PDA

View Full Version : Dooku's Death

jblodgett
05-01-2002, 12:54 PM
As everyone will know in a few weeks- Anakin and Dooku fight, and Anakin ultimately loses his arm in the battle....

But Anakin and Dooku must fight again in Episode II- right? At some point Anakin must defeat Dooku to take his place at the Emperor's side...

Could it be that this battle between Anakin and Dooku is what spurns Anakin to the dark side? I see another potential 3 person fight- between Obi-wan, Dooku, and Anakin- where Anakin finally slays Dooku and then turns against Obiwan as well.

Battle Droid
05-01-2002, 06:34 PM
I'd rather see Yoda defeat Dooku, in the cave on Dagboh.

Darth Spectre
05-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Maybe Anakin will take some time to study Dooku's style (II) of light saber combat between EPs II and III. So next time they meet, he will be more than prepared for what he is about to face. Palpatine might also play a role in Anakin's preparation for this duel (either onscreen or off).

Boba Fetish
05-01-2002, 11:41 PM
I think good ole Palpie will take him out by pitting Anakin against him just like he tried to encourage Luke to kill his father. Out wit' the old, in wit' the new.

dirtybones
05-02-2002, 10:12 AM
I think that Mr.Skywalker is so into himself at the point when he faces Dooku that his thinking that he is the best costs him the battle, oh and his arm.
Speaking of arm. Does or does he not lose it at the top of the elbow?

Runobot
05-28-2002, 11:23 AM
Speculation on how this goes down anyone?

I guess the safe bet is that Yoda kills him on Dagobah, in that cave he sent Luke into in ESB.

Well, what are your thoughts?

sunblind
05-28-2002, 11:46 AM
I think the same. With all that yoda said about that place that luke stands in and all. Plus killing dooku leaving behind his sith being and yoda having his jedi self on the same planet would balance out the force and than you would assume why vader cant sense yoda.

jblodgett
05-28-2002, 12:37 PM
I still think Anakin has to kill Dooku- to take his place at the Emperor's side.

Jedi Clint
05-28-2002, 12:53 PM
They set up his demise in AOTC. "......Even more powerful than Master Yoda." Yoda didn't kill Dooku, but Anakin will.

El Chuxter
05-29-2002, 05:45 PM
GL likes parallels. It'll be very similar to the "Take your father's place at my side scene" from ROTJ. Anakin will kill him and turn to the Dark Side. Then we get the lava duel with Obi-Wan we've been wanting for years. :D

Bosskman
05-29-2002, 06:41 PM
I'm 99% sure it will be Anakin that kills Dooku. I still think think that the cave on Dagobah will be explained a bit in the film though but I'm not exactly sure how.

Darth_Stevious
05-29-2002, 08:32 PM
I don't know if Anakin would have to kill Dooku to take his place beside Sidious as his apprentice. I think it would be more fitting for him to kill a Jedi to complete his path to the Dark Side. Possibly it will be a Jedi that Palpatine has Anakin believe is responsible for killing Padme or aiding her in going into hiding from him.
As far as the cave is concerned, we all know that it is a concentration of the Dark Side of the Force. The question is why or how it got that way. The death of a Dark Jedi on that spot would explain it. The question is: was that concentration there to begin with (possibly from a Sith Lord or apprentice who died there long ago) or if it is from Dooku or some other Dark Jedi who is killed on that spot in Ep3?
All I know is that I hope GL is good enough to offer up an explanation in Ep3 and not leave us wondering.

JodyB
05-29-2002, 08:57 PM
Common everyone... use your imagination! you don't need to see it on the screen... then it will ruin the charm.

Dryanta
05-29-2002, 09:06 PM
I personally think Anakin is already is Sideous' apprentice.Has been for long time.Yoda could kill off his old padawan.
The Obi Wan Vader Duels kinda set up a presadent for friction between Master/apprentice. And also fights to the finish.Maybe, just me.

