PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Coke is great!

2-1B
05-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Whaddya think ?

I went into my first taste of it with many preconceived notions.
I like my root beer to have a strong taste of vanilla, but wasn't so sure about cola. I was pleased to find that I love it! Still has the great taste of Coke with a nice flavor added. Reminds me of slugging down the melted remnants of a Coke Float as a kid (okay, as an adult too ;) ). And for the record, I do not work for the Coca-Cola company. :D

Dar' Argol
05-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Sorry Caesar, not a real big fan of Coke. After I relized it need a Hazardous Material sign on tankers carrying the syrup, it kinda turned me away. That and it will take rust off a Nail in 3 days!! I'm a Mountain Dew kinda guy. I know, I know, not much better!

I miss Crystal Pepsi:(

Beast
05-27-2002, 06:47 PM
I love it also, to bad so far I have only seen it in 20 ouncers. I love the flavor, like you said tastes just like a melted coke float. I actually quit drinking Coke, cause I couldn't stand the taste of it anymore. My primary soda now is delicious Wild Cherry Pepsi. Vanilla Coke, if it gets out there in 2 liters I will definatly be buying as well, as my second favorite pop. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I miss Pepsi Clear, too! There was just a slight different taste to CP (or PC) than regular Pepsi.

I have seen Vanilla Coke, but only in 20oz sizes (not worth the price per ounce). I'll wait until I see a 2 liter or 6-pack to try it out.

2-1B
05-27-2002, 06:57 PM
Bel-Cam, I respect your economic decision, but around here they are doing a 2 for 1 promo . . . not sure if they honor that arrangement in Chandrila. :D

For the record, I've never been big on Pepsi, in fact if they made Vanilla Pepsi I might not like it either. :(
Bring back Clear Gravy ! ! ! (old SNL bit :p )

Beast
05-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Come on Caesar, give Wild Cherry Pepsi a try. I bet you like it. It's my #1 favorite pop, and I am pretty discriminating when it comes to soda flavors. Faygo is pretty good as well, but it's not avaliable nationwide. They have some really intresting flavors in that line. Candy Apple, Peach, and Pineapple-Orange some examples. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediDan
05-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Yuck!!! I hated it!!! I love Coke but I couldn't stand "cream soda" Coke. I'll stick with Pepsi twist and Sunkist.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Hearing "pop" brings me back to younger days in Ohio. Now whenever I go back for vacations and I ask for "soda," I get odd looks. No such 2-for-1 deals here in Southern "Chandrilla" California. :( Yet. ;)

Best soda, ur, "pops" of all time for me:
10) Cactus Cooler
9) Pepsi Free
8) 7-Up
7) Grape Crush
6) RC Cola
5) Orange Crush
4) Orange Fanta
3) Crystal Pepsi/Pepsi Clear
2) Mountain Dew
1) Welch's Pineapple

Dar' Argol
05-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Bel-Cam Jos, you forgot:

Shasta Cola, all the flavors
RC Cola
Mellow Yellow
TAB

and a few other's I cannot remember at this time:rolleyes:.

Oh yeah, I remember another

JOLT!!!!!!!

2-1B
05-27-2002, 08:17 PM
Dar' Argol, what about Jolt's cousin, Kick ? :p

Bel-Cam, you forgot Sun Drop ! :D

Binks, Wild Cherry Pepsi is tolerable - but it's no Cherry Coke. ;)

The "pop" vs. "soda" debate . . . I don't want to fuel the fire, but I will never call it "pop". It's a regional thing, not just state to state but within my state as well. :p

My favorite sodas:

Coca-Cola Classic
Coke II
New Coke
Vanilla Coke :p
Cherry Coke
Sun Drop
Sunkist
Baumeister
Code Red
Ting

A big ol' Yuck to Lemon Colas of any kind. :dead:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Ahhh soda. Time to wax nostalgia . . .

I remember as a kid (a real young kid) pop was scarce in my house. I don't think my mom bought it simply because she told us it rots your teeth, gives you ulcers and if you drink enough, it's bound to burn a hole right through your stomach. Whenever pop was to be spotted, yours truly would guzzle it down, like a shot of tequila. Most of the time though we had stuff like Five Alive (ungodly stuff) and OJ to drink.

As I got older and earned an allowance, I started to make runs to the store on my bike and every Saturday (for years it seemed like) I would buy a can of pop (or if I was in the mood, New York Seltzer) and a pack of baseball cards (a waste of $$$). I would never buy the same brand of pop instead switching from week to week the different brands. I remember swigging different kinds of root beer (Dad's, Barqs, Hires, A&W, Mug and Wil's a local favorite) and cola (Pepsi, Coke, RC and Jolt!) sorta like being a wine connoseuir except I was dealing with carbonated beverages. Sometimes I would plug money on Snapple, or Loganberry another local favorite.

Then in my teen years, for some reason, my mother would start to buy pop regularly and every day I had at least one can of pop.

I also remember going down South to Houston to visit my Aunt. I saw a pop called Big Red and I just had to try it. Blecch! It tasted like Bubble gum soda. Anyone else had this pop before?

Anyway, to cut short my ramblings, pop is still a major part of my diet. When I go out with my friends, I am always the designated driver because I'd rather have a glass of coke instead of rum or most other alcohol (athough I am partial to coke and amarettos but I never have more than 2 or 3 a night).

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 12:07 AM
Big Red is one of my favorite sodas! I also like any Cream Soda and IBC Root Beer (IBC is really expensive though, so A&W or Barqs are acceptable substitutes).

Vanilla Coke is great, my current favorite. Of course, Code Red Mountain Dew and Pepsi Twists were my favorites for a while when they first came out too. Once the novelty wears off, though, I think I will still like Vanilla Coke.

Fanta Orange soda is great also, but I prefer the stuff you get in Germany over the Fanta here in the states.

Wild Cherry Pepsi is great, but whenever I go to a movie I ALWAYS drink Cherry Coke, it just gets me in the mood to watch a movie I guess.

187-Maul
05-28-2002, 09:04 AM
well here in france isn't a big variety of coke's but I remember from a fw years back in the netherlands there was a delicious 7upIceCola
it was clear as 7up and tastes great, too bad it was only availible for about 6 months:(
BTW at the moment I mostly drink Sprite and Lipton Ice Tea

JEDIpartner
05-28-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Hearing "pop" brings me back to younger days in Ohio. Now whenever I go back for vacations and I ask for "soda," I get odd looks.

I say "soda" as well and I DO live in OHIO...! :D They all think I'm weird anyhow.

I'd love to find some of this stuff... I haven't seen it here in Ohio as of yet. I'm kinda waiting to see what this Pepsi Blue is going to be like.

I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but my favourite soda costs me dearly... Mitsuya Cider, from Japan. I get it from a Japanese grocery outlet in Los Angeles.

Dooku Fett
05-28-2002, 04:21 PM
I say pop. Anything else sounds weird. I'll have to buy a can of Vanilla Coke from the machine at WalMart...

JediDan
05-28-2002, 06:02 PM
Pop man here. Soda comes from fountains not pop machines. LOL ;) :D

Bel-Cam Jos
05-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Bleeachkt Red? Yuck!
TAB? Double-yuck!
I thought about the Shasta flavors.
Never heard of SunDrop.
Forgot about NY Seltzers! A sorta soda, I guess.

By the way, that was my list:

By ME:
Best soda, ur, "pops" of all time for me:

And... I did have RC Cola, Dar'! You owe us all a bad Song Lyric of Shame now! ;)

Mike Troxell
05-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Best Soda...
1. Diet Coke
2. Diet Sprite
3. Diet Pepsi
4. Diet Coke with Lemon
5. Diet Doctor Pepper

Worst Soda...

Along the same lines as Birch Beer and Root Beer, has anyone tried a product called Ginger Beer? If not, never try it. It makes your sinuses burn to drink it.
Also, diet orange soda.

P.S., I'm a diet man, so regular soda may still be good. It's been over a year now since I started the diet soda kick. Sniff....score one for the diet team!

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2002, 10:27 PM
I have yet to find the vanilla coke anywhere here. I cant wait to try it though, because it sounds really good. As far as the soft drinks I prefer, I usually go for either Mt Dew, Coke, or Dr Pepper.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-29-2002, 12:25 AM
BTW does anyone remember Chocolate Faygo pop?

My grandmother had loads of Faygo in her refrigerator and I found most of the flavors revolting. Chocolate especially. I think the bad taste is permanently etched on my taste bud.

I'm also reminded of a 3 Liter bottle of stuff simply called "Red Pop," that sold at Rite Aids for 99 cents. I bought it because it was cheap and I thought it was a cherry flavor, but instead it tasted like watermelon. Almost vomited on the spot (ok, I really didn't)

And while we are on the subject of bad pop, does anyone remember the "worcheister soda" from the Simpsons?

And Jango--I saw the Canes game tonight. I thought it was over when Toronto tied the game with a minute left. The momentum I thought would be in their favor. But they are a gritty bunch those Canes. If Detroit doesn't make the finals, I am definitely rooting for Carolina.

Dar' Argol
05-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
And... I did have RC Cola, Dar'! You owe us all a bad Song Lyric of Shame now! ;)

D'oh!! ok, how about this??

"Partical Man, Partical Man. Doing the things a Partical can.
What's he like? Its not important. Partical Man."

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
And Jango--I saw the Canes game tonight. I thought it was over when Toronto tied the game with a minute left. The momentum I thought would be in their favor. But they are a gritty bunch those Canes. If Detroit doesn't make the finals, I am definitely rooting for Carolina.

Who in hell would have known Carolina would have made it this far? I'm totally shocked.

Anyways, back to the subject...

Has anyone tried a soda called Guarana'? It's a Brazilian soda that's made from a regional fruit of the same name (Sobe also puts it into their swill). Pepsi made an American version a few years ago called Josta, but they've since discontinued it. Man, that's some good stuff. It has even more caffeine than Moose Wizz, a.k.a., Mountain Dew. I think it's listed as the third or fourth ingredient, unlike cola which is last.

I gotta agree with you Jar Jar. That cherry pepsi/coke stuff is great. I put it third on my list after Guarana and Dr. Pepper.

stillakid
05-29-2002, 11:14 AM
I was about to reply to the initial "pop" mention but then I kept scrolling! It'll always be pop to me, but my California native kids keep calling it soda. I'll learn 'em a good one...:crazed:

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Okay... I found the soda today and I like it! I'm more of a diet soda guy, but this is good as a "desert substitute"! :D

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I have yet to find the vanilla coke anywhere here. I cant wait to try it though, because it sounds really good. As far as the soft drinks I prefer, I usually go for either Mt Dew, Coke, or Dr Pepper.

Ahhhh! THANK YOU JangoFett96! I was starting to think that no one here had heard of Dr. Pepper but me:cool: DP is the best soda ever; I can't begin to count how many I proably went through in High School. I was on a continual sugar-high for four years:D

I like Coke also, and I look forward to trying Vanilla Coke, but I haven't seen it here in Dallas yet. I worked at a Haagen Dazs ice cream shoppe throuhgout high school also, and we used to make our own vanilla Coke because we actually had Vanilla syrup on hand. Those were quite tasty.

QLD
05-29-2002, 01:24 PM
I like Vanilla Coke.

It tastes like someone spilled Coke in my Cream Soda. Liek Cream Soda with a bit more "edge" to it.

stillakid
05-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Yet there hasn't been anything quite like a good JOLT.

QLD
05-29-2002, 03:03 PM
They re-released JOLT a while back I think. I always thought JOLT tasted like crap. I mean, it's "cool" and all to have so much caffiene, but it tastes like poodoo.

ALso RC released RC Edge a while back. It's a JOLT rip off. It tastes just as crappy too.

Jonna
05-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
They re-released JOLT a while back I think. I always thought JOLT tasted like crap. I mean, it's "cool" and all to have so much caffiene, but it tastes like poodoo.

ALso RC released RC Edge a while back. It's a JOLT rip off. It tastes just as crappy too.

They also have Orange Jolt now. Which I love but will strip the enamel off your teeth!:crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Has anyone else heard that the flavor in Dr. Pepper is supposed to be prunes?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-30-2002, 12:43 AM
I had a vanilla coke today for the first time today, and yes, it is a cream soda rip off. I guess things got a little boring at the Coke factory, so they had to spice things up.

I'll stick to my usual sodas.

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 01:27 AM
I'm also reminded of a 3 Liter bottle of stuff simply called "Red Pop," that sold at Rite Aids for 99 cents. I bought it because it was cheap and I thought it was a cherry flavor, but instead it tasted like watermelon. Almost vomited on the spot (ok, I really didn't)

And while we are on the subject of bad pop, does anyone remember the "worcheister soda" from the Simpsons? I believe Red Pop (or something REALLY similar in name and also in a 3-liter bottle), which I've seen at Pic-n-Sav and the 99-cent-store, is made by Shasta because their own vile slop isn't "extreme" enough to interest most kids these days. I used to like Shasta, but ever since they released those 3-liter bottles out here, they can't make one good flavored soft drink.

Oh, and as to that other thing: "Mmm... steaky!" :D

I also miss Crystal Pepsi, it had a unique taste and was caffine-free (I'm very sensitive to caffine, so I rarely get to enjoy Cherry Coke anymore). I couldn't believe when Pepsi changed Crystal Pepsi from its cola-esque flavor to lemon-lime, that was so pointless and cruel to re-release it only with a different, inferior flavor.

Cactus Cooler rules! So does Squirt and Ruby Red Squirt!!! I used to like RC Cola, but as I got older, it seemed more syrupy like Pepsi and acidy like Coke, so I dropped 'em all for the most part. When I lived in Arizona, they had Mello Yello instead of Mountain Dew, but I felt that Yello is too sweet compared to the Dew.

When the replacement for Slice (Pepsi's pathetic competitor with Coke's Sprite and the superior 7-Up) came out a while back "Sierra Mist", I thought it was pretty good - crisp and refreshing and a good balance of salty carbonation and sweetness - but over the past 6 months or so, the stuff has gone WAY downhill, now it's just a syrupy sweet Slice clone.

Up until recently, I was enjoying a can of caffine-free Coke or Pepsi a day, but when I got my first cavity after 26 years of no holes, I dropped all regular consumption of carbonation drinks - now whenever I go to McDonalds I get Hi-C Orange (or Fruit Punch if no Orange). Other than that, I've found that there are a few "natural" brands that make surprisingly good cola without too much carbonation or acidity and without caffine.

stillakid
05-30-2002, 01:37 AM
A year or so back, I found a "new" pop at a little market on Kanan Dume Rd called "Jones Soda." Mmmm! Lots of great flavors like Apple, Blueberry, and others. Ralph's just started carrying it a couple months ago. Check it out!

http://www.jonessoda.com

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 01:11 PM
I had a vanilla coke today for the first time today, and yes, it is a cream soda rip off. I guess things got a little boring at the Coke factory, so they had to spice things up.

I'll stick to my usual sodas.

Actually, it's just a mass-produced version of what every soda parlor used to do in the 50s and 60s. Mention a Vanilla Coke to almost any person who was growing up back then and they'll remember drinking them all the time. Same thing with Cherry Coke, it started out in Soda Parlors and Coke saw something they could market, so they mass-produced it.:) The money baby, it's all about the money! :D

bigbarada
05-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Has anyone ever tried an Orange Coke? They were really big when I was in Germany; but I never drank one.

Beast
05-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Orange Coke? That just sounds weird. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mike Troxell
05-30-2002, 04:46 PM
Mmmm...multi-flavored coke.

They serve Chocolate Coke at Hershey, PA (home of Hershey's chocolate)'s tourist attraction Chocolate World. For all I know it's just chocolate syrup in Coke, but it knocks your socks off :) Haven't had it since I went diet........I wonder if they'll make me a diet chocolate coke.

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Stilla, Jones Soda has been out here in LA for at least 2 years, my sister and her kid were to be on one of their labels a while back. It was just not as widely accepted back then. I used to dig their alternative flavors, but they added caffine to most of them so I stopped buyin'.

stillakid
05-30-2002, 11:24 PM
Anybody remember this:

Swarthy and dirty cowboy saddles up to a dry dusty Old Western bar. He throws down a large suitcase.

"Gimme some dry, salty crackers," he says.

The bartender looks at him like he's nuts, but delivers the goods. After savoring the bone dry snack, the cowboy unlatches the suitcase, opening it to reveal....

Anyone? :cool:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Charlie McCarthy?

Howdy Doody?

Gabbo?

What then?!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Has anyone ever tried an Orange Coke? They were really big when I was in Germany; but I never drank one.

Has anyone tried a brand by the name of Stewart's? I think they sell this stuff at Cracker Barrel restaurant. They make a root beer. but even better, they make an orange soda that tastes just like an orange vanilla float. I believe it is called an orange and cream soda. It is pretty good.
:)

2-1B
05-31-2002, 02:23 AM
Stewart's is good, not as good as Baumeister or Sprecher. :cool:

I never had Orange Coke, but I've made Sunkist Floats and they are delicious.

I tried chocolate cola a looong time ago, but didn't care for it. I doubt I would now, either. Odd, since I love Vanilla. :happy:

JediTricks
05-31-2002, 03:44 AM
Stewarts? They sell it out here in all sorts of different stores, I picked up a 6-pack of Stewarts' Cherry Limeade yesterday at a local Wal Mart. My favorite flavor of theirs is Key Lime, but they have so many good, old-fashioned flavors. That Orange Creme soda of their's is like a 50/50 bar, it's REALLY good.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Stewart's is great. But I think it's something like a buck for a small bottle. Love that 50/50 bar soda!

Hey, has anyone tried a Dr. Pepper float? Just curious how it would taste.

stillakid
05-31-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Anybody remember this:

Swarthy and dirty cowboy saddles up to a dry dusty Old Western bar. He throws down a large suitcase.

The bartender looks at him like he's nuts, but delivers the goods. After savoring the bone dry snack, the cowboy unlatches the suitcase, opening it to reveal....

Anyone? :cool:

No takers yet?

I'd go ahead and end the suspense, but I need the go ahead from BB. I don't want to appear like a superior being by responding too quickly to this. ;)

Jayspawn
05-31-2002, 01:41 PM
I tried the Vanilla Coke the night it came out. Not too bad. It took me a few sips to get used to, a vanilla drink that is.

Pepsi Twist is very tasty also.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-31-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Yeah, Stewart's is great. But I think it's something like a buck for a small bottle. Love that 50/50 bar soda!

Hey, has anyone tried a Dr. Pepper float? Just curious how it would taste.

ManCan, I actually work at an ice cream parlor (it's the family business) and we have Dr. Pepper Floats. Ironically, I made one today, probably the second one I made in the two years we've had that pop. Root Beer, Pepsi, 7Up, even Diet Pepsi outsells Dr. P.

And Stillakid, let me guess, the cowboy opens his suitcase to reveal . . . Ovaltine! Rich chocolatey Ovaltine. Be sure to drink it. ;)

stillakid
06-01-2002, 12:08 AM

And Stillakid, let me guess, the cowboy opens his suitcase to reveal . . . Ovaltine! Rich chocolatey Ovaltine. Be sure to drink it. ;)

Sorry. You don't advance to the bonus round. But you do get some nice parting gifts...like Rice a Roni, the San Francisco Treat. :)

JediTricks
06-01-2002, 02:35 AM
Hey Stilla, just a wild stab in the dark, but is it "Cactus Cooler"?

stillakid
06-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Hey Stilla, just a wild stab in the dark, but is it "Cactus Cooler"?

Sorry. Please exit stage right. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2002, 11:57 AM
It's "new Coke!" The next shot in the commercial is of a swarthy and dirty cowboy hanging from a tree at dusk. :p

bandontherun
06-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Sorry Caesar, not a real big fan of Coke. After I relized it need a Hazardous Material sign on tankers carrying the syrup, it kinda turned me away. That and it will take rust off a Nail in 3 days!! I'm a Mountain Dew kinda guy. I know, I know, not much better!

What was Crystal Pepsi?

I didn't know vanilla Coke was out yet. I haven't seen it, but a few people I know were given samples at their businesses, and they said that it was excellent. Does anyone know when it will be available to the general public?

Mike Troxell
06-01-2002, 01:30 PM
It is available. The soda machines at my school with 20 oz. bottles serve it.

QLD
06-01-2002, 01:53 PM
Was it Surge?

Dooku Fett
06-01-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Was it Surge?

It's like Mountain Dew but has a different kind of taste. I havn't had one of those in ages...

QLD
06-01-2002, 02:31 PM
Surge was OK. But I think they quit making it because it wasn't selling too great. The ads were stupid too.

Dooku Fett
06-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Oh! I thought you asked "What is Surge?" I thought you messed up. Oops :o

QLD
06-01-2002, 03:35 PM
I never make mistakes!!!!!!

:D

stillakid
06-01-2002, 04:32 PM
Ok, I'll tell you so y'all can get some sleep. ;)

Originally posted by stillakid

...the inside is full of ice. He reaches in and pulls out an ice cold TEEM soda.

Dar' Argol
06-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Dooku Fett

It's like Mountain Dew but has a different kind of taste. I havn't had one of those in ages...

Actually I thought it tasted like non alchoholic Zima!! Same type of taste to it.

Crystal Pepsi was the "Next Big Thing" from Pepsi. They had a lot of ads running at the time with Van Halen's "Right Now" playing in the background. Its been so long I really can remember what it tasted like but I remember I liked it.

2-1B
06-21-2002, 11:13 PM
I think it's pretty cool that Coke is using Chazz Palminteri in their Vanilla ads. :cool:

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2002, 11:15 PM
I finally got some of this Vanilla Coke. You were right Caesar, its very good.
Now I drink it alot. My dad hates it though. But thats ok, hes just weird. :)

figrin bran
06-21-2002, 11:16 PM
i tried it for the first time last night and now i'll be drinking it a lot more :)

Mike Troxell
06-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Has anyone seen Diet Vanilla Coke or is this not going to happen?

QLD
06-22-2002, 01:51 PM
I had another one the other day. Still tastes like someone spilled Coke in my Cream Soda. Not bad, but not something I would drink often.

Beast
06-22-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm starting to see 2-liter bottles of Vanilla Coke turning up in my area now. Whoo Hooo. Now I have to decide between Cherry Pepsi and Vanilla Coke. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-22-2002, 02:34 PM
I think a 2 liter would make me sick. It's too sweet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I saw Eckerd Drug Stores advertising 12pack cases of Vanilla Coke in the local paper. They had four cases for nine bucks plus deposit. I am having a graduation party tomorrow so it looks like I am going to stock up on Vanilla Coke and other assorted pops.

jjreason
06-24-2002, 04:01 PM
It's sweet but very good. I buy the 500ml size and it lasts 2 days. Brilliant plan, it's an ice cream float without the mess. Yay Coke!

Exhaust Port
06-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Does anyone remember 7-UP Gold? It made an appearance in Northeast Ohio in the mid to late 80's for 2 summers then disappeared. It was a spice flavored soda is all I can say. Man it was great! I fell in love with the stuff then overnight it was gone.

Crystal Pepsi was pretty good from what I remember. At first I think they were saying that it was suppose to taste like Pepsi but without the color. I never thought it tasted like Pepsi at all but it was good none the less. It was all during that brief fad of making things "clear."

My girlfriend is all excited about Vanilla Coke. She loves going to resturants that have the option of adding Vanilla extract to the Coke but now she can have it anytime. I've only stolen a sip or 2 from her. It's not to bad, I don't know if I'd care for more than a can every month or 2.

2-1B
06-25-2002, 12:56 AM
I went ahead with my experiment of pouring a bottle of Cherry Coke into a 32oz cup with a bottle of Vanilla Coke. I had hoped to create a super concoction of two of my favorite soda(pop)s, and you know what?

It wasn't too good. Here's why:
I love cherry, I love vanilla, I love Coke. 2 of the 3 in a combo is great, but all 3 is too much! I don't doubt that a cherry vanilla soda would taste great, but the Coke is the wildcard here. I love Coke all by itself, so it counts as one flavor.

Hence, if Jolly Good ever makes a cherry-vanilla drink, I'm all over it. :D

stillakid
06-25-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I went ahead with my experiment of pouring a bottle of Cherry Coke into a 32oz cup with a bottle of Vanilla Coke. I had hoped to create a super concoction of two of my favorite soda(pop)s, and you know what?

It wasn't too good. Here's why:
I love cherry, I love vanilla, I love Coke. 2 of the 3 in a combo is great, but all 3 is too much! I don't doubt that a cherry vanilla soda would taste great, but the Coke is the wildcard here. I love Coke all by itself, so it counts as one flavor.

Hence, if Jolly Good ever makes a cherry-vanilla drink, I'm all over it. :D

Zoicks! It's Rick again!

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 01:53 PM

Yea me too dude!!!!
I do like Coke as a regular cola though. And this new Vanilla Coke is reminesant of when I used to mix Coke or Pepsi with Ice Cream.:D They just recently released diet code red. But I am not sure if I have seen 32oz of Code Red yet?

darthvyn
06-25-2002, 02:09 PM
Bring back Clear Gravy ! ! ! (old SNL bit :p )

how about cookie dough sport?

darthvyn
06-25-2002, 02:12 PM
I think it's pretty cool that Coke is using Chazz Palminteri in their Vanilla ads. :cool:

really? that's funny.

i really liked the joe montegna bercedes benz commercials. it really gave them an air of sophisticated every-day joe. a classy working class.

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Is there a Lemon Coke out there? All these flavors have been around for a while mixed in old fashioned style soda shops.

DarthBrandon
07-04-2002, 12:39 AM
I bought some today, and I must say it was better than I thought it was going to be. Dam good taste.

Mike Troxell
07-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Yes, there is Coke with Lemon.

master jedi
07-05-2002, 02:31 PM
I personally hate Vanilla Coke. It tastes like creame soda and I don't really care for cream soda. I cant taste any coke in Vanilla Coke when the commercials said that it tastes like coke with a lite vanilla taste to it.

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 01:04 AM
To me vanilla coke tastes like rum and coke.

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 11:16 AM
MAN I live in Australia. I really want to taste it. I love cremy soda so that means I will love it!!!!!

conli olper
07-06-2002, 02:56 PM
why dont you just sell your soul to a multinational corporation while youre at it. you know, they get that vanilla/cola flavour by mixing hundreds of volatile chemicals, all of which are difficult to spell.

Jason B
07-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Under your posts, there's an EDIT button. Hit it, and you don't have to repost to fix an error. :)
How did I miss this thread!?!
I Love Caffeine. Let me repeat this. I Love Caffeine. Therefore, I love drinks such as Surge {RIP}, RC Edge {RIP}, Jolt, Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew: Code Red, Mountain Lightning (Wal * Mart version of the Dew), and other stuff like that. I have a 2 or a 3 litre bottle of something caffeinated sittin' next to me as often as possible. It's usually ML, as it's super cheap. (60 or 70 cents for a 2 Litre, $1.10 for a 3 litre, my prices are off, but not by much.)
WHERE IS JOLT?!!?!?! I can't find it anywhere, I thought it went out like Surge did. (haha, nvm, JoltCola.com (http://www.joltcola.com). :D)
Yep, I'm going to have to start buying it online. This stuff is worth it. hehehehehheh (http://www.wetplanet.com/store/Product.cfm?categoryid=6&Productid=31) ;)
BTW: Sorry if my post was confusing, I was doing other stuff, and finding other stuff as I was typing this out. ;)

dingodad
07-07-2002, 11:43 PM
My local 7-11 has vanilla coke in the fountain despensers. i like to go to sonic between 3 and 5 o'clock(happy hour) and order a route44 chocolate diet coke easy on the ice. thats good drinkin'.
here in Texas, most folks refer to any carbonated drink as a "coke". "Hey Billy, you wanta coke?"
"Sure, dr. pepper."

2-1B
07-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by conli olper
why dont you just sell your soul to a multinational corporation while youre at it. you know, they get that vanilla/cola flavour by mixing hundreds of volatile chemicals, all of which are difficult to spell.

difficult to spell . . . but so easy to drink ! :D

I picked up my first 12 pack of this fine soft drink last night, it's chillin' as we speak - I mean, as I type :rolleyes:
Once they start selling 2 liters around here, I'll be pretty happy! :happy:

Jargo
07-08-2002, 08:27 PM
I think Coke is disgusting. it tastes foul. Same with Pepsi. Can't see the point of making coke in different flavours if it's supposed to still taste of coke. Might just as well take a can of another drink and mix it with coke. Same thing. Coke with a different flavour. Pointless exercise all round. Plus it rots your teeth and strips your stomach wall. The only thing coke is good for is cleaning polished metal and getting shoes with slippy souls to stop sliding around on linoleum.

I guess I just made abot six million enemies with this post. Attacking Coke is like attacking the USA directly with an whole invading army of military might. I'm sorry but it just isn't any good as far as drinks go. And these drinks have far too much gaseous content too. Might just as well have someone plug a CO2 container up your butt and inflate you that way. same result. :dead: :)

SWAFMAN
07-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Jargo, I'm totally offended at your comments. You've attacked an American Institution that is loved by millions the world over. If you don't like Coca-cola, then why don't you just go to a country where they don't allow people to consume cola products, you anti-American cola-hater, you! Next thing, you'll be saying that the "In God We Trust" symbol should be taken off the Coca-cola logo.

;) ;) ;)

[....end of feeble attempt at humor]

I tried the vanilla coke, and disliked it. Too sickeningly sweet for my taste. I guess I like pepsi better than regular coke, but I like cherry coke better than cherry pepsi. But I like beer better than either coke or pepsi.

now THAT'S an idea for a thread! "What's your favorite Beer?"

answer: I like lots of different brands, but right now I'm in a Corona phase.

JetsAndHeels
07-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Hey Caesar, the 2 liters of Vanilla Coke are plentiful here. I can't believe North Carolina got something first!! Too bad it isn't that way with Star Wars toys!!
But I really do love the Vanilla Coke. It is quickly becoming my favorite soft drink. I can't drink it repeatedly like some, but I usually try to have 1 or 2 of them a day.

Jargo
07-08-2002, 09:12 PM
You say that like it's good for you or something. "I try to have 1 or 2 of them a day" almost like you're talking about a bottle of mineral water or a health tonic. :) Maybe that's why I stayed small all these years, not drinking coke. That'd be the perfect endorsement for Coca Cola - "Not drinking our products stunts the growth of your children. So drink a barell a day for life and your kids will grow up tall, strong, athleticly fit and NORMAL!"

I couldn't seriously attempt to drink coke after they told me that if you dropped a cow in a vat of the stuff it'd be dissolved in twelve hours. Anything that even remotely does that sort of thing is like, huh - I dunno, BAD! :sur: and coke is like a gazillion times worse for doing stuff and - stuff, to things...

It is a good glass cleaner though. works a treat on my eye...... :Pirate: ARRRRRR

JetsAndHeels
07-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I do try to have 1 or 2 of them a day. I like it. I know it isn't good for me, but hey, you only live once.

2-1B
07-08-2002, 10:55 PM
I'm drinking a can as we "speak", oh am I SO ready to tussle! :mad:
:p

Jargo, I just read the ingredient listing on the side of the can -
carbonated water . . . high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose, caramel color, natural flavors, caffeine . . . :eek: phosphoric acid ? ? ? :eek:

I'm no chemist, but might that be the cow dissolvent ? :D

dingodad
07-08-2002, 11:43 PM
According to rumor, Dr. Pepper did in fact contain prune juice to keep you regular. 10-2-4!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by dingodad
According to rumor, Dr. Pepper did in fact contain prune juice to keep you regular. 10-2-4!

So should we call it a Dr. Pooper then?

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 11:58 PM
I've heard from several sources, including 7-Up/Dr Pepper themselves on the show "Unwrapped" that this "prunes" rumor is totally false.

dingodad
07-09-2002, 12:02 AM

So should we call it a Dr. Pooper then?
that or dooky pepper!

JediTricks
07-09-2002, 11:24 PM
That "Unwrapped" ep was on last night, what timing!

BTW, they had the classic Mountain Dew bottles on that show with the hillbilly logo. Reminded me how long that drink has come - from a silly minor soda to a modern mega seller - I only wish I could drink it now, from what I remember, it's pretty good.

Needles
07-10-2002, 12:00 AM
Vanilla coke is great Im drinking it right now

haggis
07-10-2002, 01:31 AM
Vanilla Coke seemed sickly sweet the first time I tried it. Since so many here are singing it's praises, I'll give it another try.

BanthaPoodoo
07-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Here are some of my faves in no particular order:

Shasta/RC (not so much the Coke type products anymore, as they have gotten too sweet for my tastes)
Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb

Mountain Dew/Mello Yello
Surge
Fresca (I absolutely love this one, a nice grapefruity citrusy taste!!!)

We have got some other strange stuff here in the South, but I think the ones above are the standouts....

(on those sultry summer nights, Jack Coke's or Strawberry Daquiri's are pleasant :))

Thought of a couple more, and although one is not a soda, pop, or otherwise carbonated drink, I still love it to death:

Starbucks Frappacino (not the vanilla or caramel but the mocha.......... mmmmmmmmmm I love it)

There is also a carbonated water type drink available at Publix which I cant remember the name of. I go absolutely bonker for that also...

good shot jansen
07-10-2002, 01:52 PM
i'm partial to dr. browns cel-rey. that will always be my favorite sody pop :)

my mom's from ohio, and she always called it pop. my friends in high school always thought i was dorky when i called it that, so to this day i always refer to each drink by it's trade mark name, instead of refering it all generically as soda, or pop.

in college i used to drink a lot of shasta grapefruit, that was their version of fresca. i guess shasta is limited to being only available in the western states, as i don't think i've ever seen it in the east.

i tired vanilla coke this past weekend, and found it to be a bit sweet fer my tastes, my son though adores it, and that's all he says he wants soda wise these days.

heh, teem, i remember that stuff, thanx fer bringing back the memory stillakid.

when i was a kid, the big sody pop in the metro new york area was hammer soda. you would order it direct, and they would deliver right to your back door, and once a week they would take back the empties and leave another weeks supply. it came all different types of flavors. i used to think it was strange for people to go to the supermarket to buy their pop, didn't everyone have it delivered to their back doors?

ahhhh, another beverage i remember was manhattan specials. that was a coffee soda made in brooklyn, i don't know if it's ever been made available out of the new york market (it ain't available here in florida), but that stuff is awsome. if you ever have a chance definately give it a try. for a caffine burst, jolt is a featherweight when compared with the real deal of a manhattan special!:happy:

Jason B
07-10-2002, 05:38 PM
JT, they now sell Caffeine-free Dew. I don't see the point though, since most people drink it for the caffeine. ;)

Darth Nitwit
07-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Its ok, but I still like Mountian dew better.

JediTricks
07-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Jason B
JT, they now sell Caffeine-free Dew. I don't see the point though, since most people drink it for the caffeine. ;) Only in 16 states and not every market in those states. :( I'm highly sensitive to caffeine now adays, so I *usually* avoid it at all costs.

GSJ, you like celery soda?!? I love most of Dr Browns' flavors, but yuuuuuuck! Oh well, one man's drink is another man's poison. :D

BTW, been seeing 2 liter bottles of Vanilla Coke everywhere the past week, the stuff just ain't selling around here though.

Jedi_Bates
07-12-2002, 12:10 PM
what they really need to do is take tiny little canes example yodas cane and fill it up with coke so they would be able to sell coke-cain.

but actually im more of a pepsi person...

Emperor Howdy
07-12-2002, 12:34 PM
It's not "soda"....it's not "pop".....ok? It's Coke. Whatever you're referring to, it's Coke.......but I'm talking about a Sprite, you say?.......STILL COKE. Coke. There is no other.

Finishing off a 12 pack as we speak......

Nyang-nyang-hoodly-hoo!! Woop-woop......must get a hold of rea......zong-ti! Skoobly-scoobly-wink-tu-flang!...........

Jeeez.....that's a lot of sugar and caffeine.

JediTricks
07-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Atlanta is such a toady for Coca-Cola. :D It is not a "coke", "coke" wasn't even the first US soda, cola, or cola still made today. It's just a world-famous drink that has a lot of sugar and acid and is slightly better than Pepsi. ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-13-2002, 12:00 AM
Atlanta may be Coke country but here in Western New York, we have the highest consumption of Pepsi per capita in the U.S. No wonder I had cavities at my last checkup.

Didn't the original recipe for coke contain cocaine? If I remember correctly, it did (why did they ever take that out of the recipe? Coke has never been the same). And if I also remember correctly Coke was accidentally discovered by a pharmacist and it's original intent was to cure stomach discomfort.

rynobot
07-13-2002, 12:33 AM
Vanillia coke maybe great to you Ceaser, but I hate Vanilla Coke, Vanilla Coke burned my throat.

2-1B
07-13-2002, 01:56 AM
Wal-Mart is selling 2 liter bottles of Vanilla Coke here for 88 cents ! :)

Now if someone cares to give me Jargo's address, I'll ship him a case right away! :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Atlanta may be Coke country but here in Western New York, we have the highest consumption of Pepsi per capita in the U.S. No wonder I had cavities at my last checkup.

Didn't the original recipe for coke contain cocaine? If I remember correctly, it did (why did they ever take that out of the recipe? Coke has never been the same). And if I also remember correctly Coke was accidentally discovered by a pharmacist and it's original intent was to cure stomach discomfort.

Welp, Pepsi was originally one of those "miracle cure-alls" from the 1800s. Pretty funny. That's why some cough syrup tastes like soda, without the carbonation. I have heard about the cocaine in coke, I'm not sure I buy that one, but it seems to be known fact, not lore, so I guess I have to go with it.:crazed:

Yaaaaaaaaay I'm a padawan, yaaaaaaaya i'm a padawan yaaaaay!

Jargo
07-13-2002, 08:00 PM
I warned you about the WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! before Jedi Knightrider. Do I have to tell you about the Yaaaaaaaaay , yaaaaaaaya yaaaaay! too? :rolleyes: insuffereable!

Caesar, the only good thing about two litre bottles of fizzy 'soda' is that they make great weapons in a crowd fight. You can punch with them and swing with them and throw them like bombs. very versatile. But as to actually drinking the contents - I'd rather boil my own head. And vanilla? VANILLA?!!!! Of all the interesting ingredients they could have chosen they went and chose vanilla the byword for bland and tasteless and insipid. At least lemon has a nice tang to it. I can see the lemon one working as I've on occasion in a bar when drunk tried a coke with a twist of lemon and the combination is bearable if not a tad pleasant (when under the influence only). But vanilla? hahahahahahahahaha :crazed:

Jedi Knightrider
07-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Yaaaaaayaaaaayaaayaayaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Jargo yelled at me!!!

I am insufferable, ain't I?

I actually enjoy vanilla coke. I've had two cans today!

Jargo
07-13-2002, 08:15 PM
I didn't yell you did. Shut up you fool. :p

LTBasker
I tried the Vanilla Coke today. Not as good as I thought it would be, didn't taste bad. The vanilla was a little too prominet and so it seemed more like they just added some vanilla extract. Maybe I got it from a not-too-good batch or something, I might try in can sometimes cause there are sometimes I prefer stuff in a can than in a bottle. :D Weird I know...

rynobot
Emperor Jargo, have you ever heard of Cream Soda? Adding Vanilla is not inovative when there is already a soda including the artificial flaovr.

Jargo
07-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Yeah, but the only time I ever have cream soda is with a dollop of ice cream dropped in. It's kinda like a fizy milk shake - KEWL! :D

I agree LT, cans do taste better. The plastic bottles taint the flavour somehow and it's not as fizzy either if it comes from a bottle. (some wiseacre is gonna tell me the pressure over the cubic resonance of the oxygen, versus the spinal fluid of a mule, given the ratio of the bubbles to fluid volume, will make both the containers as fizzy as each other or something weird and geeky like that.) Plus I hate how plastic bottle squish when they're full and it's sooooo easy to spill fizzy sugary crap everywhere as you pour. Cans are so much more precise in the pouring and easier to handle.

Jargo
07-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Oh forgot to say what my favourite canned drink is -

"LILT! (LIIII-ILT), pineapple and grapefruit, for the totally tropical taste".

That stuff is so sweet and sickly and sticky and sweet but tastes so darn good! Perfect for the summer when other soft drinks (Coke) just dry your mouth out. ;)

scruffziller
07-13-2002, 09:44 PM
No Vanilla Coke is evil, I think it is the drink of the darkside. For us folk who are trying to lose weight and stay away from pop(soda) period, even diet soda is bad for you. I think there is a new drug in it. It is almost as addictive as nicotine. The flavor is so yummy I go with witdrawls trying to resist.

JesusFreak
07-14-2002, 01:03 AM
Vanilla Coke is very good and very addicting. One of my favorite drinks. Hate Red Fusion though :p

El Chuxter
07-15-2002, 05:36 PM
This is a long thread, and I don't feel like wading through it to find out if someone's already said this. (How's that for lazy? :p)

Is it just me, or does Vanilla Coke taste like a Coke with Malibu rum, only without the alcohol?

JediTricks
07-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Didn't the original recipe for coke contain cocaine? If I remember correctly, it did (why did they ever take that out of the recipe? Coke has never been the same).Coca-Cola did indeed have cocaine in it instead of caffeine. IIRC, the cocaine was taken out when the substance was put on a controlled substances list around 70 to 100 years ago when the then-considered miracle-drug was being blamed for black men (who at that time were still seen as freed-slaves) raping white women in the south. A politician from that region was saying that they would take cocaine and go out raping and killing, so he tried to tack cocaine onto a bill that was making narcotics (opium-derived drugs) controlled substances. At that time, cocaine was considered a miracle drug that was often given by doctors to supposedly cure exhaustion, depression, and other maladies - much in the same way that 40 years later, Hitler's amphetamines were used in the US - but after this politician made his claim against cocaine, within a few years it had gained a negative stigma and the population decided they didn't want to ingest anything that made black men go insane and assault people. Coca-Cola saw which way the wind was blowing and replaced cocaine with caffeine.

Cocaine is still used today in controlled medical circumstances as an anesthetic and a small artery constrictor, most often in dental surgery.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Coca-Cola did indeed have cocaine in it instead of caffeine. IIRC, the cocaine was taken out when the substance was put on a controlled substances list around 70 to 100 years ago when the then-considered miracle-drug was being blamed for black men (who at that time were still seen as freed-slaves) raping white women in the south. A politician from that region was saying that they would take cocaine and go out raping and killing, so he tried to tack cocaine onto a bill that was making narcotics (opium-derived drugs) controlled substances. At that time, cocaine was considered a miracle drug that was often given by doctors to supposedly cure exhaustion, depression, and other maladies - much in the same way that 40 years later, Hitler's amphetamines were used in the US - but after this politician made his claim against cocaine, within a few years it had gained a negative stigma and the population decided they didn't want to ingest anything that made black men go insane and assault people. Coca-Cola saw which way the wind was blowing and replaced cocaine with caffeine.

Cocaine is still used today in controlled medical circumstances as an anesthetic and a small artery constrictor, most often in dental surgery.

Thanks for the tidbit JT, I knew I can count on you. You could get a hint that there was from the name. I wonder how the cocaine affected those who drank it? Betcha left them wanting more.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:27 AM
Betcha they didn't have Vanilla flavored.

LTBasker
07-18-2002, 03:45 AM

Do you think if you claim to have gotten addicted to it from being "treated" with it at the Hospital or dentist, you'd be able to get as much as you wanted or money? :p Legal consumption...in which they might just happen to come across a good amount of $$$ and accidently leave their current dose on the table in the resturant...behind a dark cloaked figure...

JediTricks
07-18-2002, 09:27 PM
LBC, supposedly it had a very similar effect to that of caffeine - energy and addiction.

Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Betcha they didn't have Vanilla flavored. You'd lose. ;) Flavored Coke has been around for as long as it's been carbonated, which is over 100 years. It was sold in drug stores, and once soda water was added to it at the soda fountain, dozens of flavors were added to the mix. Vanilla, chocolate, cherry, and lemon were all popular additions to a Coke. Only when bottling became more popular than soda fountains did we lose most of the flavors.

Basker, medicinal cocaine is pretty heavily controlled, but I suppose anything is possible. It'd be much different from the street version of the drug though since street coke is almost never even remotely pure (even when the dealer claims it's "pharmaceutical quality", a popular claim about 20 years ago, before crack).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-18-2002, 11:02 PM
LBC, supposedly it had a very similar effect to that of caffeine - energy and addiction.

You'd lose. ;) Flavored Coke has been around for as long as it's been carbonated, which is over 100 years. It was sold in drug stores, and once soda water was added to it at the soda fountain, dozens of flavors were added to the mix. Vanilla, chocolate, cherry, and lemon were all popular additions to a Coke. Only when bottling became more popular than soda fountains did we lose most of the flavors.

Basker, medicinal cocaine is pretty heavily controlled, but I suppose anything is possible. It'd be much different from the street version of the drug though since street coke is almost never even remotely pure (even when the dealer claims it's "pharmaceutical quality", a popular claim about 20 years ago, before crack).

Boy JT, you're certainly up on your illegal substances. I wonder how you know so much? :evil: (Just Kidding, I know you are a good guy)

Chocolate coke doesn't sound that appealing. I've had Chocolate Faygo once and never again. Those two things should be forbidden to mix.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 12:17 PM

You'd lose. ;) Flavored Coke has been around for as long as it's been carbonated, which is over 100 years. It was sold in drug stores, and once soda water was added to it at the soda fountain, dozens of flavors were added to the mix. Vanilla, chocolate, cherry, and lemon were all popular additions to a Coke. Only when bottling became more popular than soda fountains did we lose most of the flavors.

Alright, you got me there. I didn't think about the fountain drinks in the drug store. I bet they didn't have Chazz Palminteri doing commercials for it.

JediTricks
07-20-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Alright, you got me there. I didn't think about the fountain drinks in the drug store. I bet they didn't have Chazz Palminteri doing commercials for it. Well, rumor has it that he'll take his offbeat "mafioso" stylings back to the 1890s once he completes his time machine. All he needs is a Delorean and some plutonium. ;)

LBC, I sorta pick up weird pieces of knowledge here and there... and I'm a crack dealer. ;) J/k, I'd never actually SELL it. :D

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 04:35 PM
I just tried Vanilla Coke and think it's horrible. I think Coke is obviously no good when it's modified--Vanilla coke sucks, cherry coke sucks, diet coke sucks...

