PDA

View Full Version : Padme Namberrie Amidala-Skywalker-Vader..

Arrogant Arse
05-28-2002, 09:23 AM
I have a question. Why was Amidala the assination target? Was she against Palpatine? Would she not have given him "emergency powers?"

billfremore
05-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Padme was opposed to the formation of an army of the republic to fight the separatists.

So Palpatine engineered the assasination plot to get her off Coruscant to speed this along and also because he knew he could easliy manipulate Jar Jar into making the motion to give him the emergency powers.

BlahBlahBlah
05-28-2002, 10:15 AM
Um... it seemed to me that Padme was the target because Nute Gunray wouldn't sign anything Dooku offered unless her head was on his desk.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 10:20 AM
It actually could be both. Padme Amidala (and all other names of hers, as mentioned in the title of this thread :crazed: ) would never have allowed the creation of the army. So, it might have been Palpy.
And even though nothing was really said, Nute really seemed to want her dead. He never came right out and said, "I won't sign anything, Dooku, until she's dead." But it might have been an incentive to be a part of the Seperatist movement.

billfremore
05-28-2002, 10:23 AM
It seems if you look everything that happens in this movie is "according to his design"
I'm sure this was all part of Palpatine/Sidous's plan
It's quite a complicated little endeavour he's created.

BlahBlahBlah
05-28-2002, 10:36 AM
"What about the senator from Naboo?" asked the Neimodian, Nute Gunray, his beady eyes and thin features seeing smaller still beneath the tripronged headdress he always wore. "Is she dead yet? I'm not signing your treaty until I have her head on my desk."

--Nute Gunray, page 265 of the book. And I'm pretty sure it's in the movie, too, though I don't remember. Can anyone confirm if that line is in the movie?

billfremore
05-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Yes this line was in the movie

Lman316
05-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Oh...well, then I recant - about Nute actually saying he won't sign anything until...
But, like I said, it seems to be both.
However, do the Seperatists really need the Trade Federation? Granted, they wanted the TF's army to add to their own, but in the grand scheme of things, would they really need ole Nutey? If Nute didn't sign, big deal. No skin off anyone's nose...or face if they are without that part of the body :p.
But, Palpy wouldn't need Amidala dead, just off Coruscant. I'm sure that he wouldn't care if she did die, but he doesn't need it to happen. But it would explain why she has to leave, so....
I don't know....back and forth, this one goes.

End :).

BlahBlahBlah
05-28-2002, 10:49 AM
Someone here mentioned a while back that they thought Nute Gunray would be caught in the flames of Jango's flamethrower. I really wish that woulda happened. Hopefully in episode 3 they'll finally kill Nute. Besides, his battle droids are outdated, anyway.

But the only reason I could see the Separtists needing the trade federation is that they needed as many names as they could get to throw in the Republics face.

"Look, we've got so and so, and this, and that, and them... oh yeah, the trade fedreation, too!"

billfremore
05-28-2002, 11:31 AM
The whole separatist movement was created by Sidous, in effort to create the need for a Republic Army and to get himself the powers of an emperor.

billfremore
05-28-2002, 11:37 AM
So in a nutshell everyone was manipulated in one way or another, including the trade federation

JediTricks
05-28-2002, 09:58 PM
It seemed like both to me too.