PDA

View Full Version : Palace Floorplans anywhere?

JON9000
05-28-2002, 10:50 PM
I really want to make my own Jabba's Palace. I intend to make it fit the ROTJ vintage jabba w/ Dias. I have a ton of palace figures and the toys (Rancor etc) are so cool I really want to have a neat place to display them. The cardboard thing kinda bites. Want to have 2 levels- throne room above with pit below. Maybe a droid room somewhere... I've tried to use the movie to determine a basic layout with some success. I think will end up being 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep.

My question is this- does anyone know where to find a floorplan of the palace- or at leat the throne room? I know it is probably in a book or perhaps an ERTL model exists soemwhere to help me out. Any ideas?

stillakid
05-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
I really want to make my own Jabba's Palace. I intend to make it fit the ROTJ vintage jabba w/ Dias. I have a ton of palace figures and the toys (Rancor etc) are so cool I really want to have a neat place to display them. The cardboard thing kinda bites. Want to have 2 levels- throne room above with pit below. Maybe a droid room somewhere... I've tried to use the movie to determine a basic layout with some success. I think will end up being 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep.

My question is this- does anyone know where to find a floorplan of the palace- or at leat the throne room? I know it is probably in a book or perhaps an ERTL model exists soemwhere to help me out. Any ideas?

I've been considering doing the same thing.

I'm also interested in building a TIE hanger and a Rebel hanger, with "girder" type supports to hang the B Wing and the TIE's.

What's an ERTL model?:confused:

ACPin
05-29-2002, 11:46 AM
Of course I know where you can get one of those. In fact my good friend AmShak built one from it. Here's the link for AmShak's Jabba's Throne Room (http://www.thebothanspy.com/~bothanusers/amshak/jabba.html). You can ask him specific Qs about it and tell him that I sent you.

JON9000
05-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Ah the ERTL model. Way back in the vintage Era snap together models were available of certain vehicles- Star Destroyers and such. I seem to remember one of Jabba's throne room. It was waaaayy out of scale to the 3 and 3/4 line, but I think I could use it as a guide to scale up!

BTW ACpin, that is a SWEET throne room Diorama- exactly what I am looking for THANKS!!!

Croaker
05-30-2002, 10:44 AM
I'll post pics of mine soon as I can.

mdquinn
06-02-2002, 02:34 AM
I have the Tech Guide to Tatooine, I have the exact replica map that they used to build the set in the movie, post if you still need it, other wise I won't scan it if I don't ahve to, it labels all the corridors and evetyhing, it has all you will ned

-

mdquinn
06-02-2002, 02:35 AM
I also have hoth hanger, ben kenobis hut, millenium falcon, cantina, and a **** load more

187-Maul
06-02-2002, 08:28 AM
could you show a pic of the cantina floor mdquinn? and of the thedd hangar if you have a pic? would be great so I could finish the floors on my dioramas

Jawa Fett
06-10-2002, 06:49 PM
The Star Wars technical journal has a floor plan of Jabbas' Palace. It is the same one used by Amshak to create his diorama. In case you haven't seen it yet, Amshak has done the best Jabbas Palace I have seen on the net!

JON9000
06-15-2002, 02:29 PM
A nice big scan of the palace floor plan would be sweet. The one by Amshak is kinda small.

ACPin
06-17-2002, 08:43 AM
A nice big scan of the palace floor plan would be sweet. The one by Amshak is kinda small.
All you have to do is bring it to a copy center and have it blown up to a larger scale. Or if you have the banner printing software, you could easily resize it to the correct scale that you need. Then it's just a matter of printing it.