PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Just Found

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

echo1six
05-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Found the Tie Bomber at Walmart in Connersville Indiana Saturday also the snow speeder but i didn't get it i have the older version of it. Also Check your family dollar stores they have POTJ r2-q6, little snaggle tooth, imperial officer, they are only $5 plus tax to.

echo1six
05-28-2002, 09:09 PM
I found obi-wan jedi training armor at wal-mart in Greenville Ohio they had three or four more left. Also found Bo-Shek in Piqua OH's K-mart. they had one left yesterday monday.

echo1six
06-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Wal-Marts in Richmond had 3 tie bombers and 1 snow speeder this morning for anyone still trying to find this. I already found one a couple weeks ago in connersville. Still haven't been able to find any of the new aotc waves around richmond this bugs me.

echo1six
06-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i passed on the snow speeder i have the electronic one that came out when red cards were new, not to mention the new one is not electronic, does not have the launching harpoon with string attached, and the landing gear do not pop down with a lever like the first one it is basicly striped down, As for the Tie Bomber it rules a new ship not made before except the tie pilot appears to be the same old schulpt.

echo1six
06-09-2002, 05:56 PM
I found these four at walmart in richmond today and they had several of each left. no palpatine though. if you needed the tie bomber you missed out because they are all gone now.

OC47150
06-10-2002, 04:51 PM
I found the same figures at the Clarksville Wal Mart on Saturday, Echo1Six. No Palpatine in sight. I passed on Qui Gon for now; figured he'd be a peg warmer.

kingkirk04
06-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Wal-mart in Kokomo, IN has had a ton lately.

Qui-gon, Endor Solder, Orn Free Taa, Bespin Luke and Vader, Mace, Final Battle Jango.

echo1six
06-17-2002, 11:04 PM
found the vader,luke, jango wave saturday at walmart, i already picked these up though previously at toysrus dayton. Hey OC47150, and kingkirk04 have you found the djas pur or palpatine anywhere around i've not seen these anywhere. Also do you wanna do some trading send me your list i have a bunch of extra stuff im trying to clear out. Also i've made a connection with jonboy from these forums he is from new castle, IN he came over and bought some figures off me he would probably like to see your list to.

jonboy
06-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Hey guys,

Maybe we should all meet up sometime and do some buy/sell/trading.

kingkirk04
06-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Nope, I have not seen the Djas Purh wave at all. The newest stuff Ive seen is Endor Trooper, Qui-Gon(the next pegwarmer.. ugh), and the 2 Bespin figures.

Im looking for a Vader Removable Helmet, loose or MOC, doesnt matter.. and a Flashback Emperor. I also need Saga Yoda and anakin HD.

New Castle.. I know Ive heard of that? How far from Indy is it?

echo1six
06-18-2002, 01:31 AM
Hey i have a extra vader r/h carded and also one loose if you can come up with somthing i need:

here what i needWants:

Episode I: EP1 EP1 EP1 EP1 EP1 EP1 EP1:::::::::::::::

Naboo Royal Guard: the rare one not security

VEHICLES AND SHIPS::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Tie Interceptor
B-wing
Y-wing
luke with skiff:

Freeze Frame: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF:::

AT-ST Driver
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Rebel Fleet Trooper
weequay tri-ling
sandtrooper tri-ling

Green Card With Commtech:

R2-D2 with hologram
Wuher (bartender)

Power of the Jedi: POTJ POTJ POTJ:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Anakin Mechanic
Boss Nass
Chewbacca w/dejarik holo board
Han Solo Bespin Capture
Han Solo Death Star Escape
Qui Gon Jin (mos espa disguise)

Action Fleet Ships (Loose missing figures ok) My collection is open::

Jawa Sand Crawler
X-wing
Virago (prince xizor)
Bespin Cloud car
rebel blockade runner
Imperial landing craft
t-16 skyhopper
jabba's sail barge
e-wing star fighter
Rancor
anakins pod
faamba
flash speeder
gungan sub

Episode II AOTC::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pilot Obiwan
Han Solo Endor Raid
Chewbacca With C3PO
Supreme Chancelor Palpatine
Djas Puhr
Basic Lightsabres all four
regular lightsabres obi,count dooku,anakin (loose)

kingkirk04
06-18-2002, 08:25 AM
Hey, I can surely get you a Boss Nass POTJ, echo

Email me at jumpman11284@yahoo.com
We can work something out.

OC47150
06-18-2002, 08:45 AM
No Palpy or Djar in southern Indiana yet, Echo1Six. All of the other figures in those waves have been spotted (and purchased!!) from Wal Mart.

A new Super Wal Mart is opening tomorrow in my town. I might visit to look for those particular figures.

Right now, Wal Mart is doing a great job in releasing/carrying the new figures.

jonboy
06-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Hey kingkirk04,

New Castle is about 45 min. east of Indy right off of I-70. I checked my local Wal-Mart today and found Endor Raid Han Solo, actually about 7 or 8 of them. No Palp. or Puhr though. These to are getting on my nerves. They are too hard to find!!! If you guys want a Han Endor, They are at the New Castle Wal-Mart. If you don't want to come here, I would mail one to you at cost+ shipping. You can e-mail me at boneboy@peoplepc.com . If anyone has any thing to sell, e-mail your list as I am always buying.

jonboy
06-18-2002, 07:04 PM
One more thing, my Wally World also has a ton of Deluxe Anakins and Nexus if anyone needs them.

OC47150
06-21-2002, 08:46 AM
I checked out the new Super Wal Mart in my town Wednesday night. Let me tell you, the SW section had been thoroughly picked through by the time I got there but I was still able to find the deluxe Anakin with slice and dice Geosonian and three Geosonian warriors. I passed on the Nexu figure for now; it was nice but I can wait on it.

No Endor Han or Chewie, Palpy or Djas but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Plenty of new Qui Gons, Endor commandos and a few Orns.

OC47150
06-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Echo1Six, I found the Endor Han, Bespin Chewie and JSP Obi-Wan at a Wal-Mart in Louisville on Thursday. They had plenty of all three, but I only bought one of each.

I've only opened Obi Wan, and he's now flying the Jedi starfighter in my basement. A nice sculpt but the arms are a little funny when he's not swinging.

I haven't opened Han or Chewie, but I might free Chewie from his plastic cage. He'll look great on my carbon freezing chamber playset.

Still no Palpy or Djas sighted in my area. But the section at WM had been thoroughly picked over at 7:30 a.m.!!!

echo1six
06-28-2002, 03:34 PM
I also have found the obi and chewys,solo around Richmond but have yet to find the djas, or palpatine, this is starting to anoy me. I've been looking for them frequently to no avail.

OC47150
06-28-2002, 03:40 PM
It is annoying but the hunt is part of the fun. I'll keep looking. I have to go near that same WM again next week (I'm taking a computer class nearby) so I'll stop in again.

Funny thing, I was debating whether or not to stop and check Thursday morning. I'm glad I did!

echo1six
07-16-2002, 12:37 AM
Well walmart finally came through with the palpy and puhr finally,
any way if you read this run to this link jonboy is trying get a indiana collectors club started.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12087

OC47150
07-16-2002, 10:42 AM
I'll have to check my WMs then, Echo1Six.

Nothing new to report in southern Indiana. I'm waiting for Kmart's big sale this weekend!!!!

jonboy
07-17-2002, 09:10 PM
I spent a long time trying to find Puhr and Palpy. Now, They are clogging the pegs here in central IN. I found Teemto and Ki-Adi at the Greenfield Super Wal-mart Sat. I also found 1 Ki-Adi at the Fishers Meijer today(Wed.). So far, no sign of TA Anakin or new Maul yet. Echo1six and I are going to wipe out all of the K-marts this weekend during their big sale!!! Troop builders gallore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingkirk04
07-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Ki-Adi and Teemto has hit Wal-mart here. I dont bother checking anywhere else, really. Target, K-B, Meijer and K-mart are all worthless, as far as I'm concerned. If i find Maul or Tatooine Ani, I will pick up a couple extra sets. Ill post ASAP when and if i find them.

jonboy
07-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Thanks,man. I will do the same. I check all of the stores, but Wal-Mart is where I usually find the new stuff. K-Mart sucks bad. I have not seen anything beyond the GR mace wave there. A lot of people bad mouth Wal-Mart, but they seem to get the new stuff the fastest.

OC47150
07-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Faster than TRU and some of the other retailers.

I try to hit the Super WM in my town at least once a week.

jonboy
07-28-2002, 01:11 AM
I found the new Unleashed figures(Anakin, Darth Vader, and Padme) today at the Meijer on E. Washington St. in Indianapolis. The one in Anderson also had Anakin and Padme. If you are looking for these, they are around now. Still have not found the new TA Anakin or ST Maul yet. Has any other Hoosiers seen them around yet?

jonboy
08-03-2002, 02:11 PM
I found the new Action Fleet ships today at the Meijer in Anderson. For some reason Meijer has been getting the newly released stuff a lot faster than most places. Has anyone seen the new Anakin or Maul?

jonboy
08-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Also found one of the Target Exclusive Action Fleet Packs today, in case anyone cares. Hello(do you hear an echo?!?!?!).

echo1six
08-06-2002, 07:54 PM
Found the accesory sets today at targets in richmond, but if you wanted them your out of luck they only got in one case, i did manage to get 1 death star trooper, 1 scout trooper, 2 hoth's and 2 battle droids picked the extra's up for johnboy (this was all that were on the pegs). Now i have to keep checking for them to restock because johnboy and I wanted several of the troopers to open for army building. They also had the action fleet stuff, these are just rehashes of the first ones only difference is the paint job, and also the millinium falcon does not have the firing dart like the first action fleets and no small figures come with the ships either.
Can any one say "Targets Blows" Also dont trust target employees i went at 8:30 this morning when they were resetting the star wars isle and some dipstick employee told me they already brought out all the new stuff, then i went back at my lunch break and they were setting out new stuff. He apparently doesn't have a clue or was trying to misslead me.

Skiff cost me $50
Y-wing cost me $82
B-wing cost me $57

ajaugie1
08-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Anyone representing Northern Indiana (South Bend - Elkhart)? I make it there every few weeks. Just curious.

OC47150
08-07-2002, 08:23 AM
The New Albany Target had one accessory set (Death Star), the X-wing and Vader TIE MM, and one or two of the action packs on Saturday. I bought the accessory set.

jedi4life
08-07-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm in Elkhart. It seems like we are slow in getting things around here. Two new Targets have opened recently so maybe things will change.

jonboy
08-07-2002, 05:36 PM
The Target in Anderson had all of the accessory sets yesterday. I got what they had.

hango fett
08-07-2002, 10:12 PM
ehy everyone! come join us at the ohio/indiana collectors club thread! jonboy has more details.
h.

jonboy
08-08-2002, 08:17 PM
The Target in Anderson has the Unleashed Jango and Maul on clearance for $7.90 if anyone is interested.

OC47150
08-09-2002, 08:11 AM
The Clarksville Target had all four of the accessory sets last night. I bought the biker scout set. It's very nice. I'm going back at lunch today to (hopefully) buy either the DS trooper or red battle droid sets.

I wasn't that impressed with the Hoth trooper set. The figure was OK. I'd be more interested in the scanner box than anything.

jonboy
08-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with it either. I think the Endor set is the all around best one so far.

OC47150
08-09-2002, 09:18 AM
I want a few more of the Death Star sets just for the trooper. I bought my first DS trooper at C2 for $12 - $14 (can't remember which) and a couple more from an online toy store for $14 (I sold an extra Jorg Sacul figure) and was finally able to open one. So it's the same '97 mold and no articulation. He's still cool!

bbright
09-04-2002, 09:16 AM
Is anyone still using this forum in or around Indy?

Castleton Target has a 12" Super Battle Droid and a couple of 12" Count Dookus. West 38th St. Meijer had some as well. Keystone Walmart had a TON of Cantina packs yesterday. West 38th St. TRU has one X-wing left.
I have a 12" Zam Wessel to trade...if anyone is interested email me.

Happy hunting...

bbright76@yahoo.com

OC47150
09-04-2002, 09:50 AM
In your opinion, bbright, is the 12" Super Battle Droid worth the price, or should we wait until it's on clearance?

I also saw the TRU exclusive X-wing and landspeeder over the weekend. The X-wing was OK; I can wait on picking one up. The landspeeder was cool.

bbright
09-04-2002, 12:18 PM
I don't normally collect the 12" line, but I thought the Super Battle Droid looked too cool to pass up! Downsides: there are no accessories, and if you're going to open it keep in mind there is limited artculation. But for me, it's one of my favorite droids and definitely worth picking up. The Zam and Dooku are quite impressive as well and are worth a serious look...

Hope this helps!

OC47150
09-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Thanks! I, too, am choosy as to which 12" I buy. I have all of the Leias, except for the Bouush, and the Obi-Wan/Bens. I need to get Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Darth Vellner
09-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jedi4life
I'm in Elkhart. It seems like we are slow in getting things around here. Two new Targets have opened recently so maybe things will change.

HEY!!! I live in SOUTH BEND! Right next door! I know Dave Miller (Mayor of Elkhart)
he came to my wedding! jedi4life we can help each other out in finding stuff!

bbright
09-10-2002, 12:49 PM
Anyone out there finding the new Republic Assault ship?

How about Target accessory sets?

jedi4life
09-10-2002, 01:45 PM
That sounds good. I noticed the toy r us on Grape next to Burger King has the new 12" Luke and TaunTaun. It is worth a stop in there to check it out. Let me know if you find any of the figures over 40 locally. Thanks and happy hunting.

Darth Vellner
09-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Jedi4Life,

I just went to Meijers at Clevland rd. and Portage rd.
and found:

Saga.
Ki-Adi-Munda (#44)
Teemto Pagalies (#45)
and HD Anakin,Palpy,Han(silver thingie)

Unleashed
Mace
Dooku
and Maul,Jango/boba

12"
Zam Wesell
Super Battle Droid

12" Electronic
Jango Fett
Obi-Wan
let me know if you want any thing....

ALSO, Check out the (Indiana Collector's Club) down in the "Collector's Clubs" Forum...

echo1six
09-10-2002, 04:37 PM
I haven't seen it yet i think the release date is sept 15 so it should be hitting the store soon, i picked up the target accessory set about 3 weeks ago, the pegs for them are sitting empty, this is normal for targets get the stuff when it first hits the shelf or forget about it. Cantina sets are out but im passing on them. Has anyone found the new maul, or others past ki adi or teemto old stuff is clogging the shelves and nothing new is being set out.

OC47150
09-10-2002, 04:43 PM
I am hoping Target had enough sense to know how popular the accessory sets would be and have them make a return to the shelves sometime in the near future.

Darth Vellner
09-12-2002, 11:27 PM
just found

TA Anakin
ST Maul

finally!

[edit] *at meijer in south bend*

bbright
09-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Gunships have hit Meijers!

My 96th St. Indy Meijer had 4 gunships, of which I bought one. They were $39.99 and very cool. Happy hunting...

OC47150
09-18-2002, 03:48 PM
The new 12" AOTC figures have been spotted at two different Wal Marts -- New Albany and Clarksville.

No gunships as of Tuesday night.

Darth Vellner
09-19-2002, 10:35 PM
C3-P0/Battle Droid X3
*no yodas*
Gunship x2
and more
Ki-Adi-Munda (#44)
Teemto Pagalies (#45)
at Meijer

Darth Vellner
10-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Just found Arena Battle Playset & Republic gunship at Wal-Mart
in South Bend!

OC47150
10-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Found all of the new figures, except Ephant Man, tusken raider with massif and clone trooper pilot at the Shelbyville Rd., Louisville, TRU on Friday.
(I had the day off from work!)

The checkout guy said his store sent back 50 cases to the warehouse. So the new stuff is starting to hit.

echo1six
10-17-2002, 01:33 AM
Hey i've found the new anakin tatooine attack yesterday at meijers im still trying to find all the other new figs like maul, etc. seems like meyers is the place since they dont over stock like wal mart.

OC47150
10-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Check out your local TRUs, guys. The Clarksville store got new shipments of figures in Wednesday, including the clone trooper pilots!!! The only one I'm missing now is Ephant Man.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Vellner
11-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Just got Ephant Mon..!!!!!
and
WATTO
LOTT DOD
TUSKEN RAIDER with MASSIFF
(Clean Shaven) ENDOR SOLDIER
ALL at K-Mart.!!??!!!WOW!!

OC47150
11-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Visited one of the local Kmarts for the first time last night and damn! They had all of the latest figures, minus Ephant Mon, on the pegs. The downside was, $5.49.

I filled out holes in my collection on Saturday by price-matching Target's extra special value $2.99 price at Wal-Mart and TRU.

Ji'dai
12-13-2002, 06:01 PM
The Cargo Hold - Hunter Report for Friday, 12.13.2002

I went hunting for bounties in west-central Indiana [Terre Haute, Clinton, Brazil, Greencastle, Avon, Plainfied] and east-central Illinois [Marshall, Paris] on Thursday and Friday.

Thursday:

The new 12" assortment seems to be plentiful, every Wal-Mart and the TRU I ventured into had them.

Finally found a second clean-shaven Endor Soldier at Wal-Mart.

The two Targets I hit both had lots of Accessory Sets.

The Trash Compactor sets are easy to find in small town Wal-Marts. Each one I went to had two of each set, and I bought one set for now. I love classic Trilogy product, so I'll probably pick up another set on my next trip out. I did see something I hadn't seen since the Cinema/Movie scenes were in production - the Compactor boxes had slice marks from the associates opening the shipping cartons. Every Compactor set I saw had slice marks on the top or bottom of the box. I didn't see these sets at any of the Super Wal-Marts in the larger cities I visited.

No sightings yet of the Holiday Edition, which was very disappointing. I've even checked in the Christmas section hoping they might've put them there, but no luck.

Friday:

Found that elusive scum Ephant Mon at a small Wal-Mart today! He was hanging on the end of a well-stocked peg, so they must have just put out new figures. The other figs were from the most recent wave, so I didn't find the new Jedi Council Yoda or Destroyer Droid. The bounty on Ephant was only $4.77, and well-worth it. The figure is huge! The bubble is longer than the other Saga figure bubbles so Hasbro must only be able to fit one Ephant into an assortment.

OC47150
12-16-2002, 08:55 AM
No new stuff in the south. The Target accessory sets are plentiful. The Christmas R2 and 3PO are ancient history; I was fortunate to get one.

Thunderstorm1
12-16-2002, 02:32 PM
which Targets OC47150? Louisville or Indiana?

OC47150
12-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Sorry 'bout that. The New Albany and Clarksville. The last I checked, the New Albany one had all four sets, while Clarksville only had the Hoth and battle arena sets, which surprised me. I thought the battle arena set would be gone.

Ji'dai
12-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Hit the usual places in Terre Haute around lunchtime today.

Nothing new at Wal-Mart except for the 2003 LEGO; only two sets left - the T-16 Skyhopper and one of the small Jabba's Palace sets. No Holiday Edition. I'll keep trying at the small town WMs around here that set.

TRU had lots of Clone Pilots and Destroyer Droids, plus four Jedi Council Yodas. This is the first time I've seen DD and Council Yoda around here. I'm sure they probably had Ephants too, but those were likely the first to go. TRU didn't have any '03 SW LEGO surprisingly, which would be sweet with their BOGO 50% sale.

Came home to find my LEGO MINI TIE Fighter in the mail. Thanks to SSG for the heads up on that promo a few weeks ago. I was one of the few (5000?) that was able to register for this set. The TIE Fighter comes in a small polybag. It came in a nice little mailer box with a small poster depicting the Battle of Hoth, complete with MINI AT-STs, AT-ATs and Snowspeeders.

OC47150
12-18-2002, 08:55 AM
The New Albany Target had plenty of the accessory sets, except the Endor one. I bought the last one. I'm surprised at the number of DS sets warming the pegs. I guess everyone has what they want!

Another shocker: No figures! The pegs were all empty. Guess the trucks are bringing figures.

Ji'dai
12-21-2002, 03:53 PM
I just received my Holiday Edition that I bought on eBay. For those that have this set, how is the bottom of the package usually sealed? Mine has tape up the side near the bottom and then two pieces of tape on the bottom. Is this normal?

I sighted three LEGO AT-TE's at TRU in Terre Haute yesterday, but they were gone this morning. I've seen every new LEGO SW set except for the MINIs. They also put out a cage full of older SAGA figs.

Ji'dai
01-10-2003, 08:13 PM
WM in Terre Haute has shelf space labled for the LEGO MINI sets, but there were none. They also had the Trash Compactor sets. No new figures. The clearance aisle had 12", Slave 1s, and LEGO Technic Star Wars sets, but I'm waiting for the prices to go down. I still need all of the AOTC vehicles and playset, but I'm not buying until they're less than half price.

The TRU had older Ep I stuff on clearance. A few Naboo Starfighters, DM and Speeder, and Anakin's Podracer, plus some other crap from that line. No new figures here either.

KB... yeah right.

The WM in Paris IL had quite a few of the Trash Compactor sets. Their clearance prices were higher than in Terre Haute.

The WM in Clinton IN had Trash Compactor sets. Clearance prices still not sweet enough for me yet.

Came home empty handed, but with a full wallet.

OC47150
01-13-2003, 08:48 AM
The New Albany WM had the compactor sets, a few Lott Dodds and a large selection of the last wave of 12" figures.

Ji'dai
12-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Terre Haute, IN -

Picked up the Ultra Wampa with Hoth Cave and C-3PO with Escape Pod at Wal-Mart for $9.96 each. Last two that I could see. 3PO was with the other SW figs, but the Wampa was making a home behind some boxes of ride-on toys near the bikes.

Found Ultra General Rieekan with Hoth Tactical Screen at TRU for $10.99. This TRU had many of the Ultra figures on the shelves. I also broke down and bought the repack Princess Leia Imp Captive.

Suncoast had the new Unleashed, this is the first time I've seen Yoda and Boba Fett. Pretty cool statues, but I passed on them. This store also had all of the Clone Wars deluxe sets.

KB seems to finally be selling out of the older Saga figures, so hopefully they'll be putting out some of the newer releases.

Ji'dai
12-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Terre Haute -

TRU had many Clone Wars figures yesterday and earlier SAGA wave with Hoth Han, Mynock Hunt Chewie, and Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon, etc. Went ahead and picked up a second Fett for an opener. Should have bought another Chewie for the Mynock.

Found Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto at Wal-Mart today. They had three Saesee and one Kit. No SA Clone Trooper though.

Wished TRU still had more LEGO AT-ATs since I have a 20% off coupon to use before the 13th.

Ji'dai
12-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Marshall (IL) -

This town's Super WM did not have anything new yesterday, just last year's SAGA figs clogging the pegs. Did find some other Christmas gifts there so the trip wasn't a total loss.

Terre Haute -

TRU had Kit, Saesee, and SA Clone Trooper. I picked up 2 Troopers and a Kit and Saesee. I believe these are the last new figures for this year. Some other '03 figs TRU had were Darth Throwing Lightsaber and Luke Throne Room, Snowtrooper, Hoth Han, and Carkoon Fett.

Also picked up a LEGO AT-AT with a 20% TRU coupon.

Ji'dai
01-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Terre Haute -

Picked up R1-G4, Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace), and R2 (Jabba's Sail Barge) today at Wal-Mart. They also had R-3PO and Hoth Trooper. I really like the R1 unit, but hey, it's Classic Trilogy AND previously unproduced. Both promising attributes in a line that is fast becoming nothing but rehashed crap.

A planogram I found in the aisle only showed three or four pegs for Star Wars figures. They are wedged in between the new LOTR:ROTK and McFarlane sports figures. Although this is a Super WM, it seems like a small space allocation for SW stuff.

Dollar Tree stores here also have LEGO Star Wars mini-figure packs for fifty cents. So far I've only seen 3343, which has three Battle Droids.

Ji'dai
02-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Hit several Wal-Marts and Targets in the Avon, Plainfield, and Indianapolis area yesterday.

Picked up the following SAGA figures:
2 Lando (Jabba's Sail Barge)
1 Rappertunie (Jabba's Palace)
2 Luke (Holographic)
1 General Jan Dodonna
1 Gold Leader
1 Captain Antilles
1 Ultra Jabba the Hutt
1 Ultra Jabba's Court Denizens

Didn't see J'Quille, Tanus Spijek, or the re-released TIE Fighter Pilot

Animated Series:
Anakin
Clone Trooper
Count Dooku
Durge
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan
Yoda (saw only three all day)

Some Targets looked like they had recently stocked but others were bare. I was able to get two of each of the above. The only one I didn't see was Asajj Ventress. She must be short-packed or in higher demand among collectors. I like this line but 6.99 per fig is too expensive.

Ji'dai
03-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Terre Haute:

Save for a lone Dodonna, Super Wal-Mart has four empty pegs for SW figures. Been like this every time I go in there.

Super K-Mart had the Battle of Yavin & Jabba's Palace wave so I picked up another Rappertunie and finally found a Tanus Spijek. J'Quille still eludes me.
Passed on the TIE Fighter pilot again, he seems small. What's going on with these new figures? They're like miniature versions of previous ones. :confused:

TRU had plenty of Ultra figs

Suncoast had same figs as KM, but 6.99 is too steep

OC47150
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
The Suncoasts in my area clearanced out the 3 3/4 figures. I picked up an extra Lama Su for opening for less than $4.

Ji'dai
04-06-2004, 05:43 PM
New Star Wars figures generally sell out at most retailers here. The only ones I've seen on clearance have been AOTC Saga (over-produced, apparently) and some Clone Wars figures.

Today I hit TRU but they didn't have anything I wanted so I didn't get the Silver Clone Trooper. They did have the Jango and Obi-Wan Kamino duel Ultra sets, but I passed on them. Plenty of the other Ultra sets.

I also passed on the Spider droid at TRU when I saw it last week. Those were gone now.

OC47150
04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
I bought my first figures since Christmas at TRU two weeks ago.

I've had better luck at Kmart and buying from fellow collectors than any place else!

Ji'dai
04-09-2004, 01:59 PM
I bought my first figures since Christmas at TRU two weeks ago.
I've had better luck at Kmart and buying from fellow collectors than any place else!

Usually KM is a bust for me, but recently they've gotten in new waves. Prices are higher than WM though.

Today's sightings (Terre Haute):

Super Wal-Mart: nothing again.

Super K-Mart: Hoth wave this week, but those are dwindling fast.

TRU had four of the new X-Wing with pilot, $29.99, but I passed. A TRU employee was putting Silver Clone Troopers out on display at the registers. I asked if they would sell a couple outright, but he said they were probably for the freebie promotion only.

Suncoast has the Yavin wave, but those are gathering dust due to the price.

Spencers got in Hellboy figures so I grabbed a Hellboy Trenchcoat with Corpse (Closed Mouth & Open Hand) and a Sammael for $15 each. Suncoast had them for $10, but they're sold out. Great movie, great-looking figures :cool:

Ji'dai
04-10-2004, 04:16 PM
KB has the Saga scene packs (Geonosian War Room / Jedi Council) for $7.99. This blows since I paid over $20 each for them at TRU. Maybe KB will sell the TRU multi-packs on close-out. Probably not.

Ji'dai
05-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Found Bossk, Dengar, and 2 Ozzels at K-Mart, of all places.

TRU has the Pit of Carkoon four pack.

WM seems to be getting the HOF releases. Too bad Hasbro doesn't repack the HTF figures like Ephant Mon.

Ji'dai
06-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Terre Haute -

Picked up doubles at Wal-Mart today - Dengar, Bossk, Tanus Spijek, Gold Leader, and Antilles. Passed on the Dodonnas, crappy paint apps.

It was nice to see anything besides HOF figures for a change.

Ji'dai
06-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Terre Haute -

Found the OTC Vader's TIE Fighter today at TRU, $29.99.

I also bought a 12" Zuckuss on clearance for $10.

OC47150
06-21-2004, 03:44 PM
I found a J'Quille at Target on Saturday. That made my whole weekend!!

Ji'dai
06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Great find OC! That blows my OTC TIE out of the water.

Ji'dai
06-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Saw the OTC TIE Fighter and X-Wing at TRU today, but passed on both. The OTC packaging is hard to resist though.

OC47150
06-29-2004, 08:08 AM
The New Albany Target supposedly has/had the OTC lightsabers. Other than that, nothing in the south.

Ji'dai
07-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Clinton Wal-Mart:

Picked up a second Dodonna to open and found a HOF Stormtrooper conscript for my growing Imperial Army.

Ji'dai
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Terre Haute, IN
Wal-Mart finally has the OTC lightsabers. Pegs were recently stocked, but with HOF and Star Destroyer wave. Snagged a TIE Fighter Pilot and another Stormtrooper.

Paris, IL
Wal-Mart has the OTC lightsabers. Most figures are '02 SAGA.

OC47150
07-08-2004, 08:14 AM
The Clarksville TRU has the OTC X-wing, and the VOTC figures are hitting various stores in the Louisville area. I haven't personally seen them yet but one store is like 10 minutes from work.

havok72
07-11-2004, 01:20 PM
I just found the the Galaxtic Heroes and the VOTC figures at a K Mart in Martinsville, IN. Real nice figures! If you have not seen them, they come in a clear protective case with the rebel and imperial symbols in the upper corners of the protective case. I did not buy any yet, because I thought the price was a little high ($9.99). I think I will wait until Wal-Mart gets them and check their prices.

Thank you

Havok

K M Toydarian
07-12-2004, 05:59 AM
I am looking forward to finding the Galactic Heroes. Where are you finding them? Next to the "Rescue Heroes" type toys in the preschool section, or by the Star Wars figs?

havok72
07-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I found them right next to the regular Star Wars Figs. I believe they were $5.79. This K Mart's toy section is a mess. So, you may want to look in a couple of different areas.

OC47150
07-13-2004, 08:51 AM
I've had the best luck finding new figures at Kmart this year. One store in particular, too.

Ji'dai
07-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Terre Haute -

Saw the Galactic Heroes at K-Mart Wednesday, but they were gone today. They had them next to the Star Wars figures.

Saw a case of OTC 12" on the pallet at K-Mart today. They had 2 Lukes and 2 Fetts left in the case. Someone had already aisle-sniped two figures out of the box so I don't know if there were any Stormtroopers. Passed on the Luke, but picked up a Fett. Both Fetts I saw had the deep blue flight suit.

Found not one, but TWO J'Quilles at KB today! Looks like they had just put out a case of the Jabba's Palace wave. 6.99 each (ugh) but I didn't think I'd ever find him. The cashier had trouble scanning the figures because they weren't in the system - which illustrates how often they get new figs in this store.

OC47150
07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Might have to hit a couple of Kmarts tonight and tomorrow!

The boss was off today so I hit four stores on the way into work and nothing. The OTC are reportedly showing up at Meijer but the Jeff store only had the Hoth and reminents of the Yavin wave.

Ji'dai
07-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Terre Haute -

Picked up OTC Dagobah Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and R2, plus re-releases Chewbacca and Princess Leia at Wal-Mart.

Suncoast had several OTC re-release figures including Jedi Luke, TIE Pilot, Bespin Luke, IG-88, and Bossk. I passed on these due to the $6.99 price tag. This store also had VOTC Han and Leia, but I passed since they cost $12.99 each.

Clinton -

Bought OTC re-releases R2-D2 and Obi-Wan Kenobi at Wal-Mart, the only OTC figures they had.

Wal-Mart is spoiling me with their prices; I hope I can find all the OTC figs there. $4.77 each is pretty good :)

Also saw the new LEGO Millennium Falcon at TRU today. Really nice looking packaging! The SW logo/silver bar and picture of the Falcon on the box flap are embossed and glossy giving it a textured feel.

Ji'dai
07-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Nothing too exciting lately - just the OTC Ask Yoda and Jedi Council Scene 1 at TRU. That first council scene is a rip off. I'm not paying $22 just for the floor section, which is the only new thing in that set.

OC47150
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Other than pix on the web, I haven't seen them, and in no big rush to get.

Maybe they'll show up at KB for $8 like the last sets, or at least on sale on amazon.

Ji'dai
08-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Saw OTC Jedi Council Sene 2 at TRU today. They have both scenes 1 & 2, but they are priced too high for what are essentially rehashed figures.

Ji'dai
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Super Wal-Mart has reset the action figure aisle for the holiday season. The pegs were bare though. Hopefully they'll be putting new figs out soon.

K-Mart had VOTC Ben, Luke, and Han. All of the clamshells were crushed. If they had put them on pegs they probably wouldn't have been damaged.

TRU had the last Ultra wave with the Ewok attack glider, the OTC Millennium Falcon, and a couple of VOTC Han and 12" Luke & Stormtrooper but no 12" Fett.

OC47150
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
The Target I frequent the most has reset and is getting newer merchandise in. I picked up the Dagobah wave of figures on Friday. I like the fact Target is now carrying the Unleashed. Gonna pick one or two up this week. :D

Other stores have a mixture of old and new stuff. Saw my first 12" VOTC Luke in Louisville on Sunday. Not too bad.

Ji'dai
08-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Hit some area stores this week.

Tuesday

Paris, IL:
Super Wal-Mart completed their xmas reset. Picked up VOTC Ben, Han, & Leia. The other pegs are still clogged with '02 SAGA figures, but they are marked down to $3.

Clinton, IN:
Wal-Mart completed their xmas reset. They had a few VOTC and only two OTC, but most pegs had the remnants of the HOF assortment.

Today

Terre Haute, IN:

Super K-Mart is in the middle of their xmas reset. Picked up Mos Eisley Cantina Scene 1 for $19.99. This set has Kitik Keed'kak, Dr. Evazan, and Wuher. They also got in a case of 12" VOTC which had the gray-suit Fett. I only bought a 12" Stormtrooper.

TRU is in middle of their xmas reset too. No new figures except for VOTC Han, Ben, and Luke.

Ji'dai
08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Super Wal-Mart has the Star Wars cardboard cube display in the toy aisle. One side has the 3PO and Vader Carry Cases; the other OTC figures and Galactic Heroes two packs.

I bought doubles of the Dagobah wave, except for Obi-Wan, whom I haven't seen yet. They had both headstand and regular versions of Dagobah Luke. Also picked up re-releases Jedi Luke, TIE pilot, and Bespin Luke.

Super K-Mart still has plenty of Cantina scene sets.

OC47150
08-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Found mine at the Jeff Kmart. In good condition. The packaging is bigger than I thought it would be.

OC47150
08-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Found a couple of things this morning...

* A new Super WM opened in Clarksville today and I finally (!) picked up the VOTC Leia. The store had plenty of the VOTC Hans and Bens, and a mixture of HOF figures, too.

* Found the OTC Bespin Leia at the New Albany Target, too. The bubble was crushed so it's an opener.

The New Albany Target had the newest Unleashed on Tuesday, but they're probably all gone by now.

Ji'dai
08-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Terre Haute -

Found 2 Ephant Mons at KB Toys today for $2.99 each! A third Ephant was behind the counter with some kind of 'hold' tag on it I think. Score!

Super Wal-Mart has removed their large Star Wars cardboard cube display from the floor. Only thing I saw was a few carry cases and the remains of a HOF assortment.

Knightfall
09-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Yesterday I also scored an Ephant Mon for $2.99 at the Kay Bee in the Green Tree Mall in Clarksville. They had two, but I left the other one in the store so someone else could have a lucky day. (Actually I hid him above the wrestling figures, where he probably still is if anyone wants him...) There's also tons of J'Quilles, Rappertunies, Holo Lukes, and their casemates for $6.99 each.

OC47150
09-07-2004, 08:05 AM
I was there Sunday afternoon but didn't see Ephant Mon. Saw the J'Quilles for $7.

Ji'dai
09-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Terre Haute -

Picked up 2 Cloud Car Pilots and Lobot at Super WM. First time I've seen these here.

TRU had the Endor Ambush multipack and the initial figures from the 2004 SAGA line (bar2d2, R1-G4, Hoth Luke, etc). Finally, new basic figures at TRU - better late than never!

TRU also had 5 Unleashed Leias, but I haven't seen the Aayla/Tusken/Bossk wave yet.

OC47150
09-08-2004, 08:27 AM
At my TRU, old cases of Saga figures (Geo warrior) are either turning up in the warehouse or someone's returning them.

TRU does have a wide selection of OTC items but not regular OTC figures.

Ji'dai
09-08-2004, 06:03 PM
I haven't seen basic OTC figures at TRU either.

Spotted the Gentle Giant Bossk bust at Suncoast today. They also had two cases of the McFarlane 12" Stealth Predator. I was very tempted to buy and scalp those Preds on eBay, lemme tell ya.

On the LEGO front, I saw the OTC repackaged Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart. TRU had their exclusive OTC TIE Fighter & Y-Wing set on the shelf too.

Ji'dai
09-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Saw new stuff just about everywhere I went today:

Wal-Mart: Picked up OTC Spirit Obi-Wan x2, C-3PO, Stormtrooper, Wicket, Jawas, and Snowtrooper. Passed on Greedo, Vader #10, Fett - poor paint apps or card cond.

K-Mart: Spotted OTC Bespin wave, but the Leias and Lobots had crummy paint apps.

TRU: Actually had some basic OTC figures, mainly Dagobah wave.

KB: Spotted five Ephant Mons! That's at least eight I've seen in less than a month in this store.

Ji'dai
09-17-2004, 06:47 PM
TRU has both the first & second wave of VOTC except for Yoda.

OC47150
09-21-2004, 08:23 AM
I sacrificed an hour's worth of sleep and went to WM last night for the exclusive trilogy three-pack figure sets. They are nice!

Ji'dai
09-21-2004, 02:30 PM
I didn't go at midnight but the news said there was a line of people waiting at Wal-Mart for the DVD release. I hit stores this morning instead:

Wal-Mart had plenty of the ESB and ROTJ DVD commemorative sets but no ANH left. I passed since I can't really justify buying re-released figures just for the packaging.

Sam's Club had several their exclusive Millennium Falcons with crew.

TRU had new basic OTC basic; 2 figs for $7. I picked up Vader #10, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Lobot, TIE Pilot, Tusken Raider, Jawas, Snowtrooper, Lando Skiff Guard, Slave Leia, AT-ST Han, General Lando. Didn't see Madine. TRU also had Galactic Heroes wave 2.

Didn't even buy the DVD!

Ji'dai
09-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Finally saw the new wave of Unleashed at TRU. No new OTC figs sinced I cleaned them out Tuesday. I was hoping to get more before their 2 for $7 sale ends.

OC47150
09-27-2004, 08:12 AM
The newest Unleashed wave were at my local Target yesterday. I plan to pick up Aayla; still don't know about Bossk, although he looked better in person. It's just such a silly pose. And still debating about the tusken, too.

I did find the OTC Dagobah Luke variation at Target (standing on hands). I picked that up.

The OTC figures are plentiful, but you have to go to different stores to find the latest ones. I have seen Jawas and Tusken raiders in the last week. The Bespin wave is pretty plentiful, too.

The second Empire VOTC and ROJ VOTC are hitting down here, too, but I keep missing them.

Ji'dai
09-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Terre Haute -

Super Wal-Mart is clogged with the first wave of VOTC. I'm afraid they won't put new VOTC out for a long time since there's no room.

Super K-Mart has the Galactic Heroes ESB wave with the bounty hunters. I picked up 4-LOM & Bossk, Fett & Dengar, and IG-88 & Zuckuss.

Suncoast has been getting in Star Wars too, both LEGO and Hasbro product. Spotted 12" figures there today - Ben Kenobi, Jawas, and Garindin. I wonder if they'll get the Biker Scout and Yoda.

OC47150
09-30-2004, 08:04 AM
12" at Suncoast? That's different. In the past, I've only seen them carry 3 3/4 figs, the deluxe packs and more of the novelty items (Applause stuff).

I think the 12" Yoda/biker scout wave is ancient history. If it shows up anywhere, it will be a fluke. But it could happen.

The local Meijer still has the 12" Jedi Luke sitting on the shelves.

I do have to get a couple of the Galactic Heroes sets for my collection.

Ji'dai
10-01-2004, 04:16 PM
12" at Suncoast? That's different. In the past, I've only seen them carry 3 3/4 figs, the deluxe packs and more of the novelty items (Applause stuff).
Yeah, I think the licensees are trying to put as much product in stores to take advantage of the DVD release marketing hype. I thought it was weird to see the new LEGO Falcon at Suncoast.

On to today's finds:

Terre Haute-

Super Wal-Mart had OTC on the pegs but the cards were in the worse shape I've ever seen at retail. Not only were most bubbles crushed, but the cards were crushed vertically too. Looked like they went through the trash compactor :D Still, I grabbed some figs with decent cards: 2 Bespin Leias, another Cloud Car Pilot, and a Gamorrean Guard someone had stashed on the top shelf.

Also spotted the new OTC Monopoly game at WM. It retails for about $30. Looks cool, but I passed since I'd probably never play it.

TRU - Freshly stocked pegs of VOTC! I bought 2 Boba Fett, 2 Chewbacca, 2 R2, and 2 Stormtrooper. I also picked up another Vader and Lando. I have one complete set of VOTC now and am a Yoda & 3PO shy of another set. I left 2 Fetts and 2 Stormtroopers on the pegs. I was tempted to buy the other two Stormtroopers, but it's just too expensive to army build with the VOTC. Ended up blowing $105 in TRU as it was :eek:

Ji'dai
10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Suncoast got in a couple of cases of OTC vehicles (TIE & X-Wing) and a case of the 12" VOTC with the gray Fett. I opened the cases myself. Haven't seen this much Star Wars stuff in there in a long time.

OC47150
10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
My Suncoast also had the 12" VOTCs last night, about six in all. No new figures, the same old Unleashed. I want to say there were X-wings and TIEs but don't hold me to it.

I'm off this weekend so I'm going out hunting.

OC47150
10-11-2004, 04:22 PM
I saw the VOTC 3PO in the store for the first time. Boy, he's not that pretty, is he? I will get him, just the same, to complete the set.

Kinda disappointed with last week's big Target sale. The days I did stop (and had money to spend!) only peg warmers to be found. I did pick up an extra Dagobah Yoda to open.

Ji'dai
10-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Yep, 3PO is probably the least exciting of the line. Haven't seen too many of him though, but I'm sure he'll become a pegwarmer eventually.

I hit several stores in the area, but didn't find much. This was a holiday weekend for many; kids were out of school Friday through Monday so stores were probably emptied over the weekend.

Paris, IL Super Wal-Mart: Spotted the ROTJ VOTC, plus Vader and Lando.

Terre Haute, IN:

I picked up some new OTC at Wal-Mart: Hoth Vader, AT-ST Han, and 2 General Madine. Passed on #10 Vader, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, and General Lando due to poor paint apps.

K-Mart had the new Galactic Heroes Stormtrooper 2-pack.

OC47150
10-12-2004, 04:05 PM
3PO's head doesn't look in proportion with the rest of the body. I like the body's color, a nice, worn, beat-up look, but the head. It needs some work.

I've temporarily scratched the two WMs closest to me off my list. If they have any figures at all, they're pegwarmers. Very disappointing. I haven't bought a figure at one of them since it's grand opening in August.

Except for one, all my VOTCs have been bought at Target.

Ji'dai
10-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Terre Haute -

Wal-Mart has freshly stocked pegs of OTC, mainly the Rebel Generals, Bespin Leia and Lobot. I picked up a Lando and another AT-ST Han to replace the one I got the other day with poorly painted eyes. Still have yet to see the Scanning Trooper.

K-Mart had remnants of the OTC Dagobah wave.

TRU has the re-released electronic Darth Vader bank on the shelves. Meh..

Suncoast had the Gentle Giant Stormtrooper bust for $50 and the new SW Miniatures Starter and Booster Sets. They also got a case of the OTC Dagobah wave. Also spotted the Simpsons Town Square playset there, which should be the last one in that toy line.

Knightfall
10-17-2004, 06:20 PM
The new Wal-Mart in Clarksville has TONS of new VOTC. I saw loads of Stormies, as well as Boba, R2, Chewie, Lando, and Vader. No Threepios, but I don't think anyone's going nuts trying to get one anyway. Picked up a Fett meself...nice.:D

OC47150
10-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Dammit, and I stopped going to the Clarksville store since they hadn't had anything for so long!

A friend said the $5 mini busts are showing up at area Hot Topics. I'm going to stop in and check it out tonight.

OC47150
10-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Pardon my language on my last post. Nothing but the same old stuff at the Clarksville WM; I checked on the way into work.

I did get one of the mini-busts at Hot Topics Thursday night. It was Han! Hot Topics also had SW key chains and other stuff, too. I will have to check them out more regularly.

Ji'dai
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Saw the Y-Wing repaint at TRU today. I think the silver fuselage is pretty ugly.

Did pick up another VOTC Yoda at K-Mart, but Lando and 3PO were gone.

OC47150
10-24-2004, 02:21 PM
I hit the jackpot at the Jeff Meijer on Saturday: OTC Han AT-ST driver (2); Madine (2); General Lando (1). I'm opening the Han/AT-ST and Madine figures.

The store also had Bib Fortuna, Slave Leia, skiff Lando, Gamorrean Guard, and plenty other HTF OTC figures.

WOW!

Ji'dai
10-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Spotted some re-released Unleashed at TRU today: Clone Trooper, Chewie, and Hoth Luke. They also had the Tusken, Leia, and the usual pegwarmers. I'm guessing these are re-releases since I don't collect this line.

