PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the CC Obiwans gone?

Billiam86
05-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Went figure hunting for Palpatine (no luck) but as I was searching through the pegs I noticed that Obiwan was nowhere to be seen. I also saw at Target that Obiwan was MIA. Hmm...I guess it proves whoever said it's theory that kids saw the movie and then wanted an Obiwan because he was a main character...that still doesnt explain why there are loads of OPD Anakins...but hey, kids are never to young to learn the difference between a good figure and a crappy figure...

bigbarada
05-28-2002, 07:21 PM
Yeah, Anakin OPD doesn't cut the mustard with kids over here either.

ScarletX
05-28-2002, 07:44 PM
I'll tell you where they went... striaght to the TRU near me! They cloned them and they are going bananas in Northern VA / DC!!!

MichaelV103
05-28-2002, 08:33 PM
I also have plenty of Obis in my area, I can even get a bunch with inserts still.

Wonderboy
05-28-2002, 09:34 PM
I've noticed the same thing here in the Los Angeles area...Obi Wan has become a very hard figure to find...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 09:59 PM
I haven't noticed. I don't pay attention in stores to figures I already have . . .

DarthMushy
05-28-2002, 10:16 PM
My local Wal-Marts seem to now have an abundance of Luminaras and Royal Guards, and the Obi-Wans and Anakin OPDs are on the verge of disappearing.

Darth Nihilus
05-28-2002, 11:58 PM
I left Obi-Wan alone thinking he would warm the pegs as he was already doing, but after the movie came out - Sold Out everywhere. Bah, he who hesitates...

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 08:08 AM
Same here, Obi-Wan has become rather scarce. Actually I've seen kids several times asking their parents for OPD Anakin, he's starting to actually sell too. Though they'd probably rather have HD Anakin if he wasn't so hard to find. The Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We are starting to really clog up the pegs here, along with Zam Wesell.

I'm sure glad I paid $7.50 each on the net for 2 Royal Guards back when they were hard to find, only to see them become pegwarmers a week later :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 08:28 AM
and you said he'd be the major pegwarmer! :D

Rogue II
05-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Yeah, there are tons of Obi Wan's here in DC/MD. There are so many of the first wave or 2 figures, none of the stores are putting out newer waves. I smell a Episode I type clearance sale on the Saga figures.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Same here, Obi-Wan has become rather scarce. Actually I've seen kids several times asking their parents for OPD Anakin, he's starting to actually sell too. Though they'd probably rather have HD Anakin if he wasn't so hard to find. The Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We are starting to really clog up the pegs here, along with Zam Wesell.

I'm sure glad I paid $7.50 each on the net for 2 Royal Guards back when they were hard to find, only to see them become pegwarmers a week later :rolleyes:

Yeah, Zam is REALLY stuffing the pegs here also.

CC Obi isn't exactly hard to find here but he's not everywhere either. That's what happens when they build a decent figure of a main character, and actually give him a gimmick that works just like it's supposed to. :)

Darth Nihilus
05-29-2002, 12:55 PM
The movie plays a part in desirability as well, just look at how Luminara is starting to clog shelves after her disappointing role in the movie. Compare that to her popularity before the movie showed what a useless background character she was.

Jaina Solo
05-29-2002, 01:07 PM
I can't find Obi-Wan either. Left him on the pegs back when there were tons of them because I thought the sculpt was kind of ugly, and the hair's too light, but now I'm seriously kicking myself.

I guess people started to get desperate for an Obi-Wan figure, so they bought that one.

Darth Evil
05-29-2002, 01:45 PM
Wow, I see loads of Obi-Wan here, along with Kamino Jango and OPD Anakin.

Darth Diablo
05-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Has anyone but me noticed how short CC Obi Wan is?? I stood him next to my PM Obi Wan and he is a midget! I know he is in an "attack stance", but even if he was standing straight up, he still would be shorter than both the PM and POTF Obi Wan's! Improve that posture CC Obi Wan, stop slouching!

Oh, btw, CC Obi Wan is extremely abundant in Columbus, OH. Yoda, howver, is no where to be found. :Pirate: