PDA

View Full Version : The massiff is not Goenosian but Tusken!

jedi master sal
05-28-2002, 09:07 AM
It took me until the sixth viewing to notice that the massiff is not a geonosian creature but a Tusken raider dog.

Notice two of them fighting over a bone (or something) just after Anakin jumps down from the cliff. One even comes after Anakin when he decapitates two of the Tuskens. (lower right corner of scene as the Tusken is running toward camera)

What a major goof on the part of Hasbro.

Now they'll go and make a Tusken w/Massiff figure.

Maybe this will be the accessory to the new male Tusken figure.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 09:22 AM
Check out my reply in the movie section. I have explained your query - I think. :).

Can I get accused of post padding for plugging my posts? :crazed:

End.

Taichi
05-28-2002, 09:46 AM
The Massiff is native to both Tatooine, and Geonosis....

check out a map of the Galaxy, the two planets are very close together....

Lord Tenebrous
05-28-2002, 10:53 AM
Isn't the chain grip removeable, so you can place it on a Tusken's hand if you want to do a different planet?

According to the VD, they're for the aristocrats, but we don't have any Geonosians of that stature yet. Massif is on the same page as Poggle, so here's hoping.

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 01:04 PM
It takes a one year lead time to get action figures done in time for a movie's release. Thus these figures had to be planned and ready to go by April 2001. Plenty of stuff was still in the script at that point that would eventually get cut from the movie. Obi-Wan's droid was supposed to get attacked by a Massif on Geonosis while it was out of the ship, but GL decided to have R4 hardwired and not removable thus that scene was cut after the figure was already in production. The same circumstances with Dooku's second lightsaber, Threepio's removable coverings and R3. All stuff cut from the film too late for Hasbro to do anything about.

Lman316
05-28-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Isn't the chain grip removeable, so you can place it on a Tusken's hand if you want to do a different planet?

Yeah, the chain and harness are removable AND, AND, the Geonosian pack-in can actually stand up! :happy: Now, if Hasbro can redo some other Geonosians to stand, I'll be happy.
Only thing about the Massiff, is that it's limited. The legs are stuck in one pose, so it might look repetitive if you're planning on doing the Tatooine display (that's what I'm doing, and I'm going to use the bone from the Rancor Luke for them to fight over). And the legs are spongy and soft, but it's got a really good sculpt. Not a bad figure at all - glad I finally found them :D (they were at Toyworks).

End :).