PDA

View Full Version : Palpatine DID have accessories...

Darth Trymybestus
05-28-2002, 07:25 PM
check this out..

Beast
05-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Intresting picture, where did you find it DT? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
05-28-2002, 07:32 PM
www.toysrus.co.uk search for "palpatine, is that hologram dooku????
I've got palpatine and he's got NO accesories but ah well, he's an AWESOME sculpt

Beast
05-28-2002, 07:34 PM
It sure looks like Count Dooku. Lucas probably told Hasbro they couldn't pack the holo Count in with ole Palpy, cause he's still trying to confuse whether Palpy and Sidious are the same. Frankly they should have packed in a mini holo Dar Wac. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
05-28-2002, 07:38 PM
either it's Dooku or that character that came up on his desk to tell him that jar jar and amidala had arrived etc.
I can't really remember what that character looked like though, it's more likely Dooku cos Lucas wants to keep the mystery of Dooku and Palpatine under wraps till Episode III.
I wonder if anyone actually has a palpatine with this accessory? That would get the ebayers going!

Beast
05-28-2002, 07:42 PM
The person that popped up on his desk was Dar Wac, his rodian assistant. That holo figure definatly looks like Count Dooku to me, from the human looking build and face and the cape. Still very cool, hopefully they end up packing holo Dooku with someone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
05-28-2002, 07:44 PM
I think they should have given it to him. It wouldn't have to have Sith connections at all, it would just be Dooku and Palpatine, leaders of opposing factions.

Then you could use the Dooku hologram with Jango, Geonosians, Jedi Library. I'm disappointed now. :(

mylow thehutt
05-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Maby the darth sidoues figure.

Darth Detori
05-28-2002, 08:37 PM
I also seem to recall him coming with a camera droid...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 10:01 PM
It's officially not Dar Wac, it's Onaconda Farr or something like that. Look in the SWI.

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 12:06 AM
There is a Rodian in the Star Wars Scrapbook called Onaconda Farr, who looks amazingly like the Rodian who appeared in holo form early in the movie.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The person that popped up on his desk was Dar Wac, his rodian assistant. That holo figure definatly looks like Count Dooku to me, from the human looking build and face and the cape. Still very cool, hopefully they end up packing holo Dooku with someone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, but hopefuilly they pack it with some sort of base. Look at the teeny weeney feet on that Dooku! I can't see how he would be able to stand up on his own. :)

Lman316
05-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I think they should have given it to him. It wouldn't have to have Sith connections at all, it would just be Dooku and Palpatine, leaders of opposing factions.

But with the Dooku figure having the Sidious Hologram and some people thinking that Sidious is Palpy (me included), then it might give something away.

It does look like Dooku, but at the same time, I think it could pass for a Bail Organa hologram too - didn't they both have some type of cape? It's too tiny to really see and odds are it's a Dooku, but Bail would make sense too. I mean, like mentioned, the Dooku figure came with a Sidious hologram and we never saw that on screen. So, who's to say we couldn't get a Bail one too?

End :).

Darth Evil
05-29-2002, 01:38 PM
A Dooku hologram would've been cool, it's a pity that they didn't go with it.

mylow thehutt
05-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
it could come with the darth sidous figure.

it could be,Jar Jar what do you think?:confused:

mylow thehutt
05-29-2002, 03:45 PM
also at the TRU web site,it said Palpy was Vader's right hand man.

stormie
05-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Actually, that little figure kinda looks like a vintage Lando General. But that just wouldn't make sense now, wouldn't it? ;)

Jargo
05-29-2002, 05:29 PM
The official line on the rodians we see in AOTC is that they were costumed the same to give a sense of unity in the rodians like in the OT with Greedo and Beedo. The holo rodian is Dar Wac Palpatine's aide and the rodian who we see in the flesh is Senator Onaconda Farr. That's the official line but i think personally that they were cutting corners and just too lazy to recostume the guy. They just re-used the same costume hoping no-one would notice as usual. Which we do of course - notice that is.

I thought the mini hologram was really cool when I found it too. I'm kinda ****ed that it didn't pack with Palpatine. I'm hoping we get a holo Mace with an Anakin or Padme. Who wouldn't want a holo Mace windu? Or a holo Obi-Wan.

Beast
05-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Sounds like some good ideas to me, Jargo. Don't forget a mini holo Darth Vader with a new version of General Veers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Actually a mini holo Nute Gunray and Rune Haako with a new OOM-9 would be cool.
A mini holo droideka would be so frickin' cool beyond words. :D If they make the Naboo royal yacht then they should pack the Mace, Obi and droideka holograms in with it.

Tycho
05-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Jargo is right. I thought about the mini-holo destroyer. It's the one I want most.

Who should it come with?

There are some good options:

R2D2 - rerelease the ever popular Holo-sculpt

and better,

Padme Amidala the white flightsuit with cape (how she appeared before the Nexu made her a new half-top).

The hologram should be similar to the Djerrik chess board pieces in that it could incorporate more than one character.

I think it would be sweet if it showed both the Droideka firing, and Obi-Wan falling back from the blast, his lightsaber on!

--------------------------------------------------------

While we're on the subject, the holo-Sidious that Dooku comes with should be substitutable for Obi-Wan Kenobi or any Jedi or Sith with their cloak up.

Mace had his hood down. He could come with Padme's yacht.

R2 would be better with a normal holo-Kenobi.

They should make Poggle the Lesser come with a Holo-Death Star! (That would be cool!)

And I agree - Palpatine should have come with the Holo-Rodian. Since he didn't, maybe Sly Moore will be made and he'll come with it.

There's still Anakin to be made normal (not over-dramatised in his expression). He should have his dark Jedi robe on (Vader Style) and he could come with the Holo-Mace, too. (receiving his instructions from the High Council).

Now then, I think that about covers E2's Holograms. But I probably missed one and you guys will catch it! Right gang? :)

Beast
05-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Now then, I think that about covers E2's Holograms. But I probably missed one and you guys will catch it! Right gang? :)
Don't forget the giant holo war room table, on Geonosis. They could easily pack it cut in half with 2 different deluxe figures. Or start a new line of charecters w/ big set pieces. I know these have been mentioned before, but here we go. :)

General Jan Dodanna w/ Holo Table from ANH
General Carlist Reikeen w/ Holo display from ESB
General Madine w/ Holo Table w/ Endor and Death Star from ROTJ
Count Dooku (Cloth Cloak) w/ Holo War Room Table from AOTC's

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
05-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Those are good suggestions. A lot of people including myself have supported the classic choices in that list before.

Along with:

Queen Amidala and Throne Room Desk
Queen Amidala and Return to Naboo Starship Throne (fits in ship)
Nute Gunray and Spider-Walker chair (fits Sidious Hologram)
C-3PO and Lars Garage Oil Bath
Chancellor Palpatine and Executive Desk
Chancellor Valorum and Speaker's Podium (fits 3 figures)

etc. etc. etc.