PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot) looks BAAAAD.

Dooku Fett
05-27-2002, 08:13 PM
Have you seen the picuter of the new Obi-Wan figure? Without the cloak his arm look badly deformed.
LOOK:

pthfnder89
05-27-2002, 08:20 PM
True, but I refuse to judges figures based on internet pics anymore. They never look the same in person. Seems like every figure that people hate on the Net, turns out to be pretty good in person, and visa-versa.:)

Beast
05-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Bingo, pthfnder89. Pictures on the net, especially early pictures like that, arn't a good judge of what the final figure will look like. Besides, with the headset he's really only good as a Jedi Starfighter Pilot version. So, most will never see his arm anyway, if it turns out like that. And on another note, if your doing a headswap to have a non-starfighter version, just swap the arm as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
05-28-2002, 08:17 AM
What pthfnder said. Before I saw any of the new figs in stores and all I had to go on was pics off the net, I thought the entire new line looked horrible. But then when I saw them in stores I was surprised at how incredible most of them looked. Pictures on the net can't accurately convey what a figure will look like in your hands no matter how good the pics are, or how many different angles the pictures are taken from, etc.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2002, 08:35 AM
I don't think it looks that bad. True... the headband on his headset doesn't wrap that far around his forehead, but it's fine for the most part!

INDIANA
05-28-2002, 11:52 AM
I plan on doing a head swap (and probably the arm too) if the figure looks a little better proportioned than the Coruscant Chase midget.

Darth Detori
05-28-2002, 01:48 PM
I don't care how it looks, mines sittin' in the starfighter!

Laserbrain
05-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Is it possible to do a head and or arm swap with the droid-hanging Coruscant Chase version? I don't have one, and I wasn't planning on buying one because his body is made of that harder plastic and it's that much more difficult to customize.

If this swap can work, we may be one step closer to an Obi-Wan that'll fit in Anakin's stolen speeder...

Hellboy
05-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I'm happy as long as it fits in my Jedi Starfighter.

ScarletX
05-28-2002, 09:23 PM
What's the other thing in his hand? (The non-deformed one... :))

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by ScarletX
What's the other thing in his hand? (The non-deformed one... :))

Well looking at the pic here (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=29508) I thought he came with some sorta communicator.

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 08:25 AM
I think that thing (in the first picture in the thread), are his binocs that never made it into the final version of the film. He was using them on a ridge before he went running off into the tower on Geonosis.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I think that thing (in the first picture in the thread), are his binocs that never made it into the final version of the film. He was using them on a ridge before he went running off into the tower on Geonosis.

Heehee... looks like he's playing peek-a-boo at Mardi Gras:D

I'll definitely buy several of him for extra custom Jedi parts and cloaks.