PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks... (rant)

KornStarX
05-28-2002, 05:29 PM
...that the TIE Bomber is a very cheaply made toy for the $80 (Cnd) I payed for it? The wings bend if you press on them, the things on the front of the missile port can be pulled apart and bent, the things on the back of both pods can be twisted and pulled off and the Pilots joints are way too loose.. It might be a cliche, but they just don't make 'em like they used to! Now I can deal with the fact that it's way too small, but this is too much! Who else agrees with me?

atomicmaniac
05-28-2002, 11:55 PM
I cannot believe you paid $80 for that thing, you should have posted that you wanted one on the forum and I am sure somebody would have helped out. I would have picked one up for you at Wal-mart. I see them all the time.

KornStarX
05-29-2002, 12:47 AM
I said I paid $80 Canadian (with tax by the way, it was originally $70), which is what I meant by (Cnd). That translates to about $48 American.. Unless you meant that I paid too much even for Canadian funds.. But there's nothing to do about that now...

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 01:43 AM
They sell for $30 over here, I think you paid too much; but like you said it is a moot point. I don't have one yet but I will keep your complaints in mind when I do get one. Thanks for the warning.:)

atomicmaniac
05-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Sorry, I did not notice that. 48 American is still a little high, but it is not a issue now. I just wish you had gotten a decent ship for the money.

jedi master sal
05-29-2002, 09:23 AM
as far as the bendy parts go.... at least it makes it harder to break. you should sent it up so that it either hangs from your cieling (tie whatever king of string you use to the fuselage(two center cylindrical columns)) or elevate it by the fuselage if your goinf to display on a shelf. I foresee that if you simply set it down on a shelf, over time the wings will bend (having to bear the full weight of the toy). I recommend to any who have not got this yet to NOT remove the figure. It is held in place by the clear rubber band. And you guys know that it is VERY hard to get that back on as tight as when you pulled it off the first time. I highly recommend keeping this one in the box. yes take it out to view it close up but save the box as 1) it just plain looks good, 2) it elevates the toy and keeps the wings from touching a surface and lastly 3) DUST!

$48 may have been a little to much but it really depends on where your from. In Pittsburgh, where I'm from, I only got to see it on the EPII release day. I got it and the snowspeeder but haven't seen them since. So to some $48 american may seem a bit much but if the is NO or very limited availability in your area then I think you made a good purchase.

stillakid
05-29-2002, 11:10 AM
It's a good ship, but, yeah, the bendy wings did concern me when I opened it up. Right now, I store it standing on end so that the weight doesn't warp the wings lengthwise. And, I did keep the pilot in there. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:36 AM
I agree, $30 is way too much for this thing. It's nice looking, but it needs to have either better fabrication or extras like electronics to make it worth the $$$.

187-Maul
05-29-2002, 02:38 PM
you guys are complaining about the price of a big vehicle WITH figure while we in europe (don't know about UK) have to pay that much for example anakin's speeder! talk about high prices!:mad:

fourtwo
05-29-2002, 07:22 PM
i heard the TIE bomber was coming to canada later this year.
you may wish you waited.

KornStarX
05-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
$48 may have been a little to much but it really depends on where your from. In Pittsburgh, where I'm from, I only got to see it on the EPII release day. I got it and the snowspeeder but haven't seen them since. So to some $48 american may seem a bit much but if the is NO or very limited availability in your area then I think you made a good purchase.

I think it was about 10 bucks too much (or 7 bucks American). I had to get it at a collectors because I live in Vancouver, Canada and I don't think that the walmarts in Canada carry bombers or snowspeeders.. Besides I rode 4 miles each way on my bike to get this one, and there are no walmarts in my area. Next is the snowspeeder, same price, same place...

Turbowars
05-29-2002, 09:27 PM
I have a solution for this problem. Leave the figures and ships in the boxes. The Tie looks awesome in the box. It looks soooo cool I would like to open it,LOL but I know that I will be disapointed if I do. I vote for MOMO or MISB. HEHEHE :crazed:

Jayspawn
05-30-2002, 01:28 AM
I can't believe you paid $80 for it either. I havn't found it yet and I'm not about to pay that much for it. I'll stick to the $30 retail price.

jedi master sal
05-30-2002, 10:25 AM
He did say $80 canadien, which is $48 american. not bad, again if availability is none or extremely low. I don't like to pay inflated prices either. I just have to be thankful that I live in a city where we get everything.

Old Fossil
06-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Strange to hear talk of bendy wings on this vehicle. I've had mine sitting on a shelf on display for well over a month now and I see no sign of... sagging.

As for the price, I don't think $30 (US) is too much for the Bomber. It's quite well made and I like the TIE Pilot pack-in.