PDA

View Full Version : Saga Darth Maul?

Battle Droid
05-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Will any of you guys buy more than one just for additional Sith Probe Droids?

I'll at least buy 3, I love the Probe Droid that comes with him, it's much better than the Accessory Set ones from Ep1.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Will any of you guys buy more than one just for additional Sith Probe Droids?

I'll at least buy 3, I love the Probe Droid that comes with him, it's much better than the Accessory Set ones from Ep1.

I didn't even know he was coming with the Probe Droids. But I think if I wanted them, I would just go with the Ep1 Accessory sets - I have a few lying around.

But about the figure itself, I was looking at the pic in the archives, and I just shuddered to think of what his gimmick might be, if he actually has one.
On this picture from the 'chives, he has a huge gap at his waist. I'm thinking that he'll be a wind-up and that his top half will spin around and around, twirling his lightsaber :crazed:

brentfett
05-28-2002, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't buy one of those figures if it came with Ray Park's autograph. Well, maybe then........

JediIan
05-28-2002, 07:37 AM
Whats the point of this thing?

maulreborn
05-28-2002, 08:16 AM
I wont buy another stupid Expanded Universe Maul !!!

Forhekset
05-28-2002, 09:06 AM
God this figure looks bad. The only thing worse than this figure is the upcoming "Unleashed" Maul. That one looks like a real piece of garbage.

But as long as the kiddies still love Maul, or Hasbro thinks they do, we're gonna get a crappy Maul resculpt or two every single year til the line dies, I bet. :rolleyes:

Jmacq
05-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Well, I like Maul, and I don't mind resculpts that are -improvements- over the original sculpts. (Though so far that only amounts to the 'Shirtless' Darth Maul.) But I'll still buy this figure, if for no other reason then A: It looks a far sight better than 'Sith Crapprentice' Darth Maul. And B: It's got the double-bladed lightsaber with the 'flared' lightsaber blades (that are accurate in length, from what I can tell by the picture). If nothing else, the weapon will make whichever Maul I choose to display look a little more like he belongs with all those AOTC lightsabers around. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 05:16 PM
I have no idea where they got the inspiration for this figure. The last 2 Mauls were based on concept art, what about this?
He is smiling like Jim Carrey as the Grinch (in the scene after "They wanna spend a little 'quality time' with the Grinch" or whatever).
He has no point and looks like crap. You know I'll get him! :D

Beast
05-28-2002, 05:19 PM
Actually, this Maul and the Sith Apprentice Maul are based on Concept art. The shirtless Maul was based on a comic book. I dunno, I kinda like the figure. And I definatly can't pass it up, since it includes a Sith Probe Droid. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-28-2002, 05:24 PM
More specifically, page 199 of the Art of Episode 1.

I wish they would have done them verbatim, though. The "Sith Apprentice" had feathers attached to wires going into his head, and this new "Sith Training" had no horns at all, and a slightly different pattern on his face.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 05:27 PM
I didn't know about him being from concept art. On the shirtless Maul cardback, I think it says "Darth Maul Concept Art."
It's an okay figure (heavy on the "okay"), but I'd much rather have an articulated, painted holographic Maul or one in a cloak from the beginning of the EI hangar duel.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 05:31 PM
Here you go!

MichaelV103
05-28-2002, 09:42 PM
I have to ask this. Do we really need another Darth Maul figure? Especially with that waist gap. I mean what is the gimmick this time? Spinning like a top? If thats the case, good luck getting this figure to stand up on its own.

JON9000
05-28-2002, 09:54 PM
I'd rather have a new Qui Gonn with a hole through the gut you could put Maul's saber through

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 09:12 AM
I'd rather have an invisible Maul that I didn't know existed so I wouldn't be haunted by its presence in the back of my mind every single waking hour of my life!!!! :crazed:

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I'd rather have an invisible Maul that I didn't know existed so I wouldn't be haunted by its presence in the back of my mind every single waking hour of my life!!!! :crazed:

Hehe.

I've got the original Final Duel Maul and the shirtless Maul, and pretty soon here I should be getting the Sith Speeder w/Maul. That's quite enough Maul for me.

187-Maul
05-29-2002, 04:13 PM
here's the pic from the comic (can't remember where I found it) where he's shirtless and you can see the droid that is included so it's actually from the comics (unike the cardback says)

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 04:15 PM
I think the deal with calling the shirtless Maul concept or comic is that the way Maul appeared in the comic was based off of concept art...so technically both terms are correct, aren't they?

mylow thehutt
05-29-2002, 04:16 PM
Next we will be getting pantsless Maul:D :crazed: :dead: :greedy: :cry: :kiss: :Pirate: :happy: :stupid: :evil: :sur: :zzz: :frus: :confused: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :p ;) :D :) :( :o

DarthBrandon
05-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't buy it if you paid me too, unless it was millions. LOL
Useless figure that is still a pegwarmer. Wouldn't want it as a gift either. Pure Garbage.

HAK
05-29-2002, 09:57 PM
man i run across this a lot- it seems to me that many of you are going to be missing out on a good figure because either a) hes a popular character (i dont know why people dont like them- they are popular for a reason) or b) you really dont like him (wich there is no reason to because he is a great character- just didnt get the best screen usage)

anyways though i like maul- i like this figure as well- if you dont like him- great- it will just be easier for me to find him :)

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by HAK
man i run across this a lot- it seems to me that many of you are going to be missing out on a good figure because either a) hes a popular character (i dont know why people dont like them- they are popular for a reason) or b) you really dont like him (wich there is no reason to because he is a great character- just didnt get the best screen usage)

anyways though i like maul- i like this figure as well- if you dont like him- great- it will just be easier for me to find him :)

I don't think I'll want this figure because I think it looks lame, and they've done far too many versions of Maul already. This one doesn't offer anything interesting or new (unlike for example the shirtless Maul - that one was different enough to warrant a purchase, IMO). Has nothing to do with my opinion of the character itself.