PDA

View Full Version : WHY! i STILL can't find these with a background!

hango fett
05-28-2002, 06:26 PM
we FINALLY found plo koon with a background today. but we still can't find dexter or battle droid with a background! this is insane! they have millions of battle droids but absolutly zero of them have it. does anyone else have this problem?

Hellboy
05-28-2002, 07:45 PM
I had the same problem in my area finding Dexter w/background but went to Times Square TRU while on vacation and I solved that problem. Other than him I'd say the hardest one's to find in the N.W. area with backgrounds are the Battle Droid and the Genosian Warrior.

JON9000
05-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Never come across a background Dexter myself. it's the only one I am missing. Probably due to all the pipe variations in the figure- likely all snapped up. Ebay prices are reasonable though. I haven't seen too many R2's with backgrouds either.

MichaelV103
05-28-2002, 09:36 PM
I can still find Geonosian warrior and battle droid with backgrounds. The ones I can find with the inserts are R2-D2 and Dexter.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 11:14 PM
I hate those stinkin' backgrounds! The only one I have is from Jorg Sacul, I hate it hate it hate it!

DarthMushy
05-28-2002, 11:33 PM
The only background that I couldn't find was the Geonosian Warrior...

JON9000
05-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Awwww! Cannot get your ship out! If you hate Sacul I would gladly relieve you of the burden!!! Or you could hold him for awhile and get the big bucks...

Darth Annexis
05-29-2002, 01:16 AM
I got most of my figs on release night. Honestly, I don't care for the flimsy cardboard inserts...sure they all have them in my collection thus far...but the cardboard...can this really mean "collector's item" ? I think in Twenty years, cardboard or not, my figures will be worth my son's college education! He'll just have to get his own collection!

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 09:01 AM
I just saw a few figs with background inserts yesterday - R2, Padme, and the Battle Droid I think.

The Geonosian Warrior (for some reason) has been EXTREMELY hard to find in my area, but the two times I've found him, he had the insert. The Dexter I bought to open had the insert.

There are still tons of Battle Droids w/insert around here, if you want me to pick you up one for cost + shipping....

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 09:04 AM
I hate the inserts.... while they are in the bubbles anyhow. They make nice little mini backdrops for little groupings of figures.

JediDan
05-29-2002, 12:18 PM
The Battle Droid w/insert was the ONLY figure I could not find with the insert. He was and still is nowhere to be found. If you want him they are selling him w/insert at Jamstoys.com I believe for $10.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
My local K-Mart has both Dexter and Battle Droid w/ BG's.

LTBasker
05-30-2002, 12:07 AM
I've got a few of the backgrounds figures, saw Jango and Padme at Wal-Mart earlier, couldn't get them though. I've 9 out of 16 of the basic background figures (Sacul I do without plus he was an exclusive not a basic fig so... :D) and Jango and Padme would've made 11 for me. They're not all that hard to find actually, well they are but they aren't, they just occasionally pop up in places, especially in Wal-Marts with not a whole lot of traffic going to the SW toys.

It's ironic too, the only background figure I need from Collection 2 Wave 1 is the Battle Droid which was the first to be seen on the net without a background which was thought to be rarer. :D

R2-D2
05-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Found 2 geonesian warriors this morning with backgrounds.
R2

mrmiller
05-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Funny, the only figures I cannot find with the backgrounds are Jar Jar and Nikto. I see the others all the time, even Dex and the battle droids. If anyone wants to trade a Jar Jar and Nikto background figure for 2 others- PM me.

DarthMushy
05-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Nikto is #21, Jar Jar is #24. I thought only figures 1-16 had inserts?

RooJay
05-31-2002, 12:45 AM
I have a question for those who "hate" the backgrounds: Why? They don't cost any extra. Anytime I get something extra in the package for free, regardless of the quality, I'm a happy camper! Just wondering.

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 02:15 AM
Only these figures have the backgrounds:
Collection 1:
Padme
Anakin - Peasent Disguise
Obi-Wan
R2-D2
C-3PO
Super Battle Droid
Kit Fisto
Jango Fett
Collection 2:
Battle Droid
Plo Koon
Boba Fett
Tusken Mother (quite a nice one too)
Shaak Ti
Captain Typho
Dexter Jettster
Geonosian Warrior
Exclusives:
Sacul

The other three from the Dexter wave were never released and haven't even been seen with or heard of having a background.

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
I have a question for those who "hate" the backgrounds: Why? They don't cost any extra. Anytime I get something extra in the package for free, regardless of the quality, I'm a happy camper! Just wondering.

Well, I guess for people who leave their figs carded, if they have an insert behind the fig that doesn't look good in the first place (some don't have enough color contrast so you can hardly tell what they are), plus it's curling up behind the fig, it messes up the overall apperance of the package. I open everything anyway so I don't care. My inserts went right in the trash. :happy:

mrmiller
05-31-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the list LT. I had printed a list off previously ( from these forums too ) that had Nikto and Jar Jar in it. Oh well, looks like I've been wastion a lot of time looking for something that doesn't exist- Just like those Bloody Hand Lukes :) .

LTBasker
05-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Actually the bloody hand Luke does exist, I found one and opened it before the variations were reported. :D Looks better with the red paint for the "blood" most definitely. Why they changed is beyond me, especially considering the detail they're putting on the split-in-half-torso-and-from-waist Geonosian in the Deluxe Ani pack.

The backgrounds are ok, IMO. Not a whole lot of them are very good though like the Geonosian Warrior's that looks like a mad scientist's idea of an ink blot. The best ones seem to be Tusken Mother's, Dexter's and Sacul's, but Sacul's seems to be basically a very blue smaller version of the background that came in the Rebel Pilots cinema scene. I'm kinda glad they dropped the backgrounds so we won't be getting "this figure came with THAT figure's background! how rare?!?!?!" or anything like that in the long run.

BanthaPoodoo
05-31-2002, 01:05 PM
Missing R2-D2 with a background.... I had it on layaway at one time but I won't get into what happened with that :( Wish I could find it again.. Then I could have a complete set.........

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
Thanks for the list LT. I had printed a list off previously ( from these forums too ) that had Nikto and Jar Jar in it. Oh well, looks like I've been wastion a lot of time looking for something that doesn't exist- Just like those Bloody Hand Lukes :) .

Eh yeah he does exist, I've found 5 of him so far. I've got one up for trade right now on these very forums. :)

Unless you meant he's so hard to find that it's like he doesn't even exist - in which case I definitely know what you mean.

mrmiller
05-31-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset

Unless you meant he's so hard to find that it's like he doesn't even exist - in which case I definitely know what you mean.

Yea, that's what I was meaning, seeing as I've never seen one in person :D . I get a little carried away with my sarcasm sometimes :crazed: .

=MATT=

JON9000
05-31-2002, 03:08 PM
It's too bad- R2 comes with one of the cooler backgrounds, I think. I've only seen one. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but sometimes you can find some stuff that is usually HTF in places like computer game stores and the like. You might try there.

Forhekset
05-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller

Yea, that's what I was meaning, seeing as I've never seen one in person :D . I get a little carried away with my sarcasm sometimes :crazed: .

=MATT=

And sometimes my "sarcasm detector" doesn't work so well. :D