PDA

View Full Version : Action figure stands?

billfremore
05-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Does anybody know the best kind of action figure stands to get?

and would it be possible to get them here in canada?

and are they realitively inexpensive?

and do I ask too many questions?

kadamontaga
05-30-2002, 12:51 PM
I tried to find out about stands for SW figures a few weeks ago and came up with nothing.
In the UK it seems that Protech stands are the only ones available. I bought 60 of them for 21 the other day.

As you'll see in the pictures, these stands are fairly small, black and circular. They come suitable for vintage or 1995+ figures. The only difference is in the little peg that goes into the figure's foot.

I really like these stands, I think they give the figures a sort of classy feeling - they look less like toys and more like ornaments. They work well for most figures, but some of the "action posed" figures' legs are too far apart.

kadamontaga
05-30-2002, 12:53 PM
They don't seem as suitable for "scenes" involving several figures as those transparent ones that I've seen on some american websites.
This is a picture of the new Luke and Vader.

kadamontaga
05-30-2002, 12:56 PM
And as I said, some figures' legs are too far apart.

billfremore
05-30-2002, 01:05 PM
I'm familiar with these stands, I bought a bunch before.

Where did you get yours?

kadamontaga
05-30-2002, 01:08 PM
Okay, maybe someone else will find the information useful.

I bought them at r2dtoys in London, England. They have a website, but its a bit crap www.r2dtoys.com

stormie
05-31-2002, 01:24 PM
You can also get two different types of stands at The Earth Toy Mall http://www.theearthtoymall.com

They sell their own brand, as well as the black Protech type. Pretty cheap if you buy in bulk. I prefer the Protech type for the modern figures, rather than their own "Earth" brand because the pegs fit more snugly, and there's only one stand needed per figure.

Jayspawn
05-31-2002, 01:36 PM
I find that the clear ones with the 2 pegs that the Fan Club sells work very well.

billfremore
05-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I find that the clear ones with the 2 pegs that the Fan Club sells work very well.

Thet're a little pricey compare to the protech ones.

I'm trying to see if my comic store can order them for me so I don;t have to go through the rigamaroll of currency exchange and so on