Went ahead and bought another 2 VOTC Stormtroopers at a Wal-Mart in Paris, IL today. They still had all the ROTJ wave; probably the same figs I spotted two weeks ago. I must be running unopposed in that part of the state :D

Ji'dai
10-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Terre Haute -

TRU had about 10 Silver Vaders on the pegs today, $9.99 each. Suffice to say I passed. The paint isn't a metallic silver either, it's more of a dull finish.

TRU also had the Darth Vader Voice Changer in stock. I played with the "try me" feature for awhile - it has a fairly decent voice chip in it, but I expected ROTS "lava" packaging instead of OTC black.

Other stuff @ TRU - spotted the new Marvel Legends (Apocalypse, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Lab Wolverine, etc.) and the new 12" Spawn figures from McFarlane.

Ji'dai
10-29-2004, 05:42 PM
K-Mart was freshly stocked with OTC; but nothing new: the Generals, Lobot & Leia, Tuskens, Jawas, TIE pilots.

TRU still had plenty of the Silver Vaders.

Suncoast had quite a few new VOTC, mainly the ROTJ wave along with Vader and Lando. They retail for 12.99 there. Might be worth checking out Suncoast/Media Play/Sam Goodys if you got 'em locally.

Ji'dai
11-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Found two Scanning Troopers at TRU today. I couldn't believe it. They also had a couple of CCPs, but I already have five of those. So I bought the Ewok Attack Glider and qualified for the free Silver Vader. TRU has quite a few of those still taking up space on the pegs.

On other figure fronts I spotted Invader Zim as well as Nightmare Before Christmas figures at Hot Topics. I think Zim is made by Palisades and NBC is NECA product. They look pretty neat if you're into those things.

OC47150
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Great find on the scanning trooper, Ji'dai!

I'm hoping to score a couple extra Madine and Han/AT-ST figures at the Kmart sale on Friday for customizing. Nothing wrong with generic Imps and Rebel leaders.

I haven't seen the catina scene #2 but it has been reported in my area.

I missed out on the silver Vader at TRU on Sunday but ordered it off tru.com.

OC47150
11-08-2004, 08:35 AM
The Bespin and Endor OTC wave is pretty plentiful at various stores. Target is getting the last batch of Saga figures (Hoth and Tatoonie) in, too. The ESB and ROTJ VOTC figs are still hit or miss but showing up more frequently. It depends on the store.

Finally saw the Target Slave 1 exclusive for the first time in a store Saturday. Nice but I'll wait and see if it gets clearanced. Already have two Slave 1s (AOTC and POTF2).

At the local SW club meeting, I got my sandcrawler! Boy, is it cool! Nice packaging. Surprised Hasbro didn't use the newer, dirtier Jawas with it. The RA-7 droid is cool; I'd like to see him carded.

Ji'dai
11-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Snagged another VOTC 3PO at Wal-Mart today to complete my second set of VOTC.
They also had Fett, Chewie, and a Stormtrooper along with a mish mash of common OTC/SAGA figs.

Didn't find anything at K-Mart's one-day figure sale last Friday. Stopped in today and saw that all SW is 10% off. I have yet to see Cantina Scene 2.

TRU is still clogged with Silver Vaders and SAGA figures. The only new figs I've seen come in there lately have been early '04 SAGA stuff.

The local KB Toys is on the store closing list as is the one in Bloomington. Hate to see a toy retailer go but I rarely find or buy anything in there anyway.

OC47150
11-08-2004, 04:55 PM
My KB is on the list, too. It was last time and survived. I hope it does again.

I saw at least three cantina scene #2 at one Kmart on Friday. #1 was still occupying shelf space, too.

My TRU still has a few POTJ figures (Bespin guard) warming the pegs! I think a) TRU must have cleaned out their warehouse or b) someone returned older AOTC and Saga carded figures 'cuz they're warming the pegs at TRU, too.

Ji'dai
11-10-2004, 03:38 PM
I got my Sandcrawler from SouthernIsland.com yesterday. I have the vintage one and had forgotten how small this thing is. I do like it, but don't think it'll work with a purchase of the droids diorama. Maybe with MicroMachine figurines :D At least it was $48 dlvd.

KB seems to be getting in a lot of clearance merchandise. I spotted two more Ephant Mons in there today along with the later wave of '02 SAGA figures for $2.99. Seems like these figures are finally shaking out of limbo or wherever they've been for the last three years.

OC47150
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I have to do some Christmas shopping on the way home so I'll stop by KB and check.

Even with 10% off SW stuff this week, the one Kmart I visit the most still had several cantina sets, 1 and 2.

OC47150
11-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Nothing new. Target had the Hoth and Tatoonie Saga wave (still) and the cups were still plentiful, too.

KB did have Unleashed for $18. Nothing else, really.

Suncoast had the biggest selection of OTC figures -- Bossk, sand people.

Who's going to C3? My buddies and I have our hotel reservations and passes are ordered.

Ji'dai
11-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Who's going to C3? My buddies and I have our hotel reservations and passes are ordered.
I don't know if I'll go or not. I've never attended any type of con before; never thought of myself as that hard core :D

Wal-Mart.com has the ANH and ESB DVD Commemorative sets back in stock. They are in the "Star Wars Trilogy" section. The did have the ROTJ one yesterday evening, but apparently it has sold out again.

OC47150
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
It will be fun if you go.

The figures are in the video section? The WMs around here have already clearanced them out, $5 or so a set. I might have to check a couple of WMs this weekend.

Ji'dai
11-12-2004, 02:07 PM
No, the DVD figure sets are at walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A4171%3A4172%3A173005% 3A173007&dept=4171&cat=173007&sb=61&bti=1&sdir=xx&sortBySelectedIndex=0

OC47150
11-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Picked up a VOTC R2 over the weekend at the Clarksville WM.

The Bespin and Endor OTC waves are pretty plentiful in my area. Lobot and Madine may be peg warmers. That's OK. I can customize generic Rebel officers from Madine. Still need to get some extra Han/AT-ST figures for customizing.

Ji'dai
11-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Spotted Sly Moore at Wal-Mart today; it was the only POTC fig they had. WM probably put them out over the weekend. I figured this wave would be showing up soon since it's been reported in the other midwest-states' threads.

The local KB is definitely closing; they had big signs adverstising this fact :D I'll keep watching for good buys on LEGO and other figures lines.

Ji'dai
11-16-2004, 08:46 PM
If you need more conscripts for your Imperial Army, Wal-Mart.com has VOTC Stormtroopers in-stock. They also have Boba Fett:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A4171%3A4172%3A173005% 3A173007&dept=4171&cat=173007&sb=61&bti=1&sdir=xx&sortBySelectedIndex=0

Ji'dai
11-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Wal-Mart had freshly stocked pegs full of the OTC Vaders/Fortuna/Slave Leia/Gam Guard assortment. Plenty to go around. I picked up another Hoth Vader, 2 cloth-caped Vaders, 2 Gam. Guards, and a Bib Fortuna.

TRU had the POTC in stock. Notice the past tense used there :D Grabbed 2 Rabe, 2 Sly Moore, 2 Pablo Jill, Queen Amidala, and Yarua. Pablo Jill and Yarua are pretty sweet. Rabe's head sculpt is crapola. I tried to get these for $4.99 since the pegs were still marked with that price but they said it only applied to the SAGA gold carded figures.

Suncoast has the Sandcrawler in stock today too.

On other figure fronts, McFarlane Movie Maniacs is hitting most stores now and I did see the H.R. Giger scuplture at Suncoast today as well.

OC47150
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
I'll try and hit TRU in the next day or so. Have stuff going on the next two nights, so that cuts into my toy hunting.

Ji'dai
11-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Stopped at a Wal-Mart in Brazil, IN this morning. They had the ROTJ VOTC and some really dusty AOTC figs. I only bought a couple 50-gallon Rubbermaid totes for storage. Haven't seen this size tote at my local Wal-Mart for several months; I was thinking they've been discontinued.

OC47150
11-22-2004, 08:03 AM
I found a VOTC Chewie at the NA Wal-Mart and the OTC scanning tech at the NA Kmart. That was the highlight of a rather crappy weekend.

Only need VOTC 3PO and stormie to complete my set.

Knightfall
11-24-2004, 06:08 AM
Spotted two Sly Moores, a Yarua, and a Pablo Jill last night at Meijer in Jeff. Price? $6.99. I decided to pass.

OC47150
11-24-2004, 07:57 AM
The New Albany WM had most of the ESB and ROJ VOTC wave last night, except for Lando and 3PO.

$6.99, huh? The price hike has started.

Ji'dai
11-24-2004, 02:54 PM
POTC figs are running 5.99 at TRU. I've always thought Meijer was slightly higher than other retailers though.

Spotted the animated Droids & Ewoks DVDs (and Ewoks live-action films) in just about every store that carries DVDs. Wal-Mart was the cheapest, coming in under $9. I'm not going to buy these since Lucasfilm fugged up this release by editing all the episdes together, but I'll probably get them for christmas. I haven't seen some of these toons since they originally aired on ABC Saturday mornings.

Picked up another Sly Moore at TRU today. This one has better eye paint apps. They also had Pablo-Jill and Amidala. I would've bought the Amidala but it had worse paint apps than the one I already have. SAGA screen scenes are half-off at TRU too.

OC47150
11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I bought the Droids DVD for my niece for Christmas last night at Circuit City.

I haven't seen those cartoons in years, either.

I haven't visits TRU in about two weeks, so I can't say if the Pablo Jill wave is there. It is showing up at other stores in my area.

Ji'dai
11-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Took a road trip today. Stopped in a couple of towns just outside Indianapolis:

Avon, IN -

Super Wal-Mart had most of the VOTC besides Stormtrooper.
Super Target had almost all the VOTC except for 3PO & Stormtrooper. VOTC prices were under $9, probably trying to compete with the new Super WM. I only picked up a Greedo repaint; first time I've seen him in awhile. I did see a Slave I in person but passed. Also spotted Unleashed Dooku and Mace, plus Anakin and Slave Leia cups. I think this Target also had the Jedi Force figures but the pegs were empty so I'm not sure. The tags listed them as "Star Wars AST - $7.99."
Meijer had Unleashed Dooku, Mace, and Vader.

Plainfield, IN -

Nothing much at Kohls; was hoping to score some SW LEGO on sale.
Target was regular price on VOTC/OTC, but nothing I hadn't seen before.
Wal-Mart had all the VOTC, a lot of Galactic Heroes figure sets, but few basic figs.

Greencastle, IN -

Super Wal-Mart still had quite a few carry cases and DVD figure sets. Also some dusty AOTC figures. Usual VOTC pegwarmers here.

OC47150
11-29-2004, 08:00 AM
I've only seen the carrying case at one WM, one that I used to frequent pretty regularly but don't anymore 'cause the stock just isn't there.

The Target Slave 1s are hit or miss around here. Not all of the Targets have them. I might get one, if it gets clearanced out.

Ji'dai
11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Suncoast had Chewbacca Bust-Ups for $4.99. There were two pegs full of Chewie, no other characters. Also spotted ROTS t-shirts there. They also had the Captain Spaulding figure from Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses as well as the new Anya & Tara figures from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Sam's Club has the DROIDS, EWOKS, and EWOKS ADVENTURES DVDs bundled together for $25.56. The DVDs come in silver longbox with DVD cover art and scenes from the programs. I attached a pic of box below.

TRU had the Simpsons figures re-releases for $2.95 each. I picked up Homer, Bart, Flanders, Krusty, and Mr. Burns. I passed on Barney; he's not one of my favorite characters.

OC47150
11-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Part two of the ESB VOTC and ROJ VOTC are showing up in more places. Even seen the VOTC stormie a couple of times! 3PO VOTC seems to be in short supply.

I have to check Suncoast out. Going to do some Christmas shopping tonight and need to stop by there. I've seen the shirts but haven't bought one.

Hot Topic has some cool SW shirts, too.

OC47150
12-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Suncoast had the exclusive sandcrawler for $60. There were two of them at the Clarksville store. I was surprised to see them carrying it; just thought it was available from online stores. It's nice; I have one.

Nothing new to report other than that; I keep missing the POTC figures.

I noticed that Meijer is now charging $6.99 a figure, and one of my fellow collectors said the POTC figs at TRU were $6.99.

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 10:35 AM
The best price for POTC is Wal-Mart. They were 5.88 at mine, but I got them for 4.77 as thye never changed the tags on the pegs. SO before yoiu purchase them, look at the shelf tags and see whatr the price is. If its cheaper, they have to give it to you for that price.

OC47150
12-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info. I haven't checked WM this week. I will go there tonight and in the morning.

Ji'dai
12-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Super K-Mart had quite a few POTC figures in stock today. I picked up a few for openers: Pablo-Jill, Yarua, Amidala, Sly Moore, and a couple Rabes. Although the figures scanned $6.99 at checkout I was able to get them for less since they were all price-tagged $5.49. You need to take advantage of uninformed retailers to get the best price on these.

Haven't seen the POTC Cantina wave yet.

OC47150
12-07-2004, 08:00 AM
I picked up Pablo, Sly and the wookie from a friend on Saturday for $5 each. Couldn't pass it up.

OC47150
12-09-2004, 08:13 AM
If you're still looking for any of the mini-busts, Suncoast now has them for $5 each. If you looked in the small window, you might find the one you're looking for.

Ji'dai
12-10-2004, 04:35 PM
If you're still looking for any of the mini-busts, Suncoast now has them for $5 each. If you looked in the small window, you might find the one you're looking for.
Yeah, you're right about the little window on the Bust-Ups, I found it upon closer inspection today. Most were covered by the price tags though. I thought the figure inside was the same one pictured on the box. It doesn't matter since I don't collect statues or busts.

Wal-Mart has a sprinkling of OTC and a fresh case of HOF. Spotted the Vader Voice Changer there too.

The Star Wars section at TRU is becoming bare with the onslaught of Holiday shoppers. Just older SAGA product remains. I did see the PlaySkool Jedi Force figures today: Luke, Chewie, 3PO & R2, and Vader. These were priced $6.99, which is more reasonable given their size and accessories. The 3-3/4" line should not be priced higher than $5.

OC47150
12-10-2004, 04:54 PM
The TRU I frequent the most did have a nice selection of VOTC about two weeks ago but now it's back to VOTC Han and Ben. And older Saga and a few POTJ peg warmers, too.

Target did have Leia Bespin and the Endor OTC waves. Guess Madine, General Lando and Han/AT-ST aren't that hot.

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Guess Madine, General Lando and Han/AT-ST aren't that hot.

Thats just because we had them a month before the OTC came out. They should have for-gone the Saga packaging and went straight to oTC with these.

OC47150
12-13-2004, 08:48 AM
I'd agree with you there, Kidhuman. I saw that Saga wave once in the store and was fortunate enough to get it. I've picked up OTC versions for opening and customizing.

I did find a VOTC 3PO over the weekend (!) Now I only need the stormie to have the complete set.

I couldn't get myself to cough up $7 for the OTC Padme celebration figure, either. I'm going to shop around and see if I can't find it cheaper first.

I also picked up the Yoda bust-up at Suncoast. Very nice.

Ji'dai
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I've been lucky in finding the POTC for less than $6. No sign of the Cantina wave yet.

TRU had Jedi Coucil Sc. 3 & 4 today. I'll wait to see if these drop in price. No other sightings on the Star Wars front. Looked like they had new LOTR figures, I saw Shelob-attack Frodo and the Orc/coccooned Frodo set. But I ended up buying only Simpsons re-release figures Smithers, Milhouse, and Wiggum, $2.95 each.

Suncoast received two cases of Hellboy 1.5 figures, I got to open and rifle through both. Picked out Anung Un Rama, Weightlifter Hellboy, Locked Hellboy, and Officer Kroenen for 9.99 each. Also spotted Army of Darkness figure two-packs, another set of 18" Jack Sparrow, and the LOTR extended edition DVD box sets (which go on sale tomorrow).

Ji'dai
12-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Terre Haute -

Super K-Mart is fully-stocked with the first five POTC. Unfortunately, the figures now sport the correct price tags of $6.99. Also spotted the new Lightsabers with Galactic Heroes. Vader's Lightsaber comes with GH Ben Kenobi and Vader; Luke's Lightsaber comes with GH Luke and R2. These run $19.99 each.

TRU had the Galactic Heroes X-Wing, $19.99. Looked like they just put out a case of POTC, including the Cantina Wave. I picked up Feltipern Trevagg (x2), Myo (x2), and Dannik Jerriko (x2). Also spotted repacks Dagobah Yoda, Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Han, and Chewie. But at $6.99, Hasbro can stick those repacks up their arse. The Sandtrooper does look cool in the OTC package with Tatooine backdrop, but it's not worth the extra $2. I'd like more clean-armor Scout Troopers, but I'm not paying $7 a pop for them.

Ji'dai
12-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Spotted the JediForce Luke & Speeder Bike at TRU tonight.

Ji'dai
12-21-2004, 10:06 PM
I started and finished my Christmas shopping today! Best Buy has Simpsons Season 5 for $29.99; best price I've seen all day. On to today's finds:

Avon, IN:

Wal-Mart had Clone Wars Season III figures. I grabbed General Grievous and battle-damaged Anakin. They also had re-releases Durge, Asajj, Mace, and Obi-Wan. No Clone Troopers. Found these on a shelf along side the pre-school toys.

Plainfield, IN:

K-Mart had lots of Cantina Sc. 2 with Blue Snag. I don't really want to pay $20 for one fig though, so I left them behind. Trays full of the first 5 POTC & usual Galactic Heroes packs too.

Indianapolis:

Hit several Targets, Wal-Marts, & TRUs in the metro area. Target seems to be getting in early '04 Saga figures. Lots of VOTC spotted today, including Stormtroopers. Too bad these are too expensive to army build with.

Stores seem to be putting as much product on the floor as possible for Christmas, so you may find Star Wars stuff in unlikely spots. Just do a quick sweep of toys so you don't miss anything.

Ji'dai
12-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Meijer (Avon, IN) had new Galactic Heroes figure packs today, 5.99 each - Jedi Luke/Gammorean; Jawa/Tusken; Skiff Guard/Lando. These inlcude a Episode III preview mini-catalog in lieu of the old OTC catalog.

Spotted the Season 3 Clone Wars figures at Target on So. 31st in Indianapolis. They had ARC Trooper, new Anakin, GG, and Clone Trooper (red & yellow). Clone Troopers appear to be the same sculpt as the original but with all the colors of the rainbow. At 6.99, I passed on these. Hopefully I'll find them at Wal-Mart for 5.55.

Lots of clearance sales too: VOTC down to $7; OTC $3-4; OTC Slave I $21; VOTC 12" $21. Look for good deals on SW LEGO - Falcon down to $75; Cantina $20; Snowspeeder $15.

Only bought LOTR figures today though, Prologue Elven Warrior and Elrond. Hasbro's SW price increase is pushing me into finding better values with competing brands.

OC47150
12-30-2004, 09:36 AM
I think I've missed out on most of the good clearance deals because of the weather. I'm going to hit a store or two tonight.

The big flea market is this weekend. My buddy and I are going tomorrow. I might hit a few stores on New Year's Day, too, while everyone is sobering up.

I did find an Unleashed Vader at WM. Dooku and Mace are plentiful, too, so I might pick them up at a later time.

I did get the 12" VOTC Luke and Fett for Christmas. And the folks surprised me with a MR Vader lightsaber. Very cool indeed! My little nephew was playing with it yesterday. He likes it, too.

Ji'dai
12-30-2004, 05:12 PM
My folks surprised me with the LEGO Falcon. I wasn't expecting any LEGO at all.

Usually I miss out on clearance stuff because I like to wait until they hit rock-bottom prices. I don't know what's up with people here, x-Mart knocks $5 off something and they snatch it up like it was free gov'ment cheese. Which brings me to my point..

I've been waiting on TRU to clearance the LEGO AT-TE but someone snatched all the sets around christmas. If anyone has seen this set in a local store, I'd be interested in buying it for cost + shipping.

OC47150
01-02-2005, 01:15 PM
My buddy and I went to the flea market on New Year's Eve and I hit the jackpot. Some SW fans ran into some financial problems and sold a bunch of figures to one of the vendors. I picked up a loose yet complete 12" Luke and tauntaun for $20, and 12" clone trooper, Mace, ATOC Anakin and the Masterpiece (book) old Anakin for $3 - $4 each.

The Mace and old Anakin are going to be used to make a custom Jedi.

New Year's Day I found extra OTC Han/AT-ST and Madines and a Saga Dodonna for customizing at Targets and WMs for $3.

Ji'dai
01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Nice finds, OC.

Terre Haute -

The Wal-Mart here has reset their toy section again. I guess in retail-speak, the new mod is in place. But they did have new figures - all of the first eight POTC (including the cantina wave) plus most of the repacks - figures numbered 8-14. Star Wars LEGO is in the clearance aisle, but still not 50% off yet. The new LEGO section is kinda small.

Didn't see any Animated Clone Wars figures though, I was disappointed.

I did see the new Galactic Heroes packs last Friday, but they were gone today (Gamorrean/Luke; Jawa/Tusken; Skiff Guard/Lando). These packs are noteworthy in that they have an Episode III mini-catalog in them.

K-Mart has the 12" VOTC marked down to $19. Plenty of Stormtroopers peppered with a Luke or two.

Suncoast has Mavel Legends again. I don't collect these but they had all of Series 8 minus the chase figures. Swamp-Thing or Man-Thing (can't remember which one is Marvel's) looks pretty neat. Suncoast also has Series 2 Star Wars Bust-Ups.

OC47150
01-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Plenty of stormies, huh? He and Boba are long gone from the clearance aisles down here. Luke's all by his lonesome.

If you're into the mini bust-ups, you might want to check Suncoast. The second wave (Imperials) was found at SC down here on Christmas eve. I haven't seen them but a buddy bought them.

Ji'dai
01-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I don't collect busts or statues but usually toss my sightings of 'em into these reports. On to today's finds:

Terre Haute -

Wal-Mart has the JediForce vehicles on the shelves as well as space marked for the figures and plush lightsabers. I'd like to see what those look like up close. Also spotted Star Wars valentines with OT characters. Yes, now you can win the heart of that special girl by sending her an Emperor Palpatine ("You know now your destiny lies with me.") or C-3PO & R2-D2 ("We make the best counterparts.") or even the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, Boba Fett ("You're worth a lot to me.") :D

K-Mart had Clones Wars Season III Animated in today. I grabbed Grievous, wet Anakin, 2 ARC Troopers, and Blue & Yellow Clone Troopers. These were $6.49 each. Also spotted re-releases Mace, Durge, and Assaj. They must have put out more 12" VOTC since I saw two Boba Fetts in the clearance aisle. Still have quite a few Stormtroopers and a few Lukes as hard as it is to believe. These are $19 each now. I went ahead and bought one of the Fetts, may get another Stormie and the Luke if the price drops.

K-Mart also had the GI Joe "Ninja Battles" set with Snake-Eyes, Stormshadow, and two or three other anonymous ninjas with cool display base and DVD; $17.99. I haven't collected JOE since the late 80s but this is a neat set.

Suncoast has the LOTR AOME 9-piece Fellowship figurine set for $24.99.

OC47150
01-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm hoping to pick up VOTC Obi-Wan and Leia for opening tomorrow. They seem to be in abundance.

OC47150
01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I found the Myo wave at the NA WM on Saturday for $5.88, and that made my day! Very nice figures. The Darrick could be customized to make generic Rebels very easily.

Also picked up the VOTC Han, Leia and Obi-Wan for opening.

Ji'dai
01-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Nice score on the Cantina figs, I don't see them very often. I found mine last month but I paid $7 each for them.

Hit several Wal-Marts, TRUs, and Targets in the Indianapolis area today. Nothing much to report on the Star Wars front. I've pretty much bought all the OTC I want and looks like most of the choice stuff is gone from the clearance aisles anyway. Wal-Marts have some pretty sweet deals on LEGO right now so I'll probably be picking up some of the Star Wars sets I don't have.

I did see the Titanium die-cast vehicles today for the first time. They only had the X-Wing and TIE and they were located in the toy car aisle. It might be tough getting a complete set with the Hot Wheels collectors practically haunting this aisle.

New LOTR figs are hitting TRU and WMs. Saw Elendil, Isildur, Rivendell Elrond, Lurtz, SP Smeagol, Gondor Boromir, Isengard Orc, and Coronation Gimli today. Bought Lurtz and another Ringwraith (six more and one Witch-King to go).

OC47150
01-14-2005, 07:54 AM
The car aisle, huh? I wouldn't have thought to check there.

The two WMs nearest to me have a new planogram (layout). I checked both stores the other night and nothing new. What few VOTC figures they had left were marked down to $5.

OC47150
01-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I picked up a CW Grevious for $5.55 at WM Saturday night, as well as the VOTC Luke, extra VOTC Leia, and extra Darrick and the non-Myo cantina alien at the same WM. (His name escapes me.)

Also picked up the Target cups for $2.50, one Leia and two Anakins. The Leia and one Anakin are for my niece and nephew, and the other is for me to open.

Hit several stores over the weekend but Saturday night's find at the WM was the best.

moulman
01-20-2005, 06:56 PM
no ones found any ROTS figs yet have they?

also-anyone seen any LEGO Falcons that are under $60?

OC47150
01-21-2005, 07:27 AM
No luck in the south. I'm not holding my breath that they'll show up early around here. I can wait another two weeks.

Haven't noticed the price on the Falcon. I've got my eye on Lego snowspeeders, cantina and Dago X-wing sets. Just waiting for the prices to drop again. :D

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 07:32 AM
no ones found any ROTS figs yet have they?

also-anyone seen any LEGO Falcons that are under $60?

1st question: No

2nd Question: yes, my wal-mart clearanced for 55 dollars., but I live in Va, so keep checking your stores.

Ji'dai
01-21-2005, 09:29 PM
No ROTS figures in Terre Haute today.

The LEGO Falcons sold out locally at $75. Like OC, I'm watching the Cantinas, Snowspeeders, and X-Wings for the next round of clearance price cuts.

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Here Cantina 17, X-wing/dagobah is 25. out of snowspeeders.

OC47150
01-24-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm doing a 'price check' on the Legos tonight.

No ROTS in my area, either, but they did show up in northern Kentucky. That's the closest to me. Hey, just one more week to wait, right?

Lot of empty pegs where I went this weekend. :frus:

Kmart is now carrying Unleashed. They're $17, but at least it's one more outlet for this fine product. Also saw the cantina set #2 on clearance for $17. I'll keep my eye on that, too.

Ji'dai
01-24-2005, 12:23 PM
No ROTS figure sightings today.

TRU did have the new LEGO sets. 7256 Jedi Starfighter & Vulture Droid and the 7263 TIE Fighter with Darth Vader with light-up lightsaber. Both sets retail for $19.99. I thought the TIE Fighter box was unusually big until I turned it over and noticed that the light-up Vader has his own display window with a TRY-ME feature. The light-up lightsaber is a neat idea, but the box says that the battery inside the figure is not replaceable.

K-Mart has the Cantina Sc. 1 on clearance for $13. I've never seen Sc. 2 locally, but I've seen it in Indianapolis. 12" VOTC (Luke & Stormtroooper) are still $19; Hasbro Falcon is still too much.

Wal-Mart has not budged on their LEGO clearance prices. Still have plenty Cantina, Snowspeeder, and X-Wings. I did buy a LEGO Spidey 2 Doc Ock Hideout for $10 (originally $50). Probably will save it for a gift.

KB*Toys in Terre Haute is officially closed for business.

Ji'dai
01-26-2005, 06:42 PM
No ROTS sightings today! I swear we must have the only Wal-Marts in the country actually adhering to the February 1 street date.

Wal-Mart did lower the price on their LEGO Snowspeeders to $7 so I bought four. Cantina and X-Wing still unchanged; advertised sale prices on these sets stay through mid-February. I've also been keeping an eye on LOTR Trivial Pursuit. It's down to $10 but I'd like to get it for less.

sith_killer_99
01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Don't feel bad, it's the same story down here in the big KY. :(

Kidhuman
01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
And into SW Va too. Must be a vicoius loop

moulman
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
If any of you live in Indy-the Castleton TRU gets their weekly truck in 2day (thursday)

OC47150
01-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I've stopped in my WM at least four times in the last week to check on the Lego prices (unchanged as of last night) and there is either only one figure (new CW Anakin) or no figures. Trying to remember the last time the pegs were this bare. It's been a long time.

moulman
01-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Found the TIE fighter and Jedi Starfigther/vulture droid today at the E. Washington TRU 2day. No ROTS figs however

OC47150
01-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I had all four ROTS sneak preview figures in my hand at the New Albany Target Saturday but I put them down. I wasn't willing to cough up the $7 each for them; I'm going to take my chances and try and find them for $5 at WM and Meijer.

The figures also were found at at least one Louisville Target, too.

Ji'dai
01-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Terre Haute -

Finally spotted Titanium vehicles at Wal-Mart. They were on the pegs next to the figures, which I don't know is a good thing or not. Between Titanium and Galactic Heroes, WM is back down to just four pegs for figures.

WM also had an end cap full of LOTR figures: Lurtz, Isengard Orc, Gondor Boromir, Rivendell Elrond, Coronation Gimli, etc. I haven't seen this many LOTR figures in a long time. The dam has burst I guess.

Suncoast has new Alias figures. I don't watch the show but these figs were pretty craptacular.

OC47150
01-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Still haven't seen the Titanium vehicles. But I keep checking in the Hot Wheels section.

Ji'dai
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
The Titanium line isn't on the new mod so Wal-Mart employees don't really know what to do with them. I saw them initially in the Hot Wheels aisle at a Wal-Mart near Indy but the local WM put them with the figures.

OC47150
02-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I have an early morning (7:30 a.m.) meeting today, so I got up a little earlier than usual and hit Meijer on the way into work, hoping to find the sneak preview figures. A lot of 'on order' stickers and one lone OTC Dago Luke greeted me at 6:58 a.m.

I'll check WM on the way home tonight.

Ji'dai
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I went to three Wal-Marts in three cities in two states and didn't find one Sneak Preview figure. Very disappointing.

I did grab a LOTR Shelob and Moria Orc Archer at one Wal-Mart though. So the trip wasn't a total loss.

OC47150
02-01-2005, 02:15 PM
I stopped by the WM by my house last night on the off-chance that the figures would show up early. No such luck. They did have the biggest selection of CW figures I'd seen in one place.

The price on the clearanced Legos hasn't changed, either. :(

Ji'dai
02-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I checked the Wal-Mart in Brazil and the Super Wal-Mart in Greencastle (which is right next door to a friggin' WM distribution center) today but didn't see any ROTS figures.

The Greencastle Wal-Mart has the Titanium vehicles. These run $4.97 and were in the Hot Wheels aisle.

In a bit of serendipitous luck I did find a SAGA '03 Luke Throne Room Duel which I still needed from that line. I also scored another SAGA Snowtrooper; both figs were $2. Now all I need is a Coleman Trebor and I'll be set for the '03 stuff. Went ahead and bought the LOTR Trivial Pursuit for $8 too. Saw quite a few Hasbro Falcons for $35 and lots of ANH VOTC for $5.

LEGO clearance prices were actually higher than I've seen back home. Still need to pick up the Cantina set and I'd like to get a couple more Dagobah X-Wings.

Ji'dai
02-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Hit Wal-Mart, K-Mart, TRU, and Suncoast but didn't see any ROTS stuff. Guess they'll put it out whenever they get it. The employees I talked to either don't know or don't care.

K-Mart had more Animated figs but they jacked up the price from 6.49 to 6.99.

TRU has been putting out more VOTC lately. I saw two Stormtroopers on the pegs today but the line is still regular price.

OC47150
02-03-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm taking tomorrow off from work so I'll try and hit a few stores in the area. Most of the WMs in my area are dry of ROTS figures.

My folks went to the Smokies for the weekend, so they're going to check a couple of stores for me down there. I gave Mom pix of the ROTS figures just so she'd know what I'm talking about. :D

Ji'dai
02-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Terre Haute -

Found the Preview figures at TRU today; $6.99 each. They had plenty of Astromechs and Tions but only three Grievous and five Wookies. I went ahead and picked up a set but will return them as soon as Wal-Mart gets them in. Looks like WM will be getting all of my SW business this year.

The packaging is much smaller than I expected. The bubble has a slimmer profile and covers most of the card so these should take up less storage space than the SAGA style cards.

Suncoast got in two cases of LOTR figures. Some of the figures have electronic bases - Aragorn, Legolas, and Orc Armor Sam. Also spotted Stoor Smeagol, Denethor, Orc Captain, Orc with webbed Frodo, and Minas Tirith Citadel Guard. I only bought the Legolas; I'm trying to stick to the main characters or ones I really like.

OC47150
02-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I found all except the Wookie at the Clarksville WM on Saturday. Target and Kmart had all four but I wasn't willing to pay $7. I will use the Meijer ad and price-match somewhere this week for the Wookie and maybe extras.

I did a quick run at the flea market on Friday (I took the day off from work). One vendor had the ROTS figures, and he was asking $10 - $12 each. No way was I going to pay that!

And the folks didn't find any ROTS in Tennessee either. The WM down there was going through a remodeling.

Ji'dai
02-07-2005, 11:41 AM
The local K-Mart has the two new LEGO sets. The retailer is also running a BOGO 50% sale this week so this might be an opportune time to buy them. I wait for clearance time personally.

TRU sold through most of their ROTS figures; there were still some R4s and Tions left. No sign of the figures at other local retailers.

OC47150
02-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I have yet to buy a Lego set at regular price.

OC47150
02-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Found the ROTs jedi starfighter at Jeff Meijer last night. The 'sneak preview' logo is a sticker, so I'm guessing the ship will be released again later this year.

I might go back later this week and try to get another; if not, definitely a rain check.

Meijer also raised the prices on basic figures -- $6.99. They had the OTC biker scout but, between the starfighter and groceries, I couldn't get everything. :D

OC47150
02-14-2005, 08:31 AM
All those nasty things I've said about the Clarksville Target, I take back (at least for now!) I found the new Unleashed there on Saturday. I bought the stormie. He's too cool.

I'll get Aurra next. The spike in Aurra's head is transparent. Everyone I know who've seen it thought it was supposed to be colored. It's something that can be fixed with a little dab of paint.

Ji'dai
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I saw the new Unleashed at Wal-Mart today. I don't collect the line, but they are pretty neat. Since seeing pics of this wave I was wondering what the "Bonus Figure" was... it's a WOTC miniature figure. Even though these sport a heavier cardstock every one was damaged.

Also spotted the new Lightsaber/DVD combo.

I'm disappointed in local stores piecemeal stocking of the ROTS preview wave. What are they waiting for? In a month tons of movie merchandise will be begin shipping out to stores for the April 2 street date.

moulman
02-15-2005, 04:01 PM
ya im kinda disapointed in that as well, only seen a few stores with limited numbers of them-luckily i picked up a set of em

how much was the new ROTS saber/dvd combo going for?

Ji'dai
02-15-2005, 05:27 PM
The Lightsaber/DVD is in OTC packaging and runs about $20.

OC47150
02-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I haven't seen the ROTS previews at the New Albany WM. The Clarksville WM has all except the wookie, which I need. I don't want to pay more than $6 for the figure.

One store will have one line, other stores will have nothing. Meijer has had no ROTS at all (that I've seen) a few CW 2 figures and OTC. It's weird.

moulman
02-15-2005, 09:00 PM
just wondering-do your mejiers carry lego sets? mine have a wide selection but no sw sets.

didn't know if all Meijers didnt carry sw legos or it was just mine...

OC47150
02-16-2005, 08:17 AM
just wondering-do your mejiers carry lego sets? mine have a wide selection but no sw sets.

didn't know if all Meijers didnt carry sw legos or it was just mine...

Not as much as other stores, but yes. Meijer is the only store I've seen a Lego set with one of the light-up figures included. It's the TIE fighter and it was $20.

A new Meijer is scheduled to open in New Albany in late April. It's a few minutes closer to me, so I should be visiting it pretty regularly.

Ji'dai
02-16-2005, 04:07 PM
The local Super Wal-Mart finally dropped their price on the LEGO Cantina set to $10 so I bought all three. Figured I'd better get them since they're sold out at other regional Wal-Marts. The X-Wing is still at 50%.

More Titanium vehicles were stocked too. I saw them in the novelty (junk) toy aisle this time.

K-Mart dropped the price on the 12" VOTC to $15 but someone bought all the Stormtroopers. Just a bunch of Lukes left now.

OC47150
02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I've had a couple of crappy days at work, so I'm gonna hit a couple of stores on the way home tonight. The WM with the most Legos will be on the list.

One of my fellow SW club members picked up a 12" VOTC stormie for me for $5. I'm getting that this weekend. Then I'll have all three.

OC47150
02-17-2005, 09:26 AM
No price changes on the Legos. I will keep checking.

The NA WM finally had ROTS sneaks in stock, but it was only the R2 unit.

Nothing else of significance to report.

Ji'dai
02-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Spotted the Jedi Starfighter for the first time at Super K-Mart, priced to move at $24.99. Haven't seen any preview figs lately. Seems like area Wal-Marts aren't stocking them at all.

OC47150
02-18-2005, 12:41 PM
The starfighter is $20 at Target, if you can find it.

Ji'dai
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Wal-Mart has the Jedi Starfighter in stock now for $20. There were quite a few of them shelved in the flex section in the novelty toy aisle.

TRU has the Wookie Super Soaker in the seasonal area with the rest of the spring/summer toys. It retails for $14.99. The gun is pretty big and makes blaster sounds. Also spotted the Star Wars "space battle" lawn water slide. It's got X-Wings and TIEs on it and books for $9.99. This store has stocked more VOTC but they are still regular price. Saw a couple of Stormtroopers, along with Fett, Yoda, and lots of Lando.

OC47150
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Stupid me bought a third Myo by mistake Saturday night. I'm going to exchange it for a ROTS or CW figure.

My package from shopstarwars.com arrived on Saturday. I ordered the Manga poster so I could get the shop's exclusive ROTS promo trading card.

Ji'dai
02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I've bought figures that I already had too. It's difficult keeping track if you go a long time between finds. Now I keep track of everything with an Excel spreadsheet and a webpage I created.

I haven't seen any preview figures in a long time. I figured the pegs would be overflowing with them by now.

I picked up 3 LEGO X-Wings at Wal-Mart for $13 each. That's about it for the clearance sales in this area. I did see the Hasbro Falcon down to $15 but might hold off and see if it goes below $10.

Ji'dai
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Wal-Mart has freshly stocked ROTS Preview figures. I picked up a set plus an extra Wookie. Lots of Wookies but few R4. But now I can return the $7 figures I bought at TRU. Also spotted the LEGO Starfighter and TIE at Wal-Mart for the first time. I had my hands full of figures so I couldn't price check them.

Today's sightings on other action figure fronts:

Ar, the heathen gods must have lifted their curse since I finally found a case of Pirates of the Caribbean figures at Suncoast. They retail for $11.99. I bought a set of Series I and two extra skeleton pirates.

House of 1,000 Corpses Series I is also in stores. I saw them in Spencers and Suncoast today. Suncoast has them for $11.99; Spencers is a dollar more. The figures include Otis, Dr. Satan, and "All American" Captain Spaulding.

Also saw the LOTR AOME "Heroes and Villians" assortment at Suncoast, $3.99 each.

OC47150
02-23-2005, 03:22 PM
My Sideshow Toys Planet of the Apes astronaunt Taylor figure has shipped. Should have in a few days.

I'll check Lego prices tonight or tomorrow.

OC47150
03-07-2005, 09:36 AM
It's been a good SW buying week.

My WM finally dropped the prices on the Legos to $10. I picked up the cantina and X-wing sets. And at that price, they flew off the shelves.

Since Target was clearancing out SW merchandise to make way for ROTS, I hit 7 of the 8 Targets in my area on Saturday and made off like a bandit.

I got the Dooku and Aurra Sing Unleashed; three Rabe and one Amidala celebration; the new CW Anakin and ARC trooper; ROTS Tion figures on clearance. I also picked up the ROTS Grevious and Wookie at regular price at WM for opening, too.

It was a good Saturday!

Ji'dai
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
TRU has the new Unleashed and the remnants of a case of Clone Wars figures. Also spotted the "Vader Force" water sprinkler in the summer toy section.

There were stocking a case of McFarlane Dragons too. They look pretty cool but I'm not into dragons. I think they run about $12 each.

OC47150
03-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I was surprised Target had already clearanced out the latest Unleashed. They'd been there just about a month, if not less.

moulman
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
gotta lego falcon for 45 at my local WM

Ji'dai
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I got my Falcon for free :D It was unexpected christmas present. I put both the orginal 7190 and the new Falcon together last month. I was really impressed with the newer version. I like the easy access to the interior of the ship. The cockpit access tunnel is better developed and this version actually has a true escape pod. I also liked the mechanism for lowering the ramp. Plus the interior is a little less spartan than the original. The older one looks more like a flying hamburger with those UFO "bun" plates on top and bottom.

My Wal-Mart has changed the price tags on the "E3 Basic Figure" pegs to $5.24, down from $5.88. I wonder if this price will hold through the movie release. I'd really like it to drop back below $5 again.

OC47150
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Rebelscum posted a price list for TRU and figure prices were changed to $5.99. That's good news.

Ji'dai
03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
TRU has Darth Tater, $7.99. Looks cute, if I had kids I'd probably buy one.

Suncoast has the Episode I VHS collector's box set for $3.99. You know the one... what we all paid $25-30 for since they weren't going to release a DVD version. Friggin' Lucasfilm...

Suncoast also has Family Guy Series 2 figures. First time I've seen a nude female blow-up doll as an accessory (she comes with Quagmire). The McFarlane Dragons box set is out too. Also spotted a new line of Terminator figurines, most were miniature busts except for the Endoskeleton, from Mirage.

OC47150
03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Darth Tater is on my to-buy list. Who needs kids? lol

A buddy of mine worked at Blockbuster when the TPM VHS collector's set came out. I was able to use his discount on it. But $4? Wow. It might be worth picking up for an extra film cell.

One of the cereal companies is offering the TPM DVD for a limited time.

One of my collector buddies picked up the new ROTS Pez dispensers. I went looking last night and didn't find them.

I also still haven't found the ROTS Easter eggs, but a friend is going to pick one up for me.

moulman
03-11-2005, 08:30 PM
not too much to talk about this week in my searches... did happen to come upon some Star Wars skittles (The ones with the "Hunt for Greivous Game") at my TRU 2nite. hopefully i can go see if i won anything 2nite, and not wait til april

OC47150
03-13-2005, 02:19 PM
I'll have to check TRU one night this week.

The Clarksville Target had Grevious's Big Wheel and the Obi-Wan starfighter. So much for April 2!

And I'm happy to report that someone finally bought the lone OTC Dago Luke at the Jeff Meijer! No 3.75 figures at all now, just GHs and Sidious Unleashed.

moulman
03-13-2005, 03:17 PM
I was on ebay yesterday and noticed some ROTS legos-clicked into the description and noticed the seller was from Plainfeild. So I started calling all the stores around Plainfeild hoping to hear they had put them out, but to my luck, I couldnt find a store that had them for sale.Owell- probablly got them from somewhere else...

OC47150
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Check Meijer. A buddy called me yesterday to say some of the Louisville Meijers had end caps just full of the new ROTS Legos.

moulman
03-13-2005, 04:26 PM
thanks bud- I prolly shoulda just asked the seller, atho he might of not told me in hopes i would just bid on his auctions

Ji'dai
03-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Spotted three cases of E3 basic figures still on the pallet at K-Mart this morning. The cases have the "do not display until April 2" on them but since they were already open I went through them. The figures were all Collection 2, I think nos. 13-24. I scanned a "pregnant" Padme and it came up $6.99.

I also saw the "Star Wars" Easter egg with stickers in it at Wal-Mart.

OC47150
03-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Were you able to buy them? A fellow collector found some over the weekend but the figs scanned 'do not sell before April 2'.

A buddy picked up two of the Easter eggs for my niece and nephew's baskets. I still haven't seen them. He has one for me, too.

Ji'dai
03-14-2005, 12:40 PM
At $7 each, I didn't even think about buying them, OC. I used one of those customer price scanners to check the price, so no messages about not selling them.

I saw the Easter eggs in the aisle with the rest of the Easter novelty stuff. They were in a cardboard tray with other licensed-character eggs.

OC47150
03-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I've been reading the stories this morning about people finding the figures at Kmart and not being able to buy them.

Kidhuman
03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
I found the Unleashed today at K-Mart and bought it. Then they wouldnt sell me the Force Battlers. :confused: :beard:

Ji'dai
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Of course the real mystery is why one would want to buy the Force Battlers ;)

K-Mart apparently put the cases of E3 figures back in the stockroom.

Saw a new Darth Vader-helmet kite at TRU today. It was quite large, 33"x34", made of rip-stop polyester with fiberglass spars. From the Kite Factory, $9.99.

moulman
03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Well it may be the illiterate people at meijer, or it may be that im just lucky, but i scored all the ROTS lego sets (except vader transformation) today at their avon location. Now if i can only restrain myself from not doing them all in one night