PDA

View Full Version : Good Anakin is what we need

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Hasbro needs to make a GOOD Anakin in his normal Jedi clothes. No pull-out saber (even though this is the peasant costume), no wheel coming out of his back, no "Hey I'm crapping my pants" face, no "Arrgh damn you Tuskens!" face. Just a good, gimmick-free Anakin. Not even Force Action!
Who agrees?

Fulit
05-28-2002, 11:38 PM
Umm.........I do! And he should be poseable! But not too poseable, I don't want a freakin' G.I. Joe Anakin.

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 01:02 AM
Yeah, a neutral Anakin would be great for those quieter moments. Maybe give him a cloth cloak too.

JediTricks
05-29-2002, 02:39 AM
No no, we need one that can breakdance, and another with lightsaber-dropping action, and another that seems normal but is in a larger scale and has no articulation at the legs, and another with a non-removable robotic arm that's in a permanent "holding Padme's hand" pose and eyes that are looking at his shoes, and another one where the figure's mouth is open 45 degrees and one arm is significantly longer than the other, and one version where he's picking his nose, and one version that's topless and comes with bedsheets and his eyes are closed and he looks like he's whining, and one version that...

Yes, I'd like to see "normal" versions of Ani and ALL the main characters of the film.

derek
05-29-2002, 02:42 AM
i want an anakin making that goofey face after he kissed padme for the first time and she stopped him. :sur:

JediIan
05-29-2002, 07:42 AM
i want you all to die

sunblind
05-29-2002, 08:42 AM
Anything but those faces. Even Mace's face, with that. "Huhhhhhhhaaaaaa" looks kinda dumb.

~my 1 cent anyway~

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 09:06 AM
Yes... a normal, passive, forward facing Anakin would be most welcome. Oh, that and one that fits in the speeder a little better.

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 09:12 AM
I like HD Anakin. You can hardly notice the wheel on his back, unless you have a diorama made where his back is to you, and that would look pretty stupid...

I too would like neutral, at least slightly poseable versions of all the main characters, though.

billfremore
05-29-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Yes, I'd like to see "normal" versions of Ani and ALL the main characters of the film.

I sense much sarcasm in you...

ScarletX
05-29-2002, 11:24 AM
How about the Tatooine Ani? He looks alright from the fair web shots I have seen...

Jonna
05-29-2002, 11:28 AM
I have to agree. Anakin is the only main character that I have not removed from the package because I have no interest in the figure besides for collecting MOC.

pthfnder89
05-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
I like HD Anakin. You can hardly notice the wheel on his back, unless you have a diorama made where his back is to you, and that would look pretty stupid...

Dear lord I was starting to think that I was the only onewho could care less about the wheel. :rolleyes: I mean come on! It's not THAT big of a deal. I like the HD Ani too but the *real* problem it had was that darn weak magnet.

The only main character that I don't have a satisfactory figure of is Padme. (well, I'd like a semi-normal Mace too, even though I like the other two.)

Forhekset
05-29-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Dear lord I was starting to think that I was the only onewho could care less about the wheel. :rolleyes: I mean come on! It's not THAT big of a deal. I like the HD Ani too but the *real* problem it had was that darn weak magnet.

The only main character that I don't have a satisfactory figure of is Padme. (well, I'd like a semi-normal Mace too, even though I like the other two.)

Yeah really. I think I actually forgot about Anakin's gimmick/action feature because that miniscule wheel is so NOT noticeable. As far as the new action features go, HD Anakin's is one of the least intrusive if you ask me.

I like the Padme figure ok, sorta, but I hate that pose she's stuck in because of her stupid gimmick.

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by billfremore

I sense much sarcasm in you...
Strange, that was the ONLY statement in my previous post that wasn't sarcastic. Seriously!

I don't mind the wheel anywhere near as much as I dislike the weak magnet and tiny loose left wrist. Also, and this is just mine, I don't want one that looks like a mongoloid. (severe paint problems at the eyes and the eyebrows on mine, it's going back as soon as I can get my hands on a replacement)

pthfnder89
05-30-2002, 01:02 PM

Strange, that was the ONLY statement in my previous post that wasn't sarcastic. Seriously!

I don't mind the wheel anywhere near as much as I dislike the weak magnet and tiny loose left wrist.

Yeah, the left wrist does have a problem one some of the figures. But I opened three of them and I found out that it varies a LOT from fig to fig.

billfremore
05-30-2002, 01:04 PM

I sense I have no sense of sarcasm in me...

Darth Trymybestus
05-30-2002, 04:26 PM
Buy Luke Skywalker bespin duel... swap his lightsaber for the blue lightsaber from Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel.
They are the same lightsaber pretty much.. except Luke's is metal and Anakin can use it in his right hand.
And you can have Luke with both hands holding the lightsaber.
That way... you have a normal Anakin with a blue lightsaber in his right hand!
Easy as 1 2 3 :D

Darth_Maul25SW
05-30-2002, 05:21 PM
I just want an Anakin that can fit in his Speeder! And a decent pair of PANTS!!!

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 05:23 PM
Who knows, maybe Tatooine Ani will be able to do the trick? I'm certainly going to wait for that one, since I am not too fond of the current batch.

Forhekset
05-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
Buy Luke Skywalker bespin duel... swap his lightsaber for the blue lightsaber from Anakin Skywalker Hangar Duel.
They are the same lightsaber pretty much.. except Luke's is metal and Anakin can use it in his right hand.
And you can have Luke with both hands holding the lightsaber.
That way... you have a normal Anakin with a blue lightsaber in his right hand!
Easy as 1 2 3 :D

That's what I did too - the metal sabres look much cooler and my Bespin Luke doesn't need his anyway, he's currently hanging from the weather vane with a stump :)

browndroid
05-30-2002, 05:35 PM
i agree, just a normal face no stupid lightsaber up his arm, and poseable

DarthMaulSithLord
05-30-2002, 06:37 PM
I'm all for it, but it should come with a metal saberhilt that can be hung from his belt and a real leathery cape.

:D

HAK
05-30-2002, 10:04 PM
i think they should basically come out with a complete anakin. like he has a removable cape over the tunic with detachable arm and a metal mechno hand that can also be attached- i like the "force" action with the metal saber handle wich would be cool- just complete with everything

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 11:28 PM
Here here!! Love the complete anakin idea!!! Awesome idea Hak!! I definitely would go for a cloaked jedi anakin, hopefully with articulation as good as Bespin Luke!!

Perhaps make him a super deluxe figure packed with his swoop speeder or something...

Geonosian
06-02-2002, 09:51 AM
Why is hasbro so dumb and not make a Anakin with robes. C'mon a Anakin with Jedu robes is a must figure.
Will it happen?
You tell me...

sith_killer_99
06-02-2002, 10:55 AM
Knowing Hasbro's love for making main characters.....YES....it will be made.

Hasbro will not be happy until they have made every main character in every possible outfit.

So, worry not.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-02-2002, 11:00 AM
It really doesn't make any since....
They make Anakin in an outfit in which he is seen only in a couple of short scenes and they don't make one, when he is in his robes, which he is in that out fit most of the whole movie....

Rogue II
06-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Well, Hasbro did make these characters before the film was complete. It shows with all of the figures with features that that the figures have that aren't in the movie.

Give them time to make an Anakin in robes. He is a main character, so Hasbro will be making many different versions.

Forhekset
06-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Yeah, trust me, Hasbro's gonna be making so many versions of Anakin between now and 2005, people will start complaining about the resculpts like they do right now with all the Darth Mauls.

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 03:19 PM
They're probably gonna make cloaked Ani and Obi which will join the pegs at TRU with cloaked Obi and Qui. :D

corporal AMF
06-02-2002, 06:01 PM
I always like the robed Jedi's....when thay're in a neutral pose.....Obi & Qui (Naboo) were really good--for me---

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Wouldn't mind versions of them, I think they'd be great if they didn't put cloak slashing action or anything like that on them. :p

Lord Tenebrous
06-02-2002, 07:39 PM
I could do without it, especially translated into the "new style"

They'd make him the newest immobile Jedi:

Lman316
06-02-2002, 08:08 PM
I'm with most here, thinking that Hasbro will release a version of Ani in his robes. It's a perfect idea for a new character that they can get more and more money out of...
You know, sometimes I think, that if they crammed a lot of accessories into one box and made one character that was neutrally posed, with decent articulation (so you could buy multiples for different displays), we'd end up buying as many of these as we would of the resculpts, but we'd have a better figure. I know it wouldn't work for all figures, but for some of the main characters it would. Like for a new ROTJ Jedi Luke that people have been asking for. If you put in the poncho, the helmet, three different hands (shot, gloved, normal), a lightsaber, a hilt, a cloth robe, bone, rock, and all of that stuff w/ good articulation, you have a chance for more than one display, so you'll buy more. My two cents anyway.

End :crazed:.

anakinjedi202
06-02-2002, 08:45 PM
will there be any new anakins after the 2 deluxe ones?