PDA

View Full Version : The Saga toys are now starting to fly off pegs!!

JediDan
05-27-2002, 10:02 AM
I have been noticing lately that alot of the stores I shop at are slowly selling their SW figs. When the movie came out the pegs were full, now they are about half full. And these are the quote "pegwamers" that are selling. So glad to see them start selling more now. Maybe the newer waves will be easier to find since stores will (hopefully) order more figures.

Right now the biggest pegwamers seem to be Jar Jar, Jango Kamino Escape, Anakin Peasant, and Cpt. Typho. Hard to find is anything new (even Qui-Gon) Yoda and Dooku.

bigbarada
05-27-2002, 10:07 AM
I've noticed a lot more kids rummaging through the aisle than ever since the line rebooted in 1995. A good sign.:)

JediDan
05-27-2002, 10:22 AM
Yes I too have noticed alot more kids looking through the SW pegs. That's a good thing. Glad to see a whole new generation get into what I grew up with and loved so much.

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 11:19 AM
There's still tons of figures around here. All crappy...

JON9000
05-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Oh come on now! Jango KE is simply awesome! I think there only a handful ever made that are better sculpted, and have more play value than Jango. Even has a firing rocket! $5.99?!

LTBasker
05-27-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks to Jango and the new prices they have no way to justify making the 300th Boba Fett a $10 statue when it was out. :p

Too bad Episode 1 had to suffer so much, just think of what we could've seen if they had had good prices on the figures. While AOTC was better than TPM, still though, had they had they not been so greedy then they probably would've gotten more sells.

2-1B
05-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Yoda was basically a pegwarmer around here until the movie was released, now I don't see him at all. :)

JediDan
05-27-2002, 03:34 PM
Yes same here Caesar. I've seen kids looking and asking for him and just him alone. Looks like the kids made a connection with the little green guy. :D

Beast
05-27-2002, 03:42 PM
"Yoda. You seek Yoda." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
05-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Yoda, a pegwarmer?? I have yet to see him! I want him!

JediDan
05-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Well he was before the movie was released, now he is a very hard find.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-27-2002, 10:23 PM
It all depends on where you go. I frequently visit 2 Wal Marts, a Target and a TRU in the vicinity of where I live. The Wal-Mart in my town is basically empty as far as figures are concerned (I think they had only 5 or 6 different figures left). Contrast that with a Wal-Mart down the road and you'd think no one even knew there was a Star Wars aisle in the store. It dosn't help that that Wal-Mart is located near a TRU, Target, a KB and a strip mall. The TRU I went to last week had tons of figures, 2 bins full plus about 20 pegs full in a special locale and another 8 pegs in where Star Wars regularly sells. I don't doubt those figures will sell, but it seems it will take some time. Slowly but surely they should start to clear.

And yes, I was behind a kid too who was looking for Yoda, but to no avail, there wasn't one in the store.

Battle Droid
05-28-2002, 12:15 AM
I had too look thru a few hundred figures at Wal-Mart today, absolutely No Dooku's, Yoda's, or Hanger Duel Anakin's.

I wish they were flying off the shelves here, so they'd stock them with new releases.

gibbspaulus
05-28-2002, 03:37 AM
I went to my local TRU on Sunday and the checkout chick said that the figures are going off the shelves like mad, that some one is filling them up all day. They were pretty wasted it has to be said!

Forhekset
05-28-2002, 08:13 AM
Yoda was never a peg-warmer in my area, and I'm sure he won't be now after everyone's seen him in the movie.

I've noticed the past week or so that I'm seeing more and more kids rifling through the pegs like the older guys (like me) do, looking for the elusive figs. That's nice to see. :) Hopefully now places like TRU and Wal-Mart (which still have the same crap selection they did on 4/23) will sell all their pegwarmers and put out new waves sometime in the next decade.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Yoda CERTAINLY wasn't warming the pegs here. The big pegwarmers are all of the JEDI figures. I heard one kid say, "Hey! The legs don't move all the way. This is (crummy). Mom! Don't buy me the Jedi guys they all look like they're dancing!"

I HAD to snicker after hearing that. :happy:

Jedi Juice
05-28-2002, 05:55 PM
I thought it was pretty cool when an adult asked me, a 17 yr old, if I found any Dooku's as I was leaving TRU one day. I told him there was one left so he'd better hurry up before someone else got it. Anyway, that's my story.

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Sometimes we get along and cooperate. That's nice. :happy:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I makes me feel good that so many kids are now starting to get into SW stuff again. I was in a KB a couple of weeks ago when a kid came in and got excited that they had a red basic lightsaber. He then debated about whether he wanted that one or the old deluxe DM lightsaber.

Then I went to a WM after the opening weekend for EP2 and they were almost dry of Saga figures. The toy manager said they just got swamped from kids seeing the movie and wanting the stuff.

Sorry, it just makes me feel teary-eyed that so many kids are forsaking the dreaded beyblades and wrestling figures for SW. :cry:

jjreason
05-29-2002, 01:47 PM
Pretty cool. Im the only adult Ive ever seen looking for SW stuff up here. The kids have done a great job clearing out the stock, too. We only have one store carrying the toys, and there were only 5 or 6 figures TOTAL left as of yesterday. 3 Dexters, a Nikto Jedi, and 2 Jar Jars. I hope that means the refills are on the way.

Jedi Law Student
05-30-2002, 02:22 PM
My local Wal-Mart has plenty of the figures that were released on 4/23 with the usual exceptions: HD Anakin, Yoda, and Count Dooku. The newly released figures sell out pretty quickly. One night, I must have seen at least 10 Endor Rebel Soldiers; the next time I went there, there were none. But what I've noticed is that the speeders are selling like hotcakes! My Wal-Mart is sold out of them. At Toys 'R Us the other day, I saw one of Zam's Speeder sitting on the peg all by itself. I think it's a combination of nifty design, cool packaging, and reasonable pricing. :cool: