PDA

View Full Version : Jango vs. Maul

Darth_Maul25SW
05-27-2002, 07:37 PM
What if Jango Fett had a close encounter with Darth Maul?? Man I would love to see that in a comic or something. What do you think would happen? Who would win in a fight? What is they teamed up? What if they mated!??!! What would their child look like? Gross and Crazy!! Or Zam Wesell and Aurra Sing??

Darth_Stevious
05-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Well lets see.
What would happen? I have no idea.
Who would win a fight? Given Jango Fett's track record with Jedi, I would have to give the edge to Maul.
What if they teamed up? We would have the shortest lived team-up in Star Wars history. Both were cool, but far too easily killed in battle.
What if they mated? Now that's a mental image I could do without. :stupid:
What would their child look like? Pretty darned freaky

CGSPAWN
06-02-2002, 04:28 PM
I was debating this w/ a friend a few days back. He said that Jango faired well on Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan was the man who killed Maul.

I say that Maul was a better fighter than Obi-Wan, but he got unlucky.

Jango did not last against Mace, and I think Maul would have given Mace a run for his money.

So, in conclusion, Jango would get whooped by Maul.

What does everyone else think? :D

SithDroid
06-02-2002, 04:46 PM
Easily. Jango wouldn't even stand a chance. What I don't get is how come Obi-Wan can kick Darth Maul's a**, but he gets his a** kicked by an old man(Dooku).

saladin
06-02-2002, 05:18 PM
i belive that maul just a little to cocky and didn't thinck, but he could of easily killed jango.

Lman316
06-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by saladin
i belive that maul just a little to cocky and didn't thinck, but he could of easily killed jango.

My sentiments exactly. I think that Maul got a little over confident and assumed he had things wrapped up. But no, he stood there, swinging his lightsaber against the side of the pit, splashing sparks in Obi-Wan's eyes. If he had just drilled the thing right between Kenobi's eyes, while he was hanging there, it would have been over.

Originally posted by SithDroid
Easily. Jango wouldn't even stand a chance. What I don't get is how come Obi-Wan can kick Darth Maul's a**, but he gets his a** kicked by an old man(Dooku).

I think Dooku is more powerful than Maul anyway. If you put those two in a fight, Dooku is going to come out on top. He has experience as a Jedi already, and falling to the Dark Side has made him even stronger. Just because he's old, doesn't mean he's weak :cool:.

And to get back to the question at hand, yes Maul would demolish Jango Fett. And I think he'd do a lot more than just behead the guy...

End :happy:.

JediTricks
06-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Maul would hand Jango his... head. ;) Jango is a talented bounty hunter, but all his tricks really just slowed Obi-Wan down a bit so Jango could make the quick getaway. Plus, Obi-Wan was trying to bring Jango back alive for questioning, if he had fully unleashed the power of the Force, I think Obi-Wan could have taken Jango down, just not alive.

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 08:25 PM
Truly, I think Maul could kill Jango with one...maybe two swift strokes. The reason Obi-Wan got taken down was because Jango was able to do what Boba failed to do in ROTJ, he roped Obi-Wan and pulled him over so he lost his lightsaber and broke his concentration of getting it back. Why do I do think Maul would beat Jango? Cause he's got the dark side and a lightsaber, he would just probably force push Jango into a wall which would damage his jetpack (they get damaged quite easily) and then kick him the face and slice him apart in a single swing his lightsaber even if the first blade missed.

Battle Droid
06-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Dooku was taught by the best (Yoda), that's why Obi-Wan is no match against him.

yukface27
06-02-2002, 09:57 PM
I think this shows how bad Jango wanted to get away from Obi-Wan. He shot his rocket at him. To me, it seems like the rocket would be a last resort or used to completely obliterate something. Jango was worried. Throw some smugglers, gang members and petty thugs, and Jango would dispatch them with ease. Throw a Jedi at him or even a Sith and he'd be peeing himself. The only reason he went after Mace was because he thought that he was preoccupated with all the droids, so it would be easy to take him out. Jango was an excellent warrior, but he sure as pudding wasn't a Jedi.

CGSPAWN
06-03-2002, 12:11 AM
I dunno...

I bet Maul and Dooku would have a good fight. We are not too sure about Mauls powers...he is obviously a good fighter, but he may be more than that.

Dooku is as cocky as Maul is. He felt that he was more powerful than Yoda. Maul was just playing around when he was taken by Obi-Wan.

figrin bran
06-03-2002, 03:20 AM
another vote for darth maul. he'd probably be able to anticipate jango's moves, perhaps?

187-Maul
06-03-2002, 01:40 PM
definetly Maul
he would kick Jango you know what
a strict lightsaber fight with Maul against Dooku could get interesting but a "force fight" would be over in no-time if dooku would use his powers and force-lightning - amul is good fighter but not that good with other powers IMO
I still love him:D

Jonna
06-03-2002, 01:46 PM
I think that everyone is getting a bit carried away with how good Jango is. He did not defeat anyone in the film except for a one armed Zam Wesell (if you even want to count that). Of course Maul could best him.

CGSPAWN
06-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Jango did kill a Jedi, and he faired OK against Obi-Wan.

He also killed the Reek...

Laserbrain
06-04-2002, 02:57 AM
I can see sort of a combination of Obi-Wan vs Jango and Mace vs Jango. Jango would press his advantage of limited flight and ranged attack against Maul's close quarters skill. Jango would jump into the air, fire his rocket and Maul would backflip away from the blast.

Jango quick draws his blasters and nails Maul in the leg just as he lands from his stunt. With his injury fueling his hatred, Maul kicks it into high gear and spins his double bladed saber with blinding speed, deflecting every subsequent blaster shot.

Jango hovers around Maul hoping that different angles will breach his defense but to no avail. Eventually Jango will have to reload, as blaster packs don't have infinite power, and he reaches into his belt pouch for a spare and for a split second has to cease fire.

Using the Force to guide his lightsaber much like Vader did in ROTJ, Maul hurls his saber like a javelin, straight through Jango's chest plate and through his back. The fuel tank in Jango's jetpack is punctured and the former bounty hunter explodes in a blazing nitrous fury.

Who wouldn't pay to see that??

DarthBrandon
06-04-2002, 04:06 AM
Maul vs Jango, is a no brainer, and no contest. Maul would whoop his butt hard and fast.