PDA

View Full Version : ESB Topps (1980's)

Lobito
09-18-2001, 09:29 PM
Who doesnt remember this incredible series...?? The red, blue and yellow series that is!

I completed the blue and the yellow, but i missed the red ones, which by the way were the best of the three. I have some red cards and in the begining of the cards there is a section called Star File, where u can see Han, Luke Darth, Boba, etc.. pretty cool!! Anyone remembers these series??

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2001, 07:07 PM
Something about the lime green-yellow border cards always made them my favorite, but the ESB series were the best of the vintage Topps line. It's the captions that made 'em great:

"Pardon me, sir, but oh!"
"Escape from icy peril"
"Examining Luke's tauntaun"
"Artoo peeking through"
"His day of triumph"
Etc.
Etc.

OC47150
09-20-2001, 08:43 AM
I have a few cards from all three series. Luckily, the Ralph McQuarrie art cards survived and I now have them in plastic sleeves. I'm not sure what series they belonged to.

Lobito
09-20-2001, 02:55 PM
Depending of the color and the number of the card, red color is series 1, blue color is series 2 and yellow is series 3.:D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-21-2001, 08:11 PM
And in case people aren't sure, the red and blue border cards are actually a dull silver, with red or blue trim. The yellow ones have some green trim, I think.

I always thought the McQuarrie art cards were weird; I didn't realize they were based on his production paintings, but I thought they were "interpretations" of how ESB could be. I was an odd child... ;)

2-1B
07-11-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm trying to get some of these cards from eBay, but man is it time consuming!
The auction I just won contains a 3 card lot of the yellow bordered cards. Yes, I said THREE ! :D
Price? 30 cents, meh I'll drop a dime per card.
I'm getting
"Lord Vader's Orders"
"Emerging from the Pit"
"Vader's Private Chamber"
Yes, all 3 of them!

Hehehehe, at this rate, it will take a long long
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
time to near a set!

Bel-Cam, the SW series had some great titles too! Right now I am thinking of the card with Leia watching the computer during the battle of Yavin, with the title
"Who will win the final Star War?" :D :D :D

Lobito
07-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Try to get the stickers also (series 1 were yellow with red, series 2 were blue with black and series 3 were green with blue) They all came in letters...2 letters in 1 card. I also remember that some stickers of the 2nd series were no letters...it was a big sticker with a picture of a SW character.

DarthBrandon
07-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I'm trying to get some of these cards from eBay, but man is it time consuming!
The auction I just won contains a 3 card lot of the yellow bordered cards. Yes, I said THREE ! :D
Price? 30 cents, meh I'll drop a dime per card.
I'm getting
"Lord Vader's Orders"
"Emerging from the Pit"
"Vader's Private Chamber"
Yes, all 3 of them!

Hehehehe, at this rate, it will take a long long
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
time to near a set!

Bel-Cam, the SW series had some great titles too! Right now I am thinking of the card with Leia watching the computer during the battle of Yavin, with the title
"Who will win the final Star War?" :D :D :D

Caesar, what cards are you looking for from the Yellow (Green Trim) series ? I have some doubles.

Heres my doubles

#328, #318, #334, #333, #282, #283, #313, #312, #311, #352, #304, #301, # 322, #330, #302.