PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Definative Collection (Laserdiscs)

Beast
05-27-2002, 05:05 PM
I decided for Memorial Day to sit back and watch my Star Wars Trilogy Laserdisc boxed set again. I haven't for a while, cause I hate flipping the discs every 30 minutes. But so far I'm a fourth of the way into Star Wars, and I just figured I would share my thoughts as I enjoy the original versions. Man, I so need to get a DVD burner and transfer these to DVD. :)

So far, I am liking the first Star Wars, more then I usually do. Usually it falls on the bottom of the pile when I wanna watch one. I dunno, just somthing about the pacing just leaves me feeling tired and bored, during most of it. But I think AOTC's excited me about the ANH more. I tingle with anticipation at the shots of the Death Star I know that are coming up, because I saw the plans in AOTC's. Not to mention, Obi-Wan's joke of Anakin "being the death of me" comes full circle.

I dunno, to me ANH is feeling more like the concluding chapter of the prequels, with only a little bit of the start of a new chapter about the rebellion. I get a deeper sense of the rebellion and what they are fighting for in ESB and ROTJ, then I ever did in ANH. I know, probably sounds silly to alot of you, I just felt like sharing some thoughts and opinons as I watched the movies again. It's like I am seeing them in a new light. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-28-2002, 10:05 AM
ANH is my favorite of the saga. It sets the tone and pace for all that followed. It introduces all the main characters of the saga. And it's cheap but effective style is now retro-uber-cool because it's inventive style and low budget Special Effects still hold up against the digital magic of AOTC because the story was so good.

And hurry up with the DVD burner so you can send me a set. ;)