PDA

View Full Version : Should people be hesitant to buy up certain "RARE" figures right now???

BillyJAck
05-27-2002, 07:25 PM
here's a question

Should all these people that are buying up Chancellor Palpatines, Orn Frees' , Luminara, and Dookus for $10-$15 just be patient? I think they should because who knows if hasbro will stuff the next assortments with these figues. Remember what happened with Maul orginally. Thankfully i have all of these i got and opened for my loose collection

billy

Lord Tenebrous
05-27-2002, 07:37 PM
Patience would be a great recommendation for many of these eBayers. Even the loose bids are getting out of hand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1734080673

I mean, why buy 1 now, when you can probably buy 2-3 for the same price a few weeks later?

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 07:48 PM
$10 for a loose figure?!?! That's crazy!!

sith_killer_99
05-27-2002, 08:57 PM
YES, be patient!

CooLJoE
05-27-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah, be patient. I saw a couple dookus at my TRU. And those were the rare ones in the beginning. It will all be available at some point.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-27-2002, 10:07 PM
I learned my lesson after I plunked down $7.99 for a couple of Ep1 Jedi Duel Darth Mauls back in 99.' Little did I know TRU couldn't even give these babies away for $1.97 later on. I think showing fiscal restraint when it comes to snatching up these figures is a good idea.

JON9000
05-28-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm not even going to go into what I paid for a monkey face Leia on an orange card in early 96. Let's just say I learned an important lesson later when I eventually came across her on a peg. If you check stores regularly you should find what you need. If not, you at least know after a few months that the extra you are paying on ebay really is for a rare figure.

case in point- Dooku and Luminara are all over the place here.

OriginalBryGuy
05-28-2002, 12:26 PM
It depends on what you're buying really. My friend Kurt bought a bloody Luke besbin variation at Celebration II, then he found Luke besbin regular for 5.99. He was bummed but he still can't find the bloody version so he doesn't feel so bad. If variations are important to you then it might be worth it, otherwise, just wait and you'll probably see them. Just don't go months without going back to the stores you usually go to.

Jedi Juice
05-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Well, I have to admit I was going to resist to temptation and buy the newer figures that I couldn't find in the stores over here online (mainly the Bespin wave), but I found four of the new figs at a local Walmart, so I was very happy indeed.

When looking for figures, go to stores you usually don't venture to and you may have incredible luck as I did.

Jonna
05-28-2002, 01:58 PM
The thing is that while the movie is still out there is going to be a higher demand for the figures that have already been released. Therefor, the stores are going to order many more cases (supply and demand) of these figures. The only time I would say "Grab them while you can" is when the movie fades from most peoples memories (like children and the next thing that comes along) and the stores sell less and order less. Just remember how difficult it was to get some of the POTJ figures at the tail end of the run.

So as far as the figures that are out now (barring variations such as Luke's bloody hand), I would suggest waiting and they are sure to pop up at your local store.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm chokin' in Luminaras and Orns, and suffocating in Tauns! I have yet to see Yoda or Dooku, my two favorite figures and characters . . . :cry:
Hehee, I'd like to see the look on the guy's face who bought a HD Ani at C2 for $20, I got him for $5.99 on the Fan Club site!
Be patient, is all I have to say.

jedi_uk73
05-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Maybe the early 'background' figures may be worth getting, but anything else don't pay over the RRP for.

Over here in the UK, there is a plentiful supply of every figure in TRU's. I could have bought 3 cases of Dooku's (36) at a local TRU, but it's no longer a 'rare' figure, none are. Some maybe harder to find than others at the moment, but that's all due to distribution. Wait, and you will be successful.

Remember.... patience is a virtue.

Lord Tenebrous
05-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Here's a guy who doesn't know his terminology.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1735904582

He also has a three-dot CT and a Yoda with green eyes, also listed as 'variations'. :rolleyes:

Hellboy
05-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Unless you are a variation hunter I say be patient. I have seen every figure in my area in great abundance with the exception of Dexter w/background which isn't a big deal if you're opening all yours.