PDA

View Full Version : POTF Commtech thoughts

wedgeA
05-29-2002, 05:30 AM
I was just wondering if folks would chime in about the POTF CTC line. I think this line sent out the POTF line on a high note. Some thoughts:

Luke T-16: Although a redundant figure, I liked it, as I thought the face sculpt on luke was solid, overall the best Luke figure on a card until the Sage Bespin Duel. Needed a lightsaber though.

Han Cantina: My favorite Han, detail on the figure is good, and I think that the blaster/holster function is great.

Leia: Again, a redundant figure, but it is still the best ANH Leia. Nice use of cloth, body and face sculpt are nice, and I like that the hood is up, as it hides those buns!

Vader: I like this Vader the best until Saga Bespin Duel. I think that this figure edges out RH Vader, as the sculpt is dead on. I also like the cloth cape. Again, needs a lightsaber.

I am trying to get my hands on the Stormtrooper and R2D2, but from the pics, they look like vast improvements over their previous POTF incarnations.

Please sound off with your thoughts on these and other figures in the line. Also, anyone know why this line met what seems to be a premature end and replaced by the POTJ line? Thanks!

gibbspaulus
05-29-2002, 05:45 AM
I'm nearly done getting them, as of this week. I agree with Vader - he has a very menacing air about him. The trooper is amazing, possibly the best posability in a figure I have ever seen. Han is... Han. I have never been happy with any solo figuer - they just never seem right to me!!

I haven't got Luke or Greedo yet, although Motti arrived last week (only one line it seems) and Leia arrives this week - I think the hood-up bit is a really nice touch after all the down hood/flappy piece of cloth...

It's a shame they all sound like STephen Hawkings!

ACPin
05-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by wedgeA
Also, anyone know why this line met what seems to be a premature end and replaced by the POTJ line? Thanks!
Business decision more than anything else to integrate the lines, since this was released at about the same time as E1. Plus it also suffered from the big letdown due to oversupply of E1 figs. Good thing that they've shown up in the big clearance sales where I managed to build my armies. The Leia and Motti wave showed up in far less numbers than the rest.

187-Maul
05-29-2002, 01:57 PM
well I have some figs of the line so here goes:

Han Solo: since I have I didn't bother about getting a new one (like bespin which actually is nice too)
Greedo: vast improvement on first release, like solo great to have knee articulation
Leia: (don't have myself, my brother though) looks pretty good but I kinda find her boring
Stormtrooper: GREAT figure although articulation should have been arranged better for better pose possibilities and should have had a blaster included instead of rifle
Vader: (again don't have myself, my brother has) looks awesome and still looking for it (for a good price)
Jawa with Gonk: great figure and good droid accessory
Luke: still looking for but according to pics pretty cool

jjreason
05-29-2002, 03:51 PM
This is a good run. Wuher was a pretty neat figure to get, the perfect exclusive. Well made, good accessories but probably not popular enough to fly off the rack at TRU. I was pretty happy to finally get that Leia, as well. My favorite ANH Leia so far (they probably don't need too many more!).
Good Han, Luke, Greedo, Jawa, Darth and Stormtrooper - even though we have them to death, these ones were worth the money. Especially the Stormtrooper and the Jawa (just to finally get the "dustbin robot" my sentimental self had been wanting).

Sith Vicious
05-29-2002, 05:05 PM
On the whole, I thought the resculpts were nice looking but basically uneccessary. The Cantina Han/Greedo and Stormtrooper were somewhat usefull just for the articulation. The new figures (Motti, Wuher, and Gonk) were all excellent, but I could've done without the action legs on Gonk.

JON9000
05-29-2002, 05:42 PM
I really liked the Commtech line at the tail end of POTF. This line introduced what I think is one of the best improvements- weapons that are to scare that actually fit in the holsters. I like that feature as much as I do the articulated legs. Sure, a lot were resculpts, but they were good ones-
Vader had the torture droid (although I am not a big fan of cloth capes), The Jawa had a Gonk along with it, and a more realistic headed Greedo. And we even got Motti, Aunt Beru with a cool Treadwell, and Wuhrer to boot- I think there was something for just about everyone. Of course it stinks that no one was able to find Leia, Motti, or Beru.

Sith Vicious
05-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Wasn't Beru a flashback figure?

JON9000
05-29-2002, 10:01 PM
whoops you're right!!

BillyJAck
06-08-2002, 12:38 PM
I have all these figures except Leia for my loose ANH collection and I consider them the ONLY version worth buying of the characters in those outifts and etc. Great Figures. Love how the Jawa has little feet underneath, R2 is the best ever, Motti was a nice surprise. Stormtrooper is great. So is Vader. Luke should have come with the acessories that flashback luke came with plus a poncho and lightsaber and blastshield helmet and it would have been perfect luke hands down.Greedo was great. Wuher is on the way i don't expect too much form him. I tore all these out of the package and put them on display. I could care less is they are worth money. I'm going to get a leia now i think. They should have made the captain of the Tantive IV, and a ANH version of chewie like he was suppose to be. But in the top three for best figure lines ever done for star wars in my book. Love it! My advice buy two of them all.

billyjack

ps. buy flashback beru and c3po they fit in real nice with them, also flashback ben

Turbowars
06-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Greedo, Gonk, stomy rock! I wish that Wuhers glass wasn't molded into his hand, other than that an A+ fig.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Of all the POTF Commies, I only have a Greedo, Jawa w/Gonk, Han, Luke, Vader and Leia. Paid $1.97 for all of them 'cept Leia which I got at a comic shop for only $8-9 (a steal considering her scarcity). All of the sculpts are decent. I love the Gonk droid and my family gets a kick every time I play the Commtech sound. The only knock is the scarcity of some of these babies, especially the Motti, Leia, and Wuher. I would have gladly paid the $7.99 retail some stores charged if only they had them to begin with!

QLD
06-15-2002, 01:21 PM
I like them all! Very much! I loved the commtech chips too! They sound like dookey, but they are great stands!