PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea!

iamafoolru12
05-27-2002, 06:53 PM
I had an amazing idea. Why doesn't Hasbro do a series of super articulated Star Wars figures, quite like Toy Biz's Spiderman figures. It would be it's own seperate series and they would release maybe 2 figures per wave. They wouldn't make figures like Super Articulated Nute Gungray, they would only make the main and most wanted characters/variants. Does any one else think it would be cool to own a Super Articulated Darth Maul, or to have a Super Articualed Boba Fett or Han Solo on their desk?:Pirate:

Beast
05-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Ugh, no. At the 3 3/4"-4" scale, articulation like that would make the figures joints in some places so thin, that they wouldn't be able to stand. Can you imagine the leg joints and articulation from one of those Spidey figures on a Star Wars figure. If notthat, then over time they would get weak or loose and then the figure wouldn't be able to stand, most likely at all. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-27-2002, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't mind a series like that, it could be at Spider-Man scale, or they could team up with ToyBiz for that line. I think it would really only work for figures in armor costumes and such, I can't see it looking very good on normal human-like figures.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Battle Droid, Clone Trooper, and Stormtrooper figures with 30 points of articulation, or just the CT and BD.

Lord Tenebrous
05-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately, Hasbro doesn't have a good track record on "specialty" lines - Epic Force, Mega Action, now possibly Unleashed. The four inch figure scale items are by far their better fare, and more than 16 points of articulation on a figure that size is definately risky.

iamafoolru12
05-27-2002, 07:24 PM
OHHHHHHH! Sorry forgot to mention that these would be the same size as the spiderman figures (well at least in my dreams!!!!) as for human figures maybe soft rubber or minimal cloth. But i think it would look good on Darth Maul, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Darth Vader, Super Battle Droid, and more. Plus maybe with robes it might look good on some jedis. But i do agree, it would look pretty dorky on a regular Luke Skywalker, but i could go for X-Wing Pilot.

OriginalBryGuy
05-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Well, some of the new star wars figures have been slowly getting more articulation here and there, like bending at the knees! Who would've thunk it. haha

As long as the figures continue to inspire more articulation I'll be happy. GI Joe dominated the 3 3/4 inch articulated character years ago! Hell, the new 3 3/4 GI Joes come 2 in a pack!

Hopefully Star Wars figures will follow the same route.

Rogue II
05-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Why would they produce another Star Wars line to the same scale as Spiderman? They already produce the 3 3/4" and 12" lines, isn't that enough? I say build upon the articulation of the current line.

Jedi Juice
05-28-2002, 05:57 PM
I like the figures the way they are already.

Hellboy
05-28-2002, 06:13 PM
Do we really need another line of Star Wars fig.'s? I've been happy with the increase in articulation on the current figures and one of the cool things about having 3 3/4 inch fig.'s is the storage capabilities. The main reason I don't collect the entire 12 inch line is due to the fact it takes to much space to display them. I enjoy them the way they are and love the amount of different characters we're seeing produced.

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 06:21 PM
If all future figures would come with ball-socket shoulders, twisting wrists, swivel arms and bending knees in addition to the current standard articulation then I would be happy.

JON9000
05-28-2002, 07:30 PM
I think you have to strike a balance with articulation in the 3 and 3/4 line. I am pretty happy with articulation like Commtech Han and Luke and Saga Zam have. But even then I worry about those figs a bit. I remember my old Joes, half of them are so flimsy in the knee joints from playwear that they could hold no pose at all! And the rubber bands broke a lot too. It would be cool if the 12 inch line had 30 points of articulation! I might actually buy some then.

But there is no denying that the vintage line lost a lot of kids to GI Joe because of the superior articulation in the 80's.

ScarletX
05-28-2002, 09:16 PM
I agree with Bigbarada. GI-Joe's had some of the best articulation and they looked pretty good. May lose out on some of the dynamic poses, but most of the time you can recreate them with flexibility! But Jon9000 is definitely on with the articulation of the new figures - i mean look at Zam!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 10:13 PM
Aiee! Keep 'em at 4" and 12"! Okay, and 6"(Unleashed) and 10"(Vinyl), whatever, but no more sizes!

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by iamafoolru12
I had an amazing idea. Why doesn't Hasbro do a series of super articulated Star Wars figures, quite like Toy Biz's Spiderman figures. It would be it's own seperate series and they would release maybe 2 figures per wave. They wouldn't make figures like Super Articulated Nute Gungray, they would only make the main and most wanted characters/variants. Does any one else think it would be cool to own a Super Articulated Darth Maul, or to have a Super Articualed Boba Fett or Han Solo on their desk?:Pirate:

That would rule - I'd love a super articulated Boba Fett or Darth Vader. Will it ever happen? I doubt it.

It's hard, after seeing (and owning) the 30-point-of-articulation Spider-Man fig, to get real excited when a new SW figure comes with elbow articulation or something and we all go WOW, great articulation!!

Now, I own a lot of vintage GI Joe figs, and I do know they turn into rag dolls after a while, especially if they've been played with (as all of mine have). So a ton of articulation at the 3.75" size isn't necessarily a good thing. But I think a line of super articulated figures at the Spider-Man size, doing only the main, in-demand characters, would be really killer.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
That would rule - I'd love a super articulated Boba Fett or Darth Vader. Will it ever happen? I doubt it.

It's hard, after seeing (and owning) the 30-point-of-articulation Spider-Man fig, to get real excited when a new SW figure comes with elbow articulation or something and we all go WOW, great articulation!!

I have the same problem Forhekset. I bought the first super-posable Spiderman figs last year, and then the movie figures, and I think it spoiled me. I want all figure to be that great now.

Actually, before the Spiderman figures, I felt the same way about the CT Stormtroopers. I nearly wet myself when I opened my first one and realized how many joints it had. I thoguht that was the wave of the future! :(

Really though, I'm pretty happy with the progress Hasbro has been making inthat department. Figures like Bespin Capture Han just make me happy to be a collector.:) What I'd really like though is for the 12' line to be sooo much better. The previous body was horrible and could barely move. I haven't tried the newer GIJoe body that they switched to, but unless it leaps and bounds better than the previous ones, I won't be buying...

CooLJoE
05-29-2002, 02:51 PM
I still don't know why many of you think GIJOEs would wear down to the point that they couldn't hold a pose. Mine were used everyday when I was a kid and ALL of then still have good joints.

Maybe its the care you put into them? I doubt you'll be playing with the Saga toys so much that the same problem will happen. And if you do, then you aren't collecting them for future value anyways, so who cares.

Personally I think Habro needs to get some brains and either make SW line like old JOEs or new JOEs. Either way, they need a ton more articulation.

LTBasker
05-29-2002, 10:38 PM
An exclusive (yes, evil exclusive, but could be good in this situation) 2-pack could be good for a special offer, mail-in offer would be great though, finally something to dow tih the jedi points and it could be sorta like a play off Marmit (only "masked" and armored figs), the 2-packs could be: Clone/Battle Droid, Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper, TIE Pilot/Darth Vader, Biker Scout/Speederbike (Deluxe set), and Royal Guard/Imperial Gunner.

Granted not all of them would sell all that well but to make sure they sold they could put major figures with figures that people wouldn't normally want like the Stormtrooper w/ Snowtrooper, Vader w/ TIE Pilot (since he was seen with TIE Pilots in ANH), and Royal Guard with Imperial Gunner.. I think they'd be better as TRU or FC exclusives though. If Hasbro and Toybiz teamed up for that kind of line that would be quite cool IMO, they would all have Spider-Man articulation and if Hasbro teamed up with ToyBiz on it, hopefully they wouldn't cost too much. Basically they'd just be "display" figures that kids could enjoy too, kinda like the 25th Anniversary 2-pack line...but way better.