PDA

View Full Version : are they going to make a yoda electronic lightsaber?

yoda05
05-29-2002, 08:35 AM
i'm not sure if this goes here, but it is a saga toy. will they ever make it? that would be the most interesting lightsaber they could ever make! and since i'm a yoda fanatic, i really want one!

bigbarada
05-29-2002, 03:08 PM
I don't see how they couldn't make one. Make it about the size of the basic lightsabers, with the same features of the larger sized lightsabers. Yoda's fight scene was too cool for Hasbro not to do this.

Kind of off the lightsaber topic, but still on the Yoda topic: What about a 12" scale Yoda figure? Is one planned?

Jaina Solo
05-29-2002, 03:14 PM
I have no idea if we'll ever see either of those, but I think both would be great.

Dooku Fett
05-29-2002, 04:10 PM
I would just HAVE to buy a Yoda Lightsaber! That would be really cool. Maybe this should move over to "Dear Hasbro"?

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 04:43 AM
I don't think it's possible to do an accurate Yoda lightsaber from Hasbro, the hilt would be shorter than the 2 C-cell batteries needed to power it. However, if you do a super-fat one that's way too long, it might work. :D

Lman316
06-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't think it's possible to do an accurate Yoda lightsaber from Hasbro, the hilt would be shorter than the 2 C-cell batteries needed to power it. However, if you do a super-fat one that's way too long, it might work. :D

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But what about doing a basic version? The blade would have to be smaller anyway, and there are no electronics. I think it could be done.

End :).

Jaina Solo
06-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Aren't they all super-fat ones that are way too long? I'm considering getting Dooku's lightsaber so that I can use it as a baseball bat. :)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-01-2002, 06:27 PM
If Hasbro does make a Yoda lightsaber, you'll see me dressed up as Yoda next Halloween!

DarthMaulSithLord
06-01-2002, 06:34 PM
'm sure they can make an electronic Yoda lightsaber. Since it's smaller, it woulden't need the same batteries as the others. I'd also like to see a Mace Windu saber btw.

:)

pthfnder89
06-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaina Solo
Aren't they all super-fat ones that are way too long?

Yeah, a Yoda saber would probably be way oversized just like the others.:)

saladin
06-02-2002, 02:11 AM
i'd buy like 50 and then 50 more just to have a wall full of them

JediTricks
06-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Lman, as a basic saber, it'd be really hard to hold onto (the basics are made for heavy bashing around play) but since the blade would be much smaller anyway, I suppose it's not totally impossible.

Jaina, they are all too fat and slightly too long, that was the joke I was making, but the original Luke ROTJ and Vader ones are not as fat as the Ep 1 versions even though the POTF2 sabers extend longer than the Ep 1 sabers (which extend longer than the Ep 2 sabers, I've been told).

Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
'm sure they can make an electronic Yoda lightsaber. Since it's smaller, it woulden't need the same batteries as the others. I'd also like to see a Mace Windu saber btw.
The sound effects and lightbulb wouldn't be smaller, only the saber and hilt. 2 C-cells barely keep those regular-length sabers going long enough, 2 AAs would be cutting play time way down.

I'd also like to see an Ep 2 Mace Windu and the Ep 1 Mace Windu multi-color saber come out.