PDA

View Full Version : The head sculpt on POTJ Luke XWing sux! look here

BillyJAck
05-29-2002, 03:55 AM
I just picked up my potj luke x wing. The head sculpt looks terrible. It looks absolutely horrible and nothing like Mark Hamill. But i recognized the face so well from somewhere. And you know who he looks like ... the actor David Threlfall now for yall who don't know him he played Inspector Highland in Patriot Games. He was the irish cop that got executed on the bridge by Sean Miller. Well the head sculpt looks exactly like him. O and Han Death Star Escape looks like Dennis Quaid with a bad haircut. They just crank some of these things out. Plus i have beef with the luke figure cause he's so skinny and frail Should be called Anorexia Skywalker. Anyone else have beef with this figure?

lmk

billy

JEDIpartner
05-29-2002, 09:18 AM
We've been calling him Bucky the beaver Luke and some other names... Rabbit Teeth...

His size is (supposedly) to scale with the other figures in the line as Mark was not a large man by any stretch.

SO... yes, we've been griping about him since the day he came out and possibly before that!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-29-2002, 11:41 AM
Yeah, this topic is pretty old. I believe we discussed it to death in the "Luke, Pass the Bowl" thread. He looks like he's getting ready for 4:20, if you know what I mean. :)

I think the Han from that wave looks like Ashton Kuchar from That 70's Show, also getting ready for 4:20.

LTBasker
05-30-2002, 12:29 AM
I heard if you just uce an X-acto blade to cut the teeth in half or chip off the paint it looks "better." Probably cutting them in half makes it look more likes the 2 rows of teeth instead of just the buckteeth. Think the Rebels could use a dam? :p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-30-2002, 12:29 AM
It looks like his head was ran over by a steamroller and his buckteeth are worse than most rednecks (or sons of the soil as they preferred to be called).

Jayspawn
05-30-2002, 01:26 AM
Yes this was definatly far from the best Luke face sculpt. The helmet is cool though!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-30-2002, 11:11 AM
IMO, there hasn't been a decent Luke head sculpt since the ST Luke. Starting with the MF helmet Luke they've all looked like Anakin and Padme were cousins. :D

Jonna
05-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Oh wait!!! Those are supposed to be his teeth? I thought that he had a mouth full of moth balls.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Yes this was definatly far from the best Luke face sculpt. The helmet is cool though!

But far from the worst as well. :) How about the original POTF2 sculpt that they just REFUSED to change...:rolleyes:

I think the POTJ Xwing Luke was alright myself. It had a decent resemblence to Mark Hamill.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

But far from the worst as well. :) How about the original POTF2 sculpt that they just REFUSED to change...:rolleyes:

I think the POTJ Xwing Luke was alright myself. It had a decent resemblence to Mark Hamill.

Before or after the car crash? :) :crazed: :dead:

chris
06-05-2002, 08:09 PM
They're are a couple of POTJ figs that have really bad likenesses, like X-wing Luke. Overall, the detail on the line was good, so i don't know how figs like the Luke can turn out so bad?

QLD
06-08-2002, 06:15 PM
I didn't think it was THAT bad. But he does look like a little girl compared to the other figures.

Beast
06-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Have you guys actually seen Mark Hammil in ANH? I think the face sculpt is very accurate. In ANH, his features were soft and somewhat feminine, and he did have bucked teeth a bit. In my opinion, the car accident was the best thing that ever happened to him, as he looks much better in ESB, then he did in ANH. Maybe we should consider that a Lucas conspiracy. :D :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TIE Pilot
06-10-2002, 01:31 AM
The head sculpt is ~very~ accurate if you compare it to the way Mark Hamill looked in the infamous Star Wars Holida Special.

Check it out :)

BillyJAck
06-10-2002, 11:59 PM
omg thats scary lol

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Did anyone see Atomic Twister on "The Super Station"? The guy who was wearing the KISS t-shirt had buck teeth and looked ALOT like the Luke. :sur: :D

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 12:16 PM
I don't know, I think people are comparing it too much to how Hamill looked in ESB and ROTJ. Remember that he was in a car crash and had to have plastic surgery on his face that's why he looks different (the Wampa attack sequence was written to explain this in the movie). Thus is you look at just what a goofball Hamill resembled in ANH, then I think that the POTJ version is the best likeness yet.

Yes, you heard me, BEST LUKE LIKENESS YET! (note: no sarcasm)

Besides I always considered Luke to be a whiny little prick anyway, nice to see a figure that captures that so well.:)

Bent Wookie
07-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, not really but I just liked the Simpsons pseudo reference... :D :D

Actually, I think a few got out with less white and looked a lot better. I personally found one with almost no white at all. The difference it made was night and day. I usually like my figures on the beefy side, yet I think the figure looks pretty good myself. You can always lose the head and make a Princess Leia X-wing outfit for that super tight thin body. Sexy!! :D