All the new sodas suck too. Mountain Dew Code Red is horrible, as is Sierra Mist. All IMHO of course. :D

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Mountain dew code red?????????
What the hell is that?

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Trust me, you're better off not knowing.
BTW Mountain Dew lowers your sperm count anyway, so don't bother with it. :D

Beast
07-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
BTW Mountain Dew lowers your sperm count anyway, so don't bother with it. :D
DeadEye, that is an urban legend. It has no basis in fact. :rolleyes:

http://www.snopes2.com/toxins/yellow.htm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Is it a new flaver?

Beast
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Geonosian, Mountain Dew Code Red is a new flavor of traditional Mountain Dew. They added cherry flavor to the regular Mountain Dew flavor. I happen to like it, but I still prefer Cherry Pepsi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-20-2002, 10:47 PM
Oh and DeadEye, more info from MountainDew.Com. :)

Q: I've heard that Yellow Dye #5, an ingredient in Mountain Dew, can have detrimental effects on the male population. Is this true? Is Yellow Dye #5 harmful in any other way?

A: No. Yellow Dye #5 is an additive that has been used since 1916 in a number of popular products like skim milk, yogurt, and macaroni and cheese. It is fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in food and soft drinks and, as such, is completely safe for consumers. If you want more information, check out the information on the FDA's website at http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/colorfac.html.

As for any other rumors you may hear regarding Yellow Dye #5, you can rest assured that they are completely false. From time to time these misleading rumors circulate throughout the country and it is difficult to say why or how they began.

Here at Mountain Dew, we work hard to ensure the quality and great taste of our products. We would never allow harmful ingredients to be included in our soft drinks. We want you to be able to keep drinking gallons of Dew for all eternity.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Thank you, Jar Jar. I still hope you don't hate me.

I'm glad the urban legend has been disproven...however, that doesn't make the soda taste any better! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-21-2002, 01:48 AM
Well, rumor has it that he'll take his offbeat "mafioso" stylings back to the 1890s once he completes his time machine. All he needs is a Delorean and some plutonium. ;)

LBC, I sorta pick up weird pieces of knowledge here and there... and I'm a crack dealer. ;) J/k, I'd never actually SELL it. :D

My suspicions about you JT are confirmed.

Put me down for a couple rocks. Of course I would never actually SMOKE it. Just add them to the rest of my rock collection *cough cough :rolleyes:

Back to the thread. Of all the pop that I guzzle, Mountain Dew is one of my least favorite, despite the fact it is one of the most popular for those of my age group. That goes for the cherry stuff too, although I like that better than the original Dew. BTW, I was at a Wegman's Supermarket this week and I noticed different assorted flavors of Jolt. I didn't have time to inspect the stuff because I was in a rush, but they weren't cola. But you could count on the fact that they had "twice the caffiene."

JediTricks
07-21-2002, 05:16 AM
"YAAAHOOOOOO! Mountain Dew! It'll tickle yore innarrds!" yeah, there's a claim that'll get me to ingest the product. I have the sneaking suspicion that they meant to put a "p" in place of that "t". :D

Crack collection, that's gotta be worse than collecting SW! (Oh man, I hope it is ;))

What's this about Mr Pibb being cancelled?

Herby
07-24-2002, 08:53 AM
I love Vanilla Coke. I still prefer Cherry Coke. I've had Cherry Pepsi, but didn't like it as much (odd, since I like Pepsi better than Coke). I've also found myself addicted to Sierra Mist (although it has no caffeine, so I still need cola some times!)

Mountain Dew is just nasty. Do you know what Mountain Dew goes down so smooth without being all bubbly like other soda? They add vegetable oil...how gross is that?

DeadEye
07-24-2002, 12:41 PM
That is pretty gross. I don't think I'll ever drink Mountain Dew again...although I never planned to anyway...;)

The Simpsons:
"What have you got to drink?"
"Mountain Dew or crab juice."
"Eew! Yuck! Gross! I'll take the crab juice."
:D

JediTricks
07-25-2002, 12:16 AM
I think a lot of sodas add brominated (or is it "bromated") vegetable oil or ester of wood rosin, and those FDA-approved colors are pretty bad for ya too.

Jonna
07-25-2002, 12:20 AM
You know I finally got to try this stuff that you have all been talking about over a game of pool last night and I just don't see what the big deal is. It is cream soda!

Destroy! Destroy! Robot, Destroy!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-25-2002, 01:49 AM
I just had a flashback from the past.

I remember Tops Supermarkets carrying this funky kind of soda about 6-7 years ago. I don't remember the name of the pop, but it had a picture of a guy wearing a good humor ice cream uniform (he had a mustache and a scooper in his hand). The soda tasted like strawberries and creme mixed with 7up. I recall the name of the soda might of had the word "egg" in it. It was pink in color. Anyone remember or am I just hallucinating?

2-1B
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, it's been almost 5 years since I swore off regular soda for good (and I'm thankful I did)...so I don't drink Vanilla Coke anymore.

However, I can say that Vanilla Coke Zero is great!!!

(but not as good as Cherry Coke Zero)

pbarnard
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I just go with Coke Zero or Pepsi One. Although, artificial sweetners might actually be worse than sugar...damn tighter binding to receptors to intensify taste.

2-1B
02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
For me, what's funny about the Coke Zero family is that I absolutely love the Cherry, really like the Vanilla, but I find the regular Zero to be pretty awful. Diet Pepsi will always be tops for me when it comes to just the cola flavored options out there. :thumbsup:

Based on my experience alone, I completely disagree that artificial sweeteners are worse for sugar...diet soda's been a real help for me. :)

pbarnard
02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Based on my experience alone, I completely disagree that artificial sweeteners are worse for sugar...diet soda's been a real help for me. :)

New studies released this week about the cancers, premature kidney failures etc that can be linked back to them. Cavities and obesity maybe the better price to pay it seems...

2-1B
02-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Cancers in lab rats or something larger?

Obesity is never the better price...I lived that way once before, never again. Obesity will lead to numerous other ailments, anyway. Not the life for me. :)

As for kidney failure, if need be I'll just ask Bobafrett for his other one. lol

pbarnard
02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Just read the abstract, part of the article is about statical analysis, so makes me not want to delve too deep.

El Chuxter
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Just about anything will cause cancer in lab rats when consumed in the amounts they're force-fed.

2-1B
02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
That's what I was thinking, Chux...although I should preface any further scientific statements I make with the disclaimer that I have about as much training in science as Homer Simpson, so...take my comments for what they're worth. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2010, 10:40 AM
We'll know we've gone too far when lab rats can cause cancer in lab technicians. :droolwhenthelightgoeson:

pbarnard
02-20-2010, 07:11 PM
We'll know we've gone too far when lab rats can cause cancer in lab technicians. :droolwhenthelightgoeson:

Pretty sure breathing in their odor day after day does. :upset: