Nora for 7.46! Slave leia and Luke Jedi bundled together! Pretty sweet deal.:thumbsup:

autumnsdescent
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
After searching 5 Walmarts, I was finally smart enough to pull a department manager and ask them to look up the SKU for the Turbo Tank and then pull the inventory of all surrounding stores for 50 miles. Turns out only one store in 50 mile radius of Indianapolis had any left: West 86th street and Michigan Rd. And they only showed 2 left in stock. I drove over and found both of them. One box had been opened. The other's box was not in the greatest condition, but it was intact, so I bought it... for $49.98. What a great deal!

Found the Octupura Droid on sale at the Noblesville Walmart for $17.50. Passed on it though. The Pendleton Pike Walmart has the evolutions sets for $12.48 each and they even have a couple of the ones with the coveted republic commando. The sets are back in the Christmas clearance isles with the ornaments, of all places.

Found the Wedge X-wing on sales for about $35 at the Target at Washington Square. That's the only place I've seen it on sale though.

Found the Droid Factory Walmart 2 packs at almost all Walmarts so far, but they are still $17.00 each. If these things go down to $2.50 each like the forums say they are in Texas, I'll pick them up...

Visited TRU in Castleton today. They had nothing. Literally nothing. No SW action figures at all. Completely liquidated.

I am really looking forward to the last Legacy wave being released as well as the new Force Unleashed TRU exclusives...

OC47150
01-03-2010, 12:25 PM
The pickings are still slim down here. The new figures are hitting in Louisville but not on my side of the river. I doubt that the Clarksville and NA WMs have gotten in the last couple of waves of figures. :upset:

I saw Wilrow Hood at the flea market for $10. I passed. He's a chunky little guy, isn't he?

Ji'dai
01-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Willrow's beer belly is kinda funny after years of getting all these buff or scrawny figures. Both Willrow and the black Bespin Guard are getting easier to find. I'm seeing more Snowspeeder Lukes and the occasional Zuckuss too so collectors have had their fill of those figs apparently. I've seen R2-X2 and the Snowtrooper once. The rest elude me.

Picked up a Turbo Tank for half price last week. Still on the fence about the Octupara Droid. Passed on the Y-Wing at $40, and now they're gone.

darth maul rat
01-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Has anybody seen the ESB wave anywhere other than Walmart?

autumnsdescent
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Ji'dai - where were the Y-wings on sale for $40?

Ji'dai
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I've only seen the ESB wave at Walmart.

There was a lone Y-Wing in a dented box and several ARC-170s at a WM here. I passed on the Y-Wing at $45 and again at $40, but it was gone when I went back to check on it over the weekend.

autumnsdescent
01-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks. My closest Walmart is Pendleton Pike. They had a lone Y-wing (opened box) on 12/31. The price scanner still listed it as $64.99. I'll keep an eye out for it elsewhere though. $40 is a good price for it. I received gift cards to Target and TRU. Really wish these specials were advertised somewhere so I could get a price match. I don't think my local Targets are too keen to price match off of a receipt...

OC47150
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I saw the ESB wave, and picked up the R2 unit. Is the black Bespin guard hard to find?

Ji'dai
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks. My closest Walmart is Pendleton Pike. They had a lone Y-wing (opened box) on 12/31. The price scanner still listed it as $64.99. I'll keep an eye out for it elsewhere though. $40 is a good price for it. I received gift cards to Target and TRU. Really wish these specials were advertised somewhere so I could get a price match. I don't think my local Targets are too keen to price match off of a receipt... These toys were all in the clearance aisle so they're not exactly advertised sale prices. I know WM stores won't price match receipts from another WM store, although I have gotten them to price match from a WM ad.

I saw the ESB wave, and picked up the R2 unit. Is the black Bespin guard hard to find? I see Willrow and the Bespin Guard frequently. Usually just one of each, but they're more common than the others in the wave.

darth maul rat
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I finished up the ESB wave tonight at AVON Walmart. They had at least two of each figure except for R2-X2. I grabbed the only one they had of it. And a Luke and a Concept Snowtrooper. Had all the others. Grab 'em while you can.

-Rat

OC47150
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I saw the alien-looking Bespin guard at the flea market over the weekend for $10.

I picked up the WM Evolutions Imp pilot set for $12.48 today. I was surprised to see this set show up again. I have all three sets now.

Ji'dai
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I found the ESB wave at WM at lunchtime. Most were on the pegs in the action figure aisle but the Concept Snowtrooper and another AT-AT Driver were lying on an endcap. I picked up R2-X2, Zuckuss, and the Concept Snowtrooper.

Also saw the craptacular Unleashed battle packs and the value packs with 2 figures for $7.46. The value packs were all Legends figures - stuff I don't want/need.

autumnsdescent
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Found the ESB wave at Walmart at East Washington Street and German Church Road. Anyone looking for it - go get 'em.

They also had a single Y-wing - still at $64.95.

OC47150
01-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Picked up ice cream maker guy!

I'm keeping an eye on the clearance aisle. Seeing if and when the prices drop.

OC47150
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to find not one, not two but six (!!) tan Ugnaughts on the pegs at a Louisville WM Saturday night. I bought two.

Ji'dai
01-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Neither Ugnaught is really all that rare here. I'd like to find the alien Bespin Guard though I fear it's fated to be like that clean-shaven Hoth Trooper.

I wasn't going to pick up the AT-AT Driver or Snowtrooper from the ESB wave, but I think I will now, just in case the AT-AT rumors prove true. At least I'll be able to finish HK-50 in the process.

I picked up an AT-ST for $20 today. The Dewback was half price but I passed. Maybe I should've got one.

OC47150
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Meijer has figures on sale this week for $6.49. I picked up the Imp scanning techie and a CW Greivous.

At Target, I noticed the Geo two-packs' prices went back to $12.98.

Ji'dai
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Haven't seen anything of note the last few weeks. Run into remnants of the ESB wave here and there. The AT-AT Driver seems to be more popular than the others.

I saw a couple AT-STs in the clearance aisle at WM but they were still full price. I might pick up another if I can get it for $20 or less.

OC47150
02-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I saw a couple AT-STs in the clearance aisle at WM but they were still full price. I might pick up another if I can get it for $20 or less.

It's just a matter of time, Ji'dai. The AT-STs are currently located in prime lawn and garden space, so I figure they and the rest of the Christmas toys will be clearanced further in the next couple of weeks. At least by the end of the month.

I picked up Matchstick (finally!!), the tank gunner and jumpsuit Padme today at the C'ville WM.

Ji'dai
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I saw the Deluxe STAP and Imperial Speeder Bike sets at TRU this morning. The ESB wave is more common, but still no sign of the new Clone Wars figures. I'm glad I just printed the Nahdar Vebb redemption form off the web and sent away for a couple of them last month.

autumnsdescent
02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
I was at the Target in Nora (Indianapolis) yesterday and found some of the new CW wave. Alaya (sp) Secura's eyes have a really funky paint application, so I decided to hold of on picking her up. Looking forward to the pirate from that wave. He wasn't to be found.

ESB wave seems to be everywhere.

I stopped at the Castleton TRU tonight - nothing of interest.

Waiting for those TRU exclusives in May...

Ji'dai
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I saw Bly & Jek and some other repacks at WM this morning. The WM's here put out long cardboard trays filled with Legends and old Clone Wars figs, thus ensuring that we won't see any actual "new" figures in quite some time.

OC47150
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Found Boba Fett and concept Ki-Adi at Meijer. Other than that, nothing new.

OC47150
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I saw the new tank the other day. It was either at WM or Target; can't remember which.

OC47150
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
The girlfriend found the cold weather Annie for me in Florida!!! She's on the lookout for others in the new CW wave.

OC47150
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Saw the new WM exclusive comic packs today at the NA store. I liked the Imp and the droid set better than the scout trooper set.

Nothing else new to report.

autumnsdescent
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Found the following new comic packs at the Meijer at 96th street and I69 tonight:

* T'ra Saa and Tholme
* Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun
* Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare
* Clone Lieutenant and trooper (orange E3 clones)
* Shadowtrooper with Black Hole Hologram
* Clone trooper and clone commander (Kashyyyk)

There was only one of each pack and priced at close to $15 each. I passed on all of them after seeing them in person. If Sigel Dare's eyes were painted better I would have at least picked that one up. Still, money is tight for me right now, so I wasn't able to pick anything up anyway.

Happy Hunting!

OC47150
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
My WM still has 10 AT-STs at regular price, but moved them to a different spot. So they finally might drop the price.

Still haven't seen the new comic packs. I hear Target is the place to go, but I keep missing them.

OC47150
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
The TRU exclusive wave of figures have been spotted in my area. I went and checked today but they were all gone. The new droid parts look pretty cool.

Still haven't seen the latest CW wave. : (

OC47150
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Anyone else having a difficult time finding the last CW wave?

The AT-STs are finally gone at the NA WM. Don't know what the final price was.

OC47150
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
After months of eluding me, I found the dome and third leg for the blue R2 unit!!!! Really made my day.

darth maul rat
04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I hit the TRU on East Washington in Indy on Friday around noon and they didn't have anything on the pegs that resembled the EU wave.

On Saturday I was in Lafayette and hit the TRU there and found the same thing. Nothing, not even the remnants that some of the California guys talk about. But I did find a really cool Friday the 13th Hockey Mask that NECA has put out.

-DMR

autumnsdescent
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I had a nightmare last night. I was standing in this really long line at 8AM at the Toys R Us in Castelton on Saturday May 1st. The doors finally open at 10AM and a couple hundred of us collectors rush in to hit that SW end cap with the EU wave and TFU battle packs. Then reality hits: The Indianapolis TRU stores got 2 cases of each - that is, two of each figure and only two battle backs. Store manager says that's all the store is allotted for that product as well. Talk about a massive supply and demand fail.

I have visited the TRU's at Castleton and East Washington almost daily since the reports started coming in a couple weeks ago that the EU wave is hitting shelves. I have used my iPhone with the original post from Yakface.com up to show one clueless apathetic store employee after another what I'm looking for. I am so tempted to just pay the 12 bucks/figure and order a case from EU to make sure I get this wave. There's fun in the hunt sometimes, but not when the supply/demand ratio is expected to be this bad.

autumnsdescent
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Just hit the Castleton, East Washington, & Greenwood TRU's today. Nothing.

autumnsdescent
04-30-2010, 12:46 AM
My Force Unleashed sets arrived in the mail today. It was a very fast turn around time - just about 3 days.

We have 3 local TRU stores in the greater Indianapolis area. Since this thread started, I have been paying visits to at least one store per day to check in.

There was evidence that the EU wave has been put out at the East Washington Street store (found the Obi Wan that everyone is talking about with the new droid head and the pictures of the EU wave figs on the back of the card) this past Tuesday.

With iPhone handy, I've approached store managers and asked about the wave, showing pictures from Yakface.com and providing SKU / Barcode numbers. Each store seems to be completely clueless (no surprise there). I had one store mention that they would be getting a shipment on Wednesday night (last night) and that they put the stock out overnight and I should check back on Thursday morning. So I did. This morning at 9:50, I rolled into the parking lot and found 15 cars also waiting. Apparently we're all chomping at the bit for this wave. 10AM the doors opened and all us collectors rushed to the SW aisle to find.... nothing. No EU wave. Nadda.

Okay, they *did* have 5 or 6 of the Force Unleashed sets (the ones that arrived by mail later in the day for me). But no EU wave.

It looks like there will be several of us collectors lined up at the store this Saturday morning (May 1st) to see if we can get our hands on these figs. I have a bad feeling about this... Something tells me each store only gets one or two cases of this wave on the 1st. I really hope I'm wrong.

Mvader91
04-30-2010, 02:49 AM
:thumbsup:Know the regoinal Director for TRU Indiana Kentucky. He stated that all his stores will have the end caps set up on Saturday morning before open. FYI:thumbsup:

OC47150
04-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I read/heard that this wave isn't shipping in full cases, only half.

I'll be there tomorrow morning.

Mvader91
04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
:thumbsup:Autumndescent and fellow collectors! Castleton TRU has FU sets ,but only remnanats of eu wave. The store director said more will be out tomorrow. Hurry In!!:razz:

autumnsdescent
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
I've got two or three friends who are collecting buddies who do not scalp. They'll pick up extra figs but then sell them to us other collectors for what they paid for them.

One such friend has been aggressively going after this EU wave in Indianapolis and has managed to get his hands on about 3 cases worth of it. I bought one case from him outside the East Washington TRU this morning for what he paid for it ($32 with the sale prices)! So I'm now set for this wave.

I did go ahead and talk to store managers at Castleton and East Washington TRUs today though. I have the SKU number for the EU wave and I had them plug it into their computers to determine how many cases they have on hand.

It really freaked out the TRU Castleton manager that I had a better idea of what he had in his store than he did. Turns out that Castleton TRU has 7 Legacy cases in the back room for putting on the endcap display for May 1. Only 2 of those 7 cases are the EU wave though.

East Washington Street shows ZERO of the EU cases. They received ONE and only ONE case of it earlier this week and it was put out on Tuesday. It was sold out an hour later.

TRU East Washington Street has plenty of the Force Unleashed packs in stock at this time (about 4 of each set).

I do know that TRU in Greenwood put out 6 cases of the EU wave yesterday morning (Thursday), and they were gone within 10 minutes of the store opening. I do not know what Greeenwood store has on hand for May 1.

I do not plan on participating in the May 1 bumrush of the stores since I have a set of these figs for myself now. Best of luck to those going out there. Remember the TRU stores open at 9AM on Saturdays. Please post how your hunting goes!

OC47150
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I anxiously stood in the rain this morning outside the Clarksville TRU with hopes of finding the EU wave. What did I get: the dark trooper. Two other collectors were there with me; one got Shaak Ti and another got the space trooper.

The store only received one case. One case!

One of my buddies had better luck at one of the Louisville stores. A clerk let them go through a couple of cases.

darth maul rat
05-02-2010, 02:27 AM
As the great philosopher Jerry Reed once noted, he who expecteth nothing ain't gonna be deceived.

I got in late Friday and as such did not read the lowdown of the Indianapolis situation as detailed by Autumn until around 1 in the morning. I had already made plans for Saturday that would put me in Greenwood. So I went ahead and went there dispite my misgivings.

I got there around 8:55, and there were a few people there ahead of me. One was an older man who was obviously there for Matchboxes. The woman next to me was there for a Barbie for her daughter, and then there was the family in between us. A mom, a dad and a son, somewhere around 13 years old. They opened the doors and the trio headed for the action figure aisle, with me in tow.

When we got there, it was obvious that the EU figures were not there. The dad and the son were looking at the TFU packs, and I was poking through the pegs making sure there were no stragglers. The Mom, however, was livid. "Where is the endcap they were supposed to have?" Where are the new figures? Where is the stock person?'' Finally she found a kid working there and he shrugged his shoulders and said that he had put them out Thursday, and that he had not been informed of the endcap until that morning.

The mom was getting madder by the second. "I called here Friday afternoon and talked to the manager on duty, and she assured me that the figures would be on the pegs this morning. Where is the manager?" They tried to figure out who she had talked to and finally she stormed off with the TRU people, the rest of her family following close behind.

Meanwhile, I checked out the TFU packs and decided to grab them. I got to the front of the store, and the mom was still there. A manager came up to her with a piece of paper in hand, and informed her that according to it, all the cases they had were on the floor. She then apologized for the inconvenience, and the mom stormed out.

Me, I had kind of made my peace with this whole thing around Wednesday. I had started to realize that the chanced of getting these, given that from all the reports we were hearing about there seemingly being no true street date on these, were slim, to say the least. But it does seem to show that once again, Hasbro really has no idea how the market for their products works.

It's like that line from Jaws, if I may paraphrase: "You say barracuda, people say "Huh". You say Exclusive Star Wars figure, and you have a riot at your local Toys R Us."

So, barring any more rendering of the main line as an exclusive, I guess I am done until August or whenever the next Vintage line comes out.

-dmr

OC47150
05-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I didn't find the EU wave at TRU, but some of the CW wave finally showed up. I picked up Snowbi-Wan, snow Rex and Commander Stone.

Since the $4.99 sale is going on through July, I'll be visiting TRU more frequently. :yes:

OC47150
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I went to the Clarksville TRU this morning. One of the collectors I ran into last Saturday was there, too. We went to the toy aisle, and nada. I made a comment that why was some stores getting multiple cases and this store not.

I was following the guy out when I noticed someone buying figures at the customer service counter. It was the entire wave of EU figures. The guy called the store the previous day and they held them for him! Just one case again.

I glanced at the figures real quick. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed. Jason's head sculpt looked like one of the Narnia figures from about two years ago, and any of us customizers could've done a better job on the alien Bespin guard's head.

K'kruk, on the other hand, looked great.

The clerk I spoke with said you could call and ask for something like this to be held for one business day.

I stopped by the NA WM and found CW Commander Bly. The CW figures are finally hitting in large numbers. And best yet: $4.50 a figure at WM right now!!!

autumnsdescent
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Yesterday (Friday 05/07/10), I stopped in the Castleton TRU and found remnants of the EU wave (ROTJ Luke, R2, Chewie).

Then I went down to the East Washington Street TRU and found the entire EU wave except the Dark Trooper and the Space Trooper. They seemed to have more of the alien bespin guard than anything else. Looked like 4 or 5 cases had been put out. There were 2 sets of the Jacen & Jaina left on the pegs, along with K'Kruk, Shaak Ti and so on.

Today (Saturday), I went back to TRU Castleton and found a lone K'Kruk and about 8 or 9 Chewie's and R2's, which indicates they must have also put out a couple additional cases of the wave in the last 24 hours.

So my advice to those still seeking is to keep at it. Check the TRU's every day if you have to.

Happy Hunting!

Mvader91
05-09-2010, 12:57 AM
:thumbsup:Hit ToysRUs Castleton ealier today and clerk was putting out three cases of EU wave!! Keep checking they have more in the back he said.

darth maul rat
05-09-2010, 01:44 AM
The only problem with checking every day as Autumn suggests is that I am on the west side, which means the closest TRU is about 20 miles away. After two or three runs with no luck, the internet looks a lot better. You know, it is a bit of a good problem to have though. Three TRU's to choose from. The Bloomington guys have to trek all the way to Greenwood.

I may go out tomorrow. This just feels soooooo pointless.

autumnsdescent
05-09-2010, 10:39 AM
The only problem with checking every day as Autumn suggests is that I am on the west side, which means the closest TRU is about 20 miles away. After two or three runs with no luck, the internet looks a lot better. You know, it is a bit of a good problem to have though. Three TRU's to choose from. The Bloomington guys have to trek all the way to Greenwood.

I may go out tomorrow. This just feels soooooo pointless.

The way I got my hands on this wave was having a fellow collector who had more time to scout than me pick it up for me and I paid him (and he only charged me what he purchased the figures for). Perhaps another collector on this forum might do the same for you? I am a little strapped for cash at the moment otherwise I would volunteer to do it myself...

darth maul rat
05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
The way I got my hands on this wave was having a fellow collector who had more time to scout than me pick it up for me and I paid him (and he only charged me what he purchased the figures for). Perhaps another collector on this forum might do the same for you? I am a little strapped for cash at the moment otherwise I would volunteer to do it myself...

Yeah, I have considered doing that, but a lot of people these days are strapped for cash, so I wasn't sure about putting extra hardship on others.

I was going to reply on Sunday but it wouldn't let me log in.

I hit all three TRU's on Sunday and found K'kruk, the Wing Guard and Captain Rex. 75 miles of driving and a couple of hours. Oh well.

I was actually wondering about something. It was combining what Autumndescent wanted to do and what happened to OC. Since TRU already lets people call up and put things on hold, would they let one collector put things on hold so that another collector could come pick them up? Just curious.

El Rato.

OC47150
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I was actually wondering about something. It was combining what Autumndescent wanted to do and what happened to OC. Since TRU already lets people call up and put things on hold, would they let one collector put things on hold so that another collector could come pick them up? Just curious.

El Rato.

I don't see why not. Just give them the name it's being held under. It's worth a try.

OC47150
05-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Found the alien Bespin wing guard hanging on the pegs this afternoon. He was the only one.

OC47150
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Two of my Qui-Gon and eopies arrived today.

OC47150
06-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Found the CW Aayla Secura figure, but the rest of the CW wave eludes me.

The Target Red 5 X-wing has reappeared at Target.

Have had no luck tracking down the TRU wave lately. Called a couple of times but no luck.

Mvader91
06-08-2010, 02:32 AM
:upset:Just as we thought. Went to tru Castleton today and surprise,surprise! They jacked the price of star wars figs back to 7.49? The funny thing is I kept two of the sale price tags and they clearly state that the price of 4.99 is good till 7/4/2010. I asked the manager what the deal was and of course she says"corporate". Again another case of false advertising by tru!!:rolleyes:

OC47150
06-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Corporate, huh? Let's see if that changes. I've bought more SW stuff at TRU in the last two months because of sales.

There is good news: Target's price cut on SW figures has been extended to July 5.

Mvader91
06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
:razz: Yeah i saw that too! However Wlamart manager said the $4.50 price is valid thru the July 15th week set.

autumnsdescent
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I just posted pictures over in this thread:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728338#post728338

Looks like the pegs are getting bare...

darth maul rat
06-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I hit the Meijer in Avon tonight and they had the Clone Wars Y-Wing fighter marked down for 32 bucks and change. They still had two on the shelf, so anyone who has been waiting, now might be your chance.

OC47150
06-18-2010, 04:46 PM
The pegs, at some stores, are getting thin. Like anorexic thin. Looks like some stores aren't even putting the effort to stock, if they even have something to stock.

The last of the CW wave still eludes me. :upset:

OC47150
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Nothing new on the pegs, but I've noticed older CW figures, like Ahsoka and R2, making a return.

Mvader91
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Toys r Us castleton just put out new legends and Clone Wars.:tired: Bogo is still in effect.

autumnsdescent
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Toys r Us castleton just put out new legends and Clone Wars.:tired: Bogo is still in effect.

Saw your post at 12:54 EST today. I was at the store within 45 minutes. They only had just about a half-dozen legends remnants left (in the new packaging) on the pegs.

A buddy of mine managed to score the entire Vintage wave and what he wanted from the new CW and Legends waves from TRU castleton this morning at opening. And of course it's buy one get one half off right now, so he made out fairly well.

When I was leaving the store this afternoon, apparently the district manager was there. He asked as I was leaving if I found everything alright. I asked if he knew that his store apparently broke street date with new Hasbro products. He tried to justify it but, yeah, he basically knew he was breaking street date and it was his call. I know this store's hasbro rep. I have half a mind to give her a call...

I was really hoping for another midnight madness event this year...

autumnsdescent
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
It's official: TRU has broken street date.

I was at the TRU at Washington street when they opened this morning. They had 1 case of the new vintage wave out on the floor as well as the new CW wave 2 and all the new saga legends repacks.

They also had one snowspeeder and one cloud car.

A buddy of mine picked up the entire vintage wave and the vehicles. A store employee went to the back and brought out one more case of the vintage figs to put out. As he brought the box out, sure enough, there was a big orange sticker on it that said "do not put out before August 6, 2010." And he cut the box open and put them out right in front of me. So I picked up the new Han, Leia, Luke, & Dengar at the buy-one-get-one 50% off prices.

So be aware that these are hitting stores now. If you don't find them straight away, don't panic. I believe come mid-August these will be EVERYWHERE at all our regular retail outlets...

OC47150
07-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't know if this will help.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6488/#details

darth maul rat
07-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I talked to the woman working in the Avon WM tonight and asked her if they would be adhering to the street date. She said the way things worked with their backstock was, if it came off the truck it went on the floor, no matter what the street date was. I told her about the TRU deal and she was surprised, and all she could really tell me was keep checking back.

That is what really surprised me about the whole TRU deal. We are still 33 days away from the street date. Even at the Midnight Madnesses, I talked to TRU people and they were not expecting to get product until right before the street date. This was no mistake. With limited storage space in these stores anyway, no distributor would send product to a store with the intent for it to take up space for over a month. For whatever reason, TRU got the figures with the intent that they would be sold early, and Hasbro was part of it.

At least my gut says so...

-dmr

OC47150
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
So much for the August embargo date: I saw a few of the new packaged figures at the Clarksville TRU today. No new figures, just the rehashed Legends stuff.

Also, there were only four or six figures on the pegs at the Clarksville WM. Pretty sad.

OC47150
07-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Picked up the grub on clearance at the NA Target for $16.73.

Also picked up my Lando Hallmark ornament over the weekend. :yes:

autumnsdescent
07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
TRU in Greenwood had 5 or 6 cases of the Vintage wave + both new CW waves as of about noon today. TRU on Washington street had nothing at all. TRU Castleton supposedly gets their truck tonight with product on the shelves tomorrow.

CW and Saga figs are 2 for $9.99 right now but Vintage figs are still $9.99 each. I'm waiting until August 2nd when all other stores are carrying the Vintage product for a couple bucks cheaper...

OC47150
07-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I keep missing the new figs at TRU. I can wait a few more weeks.

I did see the Naboo skiff battle pack. The ship was nice looking. Anakin was cool, too, but the paint job on the head wasn't the greatest.

Mvader91
07-23-2010, 12:29 AM
:thumbsup:TRU castleton put 5 cases of vintage clone wars and legends yesterday still had several hanging today. However, within the next 90 days if they reduce prices at tru you will get the difference back if you take in your receipt! They say AT-AT will be put out sunday? Good luck

bkusna
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
i hope all TRUs honor the cash back receipt deal...that's why I've gotten them from TRUs right now...

OC47150
07-24-2010, 08:45 PM
The Clarksville TRU had most of the new vintage figures on the pegs today, minus Dak and the cloud car pilot. I thought the C3PO was awful when compared to the previous vintage 3PO. Luke was okay.

And for $10, you'd think they'd come in a case!

The cloud car and Luke's snowspeeder were on the shelves, too.

OC47150
08-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Found Jodo Kast today at the NA Kmart. Fresh outta the packing case. Really made my day.

OC47150
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Saw the AT-AT at the Clarksville Target and WM over the weekend. It was nice. I'm curious to see how cheap it might get on sale.

Got my loot from the guys who went to C5. The exclusive comic 2-pack is very nice. Bought an art print, too, one from Jeff Carlisle. It's nice, too.

Mvader91
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM
:razz:Castleton TRU had the Vintage ATAT today and wave 2 with foil cards! Better hurry.

autumnsdescent
08-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Suck. I was at the Castleton TRU Friday night and they had nothing. Nada!

I did take these pictures at the Washington street TRU this afternoon:

darth maul rat
09-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Found the remnants of Wave 2 last night at Avon Wal-mart. They had Sidious, Kenobi and Clonetrooper. The Clone may be one of the worst figures I have seen in a while, and can anybody tell me if that is the same Obi-Wan they have repacked about four times now? (The Pilot one). By comparison, Sidious didn't look that bad. Instead I grabbed a Winter Soldier, an Iron Patriot and an Iron Spider-Man. I was in a Marvel mood.

-dmr

bkusna
09-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Found the remnants of Wave 2 last night at Avon Wal-mart. They had Sidious, Kenobi and Clonetrooper. The Clone may be one of the worst figures I have seen in a while, and can anybody tell me if that is the same Obi-Wan they have repacked about four times now? (The Pilot one). By comparison, Sidious didn't look that bad. Instead I grabbed a Winter Soldier, an Iron Patriot and an Iron Spider-Man. I was in a Marvel mood.

-dmr

Obi-wan is the exact same....a soft goods jedi robe is included now

darth maul rat
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
So it's pretty much the same as when they repacked it with a soft cloak in the Saga line (#28)?

-dmr

darth maul rat
09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I haven't seen anyone break it down yet, but which figures in Wave 2 are new, which are repaints and which are retools?

Usually Rebelscum does it, but they haven't yet.

-dmr

OC47150
09-06-2010, 08:22 PM

-dmr

You're right about the Obi, DMR. It's at least the fourth time. The body is one of my favorites for customizing generic Jedi.

I saw Sidious today, as well as the sandtrooper. Sidious looked good. The sandtrooper was equipped with the same rifle the WM sandie/dewback came with.

darth maul rat
09-06-2010, 11:36 PM
You're right about the Obi, DMR. It's at least the fourth time. The body is one of my favorites for customizing generic Jedi.

I saw Sidious today, as well as the sandtrooper. Sidious looked good. The sandtrooper was equipped with the same rifle the WM sandie/dewback came with.

When I saw Obi Saturday night at first I was going to grab it. And then I looked at the Clonetrooper as well, and my first thought was "Ugh. What is with that helmet?" So I put it back, and then I looked at Obi and thought that I had it at least twice over if not more. Not even the Vintage card could sell me.

I found a post on another thread that answered a lot of my questions. As you pointed out, the Sandtrooper is from the Dewback set, so I may get it. I haven't opened my Dewback yet, but as some have pointed out having more than one can come in handy.

Grievous has a new cape, right?

Magnaguard looks pretty sweet, so I will get it.

Anakin has new head and arms, right?

The only one I really haven't heard much about it Cody. It seems like he is a retool, but I may be wrong.

As it goes, I probably won't make it out hunting again until next weekend.

This is one wave I will probably get most of, but I am in no big hurry to do so. I am still recovering from everything that hit at the end of July.

-dmr

OC47150
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Anakin supposedly has a rougher, more mature looking face sculpt. I haven't seen him in person yet, but that's what I read.

autumnsdescent
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
As of tonight (09/07/10):

Walmart at Pendleton Pike has the entire Wave 2 minus the Magna Guard.

Toys R Us in Greenwood has the entire Wave 2 minus Magna Guard and Sideous.

Mvader91
09-08-2010, 02:02 AM
:squareeyeWalmart Fishers had wv1&2 vintage along with foils. They marked legends and Clone Wars to $6.96. They had two sections. Toys R Us Castleton had new center mod along with aisle items. They had a ton of it. With that 9.99 price point on vintage it's no wonder?

darth maul rat
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Brownsburg Walmart had the entire Wave 2, until I left with the MagnaGuard. They also had the Jabba Throne. One was in good shape while the other box had a good bend in it.

And I got my Mail in Fett Saturday.

-dmr

darth maul rat
09-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Things were mostly dead around here this week. Target Plainfield had the Iron Man Whiplash 2-packs, and that was about it for anything new. They also got in the Winter Soldier wave of Marvel figures, and as usual I found the unmasked Iron Patriot but not the masked one. Is this really the variant?

They opened a Toys R Us Express at Metropolis Mall in Plainfield, so I took the kids to check it out. It was more pathetic than I could have imagined. They had about a half a dozen of Vintage Wave 1, and a smattering of CW and SL figures. No Marvel Universe. Which was a bummer, since I had hoped to see the new Galactus exclusive. I didn't have time to trek across town to the nearest TRU. No new Slave 1's either. I probably wouldn't have bought it but I did want to see it. They compare these stores to KB, but they have a long way to go to best KB"s ability to cram a store full like they did.

-dmr

OC47150
09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Saw the second wave of vintage figures in abundance at the NA and C'ville WMs today. Really like the new head sculpt on Anakin.

Still haven't seen the Jabba's throne in the stores, but I did have the chance to see it loose over the weekend. It's nice, but I might have to wait to get it.

autumnsdescent
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Up here in Indianapolis, Wave 2 is in abundance. The Castleton TRU has a massive CW display in honor of season 3 starting. So the figures are in 2 places in the store. Up front this afternoon they had 3 cases of Wave 2 out + the Nikto CW exclusive guard (about 50 of them!).

I picked up what I wanted from Wave 2 about a month ago in Chicago.

I found the Jabba at the Lafayette Road Walmart about 2 weeks ago. They just had 2 of them and knowing how hard this thing is to find, I bought one for my father-in-law (he's been dying to get a decent Jabba).

I'm still very happy with my vintage 1983 Jabba and don't think Hasbro has come as close to recreating the likeness since. I would like to get that dias though...

Bring on wave 3!

OC47150
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Saw a lot of cool stuff over the weekend at the local Targets and WMs. The Target-exclusive retro-packaged snowspeeder and TIE were cool. Saw the swamp speeder, which might be a Christmas present.

Found the flame-thrower clone at the Clarksville WM this weekend. I think that's all of the newer CW figures.

autumnsdescent
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
I hit 9 stores today across Indianapolis. Here's what I found...

Jabba set is at Walmart at US31 and 146th Street in Westfield.

Tie Bomber found at Walmart at Keystone Avenue & 75th Street.

Found remnants of Vintage wave 3 at Target in Nora. They had 2 Jedi Luke's and one EIII Anakin (listed as Darth Vader) with the wave 5 figures on the back of the card.

Found same EIII Anakin listed as Vader at Target at Glendale.

So vintage wave 3 has been in Indy. Should start hitting more and more soon.

Found the CW Mandalorian Battle Pack, the CW Arc Trooper Battle Pack, and the CW "winter" Battle Pack (feat. Thi-sen) at Toys R Us on Washington Street.

I have not found any of the new CW figures at all. Looking for the wave with Boba / Embo. Anyone find this in Indy yet?

darth maul rat
11-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I hit the Target and WM in Plainfield tonight (11/16) and Target had the Renamed Anakin/Vader and that was the only sign of Wave 3. WM had restocked since I went there Saturday with my family, and this time they had four pegs stuffed full of Waves 1 and 2. No sign of any Wave 3.

As for Clone Wars, I don't follow them too much so I am not the best person to ask, but I did notice they had the Ki-Adi Mundi figure in the I had not seen before. I will probably pick up the astromech from the Boba wave though.

Monday night I hit the West Washington K-Mart and they had the remnants of the new wave there, but I didn't feel like paying their prices for them, even though it's probably only a buck apiece more. By the end of the month, all the stores will probably be lousy with them, so I figure I will get them eventually.

-El Rato-

autumnsdescent
11-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Persistence paid off. Found the entire vintage wave 3 (minus Wicket) this evening at Target at Washington Square.

I am reading reports that in Colorado they have found the Boba / Embo CW wave at Walmarts... Should hit here soon.