PDA

View Full Version : to the poor: Layaway!

Darth Detori
05-27-2002, 09:50 AM
I read every now and then about people looking and finding new figures but not having the money for all of them and so they just leave them only to have to hunt for them again. I'm probably going to go out early tomorrow on a new figure hunt and to pick up Harry Potter, but it hadn't occured to me that I have, like, $25 total. Then I remembered that little trick I used to do at Wal-Mart when I was younger- it works better than hiding stuff and it'll be held there for three months.
I'll probably do this when I find an ultimate Jango as well. I think layaway is only 10-15% as well.

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Yeah but hiding is more fun :happy:

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 11:01 AM
So how does layaway work at Wal-Mart? Do you pay 10% and just let it sit there for three months until you can pay it off, or do you have to make regular installment payments on it?

Beast
05-27-2002, 01:33 PM
BigB, you are correct. Wal-Mart's layaway is 10% down and you can leave it in there 3 months without paying anything. I have used it a few times, back in the days of the HTF E1 figures I was able to grab all the hard to find figures I needed, as well as a couple for trade bait that way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah but how do you know if it's going to stay in good shape back in layaway?

LTBasker
05-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Most of the time the stuff does, just depends on what kind of stuff you have, how much you have and if they have any boxes that will fit it since they don't use their own special types of boxes, they just use left-over boxes from stuff that was stocked.