PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3, the complete story synopsis!

DeadEye
05-28-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Go here--beware of SPOILERS.

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=21324&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domai

Darth_Stevious
05-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Looks like a nice bit of fan fiction to me, but nothing more. The story line is pretty amateurish. The creation of a new Sith apprentice (Darth Jade) goes against what has already been established as the rule of the Sith (There can only be 2 a master and an apprentice no more). Its going to be a long 3 years and we are going to see a great deal more of these false story lines before it is all said and done so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Fulit
05-28-2002, 11:24 PM
At supershadow.com there was two synopsis', one of them was similar, if not the same to the one you provided a link to. The other one sounded more plausible, and, despite some of the dubious content on Super Shadow's site (don't know if it's still around), his synopsis of E2 proved to be right. So...........

Fulit
05-28-2002, 11:30 PM
OMG, the site is still there, and so is the E3 synopsis, but now this guy wants you to send him 7 bucks for "access to the premium section" of site, which contains the synopsis. How ridiculous. Read some of the other crap on his site, some of the B.S. "quotes" from Lucas, and you'll see even further why this is B.S.

Tycho
05-29-2002, 02:21 AM
I agree. This storyline is really an amateur's work. I don't know what you guys will all think of my piece, but it at least seems more plausible to me. However, I can accept criticism on it and you should make your points in the this section in that threat which I started.

This story that you read from this thread was posted by ScoopGuy. I don't know if he is still reporting any more for us, but he's been way wrong before.

Just because you see it on the web somewhere does not make it The Script , or The Story.

For logisitical reasons, that just won't be available to anyone yet - as I'm not even sure Lucas is done with it.

TheForce.Net and Aldera.Net are the 2 best sites for 'truthful' spoiler information. But remember, even real quotes are open to interpretation. When I first heard that Qui-Gon was going to be this rogue Jedi, I did not know if that made him on the Dark Side of things or what that meant for certain. Both were open possibilities.

But Anakin will be nothing less than totally devoted to Padme.

There will not be such adult material in the movie such as love triangles or even the suspicion of jealousy over romantic situations.

That much you all should be logical about, and therefore almost certain!

Eternal Padawan
05-29-2002, 08:49 AM
There will not be such adult material in the movie such as love triangles or even the suspicion of jealousy over romantic situations.

I semi-disagree with that. Since way back, Lucas stated the third film will have Othello type overtones to it. I always took that to mean that Palpatine (Iago) would have Anakin (Othello) seeing a relationship between Obi Wan and Padme that wasn't there. It's what sets off the fight between Anakin and Obi that results in a horribly disfigured Vader.

But back to Supershadow's fanboy wet dream. i really wish people would quit posting threads about it. There's like five or six threads that say "Episode III revealed!!" or some such similar nonsense. Then they post a link to that monstrosity. Maybe we could combine them or something...

Jedi Clint
05-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Tell ya what EP, if you list them here, I will make them one topic.

Tycho
05-29-2002, 04:54 PM
It's not in Obi-Wan's character to get involved with Padme.

Of course we know that.

But Anakin knows that too.

That plotline about the 3 of them in an Othello suspicious triangle will never happen!

OC47150
05-30-2002, 07:19 AM
I agree with the others. I think it's a piece of fan fiction. The multiple sith lords is a neat idea but the premise of one master/one apprentice is already established.

I believe we all agree on these known Ep. 3 facts:

* The Clone War are still ranging on.
* The Jedis numbers are greatly reduced because of the Clone War.
* The infamous Obi Wan/Anakin duel will take place.
* Luke and Leia are born and wisked away to secret locations.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
It's not in Obi-Wan's character to get involved with Padme.

Of course we know that.

But Anakin knows that too.

That plotline about the 3 of them in an Othello suspicious triangle will never happen!

Anakin distancing himself from both of them will bring them closer together (but not like that, I agree).

And Anakin being a puppet of Palaptine and starting to believe everything the Good Chancellor tells him.

All of this could lead to Anakin not seeing things the way they really are. All it would take is for him to see them together.

Don't dismiss it out of hand so quickly. I've not seen anything to suggest it won't happen.

Croaker
05-30-2002, 11:10 AM
I've always liked the the Othello angle on things.

Go back and watch AOTC with that in mind.
'She was very glad to see us.' (us!)

I kind of got the feeling that Obi wan kind of liked her but was a much more devoted Jedi than Ani so he would never do anything about it.

The Chosen One
05-30-2002, 11:26 PM
This sounds silly...but in Episode 1, when Obi-wan says something to Padme, and she says "thats why we must not fail"...Anakin looks at Obi-wan and Padme strangely....kinda like jealous. I never though Han could have feelings for Leia...perhaps Obi Wan does have feelings for Padme....

Chewtobacco
05-31-2002, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't look into little Anakin's strange look. Jake Lloyd isn't the best child actor. He must have just passed gas and was wondering if they could smell it.

I think the dialogue went something like this: Qui-Gon says "That's a well conceived plan your highness, but if it doesn't work..." (or something like that)

That's when Queen Amidala says "that's why we must not fail to knock out the control ship. Everything depends on it"

Wasn't she talking to the group or Qui-Gon? (not Obi-wan)

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 12:28 AM
You know, just as all of you have speculated as to the story of EIII, I too have my own theories. If they are repeats of someone elses, I promise you that is simply a coincidence (i'm relatively new to this forum thing)

As pointed out, one sure thing is the Obi-Ani duel, the question will always be "why?" Here goes my theory.... Ani while being the chosen one, eventually chooses the dark side mainly (as pointed out by GL) because he has difficulty letting go. Such as the letting go of his mom. Ani makes very tight bonds with his friends and loved ones and I don't think this will change in EIII. Therefore I think Tycho is right one with his statement that Ani will be nothing but faithful to Padme. In fact it will be this attachment that will lead to his fall. I think that something will happen which will necessitate his separation from Padme, something which Obi-Wan insists upon due to his duty as a Jedi. During this excursion (perhaps Clone War stuff...) I suspect that Padme will be severely hurt if not slain. Ani's inability to let go of her and his anger over Obi-wan's orders for him to leave her side will cause a rift that Palpatine will be more than willing to help progress. Ani will turn to Palpatine who in turn will lead him down his eventual path which will include the encounter with Obi-Wan (the proverbial straw that broke the camels back).

Right of course as Tycho had stated the end while definitely bleak will see the separation of the twin children.

Anyways long winded but just my theory of things to come.... :)

The Chosen One
05-31-2002, 12:55 AM
Nah Chewtobbaco, its 'ol Obi-wan " thats a good plan your highness but if blah blah blah" and she says, "That is why we must not fail" and Ani looks at Obi Wan and then Padme...probably nothing, just something that I noticed.

Laserbrain
06-01-2002, 01:30 AM
I was thinking that the Orthello angle could be between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Anakin's faith in the Force, ya know?

But I like the idea of Padme' being wounded. She would have to be, to raise Leia for a couple years then pass away. Otherwise she'd be whoopin' Stormtrooper butt in E4-6.

We've got a lot of potential foreshadowing going on, pointing towards Padme' betraying Anakin in some way and the only way this would happen is on a political level. Obi-Wan's had serveral lines about how "politicians can't be trusted."

Remember how surprised Sidious was when Padme' went back to Naboo determined to force the Trade Fed off the planet? "This is an unexpected move for her. It's too bold."

I figure she aligns herself against Anakin's idealology. Let's say Padme' leans toward the left and Anakin leans toward (a little too far) the right. This was alluded to when the two were having a picnic on Naboo and the word "dictatorship" came up.

Anyway, I suspect Padme' commits an outward act of rebellion against Palpy, Anakin gets ****y and stabs her through the shoulder (possibly the heart) with his lightsaber in a bedroom scene to be remembered...

Eat yer heart out, Shakespeare....

Jedi Clint
06-01-2002, 02:09 AM
I bet the only physical trauma that woman will suffer is the birth of twins. Poor Padme. She will die of a broken heart, a crushed spirit, and a stifled will. That is more than enough pain for her character to endure.

Tycho
06-01-2002, 02:17 AM
Which is why I don't discount that she might commit suicide.

Jedi Clint
06-01-2002, 02:38 AM
That is entirely possible.....and it makes her story even more sad and tragic. :(

Tycho
06-01-2002, 03:35 AM
Did I bring up Romeo and Juliette in this thread? I forgot.

Padme's suicide would make this movie as dark as it could ever be! (don't forget in Empire, Luke made a suicidal move when he cast himself off the gantry. He had no plan to survive (I don't think).

Going against that, it's showing a kid and teen audience that a leading heroine finds suicide an acceptable way out. This might be either suggested then, or Padme sacrafices herself in such a way that she dies heroically - not by shooting herself, letting her body fall off a precipiece, or overdosing on anti-depressants or drugs purposefully (not for substance abuse in other words - but only for intended death).

This is hard to imagine. But possible. Juliet took a poison that made her appear to die so her family would entomb her and believe her dead so she could then be free and marry Romeo. He did not know she was doing this, and when he found her and believed her dead in the tomb, he stabbed himself through the heart. When Juliette came to, saw what Romeo had done, she took her life with the same blade.

Romeo and Juliette is just about mandatory reading in Junior High School. I think everyone has read Shakespeare at some point in their education. That is also why "I am an agony - as though a part of me is in such great pain, hoping that the kiss you never should have given me will not become a scar!" Lines like these are similar and not cheasy in the works of Shakespeare. Homage to The Bard has been paid in AOTC already.

Again, Padme could decide on a heroic course of action which is suicide which she will not survive, but Leia knew her real mother when she was very young. The question is how young is that?

We always assume that memories begin around age 3-4-5. My earliest memories that are really clear were from ages 4 and 5.

If Leia is similar, then Padme's later suicide will not be described or shown.

If Padme is wounded, it must be a fatal wound that she can live through (on life support?) for 3-5 years. That too is dark and tragic. Leia gets to visit her mother under medical care. Those are the only memories she ever has of her real mother. Truly sad, too.

Whatever it will be, if Leia knew her mother for any significant amount of years following Episode 3, it will be under these kinds of gloomy circumstances - unless she is a depressive that takes 5 years until she finally decides to take her own life.

In any case, it gives Leia an early personal tragedy to fight against.