MikeAndTheBots
05-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe Anakin could kill Dooku on Degobah. Since he feels it is an insignificant planet, he never checks their for jedi thinking the dark side concentration could keep them away.

Jedi Clint
05-29-2002, 09:23 PM
I don't see any need to explain the cave/tree on Dagobah. Yoda did a great job of explaining the place in TESB.

Darth_Stevious
05-29-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by JodyB
Common everyone... use your imagination! you don't need to see it on the screen... then it will ruin the charm.

I guess I never found the cave charming.:cool:

One more little tidbit for discussion.
R2D2 seems to have some recollection of Dagobah (as well as Tattooine for that matter). Remember R2 tried to get Luke to go someplace else instead. He even went so far as to try to get Luke to let him fly for a while. I know he may just have planetary information stored in his data banks, but just think. R2 could have been on Dagobah before, just like he was already on Tattooine. Even Luke said that it felt oddly familiar.
Could Dagobah be the first place Padme and the children are taken to hide? Could Dooku follow them and there and be defeated by Yoda in the rematch of the century? (I know I just said that I didn't really think Dooku died on Dagobah, but this theory just hit me).
I think R2D2's memory wipe was less thorough than C3P0's. Just watch him when they first land on Tattooine. He knew which way to go (or at least thought he did). While, 3P0 on the other had had no idea what so ever where he was or where he was going. Add that to R2's reaction when told that they are going to the Dagobah system and it makes you wonder.

Runobot
05-30-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
They set up his demise in AOTC. "......Even more powerful than Master Yoda." Yoda didn't kill Dooku, but Anakin will.

Who said that? In what film? And in reference to who?

I don't remember that at all.

Anyway, about this sensing Yoda on Dagobah...why do you guys think that Jedi can sense one another at all? If that were the case then Qui-gon would not have had to use some blood test to identify Anakin as a potential Jedi.

Furthermore, even if the death of the mystery Sith on Dagobah hides Yoda's presence, why can't they find Obi-wan, a jedi master, or even Luke on Tattooine??? How come Darth Vader can't sense Leia has force abilityies when he stands next to her?

Everyone thinks the Jedi/Sith are a lot more powerful than they have been shown to be.

Anyway, back to the topic...I would love to see Anakin get powerful enough to kill Dooku, but seeing how quickly he got wooped by him makes me think it is doubtful he would be that much more powerful from AOTC and E3.

Who knows, maybe his turning to the dark side will make him much stronger, as Yoda did admit to Luke (in ROTJ?) that the dark side is much quicker...We shall see.

Jedi Clint
05-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Palpatine to Anakin in AOTC - "I see you becoming the greatest of all Jedi. Even more powerful than Master Yoda."

jblodgett
05-30-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't think they have to explain the tree at Dagobah. They never needed to explain it before, did they? Why would they need to now?

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 01:13 PM
You know Darh_Stevious is right I was just recently watching TESB and Luke does comment about the fact that Dagobah is strangely familiar to him. I was wondering about that, and now reading your guys posts, I have to agree, Dagobah might just the stomping grounds of EIII or at least the birth of the skywalker twins. As for a big fight there, I think Yoda might just use Dagobah as an exile place, to escape Palpatine

CGSPAWN
07-28-2002, 11:33 AM
I think that he will be taken down by Vader. I mean, it only makes sense. Anyone else have a different prediction?

And I apologize if this has been discussed. I am new to this board...

DeadEye
07-28-2002, 01:57 PM
There are a great many threads devoted to such topics. But we've speculated that Dooku will fall by the blade of Anakin/Vader or Mace Windu, most likely.

hango fett
07-28-2002, 02:14 PM
yes! kill the old geezer! he hurt obi-wan! oh...he hurt anikan too...who cares about ani, obi-wan and yoda rock!
hango

Needles
07-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Dooku may not be killed by Anikan or Yoda,but dies of old age,Yoda Did,and Dooku is about 80 something years old,thats old for humans.you never know though.

Darth Spectre
07-28-2002, 05:38 PM
In all honesty, I doubt the Dagobah cave issue will be touched upon at all. I mean, Lucas has still not explained why Yoda made that "Always two there are" comment in Episode I about the Sith, when Yoda should never have known anything about that, since that isn't how the Sith operated before their "extinction." Dooku must die before Anakin can become an apprentice to Palpatine, and I suspect like Luke vs Vader in Jedi, Anakin will face Dooku and slay him as Palpatine smiles (either secretly still at that time or being at the duel in the open). Dagobah must remain unknown to Vader and Palpatine or else Yoda would not have been safe there. It is still possible that some mentioning of the dark side on Dagobah could be touched upon. Maybe something Obi-Wan has with him when he stops there with the infant Luke could explain it, maybe something that belonged to Anakin at one point.

Captain Trips
07-29-2002, 02:26 PM
I also just don't see the dark-side cave on Dagobah getting much of an explanation unless it is something in passing. I do agree that Luke and Leia may have been taken there before they were separated (hence Luke's feelings of familiarity), but I doubt we'll learn too much about the planet. There are still WAY too many loose ends to try to tie up to even begin to attempt explaining everything.

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 11:30 AM
I think either he will die of old age or fall to the feet of Mace or Vader or even Sidious.!! :)

billfremore
07-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Oooh, that'd be impressive to see...

Count Dooku dies of old age.
Talk about an action-packed scene! :rolleyes: ;)

sunblind
07-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Die of old age. Impressive!

DeadEye
07-31-2002, 02:17 PM
That would be the most boring death ever for the coolest villain ever. And if anything, I think Dooku would be the one who kills Mace. Dooku will be killed by Sidious/Palpatine or Anakin/Vader.

billfremore
07-31-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
That would be the most boring death ever for the coolest villain ever.

So I take it Darth vader ranks lower than Dooku on your cool villain scale.

Hmmmm....:stupid:

DeadEye
07-31-2002, 02:58 PM
Yeah, actually he does. Vader is lame compared to Dooku. :D

hango fett
07-31-2002, 03:02 PM
i like vader and dooku equally....but if they had a battle (vader, not anikan.) dooku would most likely win. we will find out in 2.6 years (guesstamite of how much longer the wait is ;))
h.

Jedi Clint
07-31-2002, 03:26 PM
Anakin Skywalker's anger toward Count Dooku and the separatists and his loyalty to Palpatine's Republic/Empire is key to coupling his anger with his ego and will result in Skywalker taking a huge leap toward the dark side when he destroy's Dooku and opens the door for Palpatine to reunify the Republic into his Empire.

billfremore
07-31-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yeah, actually he does. Vader is lame compared to Dooku. :D

So I can assume by you using a smiley face at the end of your statement that your kidding around and don't really believe that then.

Dar' Argol
08-03-2002, 12:24 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Vader became Vader when he killed the previous Sith Lord. And I also recal it saying that he had That Sith Lords Skeleton hanging up in his chambers???? Is this right or did I hit my head on something???

Hellboy
08-03-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking that Dooku either kills Padme himself or orders her executed and in a fit of rage Anakin kills Dooku with the support of Palpatine and thus starts on his path to becoming the next Sith Lord.:)

hango fett
08-04-2002, 12:11 PM
sonds very errie, dar argol. could be....a skeleton of dooku....that would be a cool thing to put in the dvds!!!
h.

Darth Vellner
08-05-2002, 11:41 AM
ok how about this....Palpatine and dooku are havind a (Sith)meeting ,in walks ani ..not knowing Palpatine is Sith yet.....but dooku is sith and the leader of the sepretest movement. Ani will think he is protecting palpy, but durring the fighting ( think ROTJ) Palpy will say stuff like "give in to your hatered" "the dark side {IS} more powerful"and reminding him this is who cut off your arm.then telling him he is the sith lord and now that ani is all powerful and has defeated dooku to let palpy teach ani the true nature of the force.....THE DARK SIDE...THE SITH

Ep. 3...RISE OF THE EMPIRE

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Anakin strikes down Dooku and takes his place at Sidious's side in the same manner that Luke could of done to his father in ROTJ

mabudonicus
08-07-2002, 01:14 PM
dooku ain't sith, Mace is. Dooku will offer the "join me' thing to ani, and cap the offer off with "your mother never told you about me, I AM YOUR FATHER" Anakin will join him in an attempt to re-connect to family that he never thought he had, together they will attempt to destroy the power structure of the galaxy (both the senate, lead by the sith, and the jedi order, led by the 2nd sith) Obi wan will kill dooku, anakin will LOSE IT at that point and end up fighting him, boba will kill mace for betraying his father (as the real 2nd sith, he was working with jango), and at the end, when the smoke clears, yoda and ben will have fled, the dismantling of the corrupt power structures now complete, and anakin will have no choice, being totally shattered, but to join palps, knowing that that is the only way he will 1- survive long enough to do anything, and 2- ever have a chance at striking down the true evil (just like dooku was doing in aotc- he ain't a bad guy, he just plays one to keep the heat off)

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2002, 01:54 PM
If Dooku, or anyone else, utters the words "I am your father" to Anakin, I will get up and leave the theatre immediately after....and NEVER watch an sw film again. It's got to be the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. The whole Idea behind this chosen one thing is that of a miracle. Yes it's christ like (or any numerous other immacuilate conception stories in the religions of the world) but thats the whole idea behind this chosen one. He was developed by the damn force in order to bring balance.

Sorrry.....that sounds a little angrier than I intended.....

JesusFreak
08-23-2002, 01:12 PM
What about this, instead of Mace being the real 2nd sith, maybe Anakin has been a sith all this time working undercover. I know its really out there but it might work, and it would be an awesome plot twist. Anakin loves Padme but will also be a sith. Palpatine convinces Anakin that Obi-Wan killed Padme (when she's really still alive) so Anakin has his fight with Obi-Wan half way through the movie. Then Anakin gets his black suit, Yoda confronts Dooku sometime during the movie and kills him. Obi-Wan takes Padme and Leia to Alderaan where Padme takes care of Leia for a couple years then gives her into the Organa's keeping. Padme goes into hiding. Obi-Wan along with Yoda and Luke go to Dagobah to drop Yoda off. Then Obi-Wan and luke go to Tatooine, Obi-wan gives Luke the the Lars, Obi-wan goes into hiding, the end.

Oh yah and the stormtroopers go out to kill all the jedi and anakin leads them.

Darth Vellner
08-23-2002, 11:32 PM
What if Dooku dies by an assassination and not in a Lightsaber fight
That would be a big surprise! and very unexpected.....

Bobajames
08-23-2002, 11:36 PM
it would be a little unexpected, but im thinking its a little bit of a let-down. Dooku was such a great lightsaber guy & he gets shot in the back by an assassin? that would suck... anakin should KILL him for takin his arm or something

Needles
08-25-2002, 10:31 PM
What if Dooku lets himself get slain by Anikan because he believes in Sidious so much he'll sacrafice himself to anikan so anikan can become Sidious (probally by now,Emporer Palpitine) new apprentice

Darth Vellner
08-25-2002, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Needles
What if Dooku lets himself get slain by Anikan because he believes in Sidious so much he'll sacrafice himself to anikan so anikan can become Sidious (probally by now,Emporer Palpitine) new apprentice [/QUOTE

And Dooku Becomes one with the "Dark Side Of the" FORCE!
That would be a First.

The Overlord Returns
08-27-2002, 01:27 PM
I think the whole idea of the "take your fathers place at my side" thing was more a way of turning LUKE toward the dark side. If Vader/ emperor were able to get luke to kill his own father, the man he'd shown up to save, he would pretty much have been too faqrgone to resist the dark side. Personally it's an idea specific to that moment in rotj, and I don't see it being repeated.

It'd be more likely that dooku is defeated in battle near the beginning of the film, paving the way for palpatine to seduce anakin completely over to the dark side.